Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! (1036 Views)

The Northerners Don't Fear Biafra Anymore - See Their Fears / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Signed By Jewish Rabbi & Enyinnaya Abaribe In Abuja (Photos) / PMB Will Not Hand Over To Igbo The Way North Stupidly Handed Over To GEJ- Junaid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
Just a Reminder

excerpts from the article

....FOR ages now, the Igbo people of Nigeria have claimed to be one of the lost tribes of the Jewish family. The claim to the Jewish heritage by Igbo people has been marred in many controversies by many who discredit it while many others embrace it with all their souls.Both Igbos and non-Igbos partake in both acceptance and undermining of this claim. Does Igbo people really have Jewish heritage? This question remains the most phenomenal issue among the Igbos after their quest for Biafran independence.

Mr. Adeyinka Makinde on October 22, 2007, at a seminar in Cecil Sharp House, Camden Town in North London, delivered a speech on a special Black History event for the Jewish Museum. In his speech, he stressed on the point that one must not agree with him, that though not fully proven, the Igbos have a strong link with the Jews in the Holy land of Israel. Throughout his speech, he maintained that he is not Igbo and he is not Jewish but as a researcher, was compelled to doing so based on the level of connection discovered already by researchers on this issue.

....It is imperative to note striking similarities in many aspects of life between the two people’s socio-religious beliefs and way of life. First, Igbos are adventurous and aggressive like the Jews. The Igbo and Jewish customs permit a man to raise children from his brother’s widow. Both the Igbos and the Jews have a common tradition of lengthy funeral ceremony (Genesis 50:1-3). Igbos and the Jews have common circumcision date, the eight-day following the delivering of every male child. Igbos and the Jews use intermediaries in marriage negotiations and make a thorough family background check, this is practicable in Igboland up to the present time. Abraham did it while negotiating Rebecca for Isaac (Genesis 24.). The late Professor Dike’s book: The Living Document of Ekwulobia, which was expanded by I.C.U Enochusi propagated that Igbos have three origins and settled in their homes in two different periods.

....All these wouldn’t make much meaning if the wooden stool in Nri, which is considered as the cradle of Igbos does not exist, more so existing in the said location before Igbos made any contact with outsiders. The wooden stool is said to be made from a wood whose tree only exists or grows in the city of Jerusalem. This appears to be one of the most compelling pieces of evidence of Igbo Jewish heritage that ignited former Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin to send delegates to Igboland in search of “Eri” with the purpose of establishing this fact. The research in this regard is still on but to what extent can one think of Igbos having Jewish origin or the possibility of Jews springing out from Igbos still rages.

To the Thomas(S), u can doubt all you want but you see that bolded sentence, its just to remind yáll that we are not just telling tales by moon light like una alleged waka from sudan or the oduduwa free fall from heaven grin grin grin , We are of Jewish stock, Believe it or not. cool

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/09/are-igbo-the-lost-black-jewish-tribe/
Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by angelberton(f): 9:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
You are not ashamed claiming another people's ancestry because of fame hyped by fictional tales of the bible!

What happened to Amadioha?

So you are prepared to prostitute your tribe even to non-bidders?

What a shameless and confused tribe with no pride!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by Yellowson(m): 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2015
Yeah am a jew but am not a jewman grin
Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
angelberton:
You are not ashamed claiming another people's ancestry because of fame hyped by fictional tales of the bible!

Since you know too much about my tribe, Tell me about amadioha, ewu if u don't have any reasonable thing to say, just shut up. By the way, this thread isn''t for ur group, Kindly poke ur nose where it should be.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by angelberton(f): 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2015
willow0802:

Since you know too much about my tribe, Tell me about amadioha, ewu if u don't have any reasonable thing to say, just shut up. By the way, this thread isn''t for ur group, Kindly poke ur nose where it should be.

You are an unmitigated idiot and unwavering tribal bigot!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 17, 2015
Yorubas and Fulanis are also Jewish if that's d point you want to say. google.com is their for u to use
Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
I am proudly omo odua from osun but I am presently living in the north, An average Igbo being is arrogant, full of empty pride and ego but as a psychologist I understand and live with them but respond with fire when they cross my red line. to be honest the eze ndi-igbo messed up in akure incidence instead of him to respect the oba and lay low for a while and pull strings while at it, he decided to turn the deji of akure's levity to stupidity and the youths decided to protect their culture/heritage their tradition but instead of e-igbo warriors to correct their brothers they seem to have deliberately, blindly toed the eze's path. The fact that you spit on a Yoruba man 7 times and he did not react does not mean he is weak, we are peace loving people but I can promise you one thing fear is not in our dictionary but my Igbo brothers will see every calm reaction as trait of weakness that's a wrong notion. secondly the Igbo community pounced so hard on oba akiolu during the last election I keenly followed and even apologised on behalf of the oba, its not cause we are weak it cause we are peaceful in nature need I remind you no Yoruba man living and working in Onitsha will insult the obi of Onitsha and go scot free but you Igbos have such leverage why try to use it against us in Yoruba land?? now the akure youths having observed you people are rude kids that needs to be flogged to their right senses you Igbos now play victims, please to avoid another flogging... respect the Yoruba culture, obas and laws then you will have nothing to worry about, cause now the igbos are painting a bad picture of them on Yoruba minds. don't let other Yoruba's react ohh. just an advice. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by Fash20: 10:42pm On Oct 17, 2015
Propaganda from the bottom of hell
Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 17, 2015
AN AVERAGE IGBO MAN IQ IS GENERALLY LOW, so i wont take d OP serious

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by vanbonattel: 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2015
angelberton:

Ikpu ezi,
why did your people abandon shango to worship arab traditions, onuku?
Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by vanbonattel: 11:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
kingsolex:
I am proudly omo odua from osun but I am presently
living in the north,
An average Igbo being is arrogant, full of empty pride and
ego but as a psychologist I understand and live with
them but respond with fire when they cross my red line.
to be honest the eze ndi-igbo messed up in akure
incidence instead of him to respect the oba and lay low
for a while and pull strings while at it, he decided to turn
the deji of akure's levity to stupidity and the youths
decided to protect their culture/heritage their tradition
but instead of e-igbo warriors to correct their brothers
they seem to have deliberately, blindly toed the eze's
path.
The fact that you spit on a Yoruba man 7 times and he
did not react does not mean he is weak, we are peace
loving people but I can promise you one thing fear is not
in our dictionary but my Igbo brothers will see every calm
reaction as trait of weakness that's a wrong notion.
secondly the Igbo community pounced so hard on oba
akiolu during the last election I keenly followed and even
apologised on behalf of the oba, its not cause we are
weak it cause we are peaceful in nature need I remind
you no Yoruba man living and working in Onitsha will
insult the obi of Onitsha and go scot free but you Igbos
have such leverage why try to use it against us in Yoruba
land??
now the akure youths having observed you people are
rude kids that needs to be flogged to their right senses
you Igbos now play victims,
please to avoid another flogging... respect the Yoruba
culture, obas and laws then you will have nothing to
worry about,
cause now the igbos are painting a bad picture of them
on Yoruba minds. don't let other Yoruba's react ohh.
just an advice. God bless Nigeria.

respect which yeye tradition? where people prostrate like lizards? abegggi!
Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by angelberton(f): 11:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
vanbonattel:

Ikpu ezi,
why did your people abandon shango to worship arab traditions, onuku?

Who are my people, you bag of stale stench?
Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by vanbonattel: 11:38pm On Oct 17, 2015
angelberton:

Who are my people, you bag of stale stench?

those confused fellows who wear twisted funny looking caps and parachutes for clothes with long facial scratches like they fought with lions cheesy
Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by OBAGADAFFI: 11:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
Some people don't even know who the Jews are and how they are different from other Israelis.

How can you claim to be Jew, when Jews are brake- away groups from Israel.
Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by angelberton(f): 11:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
vanbonattel:

those confused fellows who wear twisted funny looking caps and parachutes for clothes with long facial scratches like they fought with lions cheesy

You are wrong!
Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by GooseBaba: 6:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
I recently watched a documentary on Netflix in regards to Jews that fled Israel. It covered the Lemba tribe in Zimbabwe. Just like this article they have similar cultural claims.

Their story was unique in the sense that they were descendant of preisthood that carried the ark of covenant in battle. In turns out that in every battle they carried a wooden ark to bring them victory. Their historical story, claims that they were defeated in battle. Hence, their escape to Sinai, where they boarded a ship that took them to their present location. Also a DNA test solidified their claims.

Can any Nigerian Jew. Narrate how their ancestors migrated from Israel without quoting the Bible..?
Re: Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 19, 2015
lost Jewish tribe. *yinmu*

for the sake of Nigeria I hope they all relocate to Israel to form their Biafra.

I suspect huge inferiority complex issues here,

why does a group of people feel the need to associate themselves and even claim ancestry to the Jews to feel relevant.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra:what Fr Mbaka Said About His Video / Biafra Does Not Exist Anywhere By Mr. Steve Nwosu / Nigerians Yet Unborn Would Remember Jonathan For His Invaluable Services – Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.