Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Wireless Internet Access in Bwari Area, Abuja - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Wireless Internet Access in Bwari Area, Abuja (2319 Views)

Glo-1 Cable Cut Disrupts Internet Access In Nigeria / Hundreds Of Thousands May Lose Internet Access In July / Reltel Wireless Internet Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wireless Internet Access in Bwari Area, Abuja by demomo: 9:53pm On May 22, 2005
Hello everyone, could someone please let me know the best wireless system to connect to the Internet that would cover the Bwari area in Abuja, near Law School?

I am a student there and would like to get connection to the Internet from my apartment. Thanks.
Re: Wireless Internet Access in Bwari Area, Abuja by OluAbuja(m): 2:07pm On Nov 01, 2005
Demomo, get in touch with DirectOnPc at Wuse. The company has clients in Kubwa just 15 minutes drive to Bwari. Maybe they already have clients in Bwari.

Here is their website www.directonpc.com and Abuja Office address.
Plot 696
Argadez Crescent, Wuse II
Abuja, Nigeria

+234 803 7758250
+234 802 3364702
+234 (09) 6711754

Email: infoabuja@directonpc.com

Best of luck.

Olu
Re: Wireless Internet Access in Bwari Area, Abuja by waleomo: 9:43am On Nov 08, 2005
I think this may not be too late. You can get Internet in Bwari by using Celcom fixed wireless phone and subscribe for thier internet service. But you will need a yagi antenea.
Re: Wireless Internet Access in Bwari Area, Abuja by abujabooks(f): 4:55pm On May 06, 2008
Any new wireless connection for Gidan Mangoro, Karshi area of Abuja.
Re: Wireless Internet Access in Bwari Area, Abuja by uspry1(f): 7:10pm On May 06, 2008
This is old thread.

You need to sign up the internet provider service establishing the internet connection on your computer/laptop at your own expense every month!

By the way, I, myself, am not a NIGERIAN and DO NOT LIVE IN NIGERIA. If you live near Nigeria university that has secured wireless network server and you know how to configure the static IP address with high speed internet (broadband) gateway router on your computer/laptop sharing network connection between your apartment and Nigeria university.

It is very common in the USA and UK universities with dormitory for all college students only. The university technology/software department provide the information how to set up for dorm students. Because ALL UNIVERSITY DORMS have already installed the wired ethernet cable on every dorm rooms.

I don't know about Nigeria universities.
Re: Wireless Internet Access in Bwari Area, Abuja by abujabooks(f): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2008
@uspry1

Even though it is an old thread.

I am sure that, someone has been blessed by the information provided here.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Remove All Norton Antivirus From My Laptop / How Can I Set Mtn Gprs Settings On My Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 / Download Over 120 Graphic Design Video Tutorials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.