Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

The True Definition Of Athiesm - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Definition Of Athiesm (14772 Views)

True Definition Of Sin. / Today I Renounce Athiesm / See why athiesm is a device of the devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
oh yes it is.
dude, we're talking about GOD. here. do you know the gravity of that? he created the entire uinverse!(supposedly.)
he is supposedly omniscient and omnipotent. we shouldn't even be having this discussion if he was actually real.
The fact is God's existence is actually overwhelming to d extent that one cannot perceive Him with his 11senses..it is a simple scientific fact dat if a particular sound exist every where in d universe it won't be heard by every body..such is d logic with God
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

"in" and "from" are two different prepositions . Actually there are really deep theological depictions of that clause - coming in the clouds - but it would be a complete waste of time sharing it with you .

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 :

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, and remain until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep.

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first.

17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord.

This a perfect example of the metaphorical narration of Christ's second coming . What's the nature of His coming ?

Anyways on the day it happens , we will all see if it was figurative or not .

Metaphorical according to you? Is that what the author of the verse thought? It's very clear that the author believed it will happen during his life time.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Google the meaning of algorithm.

google the meaning of physical laws. who the hell do you think you're discussing with
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
oh yes it is.
dude, we're talking about GOD. here. do you know the gravity of that? he created the entire uinverse!(supposedly.)
he is supposedly omniscient and omnipotent. we shouldn't even be having this discussion if he was actually real.

Hulop ni'ga hulop

Ever thought of energy as inherent in God's nature ?

"Energy cannot be created or destroyed " - God has always been existing

"Everything is made up of Energy" - Omnipresence - a nature of God : Being everywhere at once

But wait Energy ≠ God but Energy ∈ God

My opinion in respect to our material universe

Look at that pic . The passage of that property/constituent to life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
google the meaning of physical laws. who the hell do you think you're discussing with

A science geek.

Don't even venture into physical laws. Because eventually physical laws have been used to proof the existence of a God by scientists. Physical laws=laws of nature.

Check my previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2661330/scientist-declares-science-found-biblical

So could the laws of nature that created the physical be a spiritual force?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

Metaphorical according to you? Is that what the author of the verse thought? It's very clear that the author believed it will happen during his life time.

Everyone believes Christ will come in his lifetime .
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
Kreysik:

The fact is God's existence is actually overwhelming to d extent that one cannot perceive Him with his 11senses..it is a simple scientific fact dat if a particular sound exist every where in d universe it won't be heard by every body..such is d logic with God
if God is indeed omnipotent, then he can make himself visible to us. thank you very much
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hulop ni'ga hulop

Ever thought of energy as inherent in God's nature .

"Energy cannot be created or destroyed " - God has always been existing

"Everything is made up of Energy" - Omnipresence - a nature of God : Being everywhere at once

But wait Energy ≠ God but Energy ∈ God

My opinion in respect to our material universe

Look at that pic . The passage of that property/constituent to life

To add to your posts.

Dark energy which has baffled scientists and still remains unknown, was responsible for the rapid acceleration of the expansion of the universe.

So Could Dark energy be = God's power.

Heb 1:3-"He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
if God is indeed omnipotent, then he can make himself visible to us. thank you very much

But He also has a will and a nature and can decide not to.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 8:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Everyone believes Christ will come in his lifetime .

Which makes it more fictitious, even Jesus according to the bible told and assured his disciples that he will return during their life time. That was 2000 years ago.

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
Lol..are you ending d dialogue or shall we ride on
I presume you are in higher institution...pls was it the department which adapts itself to ur taste or was it you who strive to fit in?,,certainly the later..likewise you dnt expect God to bring Himself to you.you need Him and not otherwise,its your duty to search for Him....no discovery has brought itself to d its discoverer,weda discovered by chance or by oda means d discoverer was always d one who made efforts to make His discoveries
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Richirich713: 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

Which makes it more fictitious, even Jesus according to the bible told and assured his disciples that he will return during their life time. That was 2000 years ago.

Jesus also said amazing 2000 years old that people like u will not understand his words.

2 Likes

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:

Mr. Science guy ...

I just discovered Amaka loves me , does it mean she started loving me that moment I found out that she was in love with me .

Laws of nature have always been present but had to be discovered and explained .

The nature of gravity has always been there but the laws of gravity were drawn from empirical observations of it
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
Richirich713:

Jesus also said amazing 2000 years old that people like u will not understand his words.

It doesn't change the fact that he clearly told his disciples that he will come during their life time. He even advised them on what to do as they wait for his return.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Mr. Science guy ...

I just discovered Amaka loves me , does it mean she started loving me that moment I found out that she was in love with me .

Laws of nature have always been present but had to be discovered and explained .

The nature of gravity has always been there but the laws of gravity were drawn from empirical observations of it

He just locked himself in a box. I have sent him on an errand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

It doesn't change the fact that he clearly told his disciples that he will come during their life time. He even advised them on what to do as they wait for his return.

Provide the scripture so I could help you.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

He didn't assure them because He clearly said he didn't know

Mark 13:32
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

This discussion could go deeper because of its ambiguity but damn you are good at cherry picking tho

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

To add to your posts.

Dark energy which has baffled scientists and still remains unknown, was responsible for the rapid acceleration of the expansion of the universe.

So Could Dark energy be = God's power.

Heb 1:3-"He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power."

nice smiley
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

He didn't assure them because He clearly said he didn't know

Mark 13:32
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

This discussion could go deeper because of its ambiguity but damn you are good at cherry picking tho

No one knows that day and hour not the period, there is a great difference. Jesus told his disciples that he will come during their life time.

""You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved. "But whenever they persecute you in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes."-Matthew 10:22-23

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

A science geek.

Don't even venture into physical laws. Because eventually physical laws have been used to proof the existence of a God by scientists. Physical laws=laws of nature.

Check my previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2661330/scientist-declares-science-found-biblical
your thread is fundamentally flawed. first, it assumes that you can make the universe out of nothing provided you have the laws of nature. but the fact is, you really don't. you need absolutely nothing to create something from nothing because nothing itself is self prohibiting.
second, physical laws are physical. not nonphysical as he claims. electromagnetic force, the weak force, the strong force, they are all physical. not spiritual or anything. that is the reason why we could find them in the first place.
the beginning which the bible claims is the beginning of earth. not the beginning of the universe. in fact, the bible claimed that the earth already existed and had water before the sun came around. and that light from the sun was created AFTER plants. in fact, God is said to have created light twice in genesis chapter one. in verse three and verse fourteen.

the bible does nothing to explain how the lights worked. or the other planets orbiting said light. or the fact that the earth was actually orbiting the said light. the bible also declined to state how the sun is the remnant of an earlier star that exploded. of which the earth is too.

science did all that.
but no. give god all the credit for giving scientists the brains they used. undecided
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Richirich713: 8:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

It does if u misinterpret his words.

Just like the Jews Completely misunderstood him wen he said "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again"

Or just like a Jewish teacher Nicodemus misunderstood jesus use of the term "born again "
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

He just locked himself in a box. I have sent him on an errand.
what box? your reply is ready, i made sure to read your text and watch the video properly so i could nail your logical coffin well.
KingEbukasBlog:

Mr. Science guy ...
same with algorithms, dude. algorithms have always existed but had to be discovered before they could be applied. in fact, some of the algorithms we use in computer programming today have already been used by nature for millenia. i just didn't mention that earlier because your reply would be . . .

GOD DEFINITELY DID IT.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

No one knows that day and hour not the period, there is a great difference. Jesus told his disciples that he will come during their life time.

""You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved. "But whenever they persecute you in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes."-Matthew 10:22-23

damn. grin grin
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
your thread is fundamentally flawed. first, it assumes that you can make the universe out of nothing provided you have the laws of nature. but the fact is, you really don't. you need absolutely nothing to create something from nothing because nothing itself is self prohibiting.
second, physical laws are physical. not nonphysical as he claims. electromagnetic force, the weak force, the strong force, they are all physical. not spiritual or anything. that is the reason why we could find them in the first place.
the beginning which the bible claims is the beginning of earth. not the beginning of the universe. in fact, the bible claimed that the earth already existed and had water before the sun came around. and that light from the sun was created AFTER plants. in fact, God is said to have created light twice in genesis chapter one. in verse three and verse fourteen.

the bible does nothing to explain how the lights worked. or the other planets orbiting said light. or the fact that the earth was actually orbiting the said light. the bible also declined to state how the sun is the remnant of an earlier star that exploded. of which the earth is too.

science did all that.
but no. give god all the credit for giving scientists the brains they used. undecided

Wow! so you a teenager are smarter than the scientist who has had years of experience in his field?

But the bible does state the motions of stars which was only just recently discovered.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by malvisguy212: 8:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
A Creator God, if He exists, must,
by definition, exist beyond the limits of
the universe in order to have created it.
The laws of physics tell us that we cannot make measurements beyond the limits of this universe. Therefore, scientists can conclusively determine that we cannot ever detect God using any of our instruments.
However, God is not restricted to our limitations and could choose to reveal part of Himself to us. God could not reveal His entirety to us without causing
major problems in our universe.
The sudden appearance of
dimensions and matter(?) from outside
the universe would destroy anything in
the vicinity and maybe even destroy the
entire universe. This is why the Bible
says that nobody can see God and live.
However, God could reveal His nature by
communicating with humans and
sending an incarnated version of
Himself. This is exactly what Christianity
claims - that God gave messages to
humans (through the prophets)and sent
an incarnation of Himself (His Son), who
took on the form of a human in order to
interact with humans directly.

Although you cannot see God directly in
this life (but you will see Him in the next)
, you can experience Him through your
spirit.This is the claim and promise of
Christianity that accounts for its
popularity.When you accept Jesus Christ
as Lord and Savior,you enter into a
relationship with Him through the Holy
Spirit. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit,
which you will directly experience when
you come to faith, confirms both the
existence and the power of God to the
believer. It is through this relationship
that we can enter into the joy of the Lord
and experience the fullness of the
Christian life.

https://www.nairaland.com/2135981/because-god-not-revealed-himself

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 8:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
what box? your reply is ready, i made sure to read your text and watch the video properly so i could nail your logical coffin well.same with algorithms, dude. algorithms have always existed but had to be discovered before they could be applied. in fact, some of the algorithms we use in computer programming today have already been used by nature for millenia. i just didn't mention that earlier because your reply would be . . .

GOD DEFINITELY DID IT.

Why don't you read my reply and ask me for proofs.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
Richirich713:

Just like the Jews Completely misunderstood him wen he said "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again"

Or just like a Jewish teacher Nicodemus misunderstood jesus use of the term "born again "

I have already posted the chapter and verse, it is pretty much clear what he said.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
Richirich713:

On point.

He needs to as well understand the meaning of prophetic words.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Wow! so you a teenager are smarter than the scientist who has had years of experience in his field?

But the bible does state the motions of stars which was only just recently discovered.
who fucking cares about experience, dude. the youngest chess grandmaster in the world is thirteen, dude. he's played with people who has years of experience thrice is own. and won.

one flaw in his argument where i just tuned off was where he brought out a picture of a timeline from NASA. and then claimed that everywhere there was no diagram was nothing. are you kidding me? the satellite in the picture is in the area he claimed was nothing. as is the light emanating from the singularity. what a poor analogy.

and this same bible claimed that a third of those stars fell to the earth. undecided
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 8:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
who fucking cares about experience, dude. the youngest chess grandmaster in the world is thirteen, dude. he's played with people who has years of experience thrice is own. and won.

one flaw in his argument where i just tuned off was where he brought out a picture of a timeline from NASA. and then claimed that everywhere there was no diagram was nothing. are you kidding me? the satellite in the picture is in the area he claimed was nothing. as is the light emanating from the singularity. what a poor analogy.

and this same bible claimed that a third of those stars fell to the earth. undecided

1st Paragraph: Playing chess has nothing to do with using years of facts to establish laws. Talent is different from years of study and research. Except you want to say you are "supernaturally" gifted to understand the complex workings of the universe.

2nd Paragraph: The concept of nothing outside the universe is a theory accepted by majority. Except you want to go onto the issue of multi-verses.

3rd Paragraph: Stars in the book of Revelation represented angels the same way seas represented a multitude of people. So don't even bring that issue up.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 16, 2015
Vhis teempakguy don neglect me at last...make I pack my load comot jare
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

1st Paragraph: Playing chess has nothing to do with using years of facts to establish laws.

2nd Paragraph: The concept of nothing outside the universe is a theory accepted by majority. Except you want to go onto the issue of multi-verses.

3rd Paragraph: Stars in the book of Revelation represented angels the same way seas represented a multitude of people. So don't even bring that issue up.
chess has laws of it's own. and i brought it up to illustrate that experience doesn't work when knowledge is involved.

you're not getting anything i'm saying. i'm saying his analogy is flawed and it is not an accurate representation of how the world works.

oh great. metaphors again. undecided

this discussion is over. i just wasted two hours discussing . . . nothing with you folks. if i had spent that period reading, i know how much more knowledge i would have gained. I'm done with you guys. it's time for me to start doing what will actually matter to me and my life. you can keep serving your God. after all, my punishment is just an eternity of torment. not that long. undecided

cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nwobodo wasn't a Faithful Anglican, PDP to APC wont save him– Bishop Chukwuma / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin‎ Celebrates His 47th Birthday Today / Only A Fool Says There Is No God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.