Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? (11588 Views)

Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / White Girl Sees Nigerian Fried Plantain For The First Time And Reacts / How Do You Like Your Bread And Tea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 28, 2009
very softly, riped fried plantain. . . .giving it a sweet taste

Medium riped plantain.

Unripe plantain. . . .

[img]http://karmafreecooking.files./2008/07/platanos.jpg[/img]
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Hauwa1: 10:05pm On Apr 28, 2009
with ewa or with rice, the last one.
with eggs, the mid one
as pekere, the top one.

now i'm hungry cool i need to hire a cook
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by lalaboi(m): 10:07pm On Apr 28, 2009
There should be another one there, . .I would have prefered the seconf one but it doesnt look ripe enough . . . .the 3rd one looks to ripe therefore looking marchy!! iyama! lol
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 28, 2009
lalaboi:

There should be another one there, . .I would have prefered the seconf one but it doesnt look ripe enough . . . .the 3rd one looks to ripe therefore looking marchy!! iyama! lol
What other one is there?

I love it "marchy", soft and soooo sweet grin grin

rotfl @hauwa.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:55pm On Apr 28, 2009
I hate when dodo is overlyripe. So gross.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 28, 2009
As if. . . . tele tele nko? What do you not hate? tongue tongue

I love it like this. Esp when it's squarely cut

[img]http://2.bp..com/_YhJS3JA0WOE/SbrcdeK8N8I/AAAAAAAAE08/63StEvKeQrk/s400/2573628716_86a81281c0.jpg[/img]
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by lalaboi(m): 11:00pm On Apr 28, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

What other one is there?

I love it "marchy", soft and soooo sweet grin grin

rotfl @hauwa.

There should be another one. . . .just a li bit riper than the 2nd one. . . .Thats the best one. . . .and you should be asking how ppl cut their plaintain too. . . .lol
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by lalaboi(m): 11:00pm On Apr 28, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

[img]http://2.bp..com/_YhJS3JA0WOE/SbrcdeK8N8I/AAAAAAAAE08/63StEvKeQrk/s400/2573628716_86a81281c0.jpg[/img]

was typing wen u posted this, . . . .i dont like it bn cut lik this jor
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 28, 2009
@TOH
ROTFLMAO @your profile GIF. wtf? lol cheesy cheesy

lalaboi:

There should be another one. . . .just a li bit riper than the 2nd one. . . .Thats the best one. . . .and you should be asking how ppl cut their plaintain too. . . .lol
grin grin grin grin

I should? Ok, how do you like yours?

lalaboi:

was typing wen u posted this, . . . .i dont like it bn cut lik this jor
why not? I like the long oval one too, but this one is more delicate and "elegant".

I dnt like my plate looking sloppy when I eat grin grin
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by lalaboi(m): 11:12pm On Apr 28, 2009
Well. . .it depends on the occassion and what food am eating. . . .

If am eating fancy rice, i like it the way above. . . . . .

If am eating it with egg or beans, i like it bn cut slantly and long. . . u get me?? lol

some times i make it look like chips lol. . . . . ,
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 28, 2009
lalaboi:

Well. . .it depends on the occassion and what food am eating. . . .

If am eating fancy rice, i like it the way above. . . . . .

If am eating it with egg or beans, i like it bn cut slantly and long. . . u get me?? lol

some times i make it look like chips lol. . . . . ,
Oh, I got you, alright cheesy cheesy

Which one is fancy rice again?

How do you make the plantain chips? Mines gets soft after a while undecided
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by lalaboi(m): 11:39pm On Apr 28, 2009
fancy rice. . . .u knw, 2 diff types of soups, extras like dodo, egg etc etc etc lol. . . . .

i make it look like chips dont mean i make chips lol. . . .i think u use the unripe one fr chips. . .dunno. . . .

I cut it slender (for my Niece). . . .that what i mean. . . .try it. . . .its gud if you making it for kids
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by darkgoddes(f): 11:43pm On Apr 28, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

When it is like this, it soak up the oil and it is a turn off for me

Unripe plantain anyday, and it has to be boiled or roasted too.

Hmmm. Yummy!
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 28, 2009
lalaboi:

I cut it slender (for my Niece). . . .that what i mean. . . .try it. . . .its gud if you making it for kids
I do try it. My lil cousin loves it, but after like 20 mins of cooking it, the plantain gets mushy.

oh well undecided

lol fancy rice indeed grin grin
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 28, 2009
darkgoddes:

When it is like this, it soak up the oil and it is a turn off for me
I like it like that. . . .am "onijekuje" sometimes grin
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by lalaboi(m): 11:47pm On Apr 28, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

too much oil cause pimples ya know. . . .

Dont u get irritated? lol
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 28, 2009
lalaboi:

too much oil cause pimples ya know. . . .

Dont u get irritated? lol
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I thought. . . . I thought I've already passed that stage that I'm safe.

But the thing is, I don't eat much oily food. I just cooked plantain today, first time in months. tongue tongue

Get irritated how?
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by lalaboi(m): 11:59pm On Apr 28, 2009
K good for you. . . .If you eat plaintain today. . .then the next day u eating fish and fries or Chicken an fries. . . .omo, ur face will turn shaka shaka lol,  . . .

I diriint know there was a stage for having pimples lol . . . .
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by darkgoddes(f): 12:02am On Apr 29, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

LOL

Doesnt it make your stomach rumble or give you the feeling of wanting to go to the toilet often?

That is what happens to me if i eat too ripe plaintain that is fried
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 29, 2009
lalaboi:

K good for you. . . .If you eat plaintain today. . .then the next day u eating fish and fries or Chicken an fries. . . .omo, ur face will turn shaka shaka lol, . . .

I diriint know there was a stage for having pimples lol . . . .
They told me if you get pass the teen stage, then no pimples grin grin

Anywaz, I dnt eat much fried anything so, no bigge

darkgoddes:

LOL

Doesnt it make your stomach rumble or give you the feeling of wanting to go to the toilet often?

That is what happens to me if i eat too ripe plaintain that is fried
Nah, makes me feel like I need to go exercise.

But oti dun ju
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by mohawkchic(f): 12:37am On Apr 29, 2009
~To eat As A Side Dish I Like Medium Ripe . .

~Dont eat Unripe PLantains

~Just Ripe :I like only As Plantain Cake . .mixed w/ flour,then fried Or KeleWele

~Kele Wele Recipe

6 just-ripe plantains, peeled and cubed into bite-sized pieces
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
1/2 tsp Freshly-grated Ginger/1 Garlic clove chopped
1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
1 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Water
Palm oil (or vegetable oil) for frying

Method:

Peel Plantains,Cut into cube-sized pieces

Grind/Blend or pound the cayenne pepper, chilli flakes, ginger, salt and black pepper to a powder then add to the water. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and toss the plantain cubes in this mixture to coat them evenly.

Add some 2cm depth of oil in a wok and heat until almost smoking then add the plantains in batches and fry, turning once, until they are golden brown on all sides. Drain on kitchen towels and keep warm whilst the next batch is frying.

Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:41am On Apr 29, 2009
Best type

cool
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by mohawkchic(f): 12:44am On Apr 29, 2009
~That is Medium Ripe Plantain Right? I like mine fried a lil bit more brown than one in pic
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:50am On Apr 29, 2009
I agree. Just couldnt find anything abit darker. Other than the color, the one i like is like that. I hate when the inside is mushy. Yuck
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Hauwa1: 1:53am On Apr 29, 2009
i used to like dodo but not anymore. 2 slice is enough for my rice.
as for ya dodo and egg, ummm mom made that when i was still in naija.

yes best type for beans cheesy i like that TOH. better than the over riped one. if i have plantain, i'd prefer amala or plantain moin moin
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:59am On Apr 29, 2009
I love plantains, but the one I buy at Walmart never seems to ripe even after 2 weeks, what is wrong with the plantain from walmart.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 2:33am On Apr 29, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I love plantains, but the one I buy at Walmart never seems to ripe even after 2 weeks, what is wrong with the plantain from walmart.
Walmart for food? hmmm

Try Sedano or Alberto or those Jamaican/Haitian supermarkets undecided

@post

I love adding a lil salt to my dodo sha
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 29, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Rotflmao. We had one like that. But this one was from a Mexican store. grin

@ topic

Medium riped. Who eats fried unriped? The overly riped one is disgusting.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Hauwa1: 2:40am On Apr 29, 2009
ummm, when you tell them to marry, they will say no. na for walmart our brother dey go buy plaintain, eyaaa Nndo
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 29, 2009
*Hauwa*:

ummm, when you tell them to marry, they will say no. na for walmart our brother dey go buy plaintain, eyaaa Nndo
rotflmaooooooooo. . . .oh gosh.

stillwater:

The overly riped one is disgusting.
ah ahn, not those mooshy overly riped ones na. Ripe and firm is the best
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:49am On Apr 29, 2009
Lol you hit me below the belt wow shocked watin I do you nah
*Hauwa*:

Abi you wan marry me or you get little sister way fine and sabi cook like you way I fit marry cry cry cry cry
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by finemocha(f): 2:51am On Apr 29, 2009
the riper the better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

About Yam . . . / Preservative For Zobo Drink / How Do You Make Your Own Cookies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.