Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (322856 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nkkystel(f): 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
My interview has been fixed for 14th January 2016 by 7am and have been arranging all documents necessary for interview. While doing this, I discovered that the birth certificate I submitted to USCIS and NVC is missing.

I'll like to know if an affidavit for swearing a new birth certificate will be accepted at the interview.

Thank you in anticipation as I look forward to your reply.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 11:29pm On Dec 03, 2015
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by oluwa12ace: 7:07am On Dec 04, 2015
Dear Vo .. I really need your assistance here
went for my interview But was given 221g of not documentary Complete ..
So I was told to reschedule.
I just want to find out if I reschedule will I be given the same date I reschedule for ...
or Will the Embassy have to Change it
And how many days does it take them to reply to an Email.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tolam08(m): 8:12am On Dec 04, 2015
Dear VO,
Please I want to apply for an immigrant visa to the USA but I'm still yet to get a type where I fit into with good chance of qualification. I hold a bachelors degree in chemistry and UK professional certificate in health and safety.
Please I need your advice on the type of visa I can apply for. Thanks for ur anticipated response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sharlorhm(m): 10:14pm On Dec 05, 2015
Good day Sir, is AOS the same as IRS federal income tax information? if they are two different documents, which one will be needed for an IR2 interview?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kellycute(m): 8:35am On Dec 06, 2015
Good morning vo, I wanna ask a question on behalf of my cousin. She is over 21 years old and her mom is a greencard holder in US. If her mom file i 130 for her and is approve, how long will it take for her to be interview in lagos embassy? We know that sibling filing for sibling take longer time *12years* what about if her mom file for her?. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by propet(m): 10:40am On Dec 06, 2015
pls I intend moving to the US to pursue a post graduate studies but I want be in US at least for 1 year before I apply for the program. ..which visa will be okay for me to move around to make a physical search of the institution that is better....thankx
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by usrun: 3:13am On Dec 14, 2015
If I'm given immigrant visa, must I enter US through the state where my petitioner lives.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 14, 2015
Good morning lagosiv. I am an 18year old student currently in third year at the University. I want to apply for an immigrant visa to the United states.

Now my confusion is this, I'm thinking of applying for an EB-3 visa because it's for the "other workers" category immigrating to the United states. But the backlog duration is six years. Which, is quite a lot. And by then, I should be through with school, and with a bachelor degree. In what ways does this affect my EB-3 visa application?

And if I apply for an EB-2 visa, how long is the backlog? Note, I'm still in school while applying for the EB-2 visa.

Please kindly help me with the process also.

Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ellanaire(f): 10:56am On Dec 15, 2015
please is the VO still in the country cos its been so long since anyone got a reply. Admin please do something.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by christyox: 10:56am On Dec 15, 2015
Hello VO are you there? Is this forum still on? We are not receiving response anymore from you and most times your response are repulsive, is there anything we are not saying right that makes you respond the way you do? We would really appreciate your response. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by john2son5: 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2015
Dear VO. My CR1 interview was successful. Please I want to know if there is anyway I can track the status of my passport or I will get to DHL after 10 working days before I can get any information on my passport? Thanks alot for everything.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ellanaire:
Hello VO, my mum filled an immigrant visa for me. My interview was 21st of October. I was asked by the consular officer to drop my mum's 2012 and 2013 tax returns at drop off center because they only have that of 2014 and also do DNA testing. My questions are:
1. should the tax returns papers be original or can a scanned copy be dropped off?
2. what information does my mum need for the DNA testing because she has already booked an appointment and they asked her to fax "the information" and now she's asking me for "the information". The only information i have is the address of Us consulate office and my current contact information. Is this what they are asking for?
3. Why was i asked to do all these?
Thanks in anticipation smiley

You can provide copies of the tax documents. You should also have been given a form which gives very specific instructions about how to conduct the DNA testing. These were both requested simply because the officer required additional information for your case at the time of your interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
tolam08:

I've carefully read through it and I think I fall under the H1B visa group for holders of bachelors degree and special skill.
Can I apply for the visa and be granted even when I don't have any employer in USA presently ready to petition my presence?. Will I be granted the visa to go to USA and stay with my cousin over there for a while and start looking for work when I get there?

So if you carefully reviewed this you would note that A) H1B visas are nonimmigrant, and B) your prospective employer would have to submit a petition on your behalf.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2015
Nwabush1:
Hello Visa Officer,
My husband was asked to drop off his passport for visa in October after his DNA result was received. It's been almost a month and the passport isn't still ready. Can you please let me know how long the visa printing should take under this DNA situation. I know it generally takes 5 - 10 business days and this has been way too long. After the 3rd week I sent out an email to verify the status and was only informed that his passport was recieved however his visa application is still being processed. Please advice.

10 business days is the standard processing time - I am not able to provide much more specific information for particular cases.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
nkkystel:
My interview has been fixed for 14th January 2016 by 7am and have been arranging all documents necessary for interview. While doing this, I discovered that the birth certificate I submitted to USCIS and NVC is missing.

I'll like to know if an affidavit for swearing a new birth certificate will be accepted at the interview.

Thank you in anticipation as I look forward to your reply.

Yes, you can get an affidavit or new copy of your birth certificate from the NPC to meet this requirement.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
tolam08:
Dear VO,
Please I want to apply for an immigrant visa to the USA but I'm still yet to get a type where I fit into with good chance of qualification. I hold a bachelors degree in chemistry and UK professional certificate in health and safety.
Please I need your advice on the type of visa I can apply for. Thanks for ur anticipated response.

Based on the information you have provided, you are not eligible for an immigrant visa.

Someone must petition for you, this has clearly been stated before and you have been directed to the information.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
sharlorhm:
Good day Sir, is AOS the same as IRS federal income tax information? if they are two different documents, which one will be needed for an IR2 interview?

The Affidavit of Support and IRS Tax Returns are two separate documents - we need them both.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
kellycute:
Good morning vo, I wanna ask a question on behalf of my cousin. She is over 21 years old and her mom is a greencard holder in US. If her mom file i 130 for her and is approve, how long will it take for her to be interview in lagos embassy? We know that sibling filing for sibling take longer time *12years* what about if her mom file for her?. Thank you.

It would be impossible for me to tell you how long it would take - much of this process is dependent on the accuracy of of the information that is provided at every step. That being said, all of the family-sponsored visa classes are dictated by the priority date. You can check what current priority dates here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/checkdate.html
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
propet:
pls I intend moving to the US to pursue a post graduate studies but I want be in US at least for 1 year before I apply for the program. ..which visa will be okay for me to move around to make a physical search of the institution that is better....thankx

This is not an immigrant visa question.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
usrun:
If I'm given immigrant visa, must I enter US through the state where my petitioner lives.

No, this is not a requirement.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2015
Monstertrucks:
Good morning lagosiv. I am an 18year old student currently in third year at the University. I want to apply for an immigrant visa to the United states.

Now my confusion is this, I'm thinking of applying for an EB-3 visa because it's for the "other workers" category immigrating to the United states. But the backlog duration is six years. Which, is quite a lot. And by then, I should be through with school, and with a bachelor degree. In what ways does this affect my EB-3 visa application?

And if I apply for an EB-2 visa, how long is the backlog? Note, I'm still in school while applying for the EB-2 visa.

Please kindly help me with the process also.

Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you. smiley

You do not apply for your own immigrant visa - someone must petition for you, either through a qualifying relationship or because you meet specific requirements. You can learn more about the U.S. immigrant visa process here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process.html

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ellanaire:
please is the VO still in the country cos its been so long since anyone got a reply. Admin please do something.

I was out of the country for a couple of weeks - not much the admins can do about that...
I am in Nigeria for 18 more months; no wahala.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
christyox:
Hello VO are you there? Is this forum still on? We are not receiving response anymore from you and most times your response are repulsive, is there anything we are not saying right that makes you respond the way you do? We would really appreciate your response. Thank you

I'm sorry that you find the responses "repulsive." Could you be a little bit more specific? The biggest problem I have here is that people haven't done basic research, they refuse to read the responses to the questions that have been asked a thousand times before, and aren't even asking questions in the correct forum (ie. immigrant vs. non-immigrant).

I am responding to folks' question to assist them.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
john2son5:
Dear VO. My CR1 interview was successful. Please I want to know if there is anyway I can track the status of my passport or I will get to DHL after 10 working days before I can get any information on my passport? Thanks alot for everything.

You should be able to check the status online at the same site where you booked your appointment. Otherwise, wait 10 business days before checking with the DHL pickup location.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nkkystel(f): 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2015
LagosNIV:

Yes, you can get an affidavit or new copy of your birth certificate from the NPC to meet this requirement.
Thanks VO!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sharlorhm(m): 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2015
LagosNIV:

The Affidavit of Support and IRS Tax Returns are two separate documents - we need them both.
What if am not able to provide it for my interview? Are the documents compulsory?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 7:43am On Dec 18, 2015
christyox:

Can you explain what you mean by that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.