Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP (9511 Views)

Lagos LG Polls: PDP Won’t Win Any Council – Tinubu / I Am Afraid I did Not Succeed In The Election In Kogi, Bayelsa & Rivers - Buhari / Malpractices In Kogi, Bayelsa Elections Unfortunate, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by DONSMITH123(m): 7:12am On Oct 15, 2015
Ahead of the governorship elections in Kogi and Bayelsa States billed for November 21 and December 5 respectively, the national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has alleged that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) was inciting violence in these states.

The party in a statement on Wednesday, by its National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh, said the APC was making this plot with a view to causing confusion, frustrate the electoral process and possibly impede the forthcoming governorship elections in the states.

It said the APC, having realized that it did not have the support of the electorates in the two states, especially given its unpopular candidates, was now employing devious machinations, including violence to terrorize the people, disrupt and eventually truncate the elections.

The party said: “The imprints of the APC could be felt in the sudden militancy in Kogi as well as the growing cases of political violence in Bayelsa ahead of the November 21 and December 5 governorship elections in the two states respectively.

“The APC has perfected a heinous plot to inject crisis in Kogi and Bayelsa, ostensibly to frustrate the electoral procedures within the constitutional time frame, so as to prevent PDP candidates, Governors Idris Wada and Seriake Dickson from being re-elected into office.

“We invite Nigerians to note that the build up to the militancy in Kogi has been long started by the APC and its candidate, Prince Abubakar Audu, who has been fouling the state’s political environment with hate and inciting utterances, including threats to lives of PDP supporters and perceived political opponents.

“Intelligence information available to us indicates that the APC has been training and arming thugs to unleash mayhem and destabilize the state ahead of the election.

[b]“Recall that earlier this month, Prince Abubakar Audu directed these thugs to attack and “kill” PDP supporters and those perceived to be opposed to the ambition of the APC in the state. Nigerians should therefore not be surprised at the sudden militancy in Kogi state. We know that the aim here is to infuse confusion, truncate the electoral process and eventually rig the poll in favour of the APC.

“Also, in Bayelsa state, the APC in its desperation for power has been heating up the system and arming thugs, apparently to cause crisis in the state polity, frighten the electorate and possibly derail the election to their advantage.

“Nigerians are witness to the sponsored violence that characterized the APC governorship primaries in Bayelsa, with party leaders pointing accusing fingers at APC’s candidate, Chief Timipre Sylva.

“We are aware that the same set of APC thugs used during their primaries have now been further armed and instructed to attack PDP members and perceived opponents of the APC, intimidate electoral officials and disorganize the elections.

“The PDP therefore charge Nigerians, all security agencies and the international community to note the evil machination of the APC and hold them responsible for the growing disturbances, especially should there be any breakdown of law and order during the governorship elections in the states.[/b]

“In the same vein, we call on President Muhammadu Buhari to see the two forthcoming elections as litmus tests of his democratic credentials. He should, as duty demands of him as the father of the nation to ensure that he takes immediate steps to rein in members of his party, the APC in the two states.

“We also call on the people of these two core PDP states of Kogi and Bayelsa to be vigilant and ensure that they do not fall prey to the gimmicks of the APC in their desperation to subvert their will and steal their mandate.

“Finally, the PDP wishes to state categorically that it would not hesitate to use any means available within the ambit of the law to ensure free and transparent elections and would not accept any attempt by anybody whatsoever to rob us of our oncoming deserving electoral victory in these states.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/15/apc-inciting-violence-in-kogi-bayelsa-to-disrupt-polls-pdp/

1 Like

Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:14am On Oct 15, 2015
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by OnankpaBa(m): 7:16am On Oct 15, 2015
Metuh should go and sleep abeg.

Either way, all i know is no place for Prince Abubakar Audu and Wada in Kogi state.

7 Likes

Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by SmithEnemona(m): 7:17am On Oct 15, 2015
grin
Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by DONSMITH123(m): 7:18am On Oct 15, 2015
OnankpaBa:
Metuh should go and sleep abeg.

Either way, all i know is no place for Prince Abubakar Audu and Wada in Kogi state.

so who is gonna win then?

6 Likes

Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by OnankpaBa(m): 7:21am On Oct 15, 2015
DONSMITH123:

so who is gonna win then?

Philip Salawu for sure....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by oluwaSmith1(f): 7:22am On Oct 15, 2015
Booking space... grin grin grin grin

I will be back. Am still in bed. Even lalasticlala still dey sleep. Sir Don go sleep first. grin grin grin
Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by DONSMITH123(m): 7:24am On Oct 15, 2015
OnankpaBa:

Philip Salawu for sure....

ok o. till then lipsrsealed
Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by DONSMITH123(m): 7:24am On Oct 15, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
Booking space... grin grin grin grin

I will be back. Am still in bed. Even lalasticlala still dey sleep. Sir Don go sleep first. grin grin grin

see your mouth. lol grin
Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by Blizzy9ja: 7:25am On Oct 15, 2015
I don't care about what happens in Kogi state but as for Bayelsa the APC should just forget it, even if they put a gun on the head of all the electorate they'll still lose... The sweetest part is having Sylva as their candidate.

14 Likes

Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by Berrilite(f): 7:26am On Oct 15, 2015
PDP still wanna dey relevant
Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by OnankpaBa(m): 7:29am On Oct 15, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
I don't care about what happens in Kogi state but as for Bayelsa the APC should just forget it, even if they put a gun on the head of all the electorate they'll still lose... The sweetest part is having Sylva as their candidate.

same case in kogi. Imagine a candidates having EFCC case and the guy is not even afraid, telling the people of the state that he will return the 11BN once he comes back to power.

What will now happen once he failed to make it.?

APC has failed in Kogi and Bayelsa.

18 Likes

Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by ishiamu(m): 7:31am On Oct 15, 2015
Metuh we know, na their way but jah pass them

5 Likes

Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by temitemi1(m): 7:31am On Oct 15, 2015
Apceeee is the govt in power now grin grin
Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by Pavarottii(m): 7:50am On Oct 15, 2015
The ones they av in control, they can't pay salaries. Confused set of Party(The two candidates of APC in Bayelsa and Kogi just simply shows the kind of party APC is) Wen u finally vote for dem( the zombies) don't cry fowl. U will enjoy wat u voted for.

God bless Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by OnankpaBa(m): 7:53am On Oct 15, 2015
temitemi1:
Apceeee is the govt in power now grin grin

meaning ?

Oga they will shock you in poll.
Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:04am On Oct 15, 2015
Back to the topic, i think Metuh we know is a noise maker and his wailing will not give PDP any votes.

PDP is dead as far as am concern.
Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by OnankpaBa(m): 8:06am On Oct 15, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
Back to the topic, i think Metuh we know is a noise maker and his wailing will not give PDP any votes.

PDP is dead as far as am concern.

See you. and you think your AUDU who is having EFCC case will win? i laugh you in spanish. grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:07am On Oct 15, 2015
OnankpaBa:

See you. and you think your AUDU who is having EFCC case will win? i laugh you in spanish. grin grin

between Wada and Audu, i prefer AUDU.
Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by OnankpaBa(m): 8:09am On Oct 15, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

between Wada and Audu, i prefer AUDU.

None of them will win..bet me.
Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by Alezy(m): 8:14am On Oct 15, 2015
Wait o...can't election just be free and fair for once in nigeria? ? Arghhhh
Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:16am On Oct 15, 2015
OnankpaBa:

None of them will win..bet me.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by SmithEnemona(m): 8:18am On Oct 15, 2015
PDP now crying fowl. They've lost memory so soon how they used to rigged election.

I dey laugh. grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by OnankpaBa(m): 8:21am On Oct 15, 2015
SmithEnemona:
PDP now crying fowl. They've lost memory so soon how they used to rigged election.

I dey laugh. grin grin

As for PDP, i reserve my comments, but all i know and am still voicing out is..AUDU cannot rule Kogi state and Wada is not an exception.
Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by captainflash(m): 8:27am On Oct 15, 2015
Seriously We need change in this country!
so APC must WIN jare.......but the way some guys the carry apc and pdp matter for head the tire me sometimes.... grin
Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by Firefire(m): 8:33am On Oct 15, 2015
APC - SMH

Buhari sef

2 Likes

Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by Flashh: 8:33am On Oct 15, 2015
It's time for PDP to grow up, they're creating more violence. I am not surprised, when a party is full of senseless people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by omusiliyu(m): 8:33am On Oct 15, 2015
Olisah Methuselah....

The Lying Mohammed of our time.

HOW TIME FLIES
Re: APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP by shegelu: 8:34am On Oct 15, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% / Yahaya Bello, Ramatu Tijjani, Dele Momodu Honoured As AWLO 2021 Members Inducted / Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.