Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (322846 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by wendykaay: 7:40pm On Feb 15, 2018
Goodday vo, God bless you for the work you are doing here. My husband a us citizen applied fir me since last year and after the receipt notice over seven months ago we have gotten any message from them and each time I check my case status online it usually don't display any information.am really so confused and worried.I thought by 6 or 7 months I shoud have gotten approval from them .my husband has called them but they said still processing.how much longer fir Cr 1 visa petition.thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by travelclub: 11:57am On Feb 17, 2018
Hello,

My sister got married 2015 to someone in U.S, he filed
For papers for her, but he knew she wasn’t really in love with him. Lucky/Unfortunately, their application went through in January and she got her immigrant visa. Sadly, she still can’t imagine spending her life with him and has refused to go since then.
The guy is now very upset and has blocked and all of us even after buying her ticket.

We don’t want to do things the wrong way. She doesn’t want to go and has asked how we can go about it. Do we have to write to the embassy to avoid any issue just Incase she decides to apply for a normal visiting visa.

Kindly assist.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by comforter11: 1:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
ello house,
I have asked this question but it’s seems I didn’t find a direct reply.
Please i need a quick advice about my interview, I have a petition with the united states immigration since 2006 and i have added my wife and daughter in 2013. Now i have applied for a non-immigrant visa for the family because i need to visit my parent after very many years of not seeing them ( my aged parents) especially my children. we all have a virgin passport, no travel history. Please what are the possible questions we might be asked and do you think we are doing the right thing considering petition?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by maurice1981: 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2018
Please I would like to know what they mean by priority date
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by travelclub: 11:50am On Feb 19, 2018
Can someone assist, if you have an idea of this

travelclub:
Hello,

My sister got married 2015 to someone in U.S, he filed
For papers for her, but he knew she wasn’t really in love with him. Lucky/Unfortunately, their application went through in January and she got her immigrant visa. Sadly, she still can’t imagine spending her life with him and has refused to go since then.
The guy is now very upset and has blocked and all of us even after buying her ticket.

We don’t want to do things the wrong way. She doesn’t want to go and has asked how we can go about it. Do we have to write to the embassy to avoid any issue just Incase she decides to apply for a normal visiting visa.

Kindly assist.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 11:58am On Feb 19, 2018
@Anonymous1900

Please stop replying to questions here directed at VOs.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Anonymous1900: 12:28pm On Feb 19, 2018
justwise:
@Anonymous1900

Please stop replying to questions here directed at VOs.

Thank you.

Sure thing however both questions i replied were directed at the house somewhat and not at the VO's specifically like is normaly the case and one seemed rather urgent but point noted all the same
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by madamnwaokolo(f): 1:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
Good day sir/ma'am

I got married here in Nigeria and we are nigerians and yet to have kids, but my husband and I are thinking of relocating to the US together, here are my questions please?

1. Is it possible for us to go together and if yes,
2. On what basis, I mean what kind of visa do we use in applying,

Thank you...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tomdaveed: 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hello Vo,
My Dad filled in wrong information about my Secondary school Certificate when he filled the DS 260 form. Please will this pose any problem during the interview?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nonso123: 6:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hello honourable VO

My petition; filed by my wife just got approved by uscis today,
Please we need answers to the following questions;

After approval is petition, what is the next step and how do we go about it?

Please How long will it take the embassy to invite me for interview? I miss my wife so much, it's almost a year since we were together

Please help a confused couple. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by packdprince(m): 11:07pm On Feb 26, 2018
Good day Mr VO,

I would like to ask a question. I recently got my permanent residency in the US last year and this year I married my wife in Nigeria of which we both had a son together that is about 1 year and some months.

I want file CR1 for them, should I file separate petitions for them, or is my son to be joined as 'follow come'.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 27, 2018
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dd952831(m): 12:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
VisaOfficer:

Good afternoon,

While most appointments are set within 60 days of NVC receipt of all requested documentation, we cannot predict when a specific appointment will become available. Please check the following website for more information on how NVC schedules interviews: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview.html

Regards,
VO

Please i need to know if you are refused at the embassy base on the fact that you filled married in your non immigrate application and now on your immigrant application you filled single which is true what will the person do...VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ken1982: 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2018
Hi Sir....

Please my question is rather different

my wife got a job offer from a company in USA and we have gotten her work license in USA as well (she is a nurse). we just recently filled and submitted our DS260 for. I would like to ask a few questions

1. How long do you think we need to wait to get an interview date
2. What kind of questions will they ask us
3. We changed our interview venue to Dubai as we live and work there...is that an issue

thanks in earnest
VisaOfficer:

Good afternoon,

If you are currently a lawful permanent resident (LPR), you may file for a spouse with a child as a derivative on the petition. If you are a U.S. citizen, you will need to file separate petitions for your spouse and children. You should visit uscis.gov for further inquiries on filing petitions for family members.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by snowhyte12: 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2018
Good afternoon,

I accompanied my niece and nephews to the embassy yesterday and they were granted IR2 Visas.

My question:

1, what type of visa can i apply for to accompany these kids to the US since they are minor and there is no other member of the family to take them.
2. Do I stand any chance of my visa been approved because these kids and I bear the same Surname.
3 I have been married for 4 yrs and my wife and i have traveled to dubai, Benin, Togo, and Ghana.My wife and I have applied for NIV before and we were refused because we dont hany child yet. Could this still stand as a denail?
4 how do i go about these .

Thank you.

VisaOfficer:

Good afternoon,

Generally speaking, the vast majority of immigrant visas are family-based, meaning that a spouse or relative must file for you. There are certain employment-based immigrant visa classes as well. Information on family based immigrant visas can be found here: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/petition/file.html

Information on employment-based immigrant visas can be found here: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/employment.html
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Sisibimbo22: 4:02pm On Mar 09, 2018
Good afternoon Mr CO
I'm new here
I got an interview date and I just heard about frontloading and sideloading and I didn't do any...and I'm scared
Is it a problem as I heard CO decide based on the frontloading and won't have time to check the evidences brought that day.

And again, I and my husband decided to keep our relationship off Facebook even though we chat using facebook,we didn't share our relationship with the public..
Please is it also an issue??
Thanks,I'll be waiting for your reply
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dd952831(m): 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
Afternoon VO

Please i need to know if you are refused at the embassy base on the fact that you filled married in his non immigrate application and now on his immigrant application he filled single which is true what will the person do...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 11, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.