Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time (1737 Views)

Delta Bride Calls Off Traditional Wedding Just A Day To The Event (Photos) / When Size Doesn't Matter: Pre-Wedding Photos / Which Girl Do I Decide On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Esthersblog(f): 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
I received this email form an EB reader who would like to share to fellow EB readers.

"I started dating in 2001, I guess you know how it is when it comes to first love. He ends up becoming your first everything, we broke up two years later. Four months after we broke up, I started dating another guy who I found out about six months later that he was my ex’s cousin. Well, we broke up shortly afterwards.

I decided to go on a break and after which my cousin hooked me up with a guy who was studying abroad. After a few months, on Christmas day to be precise, we started dating online because he was sure of coming back to Nigeria after his studies. And I was also cool with it because we really liked each other and couldn’t wait to be together physically, I could say we were already falling in love online. The shocker after his return to Nigeria was, my boyfriend at that time was very close friends with my two ex-boyfriends. They were childhood friends right from when they were living in Lagos before they all moved to different locations in Nigeria, before he travelled out, but they still kept their friendship.

At this point I thought I was under a spell. I was living in Lagos at the time, which is the biggest city in Nigeria, I couldn’t believe my three boyfriends all knew each other. Trust guys now, because my exes had their cakes, my boyfriend decided to end the relationship because he could not bear the thoughts that his friends had slept with me. I was expecting it though, but it sure broke my heart. I cried, prayed and fasted for God to take away this curse.

Then I met this sweet guy after I was transferred to another city to work. His brothers did not like me, I have no idea why up till now, but who cares. I was doing all the wife duties to make sure I kept the relationship including all efforts made to make his brothers accept me but all to no avail, his brothers succeeded in breaking the relationship. That one gone.

I lost my job afterwards because the company closed down and I decided to go live with my aunty who resides in another state. I didn’t want to live in Lagos where my family was based because of the experiences I had in my previous relationships. I enrolled in a vocational training institute and started my own business shortly after I was through with it. I went for a wedding with a friend of mine one weekend and that when she introduced me to the sweetest guy. We kicked off immediately but was taking the relationship one step at a time. We travelled for a wedding to the state I resided before I moved in with my aunty and to my greatest surprise, his friend who was getting married was one of my ex’s brothers. I felt like entering under the ground.

One thing I always thank God for was the fact that I told my boyfriend every single thing about my relationship life except a few though, but I did not leave out the number of guys I dated and how it all ended. While I was with my boyfriend then, you know how some loud mouthed guys are, they started saying all sorts about me to my boyfriend, the stories that were true, and lies as well.

Do you know what he told them after they realized he wasn’t saying anything about it. He told them he already knows the whole story, that all was in the past and he wasn’t ready to give me up for anything in this world. My head swelled when he was coming towards me smiling and gave me a long kiss before he told me what he told them after they finished ranting. We finally got married a year later.

The message I am trying to pass across here is, do not let anyone or anything make you feel like all hope is lost in finding the right person. It might take a while but definitely, he will find you. This might not work for every lady but it definitely worked for me. Try to make sure you do not leave out the very important details about your past especially your dating life from your man, when you know the relationship is getting serious. You never know!!!"

www.esther.ng

3 Likes

Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2015
Like seriously ? Congrats

1 Like

Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by gab264(m): 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
Esthersblog:
I started dating in 2001, I guess you know how it is when it comes to first love. He ends up becoming your first everything, we broke up two years later. Four months after we broke up, I started dating another guy who I found out about six months later that he was my ex’s cousin. Well, we broke up shortly afterwards.

I decided to go on a break and after which my cousin hooked me up with a guy who was studying abroad. After a few months, on Christmas day to be precise, we started dating online because he was sure of coming back to Nigeria after his studies. And I was also cool with it because we really liked each other and couldn’t wait to be together physically, I could say we were already falling in love online. The shocker after his return to Nigeria was, my boyfriend at that time was very close friends with my two ex-boyfriends. They were childhood friends right from when they were living in Lagos before they all moved to different locations in Nigeria, before he travelled out, but they still kept their friendship.

At this point I thought I was under a spell. I was living in Lagos at the time, which is the biggest city in Nigeria, I couldn’t believe my three boyfriends all knew each other. Trust guys now, because my exes had their cakes, my boyfriend decided to end the relationship because he could not bear the thoughts that his friends had slept with me. I was expecting it though, but it sure broke my heart. I cried, prayed and fasted for God to take away this curse.

Then I met this sweet guy after I was transferred to another city to work. His brothers did not like me, I have no idea why up till now, but who cares. I was doing all the wife duties to make sure I kept the relationship including all efforts made to make his brothers accept me but all to no avail, his brothers succeeded in breaking the relationship. That one gone.

I lost my job afterwards because the company closed down and I decided to go live with my aunty who resides in another state. I didn’t want to live in Lagos where my family was based because of the experiences I had in my previous relationships. I enrolled in a vocational training institute and started my own business shortly after I was through with it. I went for a wedding with a friend of mine one weekend and that when she introduced me to the sweetest guy. We kicked off immediately but was taking the relationship one step at a time. We travelled for a wedding to the state I resided before I moved in with my aunty and to my greatest surprise, his friend who was getting married was one of my ex’s brothers. I felt like entering under the ground.

One thing I always thank God for was the fact that I told my boyfriend every single thing about my relationship life except a few though, but I did not leave out the number of guys I dated and how it all ended. While I was with my boyfriend then, you know how some loud mouthed guys are, they started saying all sorts about me to my boyfriend, the stories that were true, and lies as well.

Do you know what he told them after they realized he wasn’t saying anything about it. He told them he already knows the whole story, that all was in the past and he wasn’t ready to give me up for anything in this world. My head swelled when he was coming towards me smiling and gave me a long kiss before he told me what he told them after they finished ranting. We finally got married a year later.

The message I am trying to pass across here is, do not let anyone or anything make you feel like all hope is lost in finding the right person. It might take a while but definitely, he will find you. This might not work for every lady but it definitely worked for me. Try to make sure you do not leave out the very important details about your past especially your dating life from your man, when you know the relationship is getting serious. You never know!!!

www.esther.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Cutehector(m): 3:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
Girls una hear? Whateva will be, will be... Dat ur datin ur boyfrnd doesn't mean u both will end up being married...

2 Likes

Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2015
Interesting..............

1 Like

Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Commandoabdul(m): 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
Lagos the biggest city in Nigeria.. Then wht abt Ibadan: the smallest city in Nigeria.
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Esthersblog(f): 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2015
Yeah, a really big congrats.
elijah2u:
Like seriously ? Congrats
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Esthersblog(f): 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2015
Yeah...
Cutehector:
Girls una hear? Whateva will be, will be... Dat ur datin ur boyfrnd doesn't mean u both will end up being married...
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Esthersblog(f): 12:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
Yeah...
modelmike7:
Interesting..............
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by IamLEGEND1: 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2015
o.k
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
sad Disadvantages of having sex in a relationship. congrats all the same smiley
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by yilly(f): 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
woooow.... U are really an inspiration to me right now. U jst motivated me at these moment dat my life is falling apart n am alrdy thnking i do not deserve to b happy. Thank u n Congrats. Am happy for u.
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Esthersblog(f): 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
Yeah. Good to know she was happy at the end.
Diddyydiva:
sad Disadvantages of having sex in a relationship. congrats all the same smiley
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Esthersblog(f): 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
You deserve to be happy always... Try to pick up gradually, keep your mind occupied with positive activities and you would be fine eventually.
yilly:
woooow.... U are really an inspiration to me right now. U jst motivated me at these moment dat my life is falling apart n am alrdy thnking i do not deserve to b happy. Thank u n Congrats. Am happy for u.
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
Esthersblog:
Yeah. Good to know she was happy at the end.
Not all are lucky tho sad. am happy for her. smiley
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by IndianaJay: 4:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
Esthersblog:
I received this email form an EB reader who would like to share to fellow EB readers.

"I started dating in 2001, I guess you know how it is when it comes to first love. He ends up becoming your first everything, we broke up two years later. Four months after we broke up, I started dating another guy who I found out about six months later that he was my ex’s cousin. Well, we broke up shortly afterwards.

The message I am trying to pass across here is, do not let anyone or anything make you feel like all hope is lost in finding the right person. It might take a while but definitely, he will find you. This might not work for every lady but it definitely worked for me. Try to make sure you do not leave out the very important details about your past especially your dating life from your man, when you know the relationship is getting serious. You never know!!!"

www.esther.com.ng

Thank you for this post....It's refreshing to see such positive experiences from people, it goes a long way in motivating and uplifting others.

I wish you the best.
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Esthersblog(f): 4:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
Very true... sad
Diddyydiva:
Not all are lucky tho sad. am happy for her. smiley
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Esthersblog(f): 4:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
Yeah... smiley
IndianaJay:

Thank you for this post....It's refreshing to see such positive experiences from people, it goes a long way in motivating and uplifting others.

I wish you the best.
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by tpiander: 5:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
moral of the story: when you decide to date a guy, always drop the name of your ex boyfriend first and find out if they know each other.

or am I reading you wrong?
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Hannysmilez(f): 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
Your blog is cool. My friend always says,
"Whatever comes,let it come. Whatever stays,let it stay. Whatever goes,let it go."
Wishing the lady a happy married life. Cheers!
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by yilly(f): 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
Esthersblog:
You deserve to be happy always... Try to pick up gradually, keep your mind occupied with positive activities and you would be fine eventually.
Thank u again
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Esthersblog(f): 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
Yeah... You should.
tpiander:
moral of the story: when you decide to date a guy, always drop the name of your ex boyfriend first and find out if they know each other.

or am I reading you wrong?
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Esthersblog(f): 8:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
Thank you Hannysmilez.
Yea, that's true but sometimes we have to try too so we dont let what is ours slip away.
We wish her a married life.
Hannysmilez:
Your blog is cool. My friend always says,
"Whatever comes,let it come. Whatever stays,let it stay. Whatever goes,let it go."
Wishing the lady a happy married life. Cheers!
Re: Let Fate Decide, It’s Just A Matter Of Time by Esthersblog(f): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2015
I received an email recently from the lady who shared this story. This world is really a small place.

She said, "While going through my phone checking dps as usual, my sister-in-law's dp made me laugh so hard.
It gave me more reasons to keep thanking God for my life and that of my husband and the fact that I told my husband about the guys I have dated.
Guess what I saw... An ex holding his son, his wife just gave birth. I have never heard or seen any connection whatsoever between my sister-in-law and my ex, no family ties, they are not from the same state, they live in different locations, I couldn't think of anything. I just locked up, you know how some sister-in-laws can react to things like this, and then I showed my husband. He just started laughing."

Esthersblog:

www.esther.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

What A Mother Told Her Son A Day Before His Wedding / Why Some Girls Always Attract The Wrong Guys (Pic)... / To All Men.... Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.