Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela (49822 Views)

Fans React To Toke Makinwa's Cleavage Photos: "See Wetin Baba Fadeyi Dey Enjoy" / Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / Tonto Dikeh Steps Out To Worship God In This Outfit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Towncrier247: 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
At the ongoing Felabration last night, Fela’s Black-American lover, Sandra Izsadore (former Sandra Smith) took the stage in an unusual manner when she joined Newben Afrobeat Band from Chile and Femi Anikulapo-Kuti to perform her song with Fela, ‘Upside’.

The Chilean Afrobeat band, with their sonorous voices and energetic Fela like movements publicly described why they loved Fela and all he stood for, worship the late Aba Mi Ede like true subjects. Fela's son, Femi Kuti thereby also led the band to pay homage to Fela Anikulapo-Kuti with burning candles.

This band is not alone in its worship of the legend, as Femi explained that there are people around the world who have dedicated their lives to worship his late father Fela.

See photos below...

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/10/photos-see-people-that-travelled-all.html

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by wezegrim: 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
fella a legend

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Towncrier247: 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
More

1 Like

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Chanchit: 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2015
Music is a universal language.
But I just don't know if Nigeria can have another Fela.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by atilla(m): 7:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
Was there n saw the band perform.

Was really cool they were very energetic . Would love to see them again

34 Likes

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Mickop(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
wow!
He is a legend who was never appreciated by his own people.
NAIJA i hail !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Godfullsam(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
Chanchit:
Music is a universal language.
But I just don't know if Nigeria can have another Fela.

Another Fela is a counterfeit!

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Godfullsam(m): 7:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
Fela is more than just a musician.

Legendary Felacious tongue

44 Likes

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Zeedarh(f): 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
Theres just one and only 'Fela Anikulapo Kuti'. All dese 'fela wannabes' r counterfeits. smiley

8 Likes

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by braine(m): 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
Seen.
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by CR77(f): 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Zeedarh:
Theres just one and only 'Fela Anikulapo Kuti'. All dese 'fela wannabes' r counterfeits. smiley

1 Like

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
like seriously...
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by AbuMikey(m): 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
Pretty nice.
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by tintingz(m): 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
Fela the aba mi eda

A legend.

5 Likes

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by ibe9ja: 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by fajesito(m): 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
awon oniranu undecided

4 Likes

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Intendy: 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
Anikulapo
You have death in your poach

4 Likes

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Bonapart(m): 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
Senseless individuals

1 Like

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by helphelp: 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
Worship abi honour

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by admax(m): 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
If they are really worshipping Fela, i wonder if no one has told them about Jesus?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by lincolnj88: 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
grin d only Yorubas I loved from my childhood are fela and kumuyi.... Dey speak d truth amid intimidation and oppression.....

Not professor soyinka who was d chief speaker when aregberascal was comission d world biggest talking drum grin

Mind u fela called buhari, obj , yardua shehu animals in human form grin

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by JayRise(m): 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Romm(m): 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
DAT IS NICE
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
Person dey burn inside hell, you dey jubilate untop wetin ?

Abuse me and die

Who cares about one dead fckn skinny oblong-head weed smoker.

Nigga, I don't. tongue

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by k1centy: 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
A legendarily solid amigo

1 Like

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
GreenWhiteGreen:
Person dey burn inside hell, you dey jubilate untop wetin ?

Maybe he's already prepared the hottest part of The Hades for you. That's right- exactly where sanctimonious zealots like you belong. ⚡⚡⚡

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
most popular Nigerian dead or alive

6 Likes

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by sunnywhyt(m): 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
Forever liveth
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by tobtap: 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
is ok cheesy cheesy
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Badboiz(m): 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
Abami eda lives on, Anikulakpo kuti( I got death in my pouch,) but death killed him only in flesh...#felabration...
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by kennyman2000(m): 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
Respect fela
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by kechywillz(m): 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
How will one worship his fellow human,this is idolization. My worship goes to One and only Father in Heaven.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Rapper, Olamide's New Hairstyle (photos) / Wale Responds To Fans Calling Olamide A Homosexual For Wearing Sandals / Photos From Monalisa Chinda's Bridal Shower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.