Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

I Need Correction On My Inverter Connection As Explained - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / I Need Correction On My Inverter Connection As Explained (1417 Views)

I Want To Sell My Inverter / Need Solar Charger For My Inverter / Simple Inverter Connection(do It Yourself) & Inexpensive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Correction On My Inverter Connection As Explained by domwas2(m): 10:06am On Oct 18, 2015
Can someone pls explain to me if am wrong with my below connection

I have a
1kva inverter
3pcs 12v batteries
And a 12v external charger

How do I do d connection pls
Note it's on a parallel connection

Re: I Need Correction On My Inverter Connection As Explained by pato405(m): 10:36am On Oct 18, 2015
1. Information incomplete. (AmpHour/ AH rating of batteries not specified)
2. Why do you choose to have a parallel connection which gives you 12V X 3 = 36V as opposed to series: 12V, 3XAH rating of batteries?. In this way, you are making use of 36V cumulative battery voltage with a 12V inverter. Which is wrong!

3. Why connect charger and load simultaneously?, rather, connect a switch/change-over in-between.
4. 12v external charger to charge your 36V? shocked, bro you are kidding! your charger will overheat, and could cause a fire. Be careful.

N.B: I'm not an electrical engineer. I'm a medic, but my knowledge of basic principles of physics always comes handy in cases like this. smiley
Re: I Need Correction On My Inverter Connection As Explained by netotse(m): 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
pato405:
1. Information incomplete. (AmpHour/ AH rating of batteries not specified)
2. Why do you choose to have a parallel connection which gives you 12V X 3 = 36V as opposed to series: 12V, 3XAH rating of batteries?. In this way, you are making use of 36V cumulative battery voltage with a 12V inverter. Which is wrong!

3. Why connect charger and load simultaneously?, rather, connect a switch/change-over in-between.
4. 12v external charger to charge your 36V? shocked, bro you are kidding! your charger will overheat, and could cause a fire. Be careful.

N.B: I'm not an electrical engineer. I'm a medic, but my knowledge of basic principles of physics always comes handy in cases like this. smiley

Parallel connection of batteries is to give same voltage higher current, I agree with you on the positioning of charger issue though.

@OP
LV isn't my strength but I would say your charger/load connection needs a second look
Re: I Need Correction On My Inverter Connection As Explained by rot6756: 1:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
the connection is in parallel and will give an output voltage of 12v. As long as your inverter is rated for 12v their should be no problems.
Re: I Need Correction On My Inverter Connection As Explained by pato405(m): 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
netotse:

Parallel connection of batteries is to give same voltage higher current, I agree with you on the positioning of charger issue though.

@OP
LV isn't my strength but I would say your charger/load connection needs a second look

My apologies, I was wrong. in parallel, you have same voltage (12V), cumulative Amp-Hrs. Nevertheless, For further consideration on best performance and safety, it might be most important to consider what OP wants to power (total wattage of appliances). wotcha think?
Re: I Need Correction On My Inverter Connection As Explained by kingviny: 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2015
The design is ok. 3 , 12volts batteries in parallel will give u 12volts which can work with ur 12volts charger and d 12volts inverter. D load should be on the inveter output and not on the batteries.

Make sure the batteries are of the same AH. Cheers
Re: I Need Correction On My Inverter Connection As Explained by kingviny: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
The design is ok. 3 , 12volts batteries in parallel will give u 12volts which can work with ur 12volts charger and d 12volts inverter. D load should be on the inveter output and not on the batteries.

Make sure the batteries are of the same AH and that your charger is 30ah and above. Cheers
Re: I Need Correction On My Inverter Connection As Explained by temi4fash(m): 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
Bros.. Your design is faulty. And its the connection of your charger...

U are supposed to connect both legs of ur charger to the battery exactly the way you connected your inverter.

(1) (Reply)

Dom Wrist Watch With Sapphire Glass For Sale / Clean Fairly Used Ipad Mini For Sale / Brand New BB Q10 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.