Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

How Do I Handle A Rude Colleague - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Handle A Rude Colleague (853 Views)

4 Incredible Ways To Handle A Bad Boss At Work Without Getting Burned / What Is The Best Way To Handle A Randy Boss Without Losing Your Job? / How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle A Rude Colleague by NinaNigeria(f): 7:45am On Oct 15, 2015
I have been working with this lady for 2 years now. We have never been close but lately i have just noticed that she hates me. Whenever i am in the same environment as her, i feel this tension in the space. If she talks to other people, she is all smiles and happy, but when she talks to me, she frowns. She can get to a place and not greet everyone, just becoz of my presence there. I am not exaggerating at all. I do know and feel that she does not like me. So now i dnt know how to handle her. Must i ask her what her problem is, must i ignore her, must i be rude back? Or what must i do? M confused
Re: How Do I Handle A Rude Colleague by sucreblazing(m): 7:49am On Oct 15, 2015
E fit be say everybody like you pass her or you are more beautiful than her because that alone can make some girls hang themselves

Maybe u should ask her because this kin people dey dey desperate pass some politicians

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Rude Colleague by Hawx(m): 7:53am On Oct 15, 2015
Two wrongs don't make a right! Relate with her in wisdom. However, I am suspicious of her having a feeling for you.
Re: How Do I Handle A Rude Colleague by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:59am On Oct 15, 2015
If she can't greet, you greet.

You fine pass her and she is not happy about it or you may be valued than her.

Always be jovial with her

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Rude Colleague by Tallesty1(m): 8:07am On Oct 15, 2015
I think she's scared of you...........

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Rude Colleague by Babe2sure(f): 8:15am On Oct 15, 2015
If you are more beautiful or successful than her, she may be jealous of you, and hate you for it.

Is she an introvert? If she is, she may not necessarily hate you, but like you from afar and she may be intimidated by your presence because she is shy to express herself to you, to make friends with you.

Is she a sadist? She may just hate your gut for no reason too. It happens like that, some people will just dislike someone for no reason. Sadists does that most of the time. If she is in a superior position or could make you lose your job, then you apply wisdom in relating with her and not show coldness towards her.

Somebody may have said something bad about you and she just judged you from afar.

All in all, your safest bet is to ask her why she is cold towards you. Just to satisfy your curiosity. If she says nothing, then you do your thing, let her do hers. You don't need her to make you happy. You destinies are not intertwined.
As a matter of fact, if she says nothing and she still hates you. If you do as if you don't care, she may change or soft-pedal later on.
You could still become friends. Never rule that out. Never say never!
Re: How Do I Handle A Rude Colleague by Youngpo413: 1:24am On Nov 01, 2015
Women are their worst enemies.

(1) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji's 'Banana Island' Inspirational Letter / P / Bella Naija Richer Than Linda Ikeji Blog -opinion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.