Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Why Does The Nigerian School System Not Encourage Working While Schooling? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Does The Nigerian School System Not Encourage Working While Schooling? (588 Views)

Delayed Payment Of Gratuity: What Does The Law Say? / Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? / Nairanlander Can't You Encourage Me?..pls Say Something +ve About My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Nigerian School System Not Encourage Working While Schooling? by ZeliaLauren(f): 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hey guys, so its Monday again.
I guess you are prepared for the week. I remember those days when I was in the university, I used to envy working class people, obviously because they get to dress up really cool and smart -at least i thought that was all working entailed, until i started working and found out that 'Mehn, there is more to working than dressing up smart.Which brings me to the main question I have in mind today.
Why doesn't our educational system encourage working and schooling simultaneously?[img]

I think life would be better and easier if students are allowed to work and school at the same time. Really why do we need to go to school Mondays till Fridays, why do we need to offer 18 courses? Its ridiculous! Nigerian Universities would produce better work force if students are allowed to work while they school, as they wont be clueless when they finally graduate from school.
Oya, I rest my case, let me make today's Prediction on Palmguess before I start work.
share your views on what you think about our education system and leave comments, lets rub minds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Nigerian School System Not Encourage Working While Schooling? by strykr: 7:01pm On Oct 19, 2015
Coz if Nigerian students made enough money from working, dropping out of school would be the next rave in the country. What's palm guess. Are u a witch?
Re: Why Does The Nigerian School System Not Encourage Working While Schooling? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
People do work and school at the same time. The main issue is not the system supporting the stimulating schooling and working or not. The issue to ponder on is the insufficient vacancies.

Graduates are out there looking for jobs of any kind and they haven't seen as a result of the availabilities talk more of an undergraduate.

Don't get me wrong, lots of undergraduate school and work at the same time.

* My course mate was working with first bank before I graduated.
* Another was a hotel manager I guess.
* A nairalander reporting for leadership newspaper at same time presenter for a radio station.(a student)
* Some where doing businesses in school then.

The system as nothing to do with your private life. You have to be exemptional to get the jobs because the jobs are limited.

School isn't an excuse, blame it on jobs unavailabilities, fine!(though not good enough excuse). But do not blame the school system.

Develop yourself lot of people who are not as old as you are, are making Millions.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian School System Not Encourage Working While Schooling? by ZeliaLauren(f): 8:51am On Oct 20, 2015
@strykr: Palmguess is a guessing game on Palmchat, where you make different kinds of predictions and win Points which can be used to redeem amazing prizes. you have got to try it. and to answer your second question, lol i am not a witch!
Re: Why Does The Nigerian School System Not Encourage Working While Schooling? by ZeliaLauren(f): 9:09am On Oct 20, 2015
@baibijay: I am not blaming the Nigerian school system. What I am saying is that there should be provision for various kind of internship (paid). I have been opportune to study in a different country and even as a foreign student, there was provision for working and schooling. lets face it, our system does not encourage working and schooling. we are theory focused not practical focused, as a result when most students finally graduate, they are usually clueless as to where to start from. I still stand by the opinion that our school system does not encourage or make room for working while schooling.

No hard feelings.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Nigerian School System Not Encourage Working While Schooling? by Daveuche: 9:10am On Oct 20, 2015
loool... Nigerian parents 1st of all barely support self independence at teenage age, so i mean if the home doesnt quite support it who are we to ......
please note: this is my opinion kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why Does The Nigerian School System Not Encourage Working While Schooling? by ZeliaLauren(f): 11:40am On Oct 20, 2015
@daveuche: lolz... I totally agree with you, but we are talking about our future. i mean if nobody does anything or says anything about this issue, it would continue for years.
let's speak up.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Nigerian School System Not Encourage Working While Schooling? by Mzanwuri: 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2015
Thats because, we will forget about school totally cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Courses In Western Ukraine Universities. / ---- / My Boss Is Asking Whether I’m Not Interested In My Job / 3 Work Mistakes You Don

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.