Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,027 members, 7,803,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence (56466 Views)

LUTH, Psychiatric Hospital Discharge Patients Due To Strike / Nigerian Philanthropist Adepeju Olukokun Pays Off People's Medical Bills At LUTH / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Adortem: 10:14am On Oct 19, 2015
annibro:

Well said. As a victim, my 'ex' was & funny enuf is still a senior Pastor in one of ds most respected churches dat ladies don't wear jewelries. Wen I started opening up no one believed me cos of his comportment outside until he displayed it in d opened one fateful day.
Pipu had compelled me 2 go report 2d church authourity but becos I know how I mite be compelled 2 endure 2 keep d story silent cos of d image of d church & his position, I was more concerned 4 my life. I went 2 court myself 2 get my life & freedom back. 2day am Free 2d glory of God
Are you saying he battered(physically and mentally) you before you left him, with his position in church? You should have reported him to the church authorities,that would make him embarrassed. I salute your strength madam,its well.
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by dalu: 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
jaydee87:

Must people Dont like to drag issues esp wen the media is involved.
have had cases where a young girl of 8 was raped by her headmaster and
the parent said they Dont want to take the case to court..
we should start doing the right thing by being responsible for every act done.
I think the death should have been reverted if she was managed properly
we av seen depressed people get better by showing them love and companionship
Mr thomas is guilty of this from my deduction cos if he managed her well it wont get to that.
and I blame her father too cos he should have done more since he know the ailment of his daughter.
well I will give u a call on Sunday.
but all in all the ngo's need to look into domestic violence even naptip.
av a great sunday...
didn't get the phone call.. Still waiting.. Meanwhile you may want to read this..

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/19/luth-surgeon-allegedly-killed-by-husband-may-have-committed-suicide/

Other thing.. I gather that the families (yes both of them) are setting up a legal team to sue the paper peddling unsubstantiated info.. please do call

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by knowme(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2015
Its funny how people run into conclusions on issues, people have spoken why not wait for the autopsy report before making a conclusion ? Yea your dad was a silent monster agreed but not every silent person would be a silent monster, sometimes I want to end it with my wife because she provokes me to the extend I want to hit her, I have never ever in my life raised my hands against a woman until I got married and because of that I feel marriage is not worth the worry, but of course that is not an excuse for domestic violence in relationships.

And holding brief for her should not be something you should consider we are all bewildered at the way things turn out, I was with a close family friend the day before the event, she called her and they spoke, everything sounded cool and we were surprised the next morning when we heard what happened, lets wait for the coroner to say what really happened, if it was a case of domestic violence am sure she would have given a fight as well and the husband would have sustained some scratches to his body, or there would have been some touches of him on the body, they said the torch she used to get the point where she jumped was seen at the scene but like I said lets not run into conclusions because of events that have happened to us, lets not preempt the outcome of the investigation.

Its a big shock to all of us.

osars:

you can't know somebody if he/she is not your husband/wife.. thats how they paint my father "humble soul" humble soul indeed. u can be his twin brother,but the way he will relate with you is different from his wife. thats how people used to see my father out there as a very generous,nice,caring man e.t.c. but he was a monster. sincerely looking at him as an outsider (he will look as an angel to u) though i was very young but i can remember the beating,d tears n settlement.he will get down from his car n drag my mum down for telling him she wants to buy christmas cloth n chicken for the children.my mum stayed in marriage for her children which i dont advice anyone now as i'm now grown up.
i am a student right now at medilag- luth, pls to correct the mistake-her husband works at lasuth not luth pls.
Dr Thomas was a doctor we as students looked up to. i dont believed she killed herself. she wont jump down and leave her two children behind -NO, she won't. she is a black woman not a white one.,she wont leave her students thats looking up to her behind.NO She won't. Someone pushed her if at all the story is correct... which i doubt. the gov should take this up, the medical coucil should take this up if her family permits.
If she can still perform surgeries and came to luth the day before her death. i dont think she was depressed to the extent of ending it.
what i have come to realize is that a woman beater will be a woman beater no matter your level of education or status in the society. as boyfriends beat girlfriends even in this century.
R.I.p Dr Thomas. your love,teaching and encouragement will be missed.

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by knowme(m): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2015
5minsmadness:

And how did she fracture her two arms by herself? How did she inflict a cut on her own forehead to the point of piercing the bone?

Why would she put a nylon bag over her own head. Why didn't the husband remove it?

You say you knew her for years, did she at any time show signs of mental illness? Where is her file?

Her husband is a consultant pathologist in the same luth right? So his people at going to be in charge of the autopsy, right?

This doesn't look suspicious to you?

The husband does not work with LUTH but Lasuth so you can confirm that your source does not know anything about the story
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by 5minsmadness: 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2015
knowme:

The husband does not work with LUTH but Lasuth so you can confirm that your source does not know anything about the story
. The topic says LUTH, the sources say LUTH. Whether he works at LUTH or lasuth doesn't change the logic of thought.

You folks here are so eager to defend your colleague one begins to wonder.

If she committed suicide then where did the ugly rumour of domestic violence come out from?

Everybody that Knew this girl right from 500lt knew her to be CHEERFUL, kind and caring. Even her patients will attest to that. In school she was always the first to make u laugh, outgoing and a free spirited person. So it's a mega shock to hear she was depressed talk less of psychotic even to the point if suicide! Not hestia! A depressed person will show signs of withdrawal, unexplained absence from work, unexplained absence from activities, bags around her eyes from insomnia or too much sleep, weight loss and depressed mood. Someone would have noticed!

Well, you guys had just better be careful cos all of us are watching.

5 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by cooldee(m): 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2015
@5minsmadness....what a nickname.....it was the stupid reporter that put up fake story on the nation newspaper that started all this. If you want more truth check sunday punch oct 18...u will see a correct report there. By the way....just wait i will be here to put up the real truth when the official autopsy reports are released or by the time the family sues the stupid journalist that started spreading wrong info about this.
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by teamplayey: 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2015
@ cooldee, 5minsmadness is actually right both morally and legally. What's rational about what your team is proposing?
Not Hestia!
Wisdom is profitable to direct and truly, the world is watching. Homicide is actually a criminal case and even as much as we do respect her family, what's proper conceeding to evil?
Her husband killed her until proven otherwise!
(And 07038564445 is switched off.)
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by jaydee87(m): 3:13pm On Oct 19, 2015
dalu:
didn't get the phone call.. Still waiting.. Meanwhile you may want to read this..

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/19/luth-surgeon-allegedly-killed-by-husband-may-have-committed-suicide/

Other thing.. I gather that the families (yes both of them) are setting up a legal team to sue the paper peddling unsubstantiated info.. please do call

just read the post and it will be nice if the families can prove its suicide not domestic violence... and yes I will call you today... thanks for the update Dr.
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by teamplayey: 5:21pm On Oct 19, 2015
@ dalu:
We just spoke. And thanks for explaining so many things.
I figure, suicide is a differential. But then homicide is too. Lol
Anyway, it would be super-nice when we see objective findings/documentation concerning this case.
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Adortem: 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
cooldee:
@5minsmadness....what a nickname.....it was the stupid reporter that put up fake story on the nation newspaper that started all this. If you want more truth check sunday punch oct 18...u will see a correct report there. By the way....just wait i will be here to put up the real truth when the official autopsy reports are released or by the time the family sues the stupid journalist that started spreading wrong info about this.
I can see that you are actively defending this woman's husband,please what silly news did the Nation's newspaper jornalist published? Please don't be sentimental,analyze the case very carefully then you would see what others are seeing,suicide cannot logically explain all the lacerations on her skin and the mark on her skull,there are lots of questions to be answered.Someone said they found a torchlight she used to climb the ladder,common! Anyone can drop the torch there! Also said marks/scratches isn't on the husband to confirm he killed her.When I saw the picture of the couple,I knew why, the lady is very petite,while the man is so huge,I wonder what he could have done to her to make her sustain such wounds,till she lost her life. God would surely judge and I know the man would try it again in his next marriage...

2 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by teamplayey: 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2015
@ Adortem:
Looking at their pictures, the man is so very huge while the lady is petit.
The man did not need to beat her to the extent of her sustaining such injuries.Domestic injuries should be criticized but its unlikely him needing to beat her so severely for whatever reason.
The post-mortem report would go a long way in us understanding what may have occurred. RIP Hestia!

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Adortem: 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2015
teamplayey:
@ Adortem:
Looking at their pictures, the man is so very huge while the lady is petit.
The man did not need to beat her to the extent of her sustaining such injuries.Domestic injuries should be criticized but its unlikely him needing to beat her so severely for whatever reason.
The post-mortem report would go a long way in us understanding what may have occurred. RIP Hestia!
That is if the reports isn't compromised. A similar case of a female banker last year was blamed on suicide,multiple stab wounds was found on the victim,one would have thought just a stab or two should do,the husband blamed suÍcide then later said during their fight she fell on a knife,still couldn't explain the numbers of stab wounds on her. The husband was later found guilty and sentenced to death. Some people are just psychos...

2 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by annibro(f): 7:22pm On Oct 19, 2015
Adortem:

Are you saying he battered(physically and mentally) you before you left him, with his position in church? You should have reported him to the church authorities,that would make him embarrassed. I salute your strength madam,its well.

Its complicated. Church bureaucracy is horrible. After a scene which happened within d church premises(d last physical incidens b4 I went 2 court), while members were consoling me & advising me 2 report to authority, one of d elders , a woman in her 60's came 2 me & said " what is wrong if ur husbands beats u? Is he not ur husband? I thot I didn't hear well & afta trying 2 explain dat it isn't d 1st time & he usually locks d door wen such happens, she still said "and so". D church was divided in Opinions, so I figured its best 2 tink of my life. Though I know if I was opportuned 2 meet with d General Overseer, he'll support d truth & probably suspend my ex but I'll stil be d one at d receiving end, cos he(the G.O) will neva support seperation & witout a job he(my ex)will be more aggressive.
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by dalu: 7:54pm On Oct 19, 2015
teamplayey:
@ cooldee, 5minsmadness is actually right both morally and legally. What's rational about what your team is proposing?
Not Hestia!
Wisdom is profitable to direct and truly, the world is watching. Homicide is actually a criminal case and even as much as we do respect her family, what's proper conceeding to evil?
Her husband killed her until proven otherwise!
(And 07038564445 is switched off.)
thanks for calling.. Always here to help

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Adortem: 8:02pm On Oct 19, 2015
annibro:

Its complicated. Church bureaucracy is horrible. After a scene which happened within d church premises(d last physical incidens b4 I went 2 court), while members were consoling me & advising me 2 report to authority, one of d elders , a woman in her 60's came 2 me & said " what is wrong if ur husbands beats u? Is he not ur husband? I thot I didn't hear well & afta trying 2 explain dat it isn't d 1st time & he usually locks d door wen such happens, she still said "and so". D church was divided in Opinions, so I figured its best 2 tink of my life. Though I know if I was opportuned 2 meet with d General Overseer, he'll support d truth & probably suspend my ex but I'll stil be d one at d receiving end, cos he(the G.O) will neva support seperation & witout a job he(my ex)will be more aggressive.
I hate to go tribal but at this point I should say that some tribes don't see anything wrong in husbands beating their wives,infact,they compare it to father beating his child,like putting her through in love,they argued that as long as he provides for the family. Infact,they can even turn the story around and blame the wife completely for being beaten up. This society of ours is totally a patriarch society and the woman is always at the receiving end,so the for better for worse part is usually for the woman(I am not a feminist). I know you are going through a lot right now,considering how the society frowns at divorce,no one wants to hear your story all they do is blame you. Its well madam, I believe marriage shouldn't be a prison,and when it becomes life threatening,take a walk,to avoid stories that touch...

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by teamplayey: 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2015
Adortem:

That is if the reports isn't compromised. A similar case of a female banker last year was blamed on suicide,multiple stab wounds was found on the victim,one would have thought just a stab or two should do,the husband blamed suÍcide then later said during their fight she fell on a knife,still couldn't explain the numbers of stab wounds on her. The husband was later
found guilty and sentenced to death. Some people are just psychos...

# I sincerely hope the truth does come out.
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by annibro(f): 9:01pm On Oct 19, 2015
Adortem:

I hate to go tribal but at this point I should say that some tribes don't see anything wrong in husbands beating their wives,infact,they compare it to father beating his child,like putting her through in love,they argued that as long as he provides for the family. Infact,they can even turn the story around and blame the wife completely for being beaten up. This society of ours is totally a patriarch society and the woman is always at the receiving end,so the for better for worse part is usually for the woman(I am not a feminist). I know you are going through a lot right now,considering how the society frowns at divorce,no one wants to hear your story all they do is blame you. Its well madam, I believe marriage shouldn't be a prison,and when it becomes life threatening,take a walk,to avoid stories that touch...

Well, I really can't say if its a tribe tin but I rememba she went further 2 say dat her husband use 2 beat her & is she not d one still here & dey're still 2geda afta so many yrs grin.
As 4 me, am doing just great. Maybe u didn't see some of my previous post on pages 4 & 5 on ds thread. It happened 8yrs back & I remarried 3yrs afta dat.
I Damned wat society tinks. I saw Life as a Priviledge & a Special Gift frm God and its my duty 2 Protect & Enjoy it. I can't allow d world Dictate mine & yet still Live their own...Dats 2 - 0 against me cheesy Neighter can I try 2 please d society 2 my own detriment.
Its well. Am doing a book on d Complete Story.

2 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by cooldee(m): 9:51pm On Oct 19, 2015
All i will say here is that you should all wait till the truth comes out. Meanwhile read the post on Linda's blog and see what the mother of the victim has to say....http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2015/10/controversy-trails-death-of-luth.html....this is a small part of it...
Reacting to the report, the Lagos state Medical Association, Chairman, Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria, LUTH branch, Dr. Emeka Ogbolu, said it was regrettable for anyone to believe the deceased was killed by her husband
“I was appalled at how some people jumped to conclusions that it was homicide without investigating or asking questions. I also had to refrain because it is really painful being that I saw her on Tuesday and therefore it came as a shock. I just came from their home where I went to pay a condolence visit and what I saw was a pained and angry mother. Her mother, after I introduced myself, pleaded that we do not abandon her son-in-law who is a son to her. While weeping she asked why someone will be so insensitive and wicked to her as a mother and conclude that her son-in-law killed her daughter. She cursed those that started it because she said they have only added to her pain which is already unbearable. She said she is a principal officer in a university and has some background in psychology and she knows the tell tale signs of domestic violence. She visits often and would not have hesitated to forcefully drag her daughter out of the marriage had that been the case. She would have known from her interaction with their children. She said those who started this have stung her where it hurts because she does not joke with her children. She said she broke down when she saw the newspaper that carried the story. I saw a mother pained. I think it was genuine. I promised her I would pass on her message as much as I can and that is all I have done.” he said

Can you see what the mother said.....do u think a mother that lost her daughter will still be lieing to protect her son inlaw...will she not be fighting for revenge or whatever?....but yet she inisists that the husband is innocent....all of you are shouting its a domestic violence.....May God forgive you all for carrying wrong information all arround....
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by jaydee87(m): 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
spoke with dalu today and I was really enlighten on the process going on under ground, its good to keep to the code and stay by the facts which we all are waiting for. I for one if the husband is innocent will send a open letter apology
for wrongly accusing him.... But still we need to fight against domestic violence and dalu u can help here too...
need you to give us the early signs of depression and how it can be prevented...
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by raayah(f): 11:20pm On Oct 19, 2015
annibro:

Jesus Christ! How can someone say such to a victim of domestic violence? I am very shocked.
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Adortem: 5:36am On Oct 20, 2015
@Cooldee,please answer this question,if a man suddenly finds his wife dead wouldn't he raise an alarm to call the attention of neighbours,would he rather solely carry her to the hospital? This isn't the western world where neighbours hardly interact,with such a sudden discovery an alarm should have been raised. Does he have an alibi to vindicate him? Someone should please interview the neighbours,its not like they live in the wilderness or something. I think most families are afraid of court cases,the mother is just trying to protect the family,and most court cases take years to solve thereby prolonging the pain of the death. Many suspicions,a lot of questions left unanswered. Reading Arowolo's murder case too,very similar to this,the accused left no suspicion to the outside world,very religious man that had held religious positions in the past,even sang hymns in court...who would have thought he could stab his wife 76times?@the end,the victim got justice.

3 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by osars: 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2015
knowme:
Its funny how people run into conclusions on issues, people have spoken why not wait for the autopsy report before making a conclusion ? Yea your dad was a silent monster agreed but not every silent person would be a silent monster, sometimes I want to end it with my wife because she provokes me to the extend I want to hit her, I have never ever in my life raised my hands against a woman until I got married and because of that I feel marriage is not worth the worry, but of course that is not an excuse for domestic violence in relationships.

And holding brief for her should not be something you should consider we are all bewildered at the way things turn out, I was with a close family friend the day before the event, she called her and they spoke, everything sounded cool and we were surprised the next morning when we heard what happened, lets wait for the coroner to say what really happened, if it was a case of domestic violence am sure she would have given a fight as well and the husband would have sustained some scratches to his body, or there would have been some touches of him on the body, they said the torch she used to get the point where she jumped was seen at the scene but like I said lets not run into conclusions because of events that have happened to us, lets not preempt the outcome of the investigation.

Its a big shock to all of us.

hmmmnnn, guess circumstances in life can change who we are or what we can do.
i just know a mentor is gone from us...
Dr Hestianna Idiodi-Thomas will be missed .
May Her Soul Rest in Peace. Amen

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by teamplayey: 7:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
I still have a gut feeling concerning this case...
When is Nigeria going to get it right?
Murder indeed! With all that associated trauma/injury
By herself? Broken head (frontal bone and maxilla), smashed chest, broken arm, etc?
How possible?

Yes, we await the post-mortem report but how does a perfect love go wrong?
There's no way it could have been murder.

True, we query domestic violence but why are her people stream-lining their option only to murder?
The world is watching
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by durodee(m): 9:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
teamplayey:
I still have a gut feeling concerning this case...
When is Nigeria going to get it right?
Murder indeed! With all that associated trauma/injury
By herself? Broken head (frontal bone and maxilla), smashed chest, broken arm, etc?
How possible?

Yes, we await the post-mortem report but how does a perfect love go wrong?
There's no way it could have been murder.

True, we query domestic violence but why are her people stream-lining their option only to murder?
The world is watching
Fall from an height could and will do same or worse! Gravity related injuries are bad; not only do the victims need to contend with the smash to the ground , they could also collide with foreign objects enroute. Whether she jumped or was pushed , who knows but it will be premature to castigate the husband or assert that he is a wife beater . Some people examined the body and i am sure they will look out for defensive wounds on her body. Nobody can sustain that amount of injuries within a house and a significant amount of blood will not be splashed around.
Such damage cannot also occur in a vacuum; did the neighbours hear any noise? apart from the insinuation of domestic assault from the newspaper, there seems to be nothing much to work on.
So sad that another life is lost...........
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by teamplayey: 1:55am On Oct 21, 2015
. . .My point exactly!
Too many missing parts for this puzzle.
First, fall from a height. Roof or two-storey building?
Frontal bone, maxilla, chest. Kindof central. Then one-sided with # of upper limb. Associated bagging of face
No significant blood loss to surrounding. No one heard sounds. And that involves two gatemen. Anyway, I hear she was at the back of the house. Convenient!
Get, I'm not accusing her hubby but I'm saying it's very unlikely to be suicide. And why does there appear to be something very odd here?
CC: Durodee

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by teamplayey: 2:06am On Oct 21, 2015
*** seems to me, the Nigerian-factor is very much in play here.
RIP, Hestia. God know best. His ways are not our ways. We really would like to know what happened but if we get only one wish to ask, it's that you do rest in peace.
And also for that reason, dear friend: we hope that you did not commit suicide

2 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by 5minsmadness: 10:24am On Oct 21, 2015
teamplayey:
*** seems to me, the Nigerian-factor is very much in play here.
RIP, Hestia. God know best. His ways are not our ways. We really would like to know what happened but if we get only one wish to ask, it's that you do rest in peace.
And also for that reason, dear friend: we hope that you did not commit suicide
Amen.

Me I no fit talk again o. After the events of the last few days it's better to hold one's peace until further notice.

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by annibro(f): 4:36am On Oct 22, 2015
IndianaJay:

I'm so happy for you, there are many women still in terribly abusive relationships that don't even know and have no avenue of leaving.
It's quite heart-breaking to see a human maltreat another human he is supposed to love and care for.
I'm happy for you sister, that you had the courage and strength to stay NO to abuse.
I also wish you all the best and for God to replenish whatever you may have lost in the experience.
I have been through this too, it's not as easy for the victim as our people think.

I feel u dear. Thank u 4 ur kind words & Amen. I am eternally grateful 2 God Who never comdemned me but gave me a 2nd chance 2 live my dream marriage. Yes its not easy at all 4d victim esp in d issue of Remarriage. But I give Glory 2 God & appreciate my husband who being single went against all odds 2b with me. B4 now evryone thot I shouldn't end up with a single man. Even my pastor & close confidant felt there was a 'but' in my life & was advising me 2 look in d direction of either a widower or Divorcee. At a point, he even tried hooking me up wit a widower(I was 2 travel all d way 2 maiduguri 2 meet him),imagine! den wit sevrai divorcees. Not dat am looking down on dem, but dat was man's verdict. Dey ve placed a tag on me but it wasn't so with God. D story of d woman caught in Adultery kept replaying in my mind. God has not condemned me. I shouldn't condemn myself either nor allow any man do. So I started seeing myself innocent & justified until my husband came, brand new, 'Chasis' grin. Wit all humility, pipu say he looks like Yemi Blaq(naija actor) but I tink he looks facially like jim ikye. He has ds sort of bulgy, dreamin eyes grin. No bi my effort, #NaGodWin# grin

3 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by IndianaJay: 9:59am On Oct 22, 2015
annibro:

I feel u dear. Thank u 4 ur kind words & Amen. I am eternally grateful 2 God Who never comdemned me but gave me a 2nd chance 2 live my dream marriage. Yes its not easy at all 4d victim esp in d issue of Remarriage. But I give Glory 2 God & appreciate my husband who being single went against all odds 2b with me. B4 now evryone thot I shouldn't end up with a single man. Even my pastor & close confidant felt there was a 'but' in my life & was advising me 2 look in d direction of either a widower or Divorcee. At a point, he even tried hooking me up wit a widower(I was 2 travel all d way 2 maiduguri 2 meet him),imagine! den wit sevrai divorcees. Not dat am looking down on dem, but dat was man's verdict. Dey ve placed a tag on me but it wasn't so with God. D story of d woman caught in Adultery kept replaying in my mind. God has not condemned me. I shouldn't condemn myself either nor allow any man do. So I started seeing myself innocent & justified until my husband came, brand new, 'Chasis' grin. Wit all humility, pipu say he looks like Yemi Blaq(naija actor) but I tink he looks facially like jim ikye. He has ds sort of bulgy, dreamin eyes grin. No bi my effort, #NaGodWin# grin

Your post has made my day.
God has exalted you where man thought there was no way. It's always refreshing to hear positive life stories as yours, to give inspiration to others who might be going through the same thing.

I always tell people.....have faith, there will always be light at the end of the tunnel, as long as we have life in us.

As for the people that condemned you....they have failed because God had his own plans for you.

Congrats your the wonderful handsomely dreamy husband wink wink, may you both love and grow old together.

My sister na you win o....Shame to bad people. #GodWin grin grin
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by annibro(f): 10:33am On Oct 22, 2015
IndianaJay:

Your post has made my day.
God has exalted you where man thought there was no way. It's always refreshing to hear positive life stories as yours, to give inspiration to others who might be going through the same thing.

Yes stories can go a long way. I remember watching several movies by Jenifer Lopez on abusive relationships & one by Kate Henshaw. Dey were good motivators. I tink we shud do a thread on ds issue. It wud go a long way 2 help lots of pipu. Wat do u tink? Or is der any already in d family section?
IndianaJay:

Congrats your the wonderful handsomely dreamy husband wink wink, may you both love and grow old together.
Amen!!

2 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by IndianaJay: 4:15pm On Oct 22, 2015
annibro:

Yes stories can go a long way. I remember watching several movies by Jenifer Lopez on abusive relationships & one by Kate Henshaw. Dey were good motivators. I tink we shud do a thread on ds issue. It wud go a long way 2 help lots of pipu. Wat do u tink? Or is der any already in d family section?

Amen!!

Yes....I think there is, I came across a thread like that a while back when a young lady was stabbed to death by her abusive husband, but i'm not sure the post is still being read.
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by teamplayey: 9:38am On Oct 30, 2015
5minsmadness:

Amen.

Me I no fit talk again o. After the events of the last few days it's better to hold one's peace until further notice.
Please any news?
Has she been buried?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Collapses Along The Road In Lagos Island, Abandoned By Passersby / Lady Enters Gutter "After Lodging With Man In A Hotel" In Lagos. Photos / Lagos Acquires New Equipment For Disinfection Of Public Places, Set To Deploy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.