Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... (24970 Views)

My Plantain Merchandise To Plantain Farming Life-experience(pains And Gains Ser / Plantain Slicing Machine For Making Plantain Chips / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 9:27am On Oct 20, 2015
My Team And Myself Would Be Transporting Plantain From Our Farm In Ondo State To Lagos...We Already Carried Out Proper Market Surveys At The Markets Mushin, Ketu And Mile12...We Met With So Many Marketers And Sellers( Olobe) There In Lagos...My Team Without I, Did The Physical Market Surveys...Started With Mushin And Mile12 This Last Saturday, Then Finally Ketu...With Informations And Contacts Gathered, It Was Very Obvious We Wouldn't Make Our Trip To Mushin Even Though It Was Where We Had Our Direct Link To....We Were Told They Would Buy At #6,000 Per Dozen...That Didnt Stop Us Though, We Pushed Our Survey To Mile12 And Ketu, And The Dozen Price Seemed Promising (#7000 - #8,000)...Boooombaaaah!!! My Team Arrived The Farm Site Since Yesterday While I Would Join Them This Morning As I Am Busy With Other Things In Akure Presently...I Would Keep Everyone Posted As The Adventure Continues...Funnily, I Am The Only Nairalander Amidst Them, Lol... Your Questions Are Welcomed...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by dgitrader(m): 9:35am On Oct 20, 2015
Nice one bro. Wishing u guys happy sales.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2015
dgitrader:
Nice one bro. Wishing u guys happy sales.
Thanks Brother...What Are You Into?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 10:33am On Oct 20, 2015
cc : Lesgupnigeria, Emperoracro, Johnydon22, Hahn, Dalaman, Goosebaba, Menesheh, Davien, Plaetton, Pavore9, Neduzze3, Pragmatism...#whayahsah?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 10:37am On Oct 20, 2015
I Am Already On My Way To The Farm...Travelling Down From Akure To The Farm Site...This Journey Should Take At Least 2 Hours...Catch Yall Later...
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by johnydon22(m): 10:40am On Oct 20, 2015
Whats the profit tendency of the business bro...
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by hahn(m): 10:42am On Oct 20, 2015
Nice one fam. Agriculture is a very good business venture. I wish you the best!

Post some pics too
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by dalaman: 11:08am On Oct 20, 2015
Wishing you all the best bro. How vaiable is the plantain business out there?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by noblefarm: 11:31am On Oct 20, 2015
Success bro. Waiting for more success stories
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 11:39am On Oct 20, 2015
johnydon22:
It Depends... One Is Sure To Make Profit...There Are Various Ways Of Getting Involved In The Business...The Best Ways Are 1) Having Acres / Hectares Of Land To Cultivate Plantain And Sell After Cultivation (2) Buying From Villages, Transorting Them To The Markets In Big Cities Like Abuja, Lagos, Portharcourt, Bayelsa Etc ( Where They Are Expensive) And Re-selling Them There.... The First One Is Capital Intensive While The Other Is Not...The ROI ( Return On Investment) Is Far Above 200% ...I Have Taken Much Feasibility Studies In This Area And My Dad Is Also A Plantain Farmer And Processor...He Processes His Own Into Plantain Flour In Ogun State...I Will Talk Better On This Aspect Pretty Much Later As I Would Be Delving Into The Processing Very Soon...This Is Going To Be My First Trip Though, And I Shall Be Updating You Guys With The Challenges, Results And Success Of The Trip...

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 11:44am On Oct 20, 2015
hahn:
Nice one fam. Agriculture is a very good business venture. I wish you the best!

Post some pics too
Thanks Blood... Agriculture Really Is Very Good...I Have Been Into It All My Life Though And I Have Been Loving The Adventures So Far... I Will Definitely Post Pictures And Keep Everyone Abreast...What Are You Into ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2015
dalaman:
Wishing you all the best bro. How vaiable is the plantain business out there?
Thanks Blood... Here In Ondo State, The Plantain Is Very Cheap And Can Be Gotten For #4,000 Or #4,500 Or #5,000 Per Dozen Of Bunches. Plantain Is Harvested On The Farm In Bunches, Twelve Bunches Which Is A Dozen Is Sold Very Cheap Between #4,000 - #5,000 Depending On Sizes, Negotiation Power, Supplies And Demands...The Transportation Cost From Farm Settlement Is Also Is Another Factor...Getting A Very Cheap One Is All That Matters...My Team Worked On This Aspect As We Spoke To Someone Related To One Of Us Who Has A Trailer That Would Help Transport Our Plantain Cheaply...Usually, It Costs Between #35,000 - #40,000 To Transport From Here To Lagos...There Are Inter-state Taxes Paid While Transporting This Kind Of Food Items Too. It Is Necessary To Do A Market Survey Too And Get Contacts Of Buyers Wherever You Are Taking Your Goods To...The Market Is Readily Available Though...

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by hahn(m): 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
djdoxxx:
Thanks Blood... Agriculture Really Is Very Good...I Have Been Into It All My Life Though And I Have Been Loving The Adventures So Far... I Will Definitely Post Pictures And Keep Everyone Abreast...What Are You Into ?

I am not into agriculture but I do have interest of going into it in the near future
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 12:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
noblefarm:
Success bro. Waiting for more success stories
Thanks Bro...I Sight You In HD...What Is Noble Farm Into?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2015
hahn:

I am not into agriculture but I do have interest of going into it in the near future
Okay, Thats Good To Hear...So, Presently What Do You Do?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2015
I Dont Really Want To Post A Paper Work ( Break Down) Here As They Don't Really Conform With Real Life Experiences...But I Guess I Would Find Time To Post It Here Before We Embark On The Trip So We Could All Compare It With The 'Real Life Experience'...

1 Like

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
Very Close To The Village...In Less Than 10mins, I Should Be With The Rest Of My Team.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by kevoh(m): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
Interesting thread! Will see how this will pan out as it's part of my plans to get some savings into this agriculture of a thing. Bonne Chance djdoxxx!
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by hahn(m): 1:14pm On Oct 20, 2015
djdoxxx:
Okay, Thats Good To Hear...So, Presently What Do You Do?

I sell human hair @ www.nimini.com.ng
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by GooseBaba: 2:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
See this sharp man..!!! My guy nothing do you. One thing is for certain.. Food can never go out of style.

When you say team, are those partners/investors or employees.. No mind me, na style style I wan use understand your navigational business arrangements.. Lol...
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by plaetton: 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
More grease to your elbows ,comrade.

Pls keep us posted.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by atuagbo: 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2015
Nice one
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by menesheh(m): 6:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
johnydon22:

grin

Bad man.

The only good question you could phantom out instantly is the profit magin.

My guy dgdoxxx, as johnydon22 insinuated, your niggaz park one corner dey observe waiting patiently for a call for account number after the whole sales.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Idowu2828: 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
Good to hear, can I see ur bunches and is this ur 1st harvest?
djdoxxx:
My Team And Myself Would Be Transporting Plantain From Our Farm In Ondo State To Lagos...We Already Carried Out Proper Market Surveys At The Markets Mushin, Ketu And Mile12...We Met With So Many Marketers And Sellers( Olobe) There In Lagos...My Team Without I, Did The Physical Market Surveys...Started With Mushin And Mile12 This Last Saturday, Then Finally Ketu...With Informations And Contacts Gathered, It Was Very Obvious We Wouldn't Make Our Trip To Mushin Even Though It Was Where We Had Our Direct Link To....We Were Told They Would Buy At #6,000 Per Dozen...That Didnt Stop Us Though, We Pushed Our Survey To Mile12 And Ketu, And The Dozen Price Seemed Promising (#7000 - #8,000)...Boooombaaaah!!! My Team Arrived The Farm Site Since Yesterday While I Would Join Them This Morning As I Am Busy With Other Things In Akure Presently...I Would Keep Everyone Posted As The Adventure Continues...Funnily, I Am The Only Nairalander Amidst Them, Lol... Your Questions Are Welcomed...
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by cmoney22222: 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
@ djdoxxx can I contact you, I have been longing to go into this business for a long time and now is the time. I need some tutor and contacts. How do I go about it. I will wait your reply asap.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Nobody: 3:43am On Oct 21, 2015
Where in Ondo state are you?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Johnnyessence(m): 5:21am On Oct 21, 2015
djdoxxx:
so how much per bunch of plantain hmmmmm. need ur views
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by noblefarm: 6:59am On Oct 21, 2015
djdoxxx:
Thanks Bro...I Sight You In HD...What Is Noble Farm Into?

Jst entering agric biz. Presently we have Maize, soyabeans, nd cassava. We into fishing nd cucumber too. We just acquired 200plot of land in ilorin here, still contemplating whether to do plantain there or continue with crops n vegetables.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by 400billionman: 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
Good effort..
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by dailynaijanews(m): 11:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
noblefarm:

Jst entering agric biz. Presently we have Maize, soyabeans, nd cassava. We into fishing nd cucumber too. We just acquired 200plot of land in ilorin here, still contemplating whether to do plantain there or continue with crops n vegetables.

Where In Ilorin do you think one can buy cheap farmlands
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
Nice one bro. Wish you the very best. Keep us posted though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

First Potato Harvest From Kaduna & Vicampro Partnership. (photos) / Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) / My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.