Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,766 members, 7,806,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God (51161 Views)

10 Bible Verses To Read On OVERCOMING TRIALS / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by menxer: 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
Onlyhandsome:
pls friends I can't create a topic datz y am writing here. but if u can help me to create one. I've dis health challenges now, am currently have a serious itching in my anus and I don't no wat to do. pls I need advice and anybody who has suffered such can help asap. if dot mind help me n make it a topic for discussion as to get full in-house advice. thanks as u help.

Use a PC, use the default phone bowser as most third party browsers doesn't have the option to create a post on NL.

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by hahn(m): 2:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
Estharfabian:
Another wannabe Atention seeking Atheist/ Realist as they call themselves roaming the streets...shocked

And by the way...Prayer doesn't seem hard...It's the easiest Thing to do..what's so Hard there?? .undecided You should try it sometime...maybe the only reason God Doesn't Answer Ur prayers is because you keep deluding yourself unduly thinking He doesn't Exist..undecided

You're in forlorn sweery...You F*king need Jesus!

Why dhould I bother praying to something that doesn't exist. Despite the prayers you and your deluded lots keep deceiving yourselves with, Nigeria is only better than war torn countries.

Your god is only a figment of your imagination. The next time your family member is sick, take them to the church instead of a hospital.

Even pastors take medication and then thank a god that didn't do anything to make them better. You know why? Even they don't believe that igbe

5 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by cnsprince76: 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
Thanks for the guide.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
God have answered me many times and i still beleive in Him for more answers.

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Sparkle777(f): 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
Joshuabase:
how can Africans be so dedicated to a religion that was forced upon their ancestors by another culture?

This Baffles me, do we really see the white man as Superiors even till ttoday?

Whoever told u Christianity is a white mans religion? The whites or Scandinavians had their own gods ie odin,thor etc. In all, the true God created the heavens and the earth and Jesus is His Son. Try call on Jesus, He is the Lord. Amen.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Dekadet(m): 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
Onlyhandsome:
pls friends I can't create a topic datz y am writing here. but if u can help me to create one. I've dis health challenges now, am currently have a serious itching in my anus and I don't no wat to do. pls I need advice and anybody who has suffered such can help asap. if dot mind help me n make it a topic for discussion as to get full in-house advice. thanks as u help.
hello my brother, I've been postin on facebook & nairaland that people with very embarrassing ailment should feel free & confide in other people, who knows one could get a solution. Thnx for this post.

Now, have u ever heard of 'Kedi health products', google it up. Then come back and contact me, let me give u the prescription and the amount if u need the drugs. Or call my sponsor & major distributor of kedi health products in kaduna. Mr. Abdullahi on 07067792112. He'll help a great deal. Tell him his boy who just moved to Abuja refered u to him, my no. Is . Thnx once again.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
hahn:

Why dhould I bother praying to something that doesn't exist. Despite the prayers you and your deluded lots keep deceiving yourselves with, Nigeria is only better than war torn countries.

Your god is only a figment of your imagination. The next time your family member is sick, take them to the church instead of a hospital.

Even pastors take medication and then thank a god that didn't do anything to make them better. You know why? Even they don't believe that igbe
Awwwe! embarassed You poor tormented Lost soul....."grin" How Repugnant! sad really SAD!

LoL! I don't Talk Much....Buh Anyways...undecided Believe what You Must...It's Your life...Just don't Say trash about Other people's beliefs, that's where You're f*king wrong!! angry

I believe God Exists....And You don't...Leave it at That...You opening the thread only to condemn a Religion is Childish, Obnoxious and Pejorative! undecided

sweery...No One is forcing you to accept Christ...Just do the Christians one favour...LEAVE THE BELIEVERS ALONE MR Atheist!! "grin"

4 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by royalgordino: 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
Pls anyone with Idea on event planning and management training in kd shld hook me up on royalgordino@gmail.com or 08035330234.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by fattbabakay(m): 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
LEOSIRSIR:
Praise God
Ok
guyz today is my birthday oo u should all show some love with like
u wanna chop it??

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
Sparkle777:

Whoever told u Christianity is a white mans religion? The whites or Scandinavians had their own gods ie odin,thor etc. In all, the true God created the heavens and the earth and Jesus is His Son. Try call on Jesus, He is the Lord. Amen.

Oh would you just shut up, you practice a white man's religion and not you're ancestor's religion because you see the white man as Superiors

Why didn't any of the Bible stories involve black Africans? Because the Christian God is racist and imaginary.

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ptoocool:

Another dumb christian

2 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ptoocool:

Another dumb christian

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by LEOSIRSIR(m): 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
The thing dey make belle sweet well well ask Intovert grin grin
fattbabakay:
u wanna chop it??
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by hahn(m): 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
Estharfabian:
Awwwe! embarassed You poor tormented Lost soul....."grin" How Repugnant! sad

LoL! I don't Talk Much....Buh Anyways...undecided Believe what You Must...It's Your life...Just don't Say trash about Other people's beliefs, that's where You're wrong!!

I believe God Exists....And You don't...Leave it at That...You opening the thread only to condemn a Religion is Childish, Obnoxious and Pejorative! undecided

sweery...No One is forcing you to accept Christ...LEAVE THE BELIEVERS ALONE MR Atheist!!

Gbovo, this is a public forum and as long as you and your deluded friends continue to post fairy tales as truths, always expect a rebuttal.

The fact that you believe doesn't make it real. It is only a belief.

@ "no one is forcing you to accept christ", now this statement is the height of hypocricy. Tell that to Christians who mount speakers on their churches screaming about the blood thirsty Jehovah or the christians who knock door to door telling people about how their "all loving god" is going to "burn" people who don't believe in his son(himself) who he sent to earth to be "murdered" to please "himself". Tell that to the Christians who ridicule the Allah and Islamic teachings(another set of utter nonsense by the way) while trying to prove that their god is the fake one.

You and your deluded lots are the ones running from crusade to crusade, praying at night vigils, sleeping with pastors, paying offerings just because of your insecurities while expecting an imaginary being, via wishful thinking, to perform miracles. When I have problems I seek for solutions, I don't "pray" for miracles.

Newsflash: The last time god was said to have performed any miracle, by biblical accounts anyways, was over 2,000 years ago when there were no cameras or possibility of authentification.

The "god" you worship is a hoax and the only people beneffiting from it are pastorpreneurs. You need a reality check

4 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by slap1(m): 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
Psalm 119 vs 89

"For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven."

Psalm 89:34

"My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips."
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by eleko1: 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
GOD is a SPIRIT.Becareful,He can turn u to Rodent.
hahn:
The only reason why prayer seems hard is because you are talking to your imagination. How can something that doesn't exist answer your prayers?

And god has to stoop so low and demand all these things just to answer a prayer? undecided
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by imcfuta: 2:50pm On Oct 18, 2015
hahn:

Aro candidate. May God forgive you for you do not know what you are saying.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by peleson: 2:50pm On Oct 18, 2015
Nice! Very insightful
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Walspring: 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
When people ask amiss during prayer, the prayer will not be answered.

Sin can hinder answers to prayers as well

Unbelieve can also hinder prayers not to be answered that's when you don't believe that God can answer your prayers

If you don't have faith that God can answe your prayer it can hinder your prayer because you already doubting him like doubting Thomas.

2 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Chivasex: 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
LEOSIRSIR:
Praise God
Ok
guyz today is my birthday oo u should all show some love with like
happy birthday

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by DJMCOTTY(m): 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
tola9jaa:
CONVERSATION BETWEEN A
PASTOR AND A
WISE
CHILD:
Pastor: In Jesus Name.
Child: in the Name of who created Jesus and
other things
Pastor: hmm, Why did you say
that?
Child: let's me ask you these
questions, if you could answer them correctly, I
shall abide by
your
doctrine.
Pastor: I am all Hear.
Child: Why do we call Jesus the son of God?
Pastor: it is because, he didn't
have a father .
Child: What of Adam that has
neither father nor
mother or Eve that did not have mother
Pastor: hmm
Child: why some people call him
God.
Pastor: This is because He is
Alpha and omega; the controller of everything.
Child: Did Jesus die and
resurrect?
Pastor: yes, died for three days
and resurrect.
Child: Who was administering day and nights,
moons and sun, animals and
plants, living and
non livings within the two days
of his departure?
Pastor: hmmmm Child: Do you think as mighty as
God is ,he can
create what He can't control
Pastors: Noo
Child : Why did Death kill Jesus
or why is he pleading to someone else to
rescue him.
Pastor: Metaphysics
Child: Metaphysics what?
Child: Lol, it seems you don't
have anything to offer me, because d answers u
ar giving me ar
lyk poo.
Child: I will rather follow Allah
who created
everything including Jesus,Adam,eve etc, who
can
never die because He created
death.
I will rather follow the
invincible and Invisible God of everything.
O God of the world, I m ready to
abide by you ,
no matter how some people
staging terrorist
such Bikoharram ,Isis,Al-Qaeda to
destroy Muslims
and
to tarnish the image of Islam, I
shall remain your
believer. Please, shower your abundant
pleasing on
Prophets Muhammad, Issa -
Jesus , Musa,
Ibrahim ,and a host of others .
Please ,forgive my sins and shower your
blessings
on me....(an amen from me
what about you)
ever heard the phrase "Right of worship?....... Why on earth are u trying to convince me that your religion is the right one? Stick to ur own opinion and stop blabbing.....

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by imcfuta: 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
hahn:

Gbovo, this is a public forum and as long as you and your deluded friends continue to post fairy tales as truths, always expect a rebuttal.

The fact that you believe doesn't make it real. It is only a belief.

@ "no one is forcing you to accept christ", now this statement is the height of hypocricy. Tell that to Christians who mount speakers on their churches screaming about the blood thirsty Jehovah or the christians who knock door to door telling people about how their "all loving god" is going to "burn" people who don't believe in his son(himself) who he sent to earth to be "murdered" to please "himself". Tell that to the Christians who ridicule the Allah and Islamic teachings(another set of utter nonsense by the way) while trying to prove that their god is the fake one.

You and your deluded lots are the ones running from crusade to crusade, praying at night vigils, sleeping with pastors, paying offerings just because of your insecurities while expecting an imaginary being, via wishful thinking, to perform miracles. When I have problems I seek for solutions, I don't "pray" for miracles.

Newsflash: The last time god was said to have performed any miracle, by biblical accounts anyways, was over 2,000 years ago when there were no cameras or possibility of authentification.
It
The "god" you worship is a hoax and the only people beneffiting from it are pastorpreneurs. You need a reality check
Who are you?
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by iliyande(m): 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
BRAINZBox:
Nice one....permission to copy?

Go ahead and let people know about it. God bless you

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by LEOSIRSIR(m): 3:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
Thanks buddy grin
Chivasex:

happy birthday
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by tpraiz(m): 3:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
Tnks for diz Op.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by importexpert(m): 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
nice post. so on point
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by ademiD(f): 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
nice post op, God bless you
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by DJMCOTTY(m): 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
tola9jaa:
Song of Solomon 7:1-13King James Version (KJV)

7 How beautiful are thy feet with shoes, O prince's daughter! the joints of thy thighs are like jewels, the work of the hands of a cunning workman.

2 Thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor: thy belly is like an heap of wheat set about with lilies.

3 Thy two[b] breasts[/b] are like two young roes that are twins.

4 Thy neck is as a tower of ivory; thine eyes like the fishpools in Heshbon, by the gate of Bathrabbim: thy nose is as the tower of Lebanon which looketh toward Damascus.

5 Thine head upon thee is like Carmel, and the hair of thine head like purple; the king is held in the galleries.

6 How fair and how pleasant art thou, O love, for delights!

7 This thy[b] stature is like to a palm tree, and thy breasts to clusters of grapes[/b].

8 I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples;

9 And the roof of thy mouth like the best wine for my beloved, that goeth down sweetly, causing the lips of those that are asleep to speak.

10 I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me.

11 Come, my beloved, let us go forth into the field; let us lodge in the villages.(EMIRATE STADIUM)LOL

12 Let us get up early to the vineyards; let us see if the vine flourish, whether the tender grape appear, and the pomegranates bud forth: there will I give thee my loves.

13 The mandrakes give a smell, and at our gates are all manner of pleasant fruits, new and old, which I have laid up for thee, O my beloved.

Ruth 3:1-4King James Version (KJV)

3 Then Naomi her mother in law said unto her, My daughter, shall I not seek rest for thee, that it may be well with thee?

2 And now is not Boaz of our kindred, with whose maidens thou wast? Behold, he winnoweth barley to night in the threshingfloor.

3 Wash thyself therefore, and anoint thee, and put thy raiment upon thee, and get thee down to the floor: but make not thyself known unto the man, until he shall have done eating and drinking.

4 And it shall be, when he lieth down, that thou shalt mark the place where he shall lie, and thou shalt go in, and uncover his feet, and lay thee down; and he will tell thee what thou shalt do.

Proverbs 7:11-14King James Version (KJV)

11 (She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:

12 Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)

13 So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,

14 I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.

PLEASE BE SINCERE SHOULD CHILDREN BE ALLOW TO READ THESE
so you went through the stress of typing all these just to ask a Dumb question
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by muhammed10: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
Give strong drink to those who are foolish let them drink and forget there sorrows ..such satanic advise from the bible for people to drink and forget there sorrows
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by baconadoke: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
Nice 1 kEep it up ok!
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by slap1(m): 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
Joshuabase:
how can Africans be so dedicated to a religion that was forced upon their ancestors by another culture?

This Baffles me, do we really see the white man as Superiors even till ttoday?

I guess your ancestors brought the internet too. And what's the address of your cave or mud house? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Caption This Picture Of Kumuyi Preaching To Aregbesola / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Gives N500k To Members Wgo Dropped 50 As Offering / German Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over 300 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.