Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! (34133 Views)

World Food Day Is Today. What's Your Favorite Food? / Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! / The Rat I And My Younger Brother Killed And Ate Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by Eghosa1(m): 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2015
Hello Friends, How was your day yesterday?

October 16th Every Year is WORLD FOOD DAY as decided by the UN FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL ORGANIZATION in 1979.

It is a day set aside to raise awareness and demand action from all and sundry about the plight of hungry citizens worldwide. It is estimated that 795million around the globe do not have enough food to eat. In Nigeria, the figures are more than 20million. Isn't this both staggering and unacceptable?

@FoodClique Support Initiative is an organization radically doing its best to end hunger. We are a group of young Nigerians committed towards ensuring a future without hunger for kids and elders. Since 2011, we've raised voices and demanded action from government and the corporate cycle to pay more attention towards the undernourished / food deprived / poor citizens of the community and this year's world food day marked another action march against hunger for us.

Members of FoodClique celebrated #WFD2015 by holding a symposium to discuss on this year's theme 'SOCIAL PROTECTION AND AGRICULTURE: BREAKING THE CYCLE OF RURAL POVERTY'. Panelists included seasoned technocrats and idea strategists. Their inputs enabled us map out, refine / enhance collaborative ideas and strategies on ways to curb the hunger menace. Proceeding, we visited the MAKOKO SLUM, OKOBABA DESTITUTE HOME, AND SURA to donate food to over 2000 needy young children and individuals.

Also, We signed petitions committing ourselves to acheiving a #ZeroHunger generation by 2030. I believe with enough political commitment, adequate social protection policies / funding, public and private collaboration in agriculture, health and education, the beginning of the end for hunger will kick off.

I enjoin you to download our app on google playstore [ type FoodClique] and raise your voice by signing the petition. You can also volunteer, advocate and donate to our cause.

It is our conviction that there should be no place for hunger in a world of plenty and we are committed to achieving this dream. We are determined to give to this world what we believe is missing.

Do share your thoughts with Us on how we can achieve a Food Secure world (Zero Hunger by 2030) and break the cycle of rural poverty.

Below are some photos of our activities to mark yesterday.

#2015WorldFoodDay

cc seun lalasticlala ymodulus Shinaf semid4lyfe aieromon initialize gadgetmobil jarus justi4jesu elijahdre

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by Eghosa1(m): 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2015
Here's more photos. Our chinese volunteers also drummed support.

Join us @ www.foodclique.org :: Facebook.com/foodclique ::
Twitter.com/foodclique ::
Instagram >> @FoodCliqueSupport

1 Like

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by Eghosa1(m): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2015
We had a couple of stars.

1 Like

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by Eghosa1(m): 3:30pm On Oct 17, 2015
Members! #EndHungerNow

1 Like

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by Eghosa1(m): 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2015
Activities leading up to World Food Day!

We got a cow etc etc. Thankfully, all we planned out worked!

I hope the mods do justice to this post by moving it to the front page so we can fully discuss and share ideas. A hunger free generation is possible with us.

cc @lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2015
Fp thinz. grin

Showing some luv. grin

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by buzquet(m): 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
Am waiting for WORLD SEX DAY, then u c will see my best too

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by Sweetyie(f): 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
Nice. Op wey my own rice
Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by adonbilivit: 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
una try. nobody can come on here and ask "who una help"? na amadioha and sango go do collabo for their head if them try am

4 Likes

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
Lolzz and look at how my uncle celebrated it below grin

Viewers discretion advised pls cheesy grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by Richie0974: 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2015
Thumbs up bro.
A hand that gives never lacks.

2 Likes

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by lekjons(m): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2015
i was expecting to see u and ur friends eating from abôki pepper baskets
Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by Olusharp(m): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2015
There seems to be no day there is not something to celebrate,the other day it was NoBraDay,how funny guys clamoring for NoBoxerDay, will just leave my john Thomas playing around and those girls giggling about what is dancing in my short as i swagger around...Now is food day guess we need poo day too....
Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by DoTheNeedful: 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2015
Mtcheeew angry. I was expecting op to be seated with a bucket of eba and a bowl of egusi soup in his front grin grin and not forgetting a keg of palm wine

1 Like

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by ichommy(m): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2015
grin

4 Likes

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by allanphash7(m): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2015
World food day while so many homes are dying of hunger

Honestly Nigeria should not supposed to be participating in this kind of event

Imagine world Food day and am yet to eat since yesterday

Smh

4 Likes

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by gbolaskblog(m): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2015
Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by ogaofficer(m): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2015
Pls read my signature. I beg
Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2015
owk...
Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2015
GOD BLESS AND KEEP THEM IN JESUS NAME.

3 Likes

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by Seuncoded(f): 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
Ok
Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by oluwamichael93(m): 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
Gud smiley
Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by ShakurM(m): 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
when No Bra Day is celebrated more than World food day... you know something is wrong with this world!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2015
yummy angry
Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by ADULTBASE(m): 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2015
CAN I JOIN YOU IN EATING COS EATING BE MY BEST Friend after Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by anumide(f): 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2015
allanphash7:
World food day while so many homes are dying of hunger

Honestly Nigeria should not supposed to be participating in this kind of event

Imagine world Food day and am yet to eat since yesterday

Smh
the very essence of the event is to make people aware that hungry people like you live in their neighborhood, so that they can help your life

3 Likes

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by SylarsMcQuins: 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2015
Una try, clap for ursefs.

When is world's music day?

Arc City Act Larry Kuti just released a single and its tittled "Olowo Fe Dabira"

Download as you enjoy ur weekend
www.ipunjab.me/singles/download/2929/Olowo-Fe-Dabira-by-Larry-Kuti.html
Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by WHOcarex: 4:14pm On Oct 17, 2015
HungerBad, hope you ate yesterday? Na because of you them create that day o. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by caslord(m): 4:14pm On Oct 17, 2015
Nice btw I rushed in to see op seated with bowls of rice and gigantic meats with crates of orijin but alas I was greatly disappointed... Hit like if am right and shares if I'm wrong angry

2 Likes

Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by NaLaugh: 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2015
cool
Re: How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2015
OK... When is World F*** Day? cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is Bag Of Pure Water In Your Area? / Photos: Nigerian Man Wins Spicy Food Challenge In China / Natural Method Of Weight Reduction And Flat Tummy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.