Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery (64276 Views)

Police Foil Robbery Attack At Zenith Bank In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Police Foil Armed Robbery Attack In Rivers & Arrest Policeman Who Rob Banks(pics / Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by akigbemaru: 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2015
foiled robbery
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by Adesiji77: 12:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
sirxbit:
See money ooooo.holy moses..i must commend d police in ph on dis unlike lagos lazy police men who were celebrating world no bra day y robbers were looting banks

shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by paSURE(m): 12:29pm On Oct 15, 2015
Oh boy! seemoney! Thank God for turning d blues to reggae for dem.It's not business as usual for them this time.At least let appreciate the effort of our force men on this:Thumbs up NPF Rivers command.' Na beer parlour,9t club,hotel,drugs,and bear bear bank for exhaust these hot cash'

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by ruggedtimi(m): 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
see money...dem don spoil dose robbers show

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by yousee(m): 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
MadCow1:
Those robbers should never have gotten off of that Ordinance Road alive.. RPG or Not.

angry

There are enough Mobile police men on Ordinance to wage a small war against a Local Government Area. Inside of Total which is just across the road from the bank, there would have been nothing less than 30 - 50 well equipped and armed Officers. Then coupled with the one's in the many other oil companies surrounding that bank, they could have wiped out those robbers immediately they existed the Bank gate. angry

There is Elekahia police station - Less than 5 mins from the Bank.

There is Oginigba police station too - Les than 3 mins from the Bank.

There is also Amadi - Ama Police Station - 10 mins from the Bank.

Mini-Okoro Police Station is also less than 5 mins away from that bank.

How the fhuck did the robbers get away despite being surrounded by these many number of police stations? angry

I'm sorry but I don't call this a success..
Sometimes I wonder how robbers out gun our cops.
These guys escaped with gunshot wounds yet all I see is one AK47, one pistol and a RPG.
With all the police and military formations around that route.
Abeg na firewood our cops use chase them?
I expected to see like 40 rifles with tons of magazines.

I trust the cops, as soon as they saw that humongous cash, all man hold brake.

Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by Ayibaba1: 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2015
The bank in question is Diamond bank and I thought the robber made away with the money because the security was not tight. I am happy to hear the money was recovered. Strange to me though because we know they escaped through ordinance road to Elikiah and there was no pursue by any police.
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by Rockstar2014(m): 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2015
The case of Lagos robbery was difficult for the police probably because they came and escaped through the water ways.

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by ogwomba(m): 12:44pm On Oct 15, 2015
MadCow1:
Those robbers should never have gotten off of that Ordinance Road alive.. RPG or Not.

angry

There are enough Mobile police men on Ordinance to wage a small war against a Local Government Area. Inside of Total which is just across the road from the bank, there would have been nothing less than 30 - 50 well equipped and armed Officers. Then coupled with the one's in the many other oil companies surrounding that bank, they could have wiped out those robbers immediately they existed the Bank gate. angry

How the fhuck did the robbers get away despite being surrounded by these many number of police stations? angry

i agree with you, it made me stay back in the office until about 5:30pm. If is not because of the heavy traffic along stadium road they could've gotten away with this, even the mopols in our office were dragging exit way with us.
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by ilyas26(m): 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
This money can change my life for good
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by MadCow1: 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2015
ogwomba:

i agree with you, it made me stay back in the office until about 5:30pm. If is not because of the heavy traffic along stadium road they could've gotten away with this, even the mopols in our office were dragging exit way with us.

I even forgot to add the checkpoint that is always at that railway.
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by Sappyman(m): 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
Rivers Police have been killing armed robbers since AD and BC. Rivers Police are truly our friend.
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by ogwomba(m): 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2015
MadCow1:

I even forgot to add the checkpoint that is always at that railway.

it was even the Mopol at weatherford that was shooting from afar.
Am not impress from their act yesterday.
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by BEDMON1900: 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2015
sirxbit:
See money ooooo.holy moses..i must commend d police in ph on dis unlike lagos lazy police men who were celebrating world no bra day y robbers were looting banks
The beat to establish state police....
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by BEDMON1900: 1:01pm On Oct 15, 2015
ZYZZA:
And buhari is the president
#IHATEAPC #AM A WAILER AND AM PROUD
Continue Goading till you become a gob-shite...
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by elampiro(m): 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2015
MadCow1:

angry

I don't know PH too well, but there is a reason police don't confront or exchange shots with robbers inside main towns. There will be many casualties with stray bullets hitting everyone.

The robbers would just be spraying to escape. When the dust settles, it would be dawn on everyone that it was a foolish move. You cannot put innocent civilian lives at risk just because of attempt to trap stolen money. It's always better to lay ambush. The robbers that were killed in Benin around 2007, were allowed to escape from the town but they met their deaths in the outskirt of the Benin City.

As for the amount of money recovered from this robbers, it shows they went to a high risk area. A Zonal cash management office where cash is distributed to all branches in that state and even beyond. It would always be hard to go free from such an operation. The intelligence around such an area will be high. A low risk area for banking but a high risk area for robbers. High risk area for banks would hold more than 30m naira in a day except there is are emergency payments to be met.

2 Likes

Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by ochiora(f): 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2015
Demini:
May God help in all these

Guys pls don't fall for this guy's scam. He may have changed his number and advert image, but trust me he is still the same entity that scammed me of N2500 worth of mtn recharge card in return of 10gig megabyte. Up till today I haven't got the data or my money back. Be wise people!
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by HopeAtHand: 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2015
Rockstar2014:
The case of Lagos robbery was difficult for the police probably because they came and escaped through the water ways.

Once it involves waterways in PH, the money and the criminals( this time primarily militants) can never be traced.

Rivers state waterways is like a network of roads..Even NN dey miss their way steady.
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by elampiro(m): 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2015
ogwomba:

Are you a banker?

You should know the police did well. It's best to get intelligence about an operation and then lay ambush or quietly go and arrest the robbers in their hideout than to engage them while in their operations. Bullets will be flying everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by bobbyspeed(m): 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2015
jmoore:
Lagos command should learn from Rivers State.

What else to learn, Lagos police too gave the Festa rubbers a chase and they abandoned 27m cash before escaping through the canal. I trust Lagos police will soon apprehend the robbers like the ikorodu own
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by seangy4konji: 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2015
Bad market.

I wish they dropped that cash at my backyard.

Full resting
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by ogwomba(m): 1:24pm On Oct 15, 2015
elampiro:

Are you a banker?

You should know the police did well. It's best to get intelligence about an operation and then lay ambush or quietly go and arrest the robbers in their hideout than to engage them while in their operations. Bullets will be flying everywhere.

No am not.
like i said earlier is just the heavy traffic that helped out.
It was something else yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by MadCow1: 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
elampiro:

I don't know PH too well, but there is a reason police don't confront or exchange shots with robbers inside main towns. There will be many casualties with stray bullets hitting everyone.

The robbers would just be spraying to escape. When the dust settles, it would be dawn on everyone that it was a foolish move. You cannot put innocent civilian lives at risk just because of attempt to trap stolen money. It's always better to lay ambush. The robbers that were killed in Benin around 2007, were allowed to escape from the town but they met their deaths in the outskirt of the Benin City.

As for the amount of money recovered from this robbers, it shows they went to a high risk area. A Zonal cash management office where cash is distributed to all branches in that state and even beyond. It would always be hard to go free from such an operation. The intelligence around such an area will be high. A low risk area for banking but a high risk area for robbers. High risk area for banks would hold more than 30m naira in a day except there is are emergency payments to be met.

Ordinance road was perfect to intercept them.

Its a high traffic area for vehicles but carries little pedestrian traffic.

If their intent was to minimize casualties, ordinance was the best place to do so. Or better yet force them into the ordinance-oginigba link road around the corner and shoot them to smitherines as that road has next to zero activities on it.
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by Ucbiu(m): 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
OBOI shocked SEE MONII grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by elampiro(m): 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2015
MadCow1:

Ordinance road was perfect to intercept them.

Its a high traffic area for vehicles
but carries little pedestrian traffic.

This tells me it was not appropriate to engage them in gun battle in that area. I don't know PH well but consider what you said 'it's a high traffic area'

That alone can lead to the death of 50 innocent souls before the robbers are killed.

MadCow1:

If their intent was to minimize casualties,
ordinance was the best place to do so. Or better yet force them into the ordinance-oginigba link road around the corner and shoot them to smitherines as that road has next to zero activities on it.

Should there be casualties at all? Does it worth it? The following day you would hear obituary this obituary that..... From Street hawkers to car users going to work, professional footballers visiting home, govt officials, housewives, etc.

It's not worth the risk. It just money. They robbers can always be traced if ambush cannot be laid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by elampiro(m): 1:55pm On Oct 15, 2015
ogwomba:

No am not.
like i said earlier is just the heavy traffic that helped out.
It was something else yesterday.

Well, it's possible they would still have been stopped.

The one that happened in Benin around 2007, Police took another route, went to take strategic positions outskirts of the town. And all the robbers were killed. Only one police man killed.

It's better for the robbers to excape than to record innocent casualties. No amount of money is worth it.

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by DrGud: 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2015
D money looks more than the said amount! shocked tongue
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by MadCow1: 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2015
elampiro:

This tells me it was not appropriate to engage them in gun battle in that area. I don't know PH well but consider what you said 'it's a high traffic area'

That alone can lead to the death of 50 innocent souls before the robbers are killed.

Should there be casualties at all? Does it worth it? The following day you would hear obituary this obituary that..... From Street hawkers to car users going to work, professional footballers visiting home, govt officials, housewives, etc.

It's not worth the risk. It just money. They robbers can always be traced if ambush cannot be laid.

Do you know the police gave cause and carried the gun battle from there into town that is more densely populated?

Immediately the robbery started I got the security alert at work and continues receiving reports until the loot was recovered. Its a miracle nobody got shot cos the police rather than Intercept them on ordinance went and cordoned them off at elekahia that is a housing area. If you see ordinance road, you will understand why I said it was the perfect place to intercept and eliminate them
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by ceeceeuwa: 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2015
Who counted the money?

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by sademola: 2:13pm On Oct 15, 2015
ZYZZA:
And buhari is the president

#IHATEAPC #AM A WAILER AND AM PROUD

Then wail on!!!!

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by afo4real(m): 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2015
more power to their elbow? assuming warri guys are among d police na only d car dem go revealed
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by missKiffy(f): 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2015
Chai, they would have been spending the money anyhow they like
Re: Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery by Bimpe29: 2:47pm On Oct 15, 2015
Good work there by The Nigeria Police Force, they must keep it up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Muslims, Christians Throw Stones In Ilorin Over Kwara Hijab Controversy (VIDEO) / Corpse Of Kidnapped Ex-FUTA Vice-Chancellor Dumped In His Compound This Evening / Woman Smiles In Mugshots After Killing Fiance With Sword In U.S.(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.