Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,375 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:25 PM

Natural Hair Care - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Natural Hair Care (7454 Views)

Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) / For Ladies On Natural Hair:How To Plan A Healthy Hair Care Routine / Free E-Centre: "Tonning Cream, Hair Care And Skin Care lecture Forum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Natural Hair Care by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
Where is MaraCruiz?? Pls come and continue
Re: Natural Hair Care by extyme: 2:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
ave been keepin my natural hair 4 a year n four months still no progress d tips r nt even touching my neck... *so sad!
Re: Natural Hair Care by mysticgal(f): 6:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
tchidi:

Tihihihi!!! Me sef, half way, I go cut am o... I've given up hope on Kareena Kapoor length. embarassed undecided angry
I'm rocking my funky low cut. grin
Abi? Low cut sure pass
Re: Natural Hair Care by MaraCruiz(f): 7:06am On Nov 18, 2015
Please don't give up ladies @ extyme, tchidi and mystical. You are yet to discover ways to take care of your hair type. You know our black hair needs special care.

Look into your hair regime. Do you moisturize enough? Our hair can dry out a lot because of it's kinky texture. Just like grass, when we water it, it revives and bounces back.

How do you detangle your hair? When do you comb your hair? When wet or when dry? Combing dry hair cuts hair. Also learn to comb from ends to root. Have. You tried finger detangling before combing?

Spritz hair with water, use leave in conditioner to soften hair, gently detangle with fingers. You can follow up with comb if you wish.

Most times I just detangle my girl's hair with fingers and she is good to go. We can go a month without combing.

1 Like

Re: Natural Hair Care by MaraCruiz(f): 7:10am On Nov 18, 2015
I would love to hear your specific challenges s I can tackle them one by one.
Re: Natural Hair Care by MaraCruiz(f): 7:11am On Nov 18, 2015
@ rainyday. Am here and at your service smiley
Re: Natural Hair Care by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 18, 2015
Gbam!! Aunty teacher....

My hair is always dry... I need a moisturiser! NHB meet up is not in Abuja, I for attend. Do you. Have a website I can look through your products?
I. Don't have anything for my hair. Just my shampoo and conditioner that was a gift. And a few oils I spritz on the hair.. embarassed lipsrsealed. I'll try that finger detangling ish...

Mysticgal, comman ask ya kwelshion o!
Re: Natural Hair Care by MaraCruiz(f): 7:51am On Nov 18, 2015
How do we moisturize our natural hair and retain the moisture for a well hydrated, moist, supple and glowing hair?

Water is the universal moisturizer. But water alone can't keep the hair moisturized for a long time because water is always on the move and so the hair moisture levels are always in a state of Flux.

Water has the tendency to rapidly enter and exit hair's cuticle and cortex. So for effective moisturizing of hair, we need water, humectant, emollients and occlusive agents.

1.To simplify this, a simple hair regime will be: spritz hair with just water( or water + a humectant(eg glycerin).

2.Then use a water based cream or leave in conditioner that has emollients.

3. And lock in the moisture from escaping with an occlusive agent eg Oil or butter.

This will keep your hair moisturized for long
Re: Natural Hair Care by MaraCruiz(f): 8:08am On Nov 18, 2015
Yes @tchidi.
Re: Natural Hair Care by mysticgal(f): 9:36am On Nov 18, 2015
tchidi:
Gbam!! Aunty teacher....

My hair is always dry... I need a moisturiser! NHB meet up is not in Abuja, I for attend. Do you. Have a website I can look through your products?
I. Don't have anything for my hair. Just my shampoo and conditioner that was a gift. And a few oils I spritz on the hair.. embarassed lipsrsealed. I'll try that finger detangling ish...

Am tired of being a junkie, I have tried so many products and I can't see any improvements. I'll just leave it cry
Re: Natural Hair Care by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2015
MaraCruiz:
Yes @tchidi. Here is our webpage address: www.maracruizorganics.com but it is currently not up.

At the meantime you can check our instagram page: www.instagram.com/maracruizorganics

I added you on bbm. Let's talk there. smiley
@ mysticgal: ok o... me I'm not a junky. I no even de rub anything for the hair. Only water and oil... maybe na why e no de grow sef. undecided embarassed
Re: Natural Hair Care by Destinygrl(f): 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
op how can I retain length? my hair has a tendency of growing to a certain length and then breaks off
it hates deep conditioning and any thing that makes water to stay on my hair for long
Re: Natural Hair Care by Mariesio: 6:56pm On Nov 21, 2015
On Feb 10th 2015, I cut off my 19years permed hair really low. Looked like a boy until I started plaiting it again. Now, the plaited tip is longer than when it was permed. Fuller and the edges are covered. I am not going to add relaxer even the so called texturiser

1 Like

Re: Natural Hair Care by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2015
I cut off my long permed hair and now completely natural with a puffy afro lol, I do protective styles and currently have on kinky twist. I'm trying to go completely natural with hair products, I use a mixture of extra virgin raw coconut oil and shea butter to both moisturize and deep condition. I'm also thinking of adding extra virgin Olive oil, the only problem is finding an all natural shampoo, I currently use Dr Miracle, any suggestions please?
Re: Natural Hair Care by kelechiMarie(f): 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
Okada drop me here coolgbam. @op I just cut off my hair and I want to start growing it again. Natural this time grin
Re: Natural Hair Care by MaraCruiz(f): 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
@destinygrl: you really have to experiment to see what your hair loves. Your hair might be low porosity. Have you tried using products on dry hair? Try applying deep conditioner to a dry haiR and see how your hair takes it.

@kelechi & Marie, you are welcome on board.
Re: Natural Hair Care by MaraCruiz(f): 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
great

1 Like

Re: Natural Hair Care by mgbo: 7:38am On Nov 23, 2015
How can I get de hair growth simulator n what is de price?
Re: Natural Hair Care by MaraCruiz(f): 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
Yeah

1 Like

Re: Natural Hair Care by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 03, 2015
My products have arrived!! Moisturising cream, leave-in and coconut oil!! Yay! cheesy
Well done Mara Cruiz

Re: Natural Hair Care by mysticgal(f): 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2015
I need those ya cream, how much maracruiz, although I don't do bbm
Re: Natural Hair Care by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 08, 2015
Maracruiz, is this thread for natural angels only cos im relaxed
Re: Natural Hair Care by enygmababe: 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mariacruiz, I just did a big chop on 15/1/16. My hair is low porosity. Please what should be my hair regimen; what should I use for prepoo and what should be the content of my spritz can? I am thinking water honey and argan oil? Please advice
Re: Natural Hair Care by zebelle(f): 11:12am On Aug 27, 2016
Testimonies from our customers, Are you still in doubt. Are you transitioning or going natural and your hair is breaking or shedding. Do you want Healthy Hair and Thicker Hair. Wait no more, try our duo hair treatment infused with the finest herbs and essential oils. 100 percent organic and vegan. Suitable for all genders, all hair types, and kids also. Contact us at whatapp 08186730813 or call us

Re: Natural Hair Care by zebelle(f): 11:19am On Aug 27, 2016
enygmababe:
Mariacruiz, I just did a big chop on 15/1/16. My hair is low porosity. Please what should be my hair regimen; what should I use for prepoo and what should be the content of my spritz can? I am thinking water honey and argan oil? Please advice
Hi, you can use any oil for prepoo like coconut oil, olive oil etc. I have low porosity hair and my regime include prepoo with my stimulating Growth oil, moisturizing shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner plus hot oil treatment, Apple cider vinegar rinse and using the L. O. C methods to moisture. For your spritz get a good leave in conditioner, water, vegetable glycerin, your favorite oil and voila you have your spritz. Honey can be used for your deep conditioner not spritz. For more follow me on instagram @zebellecurlsnatural or Facebook zebellecurlsnatural and group zebelle hair forum
Re: Natural Hair Care by zebelle(f): 11:24am On Aug 27, 2016
mysticgal:

Am tired of being a junkie, I have tried so many products and I can't see any improvements. I'll just leave it cry
Hi there, you can whatapp me on 08186730813 I was also a products junkie till I started doing this method.
Re: Natural Hair Care by zebelle(f): 11:37am On Aug 27, 2016
extyme:
ave been keepin my natural hair 4 a year n four months still no progress d tips r nt even touching my neck... *so sad!
It's sad dear try using our duo hair treatment suitable for natural hair. You will start seeing results as soon as possible. This is my result in just 10 month. Whatapp us at 08186730813 or call us

Re: Natural Hair Care by streem26: 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2017
OOps

1 Like

Re: Natural Hair Care by Bimbosl: 12:05am On May 01, 2017
The products that worked for me when i had slow growth was a leave in conditioner and carrot oil from @mayessenceskincare on IG. It worked well for me, im now obssessed with it lool
Re: Natural Hair Care by streem26: 4:04pm On May 06, 2017
tchidi:
Gbam!! Aunty teacher....

Make a moisturizing shampoo a staple. The acv rinses are good as a clarifying treatment but not too often. Everytime we wash our hair we have to rebuild that moisture back into it that we washed away. That may not happen right away. Sometimes it may take a few days of reapplying a lite leave-in and your oil to seal it in. Also,try not to use too much oil on shampoo day. Doing so can keep your daily product from entering the hair shaft. Also,make sure you wash with warm to not too hot water. This will open those cuticles so your products will get in there good. Then the last rinse have that water as cool as you can stand it. That will lock all that moisturizing goodness into the cuticle. I don't believe you mentioned a heating cap or a steamer. Those will help the conditioners and oils to penetrate.
Do protective styles like newaylook I hope something in this will help you. Keep us posted. Peace and Blessings.
[img] [/img]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bracelets / The Importance And Benefit Of Body Massage (for Ladies Only) / No Pants Subway Ride Proves Passengers Need Better Underwear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.