Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,845 members, 7,802,698 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits (44507 Views)

Cash Crunch Hits APC As Buhari Advises Party To Look Inward For Funding / Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As Tinubu Posters Disappear From APC’s Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by aristosoft(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2015
Joy83:
Making him information minister is like upgrading his status from spokesman of the ruling party.

So, it is still the same and not total exit from previous position in the party. This will even give him more morale to eject more propaganda.

Good luck to him...

When you said Goodluck, I hope you ain't referring to ex-president grin

One lesson learnt with Lai Mohammed. Whatever though findeth to do, Do with Very Well with all vigour and passion, at the appointed time, though shall reap it.
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by amusadele: 11:08am On Oct 15, 2015
We are now fully aware that apc is a scam. We now praise some of the greatest liers. If one tell lies and win elections, the lies will never bring about good governance, that is were the implication of deceiving the people with lies will result. In other words, he is compensated with ministerial appointment becuase he had deceived many people. In the same vain, alll tugs and others who assist instuffing ballot paper and boxes, all those who fight, kill, wound people will offerred miniserial appointments and others..
Nigerians will regert and cry at the end. Let us keep deceiving our selves since we are clapping, dance in praise of party lie tellers.
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by Oceemo(m): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2015
grin
Joy83:
Making him information minister is like upgrading his status from spokesman of the ruling party.

So, it is still the same and not total exit from previous position in the party. This will even give him more morale to eject more propaganda.

Good luck to him...
u 2 sabi jor. That's d right office for him 2 hammer more propaganda as Akpabio said. grin grin grin grin
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by IVORY2009(m): 11:18am On Oct 15, 2015
according to senator Akpanbio, and I quote; I know the nominee, but before he lives, I know he may have one or two propaganda to tell....

1 Like

Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by kinibigdeal(m): 11:20am On Oct 15, 2015
sanky346:
OUTGOING National Public­ity Secretary of the All Progres­sives Congress (APC) Alhaji Lai Mohammed got an unusual gift from the Senate last Tuesday. Cer­tainly he would be surprised that his screening by the Senate was devoid of heat.

This was outside the expecta­tion of many . Prior to his being ushered into the chamber , it was thought that the lawmakers especially those of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) stock would pummel him with questions . But that was not to be . Instead he was asked to bow and go . However, the reason for Moham­med’s smooth sail is fathomable. It was made so by APC senators. A member of the party put it this way “ the Senate President ,Bu­kola Saraki and other APC sena­tors accorded Lai Mohammed the honour he deserves. I was pleased that our senators ensured that he had it easy at the screening”.

Virtually every member of the APC National Working Committee(APC) accompanied Mohammed to the chamber. In fact the National Chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun ensured that his presence was felt by the Senators as he joked and laughed with those around him during the exercise.

That APC leadership is happy that the party’s spokesman is among the ministerial nominees and that he scaled the senate’s is not doubt, what is confusing is whether the party is at home with the implication of Mohammed’s impending exit as the spokesman of the party.

Though the opposition may not publicly utter it , there are signs that it is happy that Lai is leaving his current position as the spokesman of APC. Hate or like him , Mohammed has discharged his assignment in a manner that nobody could ignore him. And that is why he is unarguably one of the most popular politicians in the country today. For some, his popularity is anchored on his capacity to flawlessly dish out propaganda and half-truths in the defence of his party’s policies and decisions. There are those who as­sociate his name with controversy . Lai is aware that such names are pinned on him. But they do not distract him.

Mohammed did not become APC spokesman by accident. His works at the defunct Action Con­gress of Nigeria (ACN) handed him the office. Then an opposition party, Mohammed forced many Nigerians to follow the activi­ties of ACN. Then leadership of PDP could not find an answer to him. This is how the former PDP national publicity secretary, Prof Ahmed Alkali described him “ Lai Mohammed is good in propagan­da. He uses lies to confuse Nigeria . He issues hundreds of statements in a day . That is a sign that he is idle . I cannot do that because I am busy “.

Alkali, for sure, was trying to invent reasons for being unable to match Mohammed in the manage­ment of the publicity needs of his party. Till date many still believe that one of the problems of PDP is that its inability to recruit the right person to man its publicity office.

“We need to have a publicity secretary that is proactive , some­body who can match Lai Moham­med in his antics “, Dr Joshua Ikem, a PDP chieftain said .

The current national publicity secretary of PDP Olisa Metu, has, arguably, adopted Mohammed’s style in many ways. He has been proactive , criticizing and putting the government of President Bu­hari on its toes .

At the beginning of the ad­ministration , Metu was not as flawless as he seems to be right now in putting the APC govern­ment on its toes . Based on that , Mohammed derisively asked him to come for training. “”Metuh will need the training to effectively carry out his new, tough task. It is now obvious that he needs to un­derstand that for him to succeed in his new role, he must be credible, empirical, more sophisticated in language use and very passionate, in addition to being able to oper­ate on a lean or zero budget,” he admonished in a statement.

Metuh replied “Metuh said: “We appreciate the elementary knowledge of the APC spokesman in his new role, especially against the backdrop of his struggling to impress two masters at a time, Bourdellion and the President, who distributes the largesse at the moment, but Nigerians expect that in his search for job, he should be decorous, mature and on the side of truth and accountability.”

The PDP was reacting to Mo­hammed’s reaction to the issues raised by the party in a statement it issued on Sunday, accusing Buhari of scamming Nigerians with empty promises.

Mohammed had castigated the PDP for not appreciating the hard work of Buhari’s government, saying they were reacting to “beer-parlour gossip” and constituting a nuisance.

According to Metuh, the APC failed to address any of the issues it raised in its earlier statement.

Pointing out the issues, the PDP said the APC failed to address the issue of the recent organised public harassment and humiliation against the immediate-past First Lady and wife of the former president, Dame Patience Jonathan, at the Port Harcourt airport and the issue of resort to sole administratorship by the President in managing of the affairs of the nation.

“Furthermore, the nation is still waiting for the APC and the Presi­dency to address the issue of the divisive and tendentious statement by President Buhari who declared to the world that he would run a discriminatory government based on voting pattern in the last general elections, in clear violation of his oath of office and the provisions of the Constitution.”

Though it is contestable , Mo­hammed’s advice to Metuh was based on experience. He caused the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan a huge discom­fort with his frequent accusations . Severally, the administration busied itself debunking the al­legations and trying to burnish its image.

Administrations before Jonathan suffered the same fate. Mohammed pelted it with touching allegations. Bamanga Tukur, for PDP chairman , at a point , angered by Moham­med’s torrents of accusations described him as a bad omen in the country’s democracy .

Now, the question is , can APC cope in the absence of Mohammed in its media and public communi­cations? Who can fit into the big shoes that Mohammed would leave behind?

These are questions ruling the lips of many people includ­ing non APC members. APC needs somebody in the mould of Mohammed at this time. It is cur­rently faced with some challenges . There are crevices and cracks in its fold occasioned by the outcome of the June 9 National Assembly leadership elections . Some leaders are yet to put the incident behind them.

Apart from that ,the ongoing prosecution of the senate president by the Code of Conduct Tribunal has also polarized the party . This has led to some analysts predicting that the party may implode sooner than later. Mohammed has been managing crisis adroitly in the public space . Yes, he has a deputy , but how far can he go in manag­ing the crisis in the public more so as he is considered by some as a controversial figure ? Next few months will tell .

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/huge-challenge-for-apc-as-lai-mohammed-exits/

First of all, Metuh is more mature than Lai mohammed when it comes to critics. Most of Lai mohammed critics are lies and not issue based. The way APC heat up the politics when PDP was in power, isn't it a surprise to see the maturity of PDP in opposition now. If it was to be APC in opposition during the screening, somebody in Lagos would have bribe some people and they will start throwing punches. You can see how PDP joke about everything without much argument. Olisa Metuh have never criticize our military since when in opposition because he understand the consequences, that can weaken the morale of the military but instead he praise buhari on is approach. Will Lai Mohammed have done that? No..as for the void, I think Adam Oshiomole will be a good replacement

1 Like

Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by front247: 11:23am On Oct 15, 2015
Now that pdp is the opposition party, they need a vibrant spokesperson like fani-kayode
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by prettyboi1(m): 11:25am On Oct 15, 2015
Why do we like writing long epistles in this country tho? This long thing could as well have been written in just a few paragraphs, but beating around the bush and saying some things over and over just seems to have a place in the hearts of these journalists.
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by eedriyz(m): 11:35am On Oct 15, 2015
Just put PAT UTOMI there... Let him blow PDPpigs with grammars
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by Ephemmm: 11:39am On Oct 15, 2015
ishiamu:
Propaganda machinery has gone federal,

Lai Mohammed, the slayer of PDP from the time immemorial.
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by Ephemmm: 11:45am On Oct 15, 2015
ki02020:
LAI will be missed as APC spoke person.....but nobody has a monopoly of qualities the vacum he left will deffinately be fill by another person of quality

Nobody is irreplaceable, but it will be hard. Lai didn't just open mouth anyhow to counter arguments: he will support it with empirical and convincing facts and figures.

I think PDP should be happy that he will no more be occupying this position. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by sunkoye: 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2015
If Fani kayode had been patient enof...he would av been the best choice.
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by MyMouth(m): 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2015
amtaken:
Who cares?
See ur fyn nose! tongue
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by BALLOSKI: 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2015
ziky2010:
Dele Alake is d best man to take up his job
gbam!
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by BALLOSKI: 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
amtaken:
Who cares?
the one that has taken u does care.
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by BALLOSKI: 12:36pm On Oct 15, 2015
sunkoye:
If Fani kayode had been patient enof...he would av been the best choice.
he would make a bad spoxxx cos he's too garullous and reactive.
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by thuao(m): 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2015
All hail lie/liar Muhammed, sorry lai Muhammed, the chief propagandist.
Hate him or like him, he is good at his work.
I just pray, he wud use his ability positively for Nigeria as a minister n not be spreading lies n propaganda.
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by maupe: 12:57pm On Oct 15, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:
I think I have to be biased here. I will suggest Tinubu should be given the task of getting another publicity secretary for the party. The guy knows how to get them in abundance. Won't be surprised if he lures Maupe of Channels to APC, I was surprised when I noticed that Lai left FAAN to become a spokesman for opposition party.
I'd rather die than join the APC.
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by erinalex: 1:59pm On Oct 15, 2015
maupe:

and die you shall die ! It is strange when pple accuse Lai Mohammed of propaganda;is that not an indictment on Nigerians that voted for APC,invariably you are saying that they are gullible,or how can one man(lai) cajole millions to vote for his party. The bitter truth u don't like listening to is that GEJ failed d nation,had it been He performed well,no matter what Lai might have said,nigerians would still have voted for gej.
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by Ssms(m): 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2015
dat timi frank of a guy is a total rubbish.....i watched him several times castigating his own party members..........when hes suppose 2 be doing dat 2 d opposition...anyway,APC will find a solution buh id nt fink timi franck is an ideal replacement of my best man in politics...i always wanna listen to lai mohammad talk,he's very vocal,sharp,n very good at wat he does..kudos to u my man
sanky346:
APC Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Commrade Timi Frank is a controversial figure that has not hidden his dislike for the ACN stock in the party led by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. On more than one occasions, he has granted interviews castigating some of the leaders of his own party and that is not a good quality of a party spokeperson. He is meant to make war with outsiders and not with members of his own family. I think it will be a big challenge for the APC to find a spokesman in the mould of the quintessential Lai Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by sparkwil(m): 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2015
His lies will hunt and eventually destroy him.

Bloody propagandist deceiving the gullible since 1633
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 15, 2015
Joe Igbokwe can do the job.

1 Like

Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by Akinrogun(m): 2:48pm On Oct 15, 2015
....d dude was actually PDP nemesis....he won't b forgotten in a hurry by d goons at Wadata plaza.
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by Akinrogun(m): 2:49pm On Oct 15, 2015
maupe:

wtf!...kilagbe kiloju....I no join APC is OK....which one come bring death.....na wa for u o!

NB....u are in impostor basically....d Maupe Ogun I know will never descend into uncouth and gutter language like urs.
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by maupe: 3:09pm On Oct 15, 2015
Akinrogun:

wtf!...kilagbe kiloju....I no join APC is OK....which one come bring death.....na wa for u o!

NB....u are in impostor basically....d Maupe Ogun I know will never descend into uncouth and gutter language like urs.
Let me repeat the phrase, I'd rather DIE, than join the lying, thieving APC.
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by maupe: 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2015
erinalex:
and die you shall die ! It is strange when pple accuse Lai Mohammed of propaganda;is that not an indictment on Nigerians that voted for APC,invariably you are saying that they are gullible,or how can one man(lai) cajole millions to vote for his party. The bitter truth u don't like listening to is that GEJ failed d nation,had it been He performed well,no matter what Lai might have said,nigerians would still have voted for gej.
Your mother raised your siblings better than you
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by gbengalite(m): 3:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
kennyman2000:
All this one na propaganda for the public to see how lai mohammed was very important to the party and why he also deserves the ministerial role.. Shey they wan talk say, them no get ideal person to replace him before they alloted the ministerial role to him ni.. Smh..

Ironically coming from the Sun newspaper, owned by a PDP chieftain
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by DucalDuxvine(m): 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2015
odinese:
.who's lie Mohammed?
The slayer of pdp
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by Akinrogun(m): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2015
maupe:

Let me repeat the phrase, I'd rather DIE, than join the lying, thieving APC.
politics and politicians (edwin clark, obasanjo, okonjo iweala) are in perpetual flux.....behavioral sciences affirms that......u can't never say never.....in politics there's no permanent enemy...tonyebarcanista is a case study!
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by tuniski: 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
PassingShot:

Dele Alake is no doubt good but Lai is in a different league of his own.
lai is propaganda per excellence in opposition hope he will quickly learn the difference while now on the hot seat. From the comfort of opposition, he was efficient and effective. He will have whatever is remaining of is image wane as minister of information. Telling nigerians things are bad is too easy however, telling nigerians things are better and govt is performing is a different kettle of palm wine! I don't envy him, he will have the toughest job!
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by SpencerLewis(m): 5:09pm On Oct 15, 2015
amtaken:
Who cares?
I do!
Re: Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits by omonnakoda: 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2015
Leading 4-0 @ 89 minutes,makes sense to sub your top striker who has scored a hat trick

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The First Thing President Buhari Does Every Morning / Sale Mamman: Nigerians Now Enjoy 18 To 24 Hours Of Electricity Daily / Peter Obi Campaign Rally In Nasarawa State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.