Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,502 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament (9441 Views)

Archaeologists Find Gates Of Hell In Saudi Arabia / Alert: Spirits Of Sodom & Gomorrah Have Been Poured Out. Rapture Is Imminent. / Red Sea: Archaeologists Discover Remains Of Egyptian Army From D Biblical Exodus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
herald9:

Scientist explore space to find alternatives. Christians explore ancient ruins to proof a myth.

Which is more beneficial and worth funding?

Find alternatives or satisfy man's curiosity ?

Anyways , the discovery is wonderful and I'm happy it was made

1 Like

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2015
herald9:

I don't why people should waste resources in order to proof that their gods had once or is still in existence, when the best is for IT to make its impact felt.

God has been and will always exist . You can throw tantrums like a petulant baby ... no one cares smiley

1 Like

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I never said that abeg . Religion aside . Isn't it overwhelming when such discoveries are made ? Why are you guys rebuffing such a discovery because it involved proofing the authenticity of the S & G ?
Local myths feature local places, languages, culture, food etc. It won't be a surprise if verified. Nothing astounding about that.
The fact the place 'exists' doesn't make the Biblical version of its destruction true. That's like saying New York exists, so there must be a Spider-Man.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Local myths feature local places, languages, culture, food etc. It won't be a surprise if verified. Nothing astounding about that.
The fact the place 'exists' doesn't make the Biblical version of its destruction true. That's like saying New York exists, so there must be a Spider-Man.

The bible is not mythical deal with it smiley

1 Like

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

The bible is not mythical deal with it smiley
I am not human. Deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by plaetton: 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Lol.
Classic!

We are still excavating for Gotham City.

1 Like

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I am not human. Deal with it.

I am a god ... deal with it

1 Like

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by plaetton: 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

God has been and will always exist . You can throw tantrums like a petulant baby ... no one cares smiley

And whether you like it or not, Peter Pan still exists.

BTW, do you that, according to ancient Pagan lore, when Peter Pan suddenly died, Mother Nature is said to have gone into a convulsion, and from whence we get the Word "Panic" ?

So the existence of the word "Panic" is evidence that Peter Pan did indeed exist.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by plaetton: 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Find alternatives or satisfy man's curiosity ?

Anyways , the discovery is wonderful and I'm happy it was made

And Israel tries to use the bible as a C of O.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by plaetton: 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I am a god ... deal with it

A reminder that the Daily mail is a middle tier Tabloid.
It's goal, like all Tabloids, is to t
Titilate, Not Stimulate, the mentally indolent and less cranially dextrous of the population.

On the other hand, I find it funny that you completely ignored the Washington Post's article and take on the same subject.

I wonder why.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by dalaman: 11:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Just say you believe that God exist, you don't have any incontrovertible proof to show that this God of yours exist anywhere, even if they are going to kill you and they tell you to give a detailed description of your God you can't. You can not give me a detailed description of your God's features so that if I encounter it I will know it is the God you are talking about. You just believe and that is all there is to your assertions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by dalaman: 11:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

They discovered the ancient city called troy like 6 years ago, going by KingEbukasBlog;s line of reasoning, it means all the Gods talked about in the story are true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:20pm On Oct 19, 2015
plaetton:

A reminder that the Daily mail is a middle tier Tabloid.
It's goal, like all Tabloids, is to t
Titilate, Not Stimulate, the mentally indolent and less cranially dextrous of the population.

On the other hand, I find it funny that you completely ignored the Washington Post's article and take on the same subject.

I wonder why.

Lol

Washington Post was clearly biased about the discovery . The site has a predilection for subjecting issues concerning Religion to derision . Dailymail was plain about it - same as a great number of articles on the site

1 Like

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
dalaman:

They discovered the ancient city called troy like 6 years ago, going by KingEbukasBlog;s line of reasoning, it means all the Gods talked about in the story are true.

The discovered ruins matched the biblical description . Studies reveal a disaster - not asteroid or earthquake etc - was the cause of the destruction
Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by dalaman: 11:33pm On Oct 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

The discovered ruins matched the biblical description . Studies reveal a disaster - not asteroid or earthquake etc - was the cause of the destruction

Which disaster? Was it fire and brimstone as written inside the bible? Is the biblical S&G located in Jordan? What about the pillar of salt that people go to visit in Israel which they claim is Lot's wife?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
dalaman:

Just say you believe that God exist, you don't have any incontrovertible proof to show that this God of yours exist anywhere, even if they are going to kill you and they tell you to give a detailed description of your God you can't. You can not give me a detailed description of your God's features so that if I encounter it I will know it is the God you are talking about. You just believe and that is all there is to your assertions.

Man was created in the image of God . Man looks like God . God exists - an IRREFUTABLE fact .
Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by plaetton: 11:37pm On Oct 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol

Washington Post was clearly biased about the discovery . The site has a predilection for subjecting issues concerning Religion to derision . Dailymail was plain about it - same as a great number of articles on the site

Lol.
Typical of the mentally indolent.
You ignored the objective factual analysis of the Washington Post for the Tabloid that Titilates your religious urges.
Classic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by dalaman: 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Man was created in the image of God . Man looks like God . God exists - an IRREFUTABLE fact .

Do you have a picture of God to show me so that I'll know if he looks like man or are you regurgitating ancient Hebrew mythology? According to the Koran God does not look like man in any way. Can you provide any evidence to show why the Koran is wrong and why the ancient Hebrews are right? Or will you keep.making noise as always?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
dalaman:

Which disaster? Was it fire and brimstone as written inside the bible? Is the biblical S&G located in Jordan? What about the pillar of salt that people go to visit in Israel which they claim is Lot's wife?

Honestly ... I have not heard of that . Seriously people visit this pillar of salt in Israel ? Can you post a pic of what it looks like ?

1 Like

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by dalaman: 11:43pm On Oct 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Honestly ... I have not heard of that . Seriously people visit this pillar of salt in Israel ? Can you post a pic of what it looks like ?

Christian pilgrims do go to Israel to visit the alleged pillar of salt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lot%27s_wife

1 Like

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:45pm On Oct 19, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Typical of the mentally indolent.
You ignored the objective factual analysis of the Washington Post for the Tabloid that Titilates your religious urges.
Classic.

Yeah its objective because it concerns Religion . Pfft . You needed to see their report on the decline of religion in the US .

1 Like

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:17am On Oct 20, 2015
dalaman:

Christian pilgrims do go to Israel to visit the alleged pillar of salt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lot%27s_wife

One quick question :

If this pillar has already being found or proven to be true , can you state why you still describe this story as mythical ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:21am On Oct 20, 2015
plaetton:

And whether you like it or not, Peter Pan still exists.

BTW, do you that, according to ancient Pagan lore, when Peter Pan suddenly died, Mother Nature is said to have gone into a convulsion, and from whence we get the Word "Panic" ?

So the existence of the word "Panic" is evidence that Peter Pan did indeed exist.

If you look carefully , Ive always presented my proof for the existence of God logically . I decided not to use mystical events whenever I'm arguing .

Can life come forth from the non living ? No

You always ridicule the fact that for a creator - God - to orchestrate the genesis of life formation in our material universe he has exist outside it . What is fallacious about this ? Isn't it logical ?

1 Like

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by dalaman: 3:38am On Oct 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

One quick question :

If this pillar has already being found or proven to be true , can you state why you still describe this story as mythical ...

It hasn't been found or proven to be true anywhere. Didn't you read the Wikipedia entry? Does it sound like something that has been proven to be true? The whole narrative remains a myth.

2 Likes

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by TrajansKong: 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

One quick question :

What will it take to convince you.

The pillar of salt is real. It is where Lot's wife was transformed by God after she disobeyed him. The Bible does not lie. The scientific, advanced, empirical, technological, methodological, reductionist, evidence-based fact of a woman turning into a pillar of salt has been proved beyond any doubt for all to see.

Yet still you disbelieve. Chai!!

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
TrajansKong:

What will it take to convince you.

The pillar of salt is real. It is where Lot's wife was transformed by God after she disobeyed him. The Bible does not lie. The scientific, advanced, empirical, technological, methodological, reductionist, evidence-based fact of a woman turning into a pillar of salt has been proved beyond any doubt for all to see.

Yet still you disbelieve. Chai!!

dry joke ... try again

You know what I mean wink

1 Like

Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Before ignorant comments start rolling in ... please it has been proven it was not

1. An asteroid strike
2. Natural disaster - Earthquake, Tsunami etc

These disasters would have wiped out vast area of land but instead the event occurred within the specified area as written in the bible

Please note that the findings from the place match

a. The biblical description
b.. Historical account of the area

a and b are related

cc : malvisguy212, An2elect2, Thoniameek, winner01, dalaman

It was volcanic eruption.
Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
chuna1985:

It was volcanic eruption.

lolz
Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukaNaija: 11:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
Fine research
Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukaNaija: 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
Good research
Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by DonXavi(m): 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
R
Re: Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament by KingEbukaNaija: 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Easter To All Nairalanders / Who Is Jesus To You? / I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.