Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland (60888 Views)

Ndi Igbos Ke Way / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Breaking Guinea Conakry Foreign Affair Recognise Eze Igbo Guinea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Tunguy01(m): 11:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
My best friend is an igbo , weneva he reads thread abt tribe, his mood swings , I dnt like d idea of me sleeping wit 1 eye opened, I always avoid any argument dat has 2 do wit religion,tribal or politics, I hate dem all.,God help the gullible youths.

13 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Kagawa10: 11:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
lygn19:
Thank God... am happy with the development, yorubas shud also start treating igbos with hostility.
They are set of people who learn by hard experience, back then when we were in school, we and d ppl in our clique asked each other where we would base of all of them I was the only one that choose igbo land, they thought they were wise, I pray dz continues so much that for any igbo man to buy even half plot of land outside igbo land would be war.
why to the yorubas that sent for a man who respected and honoured there Obas call and went to see him, if in yoruba land another king cant come into there palace with a crown, all they wud do before they usher him into the palace is tell him to remove it, they allowed him in planned youths to lurk around with canes because they knew what they wanted to do and looked for the flimsiest excuse or mis yarn to insult him and belittle him. I am happy this is happening because I keep count in it ti score my points. But yorubas we igbos wud be merciful when ur time comes I promise u, that mantle u hold thats making u insult others would be taken away from u one day.
Lol! See concocted story! Who told you that was what happened?
The real truth is that after the Oba warned the eediot and installed a leader in the market, the eediot went ahead to gather his comrades to protest in front of the palace. It was that moment the Ondo youths descended on him and his fellow eediots!
Imagine, protesting on our land and outside the palace! Were they planning to beat the king or what?
Shameless people!

27 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by salamido: 11:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
lygn19:

one thing I dont understand is we all call for one Nigeria but we dont want to practice it, the only crime igbos ever did was migrate, even some of this minority from ss and the yorubas if like there numbers were like dat of igbos in some states thats not theres, there would hv been a big problem, igbos that oncd they are in a foreign land try there best to avoid any form of confrontation with there host are termed trouble makers, now compare us with the fulanis who are also travellers and there has been recorded attempts of them coming to other states and commiting sm gruesome crime with impunity, fulanis kidnapped a yoruba leader and they said they were just mere criminals and nothing more, why an igbo man honoured an Obas visit just because he wore his hat the entire yoruba land wants to burn.

In Rome do as the Romans do! This is the way to be accepted and respected but not by foolish pride and show-off!

Bear in mind, I'm not Yoruba but i'm only giving candid advice.

Of course, there are millions of Ibos all over Nigeria and they have every right just like the natives to be there as citizens of Nigeria and cannot be called immigrants. But wherever you go, there are the aboriginals or natives whose tradition must be respected. This is part of our African heritage.

25 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Tunguy01(m): 11:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
salamido:

In Rome do as the Romans do! This is the way to be accepted and respected but not by foolish pride and show-off!

Of course, there are millions of Ibos all over Nigeria and they have every right just like the natives to be there as citizens of Nigeria and cannot be called immigrants. But wherever you go, there are the aboriginals or natives whose tradition must be respected. This is part of our African heritage.
u av spoken !!! .., GBAM !!!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
salamido:

igbos disrespect there natives because some ediots wud come to Nairaland and insult igbos and we fight back, ok please tell us how igbos disrespect there host?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by spanishkid(m): 11:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
Haha. Very good. This was long overdue. Please start sending these rodents back to their cursed lands. Anyone who wants to live in yorubaland or anywhere else that's not igboland must be made to sign an agreement which requires respecting the laws and customs of their host community.

9 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
Rayhut:
Freedom of association is allowed in Nigerian constitution, Igbos are free to have Eze Ndi Igbo in their state of abode, if they have a community of Igbos that come together and decide that a particular person will be their leader, there is nothing wrong in it, but the said Ezeh should not interfere in the affairs of the king of the native of that town or parade himself as King because it is just an appointed post by his people and not a real king. About recognition, the governor and Obas should not recognize them as king, they should recognize them as a representer of his own people. Group of people speaking the same language and living outside their domain suppose to have a leader to protect their interest, that is why they have Sarakin Fulani, Hausa in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

The Sarkin hausawa(s) and Sarkin fulani(s) never and will never disrespect their hosts.

It is the y1bos that disrespect their hosts.
Ola Falae will disagree with you on the issue of fulani not disrespecting their host. I hope this is fulani respecting their host https://www.nairaland.com/2638427/oyo-herdsmen-believe-animals-utmost and https://www.nairaland.com/2638418/how-fulani-herdsmen-kill-rape

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by mulattoclaro(m): 11:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
lygn19:

my boy I am not ready for u yet, when am ready even u wud run, and u know it.
I dey here. I dey wait you.
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Lushore1: 11:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
lygn19:

so since If u come to Igbo land for ur Nysc honouring ur nations call, and u go to a place where they dont kill pythons.
so to yoruba people; nobody is supposed to tell u, u are supposed to kill a python and find out the consequences by yourself, u guys keep talking asif yoruba land is heaven and earth and u people wud never leave it, well it serves those igbos in yoruba labd right.

Its your duty as a responsible citizen to find out about your host culture and traditions in order to afford this type of conflict in the future. Simple!!

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by superstar1(m): 11:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
I am waiting for those jokers of Ohaneze to issue their usual lame ultimatum of going to ICC.

They do not have an iota of resoecr for others.

To them, yorubas are dirty and Aba and Onitsha are like the way they are. There is no place in the whole of yorubaland that is like those despicable cesspit of Aba and Onitsha.

To them, every other person is lazy because they are not into following their crime infested lives. At best they are involved in a no brainer of sabotaging our economy by dealing in only importation of fake products.

Bunch of clowns.

33 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 16, 2015
Igbos getting excessively fvcked these days.Dem just dey open yanch anyhow,Igbos need to fix their panties.yesterday it was deji of akure's turn, today again afenifere has joined the gang ban.ging crew

[img]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/519634/width/350/height/700/flags/LL[/img]

17 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 16, 2015
Kagawa10:

The real truth is that after the Oba warned the eediot and installed a leader in the market, the eediot went ahead to gather his comrades to protest in front of the palace. It was that moment the Ondo youths descended on him and his fellow eediots!
Imagine, protesting on our land and outside the palace! Were they planning to beat the king or what?
Shameless people!
story is now changing from u people saying he wore a crown to the obas palace, its now they protested, I don't know y I hv d feeling that if someone neutral analyzes the story constructively it would be affirmed that the Eze is innocent;
from the stories the igbos hv a market at one certain place like that, and thats an igbo dominated/ igbo area if I cud say based on assessments the same way yorubas hv tailoring shops in the east and northerners hv there goat and cattle market too with there various leaders and representatives yet nobody cares as far as they deliver, so the igbo traders there hold a meeting to elect a leader to be in charge of the market to aid in cleaning the environment and the rest(if the market had yoruba traders or had a leadership before now it was never stated anywhere, d igbos there just thought of it as a way to ease there work), then d yorubas hear about it, Ondo is still backward so if there thinking is backward it won't be a surprise, they start with there way of thinking"thats how they behave, that's how they said Lagos is a no mans land, now they want to bring it to yoruba land, we wud teach them a lesson" they went and stopped the leadership of the market for reasons known to them, igbo traders there who were annoyed by it, thinking they were living with there brothers who treated them with equality went to protest PEACEFULLY, they waited knowing they were coming staged youths with canes and pounced on them, and started reversing the story.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by wirinet(m): 11:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
Can someone explain to me exactly what eze ndigbo means and what his functions are. Is he akin to a king?, because according to this Akure saga, he wore a crown (some say it is a cap) and royal regalia to see the Deji, he is also said to have come with some chiefs. Is he a market leader? because the bone of contention was who is to be appointed or elected market leader.

If the the Eze Ndigbo is not well defined, the Igbos will always have issues wherever the migrate. Imagine an Eze Ndigbo of London wearing a crown or cap in front of the Queen of England claiming to the the king of Igbos in London.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by emmalexabl(m): 11:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
Afeniferere are bunch of confused old fools who decided to chase rat when their brown roof house is on fire..
Fulanis have been desecrating their land and kidnapping their obas and they never coughed.,so how come eze ndigbo (igbo affair).,is giving them insomnia ??

This generation of yorobass are FOOLISH AND DEVILISH !!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
Trut:
A Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere Renewal Group, has denounced what it described as an unrelenting desecration of Yoruba culture by the Igbo communities’ obsession with having a crowned king in Yoruba domains.

In a statement on Friday, the group said the title of Eze Ndigbo in Yorubaland is not backed by any customary law and is therefore considered alien.

Continue reading here www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/191631-afenifere-asks-south-west-governors-obas-to-de-recognise-eze-ndigbos-in-yorubaland.html

How about the emir of kwara, is he Yoruba grin

9 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
Lol raumdeuter you sef follow me come here. The man u thread is deserted

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
I am happy with whats happening I wont lie, everything is just going exactly as I planned it abd prayed for, doh I pray igbos dont loose there life during the transition.

2 Likes

Firefire:
I don't support this call outrightly but...

“It is globally accepted that there cannot be two kings in the same domain as there cannot be two captains in the same boat.”

However, this calls is against the spirit of National Unity and Oneness, BUT our Igbo brothers and sisters should tread softly and let understand our limitation when on foreign land until the law is amended.

Agba ki wa lo ja, ki ori omo tuntun wo oooo.

I am proudly Nigerian and not advocating for any tribe / race.

We have eze ndigbo in all the geopolitical zones in nigeria, we also have them abroad so chill u chronic yoruba tribal bigot...

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by FreeGlobe(f): 12:00am On Oct 17, 2015
superstar1:
[s]I am waiting for those jokers of Ohaneze to issue their usual lame ultimatum of going to ICC.

They do not have an iota of resoecr for others.

To them, yorubas are dirty and Aba and Onitsha are like the way they are. There is no place in the whole of yorubaland that is like those despicable cesspit of Aba and Onitsha.

To them, every other person is lazy because they are not into following their crime infested lives. At best they are involved in a no brainer of sabotaging our economy by dealing in only importation of fake products.

Bunch of clowns[/s].
Yoruba should stop diverting attention. A yoruba general has just been sentenced to death, Fualnis have captured the entire yorubaland. These are the real issues. Yorubas should man up and confront their masters and not picking side battles. Anyway, the news is a welcome development for some reasons.

8 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 17, 2015
Lushore1:

One nigeria does not mean you have to disrespect other culture and tradition.

Please read his post.
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by FreeGlobe(f): 12:04am On Oct 17, 2015
emmalexabl:
Afeniferere are bunch of confused old fools who decided to chase rat when their brown roof house is on fire..
Fulanis have been desecrating their land and kidnapping their obas and they never coughed.,so how come eze ndigbo (igbo affair).,is giving them insomnia ??

This generation of yorobass are FOOLISH AND DEVILISH !!
Don't mind them, they want to pick side battles to divert attention from the impending doom from fulani herdsmen in yorubaland. A yoruba general was just sentenced to death. This afenifere couldn't even respond to their arewa masters when they asked them to shut up

10 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 17, 2015
wirinet:
Can someone explain to me exactly what eze ndigbo means and what his functions are. Is he akin to a king?, because according to this Akure saga, he wore a crown (some say it is a cap) and royal regalia to see the Deji, he is also said to have come with some chiefs. Is he a market leader? because the bone of contention was who is to be appointed or elected market leader.

If the the Eze Ndigbo is not well defined, the Igbos will always have issues wherever the migrate. Imagine an Eze Ndigbo of London wearing a crown or cap in front of the Queen of England claiming to the the king of Igbos in London.
if in london u dont wear crown before the queen u won't be allowed to come in and u wud be asked to remove it or leave, u people allowed him pass the Obas gate security guards didnt tell him, he passed doors, greeted people nobody told him, was ushered to the palace while he waited for the Oba nobody told him, then when the oba came they used it as an excuse to carry out there plans, and to proove my assertions true the day it happened was not a weekend neither was a festival going on, how did youths appear suddenly with kane, youths up to that number for that matter, u guys shud just tell the world the truth u yorubas and your oba had him in mind that; that day was his day. fullstop.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 17, 2015
Tunguy01:
My best friend is an igbo , weneva he reads thread abt tribe, his mood swings , I dnt like d idea of me sleeping wit 1 eye opened, I always avoid any argument dat has 2 do wit religion,tribal or politics, I hate dem all.,God help the gullible youths.

U are afraid that ur best friend will kill u

Yoruba people r fiercely stupidd.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 17, 2015
Long overdue, I wonder why the quietness all this time.

It appears my people are beginning to drop the 'sophisticated' toga. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by wirinet(m): 12:05am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:
I am happy with whats happening I wont lie, everything is just going exactly as I planned it abd prayed for, doh I pray igbos dont loose there life during the transition.

Careful what you pray for, you just might get it.
Would achieving biafra mean Ndigbo would not have Eze Ndigbo anywhere in what is left of Nigeria. Does it mean also that Ndigbo would not live and trade anywhere in Yoruba or hausa land ?

What exactly would change for the Igbos in diaspora (what is left of Nigeria) after achieving Biafra?

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 17, 2015
Kagawa10:

Shameless people!

Anything that concerns igbos de pain u badly.....

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 17, 2015
wirinet:

Careful what you pray for, you just might get it.
Would achieving biafra mean Ndigbo would not have Eze Ndigbo anywhere in what is left of Nigeria. Does it mean also that Ndigbo would not live and trade anywhere in Yoruba or hausa land ?

What exactly would change for the Igbos in diaspora (what is left of Nigeria) after achieving Biafra?
I dont want Biafra but if my plans ever come to past u yorubas would wish they gave Igbos Biafra when they had the chance.
if igbos were to hv Biafra there would be no fun in it anymore.
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by FreeGlobe(f): 12:08am On Oct 17, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
I told Igbos yesterday that the Yorubas in Ondo state don't mess around,they thought i was cracking jokes because i added smileys. They're even lucky its in Akure,if it was Ondo town, that eze might have been killed.Igbos think its the regular owambe-loving yorubas they see in Lagos they're dealing with grin grin cheesy. I kind of feel sorry for Igbos tho, they getting excessively fvcked these days
The issue in akure is even worse than in Lagos, fulani herdsmen are butchering and humiliating yorubas and yoruba elders in akure and ondo and the youths and their thug deji are no where to be found, instead, the yorubas are choosing to pick side battles with igbos.. I wonder what will happen when igbos begin to follow the footsteps of fulani's in yorubaland

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Lushore1: 12:09am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

story is now changing from u people saying he wore a crown to the obas palace, its now they protested, I don't know y I hv d feeling that if someone neutral analyzes the story constructively it would be affirmed that the Eze is innocent;
from the stories the igbos hv a market at one certain place like that, and thats an igbo dominated/ igbo area if I cud say based on assessments the same way yorubas hv tailoring shops in the east and northerners hv there goat and cattle market too with there various leaders and representatives yet nobody cares as far as they deliver, so the igbo traders there hold a meeting to elect a leader to be in charge of the market to aid in cleaning the environment and the rest(if the market had yoruba traders or had a leadership before now it was never stated anywhere, d igbos there just thought of it as a way to ease there work), then d yorubas hear about it, Ondo is still backward so if there thinking is backward it won't be a surprise, they start with there way of thinking"thats how they behave, that's how they said Lagos is a no mans land, now they want to bring it to yoruba land, we wud teach them a lesson" they went and stopped the leadership of the market for reasons known to them, igbo traders there who were annoyed by it, thinking they were living with there brothers who treated them with equality went to protest PEACEFULLY, they waited knowing they were coming staged youths with canes and pounced on them, and started reversing the story.

Its not your eze responsiblity to choose market leader anywhere in yorubaland, you need to go and find out what "oja oba" means and just remember that this tradition predate nigeria itself.

6 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by IGBOSON1: 12:09am On Oct 17, 2015
liberty300:
yes, cursed indeed...

^^^Which city is this?
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by FreeGlobe(f): 12:10am On Oct 17, 2015
9jacrip:
Long overdue, I wonder why the quietness all this time.

It appears my people are beginning to drop the 'sophisticated' toga. grin grin grin
But when will your coward people begin to drop the sophisticated toga on fulanis or is it because igbos have chosen to be peaceful?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Breaking: PDP Sweeps Rivers Rerun Elections- Premium-Times(photos) / Obasanjo Flogs Adebayo Molaja's Wife With Horse Whip Over Theft -SaharaReporters / Buhari Used As An Example Of A Bad Leader During Lectures In Scotland University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.