Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics (92969 Views)

Man Faints At Car Park After Taking Tramadol For The 1st Time In Onitsha (pics / Lady Goes Gaga After Taking Weed (Photos) / Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by IYANGBALI: 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
Op don't die o,try and the 150 naira that you are owing me before you go
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by benELOHIM7(m): 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
Are you working for a company thats trying to import a new anti typhoid drug? Am asking because of the way I just decimated ciprotab is suspicious. I dint feel all those things u felt anyways
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by calabardick(m): 2:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
next time before you take any treatment go for medical diagnosis in any good medical laboratory
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by LydayBobo(m): 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:

I took it with Vitadar, an anti-malarial drug. Could that be the cause?
Am not a doctor why take 'Anti'malaria drugs for a full blown malaria...
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by ikorodureporta: 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
coollabman:

wow! shocked I am very surprised! I just recovered from typhoid and malaria recently. I was on ciprotab for 10 days. I didn't experience any of these things you wrote here. did you take the ciprotab alongside a blood capsule? I am asking because I was warned not to try it.

...really? I thot multivitamin is used to reduce itz side effects, esp around d brains. The last time i used Mirazith, it was as if my head was frozen....i felt this during d last 2days, & i jst concluded that it was a fake product- fake products don full everywhere!
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by DJMCOTTY(m): 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
Oloyibo o ku sile! Take me to the hospital..
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
D days I took rocehin i.v, I knew that some drugs are meant to kill not heal. I was barking like dog every night. Sweating like a Christmas goat, at the same time I want to use iron spouse to scrub off my skin, my head was banging steady. My mouth full of sore. My heart beat want to burst my ear drum. Mehn It was terrible.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Osyxcel(m): 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
The only side effect I experience while taking Ciprotab is constipation. Experienced it twice, but I think I'm better prepared if I ever need to take it again.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by femo86(m): 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:

Is that your final answer?

Noooo. I'd like to "Phone a friend" grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by dustydee: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:
[b]When I read about some drugs having side effects, I always dismiss such info until I swallowed half a card of 'CIPROTAB' in order to fight off a deadly blow from malaria allied with typhoid fever. What my body is undergoing now can only be imagined...

Dews are settling every now and then on my forehead. It seems a new salty spring have suddenly burst out of my throat cause this volume of spittle rushing into my mouth per second is baffling, bewildering, bemusing and mystifying.
The worst thing is I can't coup them back cause the salinity seem higher than what my system really needs. So now you can picture a pregnant woman's favourite sport and picture me!

I bade farewell to sleep three days ago. Well, at least I can read for my ongoing exams instead of lazily dozing... for where? It looks like those feudal worms in my stomach have been constantly at war ever since I took those drugs; I can feel some some hot canon balls being projected from the left 'wing' of my intestines to the right.

Even me wey been dey score multiple hat-tricks when having a serious match with BEANS have now become a spectator! sad

Erm... What's that going on in my head? Is someone rearranging my brains?!! (grabs head) shocked

Whenever I get out of this dilemma; I and my family shall never consume any drug with letter "C"....

Not even Vitamin C! angry

Signed: Herald9

Other side effects are:
Dizziness
Restlessness
Weakness of joints
Dehydration
Sweating, etc.

Drugs should be made to cure ills, not after curing the ills you start battling with the drug. It's not fair!

Have you ever had any side effects when taking drugs? How did you overcome it? Please share.

Lalasticlala can you endorse this, please?[/b]
Did your doctor explain the side effects to you before prescribing the drugs for you? Did you go back to him/her when you started having the side effects?
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
Deworm urself now.,take a gud worm tablets,u will be alrite in no time

2 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by 247Dior(m): 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
are u sure what u took was not fake drug?
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by adsami1: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
EggovinMma:
Yours is better. Remembered when I almost died in between December 23 - January 3rd 2010 after Premier Hospital diagnosed me with malaria/typhoid. All the medications given to me stalled my stooling. For the very first time In my life I told God to take my life. Worst is, i had to ly in the toilet, couldn't stand and couldn't sit, was in pains as I couldn't get it out, was like I was in labour.My ex had to help me shave my hair because I demanded it.

Hmmmmm . Doctor said it was the anti biotics injections administered.Very bad experience. embarassed
Come, which hair? And wetin hair gat2do wt druggy reaction?
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Osyxcel(m): 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
EggovinMma:
Yours is better. Remembered when I almost died in between December 23 - January 3rd 2010 after Premier Hospital diagnosed me with malaria/typhoid. All the medications given to me stalled my stooling. For the very first time In my life I told God to take my life. Worst is, i had to ly in the toilet, couldn't stand and couldn't sit, was in pains as I couldn't get it out, was like I was in labour.My ex had to help me shave my hair because I demanded it.

Hmmmmm . Doctor said it was the anti biotics injections administered.Very bad experience. embarassed

Constipation is one of the major side effects of Typhoid treatment. Next time you are on treatment for such (I hope not again), just make sure you stay on liquid/semi-solid foods and take plenty of fruits and roughages.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
Osyxcel:

Constipation is one of the major side effects of Typhoid treatment. Next time you are on treatment for such (I hope not again), just make sure you stay on liquid/semi-solid foods and take plenty of fruits and roughages.

Mine was constipation? I doubt that.In my case there was no bowel movements. The poo was stucked down there, felt the need to poo, but the pains was too unbearable for me to push anything out.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by greggng: 2:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
I trust ciprotab by fidson . I don't know the manufacturer of the one u took. U might ve taken a fake or expired drug.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
adsami1:

Come, which hair? And wetin hair gat2do wt druggy reaction?

A lot to some people tho.I do shave all my hair when I'm seriously sick.Gives me some kind of relieve.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Osyxcel(m): 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
EggovinMma:

Mine was constipation? I doubt that.In my case there was no bowel movements. The poo was stucked down there, felt the need to poo, but the pains was too unbearable for me to push anything out.

I think it's constipation, just an acute one.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by drake2(m): 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:
[b]When I read about some drugs having side effects, I always dismiss such info until I swallowed half a card of 'CIPROTAB' in order to fight off a deadly blow from malaria allied with typhoid fever. What my body is undergoing now can only be imagined...

Dews are settling every now and then on my forehead. It seems a new salty spring have suddenly burst out of my throat cause this volume of spittle rushing into my mouth per second is baffling, bewildering, bemusing and mystifying.
The worst thing is I can't coup them back cause the salinity seem higher than what my system really needs. So now you can picture a pregnant woman's favourite sport and picture me!

I bade farewell to sleep three days ago. Well, at least I can read for my ongoing exams instead of lazily dozing... for where? It looks like those feudal worms in my stomach have been constantly at war ever since I took those drugs; I can feel some some hot canon balls being projected from the left 'wing' of my intestines to the right.

Even me wey been dey score multiple hat-tricks when having a serious match with BEANS have now become a spectator! sad

Erm... What's that going on in my head? Is someone rearranging my brains?!! (grabs head) shocked

Whenever I get out of this dilemma; I and my family shall never consume any drug with letter "C"....

Other side effects are:
Dizziness
Restlessness
Weakness of joints
Dehydration
Sweating, etc.

Drugs should be made to cure ills, not after curing the ills you start battling with the drug. It's not fair!

Have you ever had any side effects when taking drugs? How did you overcome it? Please share.

Wow, OP: So sorry to learn about your experience. I didn't read anything related to medicine.

But common sense requires that you visit your Doctor when such things happen.

I got a question though: Is this the first time you had " Malaria and Typhoid"? And why are there rampant diagnoses of these two together these days?

OP, this may not be your first Malaria, if you know what drugs have worked for you in the past, i advice you stick to them, until they work no more.

Wish you well and sorry for your experience!

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by EricDonn(m): 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
That Ciprofloxacin needs to be checked by Nafdac, I took it around September last year just to cure typhoid and malaria, it just disorganised my system, if not for my geographical location I would have submitted myself to an EBOLA isolation facility.....

3 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Bnladan(m): 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
Bros go treat Ebola, na Ebola catch u. Wch drug company dat produces anti-malarial drug are u working 4? U jst want 2 discredit d company makin 'ciprofloxacin' so odas will go 4 ur drugs.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Boyooosa(m): 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
Adonbilivit. U cant be experiencing such Trauma and still use d same brain and hand to compose such descriptive essay. Go and pack ur spit and snap it, email it to lalasticala for proof of ur claim. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by abimbola74(m): 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:

Other side effects are:
Dizziness
Restlessness
Weakness of joints
Dehydration
Sweating, etc.

I fnk dats d drug's side effect
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by onyxo76(m): 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
how did you determine that it was typhoid and malaria?90% of the populace will have gone to roadside chemists to buy several drugs from a senior school graduate rather than consult a medical doctor...some will virtually request for antibiotics even when there is no need for it.
It is a very common abuse among us to request blood tonic even when the pcv is already above 50% and when you decide to counsel them on proper drug usage ,they become your enemy.

Except strict measures on OTC drugs are enforced ,we will continue having increased cases of renal failure very soon.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by flokii: 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:

Other side effects are:
Dizziness
Restlessness
Weakness of joints
Dehydration
Sweating, etc.

Oga your oyinbo too much jare...

next time try as much as possible to be simple

btw have you gone to d lab for tests?... might be something else like STDs.. go check to be sure before putting blame on drug..

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Rolandken(m): 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:

Other side effects are:
Dizziness
Restlessness
Weakness of joints
Dehydration
Sweating, etc.

Nigerians and their terrible habit of self diagnosis and medication. How did you know you had malaria and typhoid? You then proceeded to take an antimalarial and an antibiotic....ciprofloxacin for that matter. This is wrong. Apart from the side effects which may occur, you may develop resistance against this cipro esp since there was no need for it , causing it not to work for you next time when you actually do need it. Pls next time, visit a doctor before swallowing pills. When u have symptoms that suggest malaria, take paracetamol and then visit a health centre. Don't take just any drug u like. It can harm you and even take ur life. Be warned.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by nigerianvenom(m): 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:

I took it with Vitadar, an anti-malarial drug. Could that be the cause?

Vitadar almost killed me in 2005.i swore never to even see dat drug with my eye again

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by herald9: 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
YerYer:
This is a common mistake made by most Nigerians, you feel sick and immediately self diagnose yourself with malaria. Are you a medical doctor? Must every symptom you exhibit be linked to malaria? Did a medical doctor prescribe Cipro antibiotic or you chose to diagnose and treat yourself at the same time? I'm even shocked how and why anyone would be allowed to purchase antibiotics from a pharmacy without a written prescription.

People there are real dangers of taking antibiotics for everything; after a while the bacteria will mutate and become resistant to the antibiotics. In other words, when you are really suffering from a bacterial infection, no amount of antibiotics will be effective because the bacteria has developed resistance to the medicine.

Nah. Not self-medication. My aunt who's a nurse prescribed it for me. Maybe the mistake is I'd already taken Vitadar.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by mbulela: 2:50pm On Oct 18, 2015
all these malaria and typhoid stories.
Who confirmed this diagnosis?
with all due respect, Nigerians are too quick to self-diagnose.
Every small fever, they run to treat malaria. If it has not gotten better after two days, na typhoid.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by masties2(f): 2:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
EggovinMma:

grin grin sorry. That was hilarious. Sorry for lol

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by herald9: 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
Rolandken:

Nigerians and their terrible habit of self diagnosis and medication. How did you know you had malaria and typhoid? You then proceeded to take an antimalarial and an antibiotic....ciprofloxacin for that matter. This is wrong. Apart from the side effects which may occur, you may develop resistance against this cipro esp since there was no need for it , causing it not to work for you next time when you actually do need it. Pls next time, visit a doctor before swallowing pills. When u have symptoms that suggest malaria, take paracetamol and then visit a health centre. Don't take just any drug u like. It can harm you and even take ur life. Be warned.
My aunt prescribed. She's a nurse.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by chuckcy(m): 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
u hav a weak blood.. beliv me i do tak it nd i feel active

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abba Kyari's Burial: FCTA Reacts To Unprofessional Conduct At Gudu Cemetery / Nigerian Lady With A So, So Wide Vagina Cries Out For Help.. / Russia Built ₦42Billion Hospital For COVID-19 Patients In One Month(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.