Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat (799 Views)

I Don’t Know How Much We’ve Recovered From Looters – Magu / We’ve Recovered Sensitive Boko Haram Documents—lai MOHAMMED / We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by fromnigeria(m): 2:13am On Oct 16, 2015
THE Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said it has recovered from the initial shock occasioned by the loss of power at the centre in the last general election.

At its National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting yesterday at the party’s Abuja national secretariat, the PDP said it found the loss disappointing.

The meeting said the party had started the process of rebuilding.

PDP’s Acting National Chairman Prince Uche Secondus, who presided over the NEC meeting, added that the loss afforded the party to do some soul- searching.

Secondus said: “Our party has witnessed challenging times after our disappointing loss in the last elections. We moved from pain, despair, soul-searching and now, by the grace of the Almighty God, we have started the process of re-building confidence in ourselves for a brighter future for the party.”

The first step pursuant to soul-searching, he said, was the resignation of Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu and Chief Tony Anenih as national chairman and chairman of the Board of Trustees.

Secondus called the attention of Nigerians to what the party described as selective implementation of the ongoing anti-corruption fight, saying members of the party were being singled out for prosecution.

“It would be morally repugnant to target PDP members while seemingly protecting All Progressives Congress (APC) members. All we are calling for is an equal and fair treatment of all Nigerians under the law. “

Government should prevent the slide of our dear country into a police state by controlling some of the brazen acts of the security agencies against state institutions as exemplified in the invasion of the Akwa Ibom Government House by some officers of the DSS.

“In the same vein, we call on the Federal Government to come out straight with Nigerians on the state of our economy, which is gradually sliding into recession. “

It appears that the lack of an economic direction and remedial actions from the government is having a debilitating effect on the economy. Jobs are being lost and small businesses are closing shops as a result of the lack of constructive economic engagement from the APC government,” the party’s acting chair added. Ondo State Governor Olusegun Mimiko said the PDP liberalised the democratic space in the 16 years it held power at the centre.

According to him, the PDP lost power as a result of complacency on the part of its leadership organs and praised former President Goodluck Jonathan for conceding victory to President Muhammadu Buhari in the last presidential election.

The governor urged the ruling APC to avoid selective application of justice, a development, which he said, would not advance the cause of democracy and justice.

Mimiko called on the APC-led Federal Government to be ready for robust criticism of the administration’s policies from the PDP, adding that the party’s governors would set the template for good governance in the country.

Other governors at the meeting included those of Taraba, Abia, Kogi, Delta, Rivers and Enugu states.

Others were Deputy President of the Senate Ike Ekweremadu; former Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido; former Benue State Governor Gabriel Suswam among other party chieftains.
thenationonlineng.net/pdp-weve-recovered-from-shock-of-defeat/

1 Share

Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by youngwarrior(m): 2:14am On Oct 16, 2015
well composed. nice info op
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by youngwarrior(m): 2:15am On Oct 16, 2015
wow, this is amazing
ok op, carry on
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by youngwarrior(m): 2:16am On Oct 16, 2015
such post usually makes me speechless. no matter how fast i think my brain boot, such post gets it nagging.
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by nairalandmaster(f): 2:17am On Oct 16, 2015
nice one op. keep it up
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by nairalandmaster(f): 2:18am On Oct 16, 2015
nice one op. keep it up.
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by donholy28(m): 2:34am On Oct 16, 2015
so they're now going to stop wailing
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by AfroBlue(m): 3:02am On Oct 16, 2015
that's not the recovery the people wanna hear about

Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by egift(m): 3:56am On Oct 16, 2015
The Clowns did not see the bold writing on the wall, even when it was very obvious. As Lai Mohammad said "4 yrs will never be enough for PDP to learn being in opposition". grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by nawtibownie: 4:23am On Oct 16, 2015
cheesycheesy
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by Naijji: 4:26am On Oct 16, 2015
Sure?
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by Pavore9: 4:35am On Oct 16, 2015
'According to him, the PDP lost power as a result of complacency on the part of its leadership organs'....Never take the people for granted.
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by modath(f): 4:48am On Oct 16, 2015
egift:
The Clowns did not see the bold writing on the wall, even when it was very obvious. As Lai Mohammad said "4 yrs will never be enough for PDP to learn being in opposition". grin grin grin grin grin

#word....& they goin be there for a looonnnnngg time. smiley

1 Like

Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by Nobody: 5:06am On Oct 16, 2015
Which recovery? Or they realized they are now in their graves..... PDP is a dead party!
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by Aufbauh(m): 5:08am On Oct 16, 2015
PDP has recovered from the shock of defeat?

In other words they have moved from pain, despair, soul-searching and now WAILING

1 Like

Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by omenka(m): 5:22am On Oct 16, 2015
egift:
They are still very much in shock, so shocked they can't even remember the name of their party. Let me mention you in the thread. grin

1 Like

Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by Firefire(m): 7:25am On Oct 16, 2015
“In the same vein, we call on the Federal Government to come out straight with Nigerians on the state of our economy, which is gradually sliding into recession. “
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:31am On Oct 16, 2015
We shall reverse the March 28 fortune in 2019! Power must return to the People(PDP)
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by phayvoursky(m): 7:34am On Oct 16, 2015
PDP!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by LastSurvivor: 7:35am On Oct 16, 2015
The downfall of a man is not the end f his life.. dust yourselves n move on
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by fromnigeria(m): 7:59am On Oct 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
We shall reverse the March 28 fortune in 2019! Power must return to the People(PDP)
If everyone recovers, PDP chieftains like Vincent Ogbulafor, who believed PDP would remain ruling party till next 60years, will remain in shock till next 59years. grin
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by fromnigeria(m): 8:01am On Oct 16, 2015
phayvoursky:
PDP!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

Or Peoples Demoralising Party
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by temitemi1(m): 8:03am On Oct 16, 2015
Yes, we've recorvered!

PDP Is On The Rise Again cool
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by sandraokosun: 8:09am On Oct 16, 2015
console urselves the clown supporters. The people that all voted u out want u to remain there. If opposition shld win, must it be pdp again. Why not another party? Pdp has no agenda,money,candidate
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by drey076(m): 8:11am On Oct 16, 2015
grin Foolish people
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by drey076(m): 8:11am On Oct 16, 2015
grin Foolish people
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by funlord(m): 8:14am On Oct 16, 2015
grin
I wonder who cares? Rubbish!
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2015
fromnigeria:

If everyone recovers, PDP chieftains like Vincent Ogbulafor, who believed PDP would remain ruling party till next 60years, will remain in shock till next 59years. grin
That was said by Ahmadu Ali and not Ogbulafor
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by thunderrider: 8:26am On Oct 16, 2015
Wake up time
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by yhemsy62(m): 8:35am On Oct 16, 2015
Forgive me
for the hours I wasted,
for the chances I failed to take,
for the opportunities I missed this past year.
Help me in the days ahead to make this the best year yet,
and through it to bring good credit to myself,
happiness and pride to my loved ones,
and joy to you. Amen.
Nlers today is my day, pls show some love. Happy birthday to me. Cheers
Re: PDP: We’ve Recovered From Shock Of Defeat by fromnigeria(m): 9:01am On Oct 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
That was said by Ahmadu Ali and not Ogbulafor
I am sure. (No argument sir)

(1) (Reply)

Former Minister Of Education Olaiya Oni Is Dead / Caption This Photo Of Amaechi And Buhari / From The Political Persepective: What Would You Do If You Were Saraki?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.