Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God (51164 Views)

10 Bible Verses To Read On OVERCOMING TRIALS / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Sparkle777(f): 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
Joshuabase:

Oh would you just shut up, you practice a white man's religion and not you're ancestor's religion because you see the white man as Superiors

Why didn't any of the Bible stories involve black Africans? Because the Christian God is racist and imaginary.

Hmmm, sore and vexing, arent u? How rude. The re loads of black africans in the bible but u re too ignorant to know. Hagar s a black african. So was Zipporah, moses s wife. Queen of Sheba s black African. There re even blacks in Jesus lineage.
But racism wasnt an issue then as most Pharoahs were black, slaves then were mostly white hence slaves were derived from Slav. Modern slavery u know abt actually started with a black man named Johnson. Google is ur friend. Meanwhile, Jesus is Lord.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by deluxeT(m): 6:40am On Oct 19, 2015
And you that have itching in your anus, The Almighty God has set you free in Jesus name. Just like the centurion, you don't need to create any any topic, you don't even need any laying of hands but just believe in your heart, YOU ARE HEALED OF THAT ITCHING IN YOUR ANUS AND ANY OTHER INFIRMITY IN YOUR BODY IN JESUS NAME. Amen..... But remember to thank God and share your own testimony to perfect your healing.... Jesus loves you more than you can ever imagine.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by olexjay(m): 7:21am On Oct 19, 2015
May the Lord God answer my prayers whenever I called on him.. I'm bless in Jesus name!
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by kosokoadeyemi: 8:28am On Oct 19, 2015
Mean to tell us dat bible is real book
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by awa(m): 9:07am On Oct 19, 2015
This is the most lovely and encouraging stuff I have ever read in NL since 2005 I joined barely few weeks Seun open this Website. God bless you real good.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by jcross19: 10:36am On Oct 19, 2015
eleko1:
U see I don't engage a kid..I repeat,U are too small. Read 2 Cor 5:21,Matt 5:4,Luke 18:10-14.Isa 6:5.,57:15. I dnt just read the bible,I eat/squeeze the content.
like i have said keep quiet!!!! You on a thread and you dont who am i. You can never predict how God works and answer prayers so you can only guess. From the quotations i can sense that you read bible but lack the wisdom thereof. God is God in which no man can HIS way.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by jcross19: 10:53am On Oct 19, 2015
eleko1:
U see I don't engage a kid..I repeat,U are too small. Read 2 Cor 5:21,Matt 5:4,Luke 18:10-14.Isa 6:5.,57:15. I dnt just read the bible,I eat/squeeze the content.
exodus 2:23, exodus 17 : 4, exodus 14 : 10,judges 3:9,1samuel 7v9,psalm 34vs6. Infact read your bible .
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by free37: 11:27am On Oct 19, 2015
Hmm...
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by thony53820(m): 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
wengerly:

It's just impossible that we can't #ffuck# ourselves...it's not permitted in the Kingdom of the Lord God Almighty.

Trying to convince him and still using d "F" word? check yourself brother....Be blessed
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by drealdoc89(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2015
chuna1985:

God already knows all ur heart desires.
Yes He does but He still told us in HIS Word to ASK what we desire.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
drealdoc89:

Yes He does but He still told us in HIS Word to ASK what we desire.

It's unnecessary to tell God what he already knows.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by drealdoc89(m): 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
chuna1985:

It's unnecessary to tell God what he already knows.
If it is unnecessary, Jesus wont have told us in Matt. 7:7 to ask. Anyways, you are entitled to your own opinion and choice.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
drealdoc89:

If it is unnecessary, Jesus wont have told us in Matt. 7:7 to ask. Anyways, you are entitled to your own opinion and choice.

Jesus is a man of God, not a God.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Princiology(m): 8:00pm On May 26, 2019
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Princiology(m): 4:54pm On Jun 14, 2019
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Princiology(m): 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2019
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Kobojunkiee: 9:50pm On May 11, 2023
iliyande:
Christians pray, but we don't always feel we're very good at it.
Christians pray – it's what we do. But sometimes we don't feel like it, sometimes we wonder what it's achieving, and sometimes we just don't know how.
Here is a framework for prayer based on the word ACTS:
Adoration: begin by remembering who God is and praising him for his creation and redemption.
Confession: admit that you are not the person you ought to be and bring to mind the things that you've done wrong. Say you're sorry.
Thanksgiving: spend time thinking about the good things in your life and thank God for them. Count your blessings.
Supplication: last of all, ask God for things. We may not understand how prayer 'works', but we can still believe God hears us when we pray.
We can learn a lot about prayer from seeing how people prayed in the Bible. When we do that we see that they didn't always find it easy either and that they probably had many of the same questions and frustrations that we do.
So here are 10 verses to encourage us as we think about prayer (all NIV).
1. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4: 6-7)
2. When you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words (Matthew 6:7).
3. When you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind (James 1:6).
4. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective (James 5:16).
5. When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place (Psalm 118:5).
6. I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you (Matthew 5:44).
7. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans (Romans 8:26).
8. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth (Psalm 145:18).
9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
10. Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
I am afraid this is rather a framework of lies that ends up deceiving many away from the real truth of God which is that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; their every prayer, offering, sacrifice, pleas, work, praise, etc., is made filthy by their sins and is hence an unacceptable abomination to God who cannot accept unholiness.

Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of pleas. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

Ask yourself this, is God a liar? undecided
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by iliyande(m): 2:25pm On May 13, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
I am afraid this is rather a framework of lies that ends up deceiving many away from the real truth of God which is that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; their every prayer, offering, sacrifice, pleas, work, praise, etc., is made filthy by their sins and is hence an unacceptable abomination to God who cannot accept unholiness.

Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of pleas. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

Ask yourself this, is God a liar? undecided

Seems you are craving for my attention for a while now.
Sorry, I don't have much time to engage in meaningless argument. BTW I don't patrol Nairaland platform this days. All I've written up there has biblical backups
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Kobojunkiee: 3:10pm On May 15, 2023
iliyande:
■ Seems you are craving for my attention for a while now.
Sorry, I don't have much time to engage in meaningless argument. BTW I don't patrol Nairaland platform this days. All I've written up there has biblical backups
Your attention isn't necessary at all as I am simply out to correct many of the falsehoods posted in the name of God as most of what you have has no real scriptural basis except for that manufactured in your mind. undecided
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by iliyande(m): 5:43pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Your attention isn't necessary at all as I am simply out to correct many of the falsehoods posted in the name of God as most of what you have has no real scriptural basis except for that manufactured in your mind. undecided

Ok, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From The Dedication Of RCCG City Of David Trinity Towers / Caption This Picture Of Kumuyi Preaching To Aregbesola / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Gives N500k To Members Wgo Dropped 50 As Offering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.