Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,670 members, 7,801,934 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Can A Christian Or Believer Loose The Holy Spirit In Them? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Or Believer Loose The Holy Spirit In Them? (3198 Views)

Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt / Prophet Joshua Iginla: "Nnamdi Kanu Has A Spirit In Him, Dialogue With Him Now" / Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Can A Christian Or Believer Loose The Holy Spirit In Them? by RedReact: 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2018
truthislight:

The above is coloration of the argument with wrongly applied notion.

The question is: CAN A CHRISTIAN, BELIEVER, OR BORN AGAIN LOOSE OUT OR BE REJECTED BY GOD? (Loose holy spirit)

The above is what you should explicitly answer and not using the encouragement to christian to imitate the perfection of almighty God as a basis to justify your "doctrine of once save always saved".

We are asked to imitate God now because we have a model of Christ example to follow and the help of the holy spirit to pursue righteousness unlike before. That we are told to pursue perfection in know way make us perfect but rather that we have the tools or means to do so.

That Christians have the means to do so, does it means that it is all that will be successful or keep the holy spirit? NO!

That you give a student all the material to prepare for an examination to pass with an 'A' and you encourage the child to go for an 'A' in no way means that the child will make an 'A'.

Peace.

Answered the question asked from the line of your contribution and not from the perspective of the topic per se, which was dealt with some years back though.
Re: Can A Christian Or Believer Loose The Holy Spirit In Them? by truthislight: 9:09am On Aug 06, 2018
ichuka:

King James Version
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

So?

Is the giving of a clean slate not good enough mercy to you? If the nation of Israel had a clean slate free from Adamic sin do you know how easier their service to Yahweh would have been? Would they have been encumbered with all those animal sacrifices?

We should be grateful for this great opportunity given to us and stop claiming fallacy.

The freedom we have now in the worship of Yahweh makes the Christian worship far more easier than it was with the nation of Israel, this adds to why we should show gratitude and appreciation for this undeserved kindness (grace) by imitating his goodness and using this gift and opportunity to the fullest..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus The Sun Of God Is Coming Back By Christmas Day / There Was Electrical Sparks When My Body Touches My Bedsheet / Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.