Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. (22206 Views)

EXCLUSIVE! Architects In Crisis As NIA, ARCON Registration War Gets Messier / 21 Success Tips For Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs / Thread For Aspiring Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
I want to use this opportunity to call on all Architects and aspiring Architects to come together here, know themselves and help themselves. I would want everyone to post his/her designs for us to criticise, learn and get help from each other. Before that, I'd like to post some modellings to get us started.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
The images above should remind the graduates among us about our little but stressful beginning. Then we called it Architorture grin. For 12yrs now or more, some of us have been using computers to make our designs. The software we use have addicted us that some senior Architects find it a little bit hard to go back to the manual system of drafting. @lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 5:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
Today, computers are of rampant use when it comes to Architectural drafting. Software like Autocad, Archicad and Revit are more prevalent compared to google sketch up, chief architect etc.

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by cupid0(f): 10:06am On Oct 21, 2015
Am a student architect, schooling at ABSU n currently in BSC finals

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2015
Overtime we noticed that most of the inbuilt rendering engines in the above software we use does not give us the required realistic rendering we wanted, most of us resorted to the use of external rendering engines like Artlantis, 3D max Vray, Maxwell render etc.

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
cupid0:
Am a student architect, schooling at ABSU n currently in BSC finals
Welcome my dear colleague.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
With the use of Archicad + Artlantis, I was able to make something like this..........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by cupid0(f): 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2015
CASTOSVILLA:
Welcome my dear colleague.
thanks. Would have loved to post some of my works but dunno how. If u don't mind my being too forward, I will like to have works I can be doing as part time in relation to my studies. Also hoping to be paid after doing the works cool
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
And this.........

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
cupid0:
thanks. Would have loved to post some of my works but dunno how. If u don't mind my being too forward, I will like to have works I can be doing as part time in relation to my studies. Also hoping to be paid after doing the works cool
To post your designs, hit the reply button, scroll down to the choose box, click on it and it will automatically take you to your memory card. locate the design using its name, select it. don't forget to write something on the text box. As for work, we all are hustling for the same bro, may God see us through.........Amen.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by cupid0(f): 11:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
Some of my designs. Am a lady not a guy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 12:25am On Oct 27, 2015
cupid0:
Some of my designs. Am a lady not a guy
Awesome! girls likes designing kitchen interiors. I remember those days in school, the only 1point perspective girls design was the kitchen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by cupid0(f): 6:10am On Oct 27, 2015
CASTOSVILLA:
Awesome! girls likes designing kitchen interiors. I remember those days in school, the only 1point perspective girls design was the kitchen.
thanks. Not all girls like kitchen designs though
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 10:14am On Dec 07, 2015
Well said,I love kitchen designs as a guy @CUPID0. It would help also if you quickly edit your profile details in NL to state you're a female so we guys won't assume from now on,thanks in advance*lol*winks winks*
Keep it up with your 3D works. Please share the apps you used for your uploads...

cupid0:
thanks. Not all girls like kitchen designs though

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 11:25am On Dec 07, 2015
You are correct up to a point,a slight correction SketchUp Pro is still in high demand even on the island in Lagos especially for quick interior design/archy visualisations & concept presentation.

CASTOSVILLA:
Today, computers are of rampant use when it comes to Architectural drafting. Software like Autocad, Archicad and Revit are more prevalent compared to google sketch up, chief architect etc.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 11:40am On Dec 07, 2015
Good to see a thread like this,I just randomly searched for Maxwell Render & voila i got here as my top result.
I'm an architect & graduate of FUTA(1st/2nd degree) who loves 3D visualisation amongst other creative endeavours.
Here are some my random 3d works modelled in either AutoCAD & Revit but rendered in 3dsmax Design using VRay,enjoy the visuals*winks winks*

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
DerrickM:
Good to see a thread like this,I just randomly searched for Maxwell Render & voila i got here as my top result.
I'm an architect & graduate of FUTA(1st/2nd degree) who loves 3D visualisation amongst other creative endeavours.
Here are some my random 3d works modelled in either AutoCAD & Revit but rendered in 3dsmax Design using VRay,enjoy the visuals*winks winks*
This is nice, in as much as I don't use Revit for my 3d modeling, Archicad + Artlantis works fine for me. Am still gonna learn this 3d max vray though.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 12:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
DerrickM:
You are correct up to a point,a slight correction SketchUp Pro is still in high demand even on the island in Lagos especially for quick interior design/archy visualisations & concept presentation.

I like the word "Quick". I believe that it can't be used for creating complex designs like we do with Revit and Archicad.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2015
Nope, that's before what i used to think. SketchUp Pro has plugins that allow it to create more complex structures of designs,modelling cars and other objects.

Visit my friend Dadi Dindul's likepage Ludnid (https://www.facebook.com/ludnidviz/?fref=ts)

Before i knew him,his works inspired me to want to learn SketchUp Pro 4years back. His workflow is SketchUp Pro,3dsmax using VRay Render and post-production in Photoshop.

CASTOSVILLA:
I like the word "Quick". I believe that it can't be used for creating complex designs like we do with Revit and Archicad.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 1:11pm On Dec 11, 2015
Nice 3d post,love the scenery and signage design. When you upgrade to 3dsmax using VRay, the difference will be greater.

Check out some other works from hardcore VRay users: Chronos Studeos (www.chronos-studeos.com), 3dmatic Atelier (www.3dmaticatelier.com), Ways Studios (www.waysstudios.com) and Cleec Designs (https://www.behance.net/okolieuchechukwu)

That is why it is hot demand...

CASTOSVILLA:
This is nice, in as much as I don't use Revit for my 3d modeling, Archicad + Artlantis works fine for me. Am still gonna learn this 3d max vray though.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 6:44pm On Dec 11, 2015
DerrickM:
Nope, that's before what i used to think. SketchUp Pro has plugins that allow it to create more complex structures of designs,modelling cars and other objects.

Visit my friend Dadi Dindul's likepage Ludnid (https://www.facebook.com/ludnidviz/?fref=ts)

Before i knew him,his works inspired me to want to learn SketchUp Pro 4years back. His workflow is SketchUp Pro,3dsmax using VRay Render and post-production in Photoshop.

Brother I do understand that Gsketchup has good plug-ins, especially the VRay wonder but in terms of indepth drafting of designs with a software that offers every bit of tool to get almost every architectural and engineering components of a building (let's put the shiny renderings aside here). Can SketchUp do that? Go read up about the new Archicad 19, it has the ability to help you rebuild an already existing house just with the picture of it's present look. Talk about what one can do to a wall, roof etc. SketchUp has draft limitations, forget about the beautiful renderings cos with same engines you can get same renderings with Revit, Archicad and co. I still stand on the word "Quick" cos that is what it's all about, making sharp sharp designs for sharp sharp presentations.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
All am saying don't write any app off just like that in favour of the preferred app you use i.e ArchiCAD research more on it just like you did version 19. All apps need plugins some more than the other like SketchUp Pro. Am not an ArchiCAD user because I prefer Revit Architecture/MEP/Structure but I won't write it off just because I don't use it*lol*Just stay open,bro,that's all*winks winks*

CASTOSVILLA:
Brother I do understand that Gsketchup has good plug-ins, especially the VRay wonder but in terms of indepth drafting of designs with a software that offers every bit of tool to get almost every architectural and engineering components of a building (let's put the shiny renderings aside here). Can SketchUp do that? Go read up about the new Archicad 19, it has the ability to help you rebuild an already existing house just with the picture of it's present look. Talk about what one can do to a wall, roof etc. SketchUp has draft limitations, forget about the beautiful renderings cos with same engines you can get same renderings with Revit, Archicad and co. I still stand on the word "Quick" cos that is what it's all about, making sharp sharp designs for sharp sharp presentations.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 7:38pm On Dec 11, 2015
DerrickM:
All am saying don't write any app off just like that in favour of the preferred app you use i.e ArchiCAD research more on it just like you did version 19. All apps need plugins some more than the other like SketchUp Pro. Am not an ArchiCAD user because I prefer Revit Architecture/MEP/Structure but I won't write it off just because I don't use it*lol*Just stay open,bro,that's all*winks winks*

I must agree, I went over the edge there.lol. I had an experience at Unizik Awka sometime and we argue about this SketchUp. They seem to have falling in love with it so much that most of them can't see through Archicad and Revit. They totally told off both softwares like they were for armatures.lol. All drafting softwares are good but we need to spot the difference.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2015
No problemo,it happens. The thing is SketchUp Pro is better used for already agreed upon plans & specifications with the client with few modifications. In this AEC industry where clients change their minds on the smallest whim Revit & ArchiCAD must be known. BIM is the future because it saves time in meeting crazy deadlines. Knowing how to model in AutoCAD or SketchUp Pro is a bonus but Revit or ArchiCAD must be explored by all architects. People want the easy way to 3d ArchViz but the more technical BIM apps do the trick. It's just like how Naija people prefer CorelDraw & CorelPaint over Photoshop,Illustrator and InDesign because the former is easier to use for Graphic Design than the latter but the difference is so clear in the output always. Even in web design it's the same problem. Technical know how always wins.

CASTOSVILLA:
I must agree, I went over the edge there.lol. I had an experience at Unizik Awka sometime and we argue about this SketchUp. They seem to have falling in love with it so much that most of them can't see through Archicad and Revit. They totally told off both softwares like they were for armatures.lol. All drafting softwares are good but we need to spot the difference.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 9:08am On Dec 15, 2015
This house was posted here on NL sometime but since then, I've not seem to understand a portion of the roof. please take a close look and if at all you understand, elaborate clearly how that portion of roof came to be. Before now I've made wild assumptions of what the original architect might have done there but still not convinced with my assumptions.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by pendragon35(m): 2:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
I have been searching for a thread like this but finally i have found 1 today.anyway am a student of architecture frm Futo.tank God i av landed on the part tracking to the success of my future,i wish to learn alot from my senior colleagues.tnx all
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by pendragon35(m): 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
Pls renowned architects wat is the best laptop for architectural designs specifically HP laptops,AND ITS SPECIFICATIONS pls can someone be of help.waiting for candid suggestions.......
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
Yeah,it seems that way but it isn't incorrect. 3dsmax creates real-life shadow effects so those parts who marked are still of the same roof. It's part of a special roof which is a hybrid of a dutch/hip roof cut midway to expose a gable face...I like call it the dutch/hip gable*winks winks*

CASTOSVILLA:
This house was posted here on NL sometime but since then, I've not seem to understand a portion of the roof. please take a close look and if at all you understand, elaborate clearly how that portion of roof came to be. Before now I've made wild assumptions of what the original architect might have done there but still not convinced with my assumptions.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
Fresh from the Chronos Studeos Team before 2015 ends http://dm3drev-studeos..in/2015/12/lets-talk-3d-visualization-2nd-edition.html

1 Share

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 7:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
@PENDRAGON35: The laptops/desktop brands I highly recommend are Dell,Acer,Toshiba,Lenovo,Sony & Samsung not such a big fan of HP pcs. Depends 1st on your budget,your present skills in CAD,BIM & 3D ArchViz. If you're a beginner keep it @4-6GB RAM iCore3 500GB storage for starters & if you plan to go into animation 8-16GB RAM 1000GB(1TB) storage must have internal graphics card 1.5GB minimum,DVD/CD-ROM,3-4 USB Ports,Bluetooth,Wifi,Original Windows Operating System(OS) 7,8 or 10 etc. Hope this bit of info helps you out,best regards...

pendragon35:
Pls renowned architects wat is the best laptop for architectural designs specifically HP laptops,AND ITS SPECIFICATIONS pls can someone be of help.waiting for candid suggestions.......

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
DerrickM:
Yeah,it seems that way but it isn't incorrect. 3dsmax creates real-life shadow effects so those parts who marked are still of the same roof. It's part of a special roof which is a hybrid of a dutch/hip roof cut midway to expose a gable face...I like call it the dutch/hip gable*winks winks*

It makes no sense cos if you take a closer look, the portion of the roof behind the so called hybrid roof owns that portion of the roof. Now, every roof member on any building should have a origin where it began to give us the shape of any roof and any other rafter that is not defined from an edge or from a joint is a manipulation. If you look very well, the hybrid roof and the roof behind it emanated from the same edge, was it meant to be so?
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 2:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
1st picture you posted is the brighter less saturated version of the 2nd picture which is the same view. The 1st clearly shows to me it's the same roof while the 2nd was tweaked possibly a bit too much in Photoshop to make that edge seem different. So as I said before it's still correct & not just a random manipulation,brov...

CASTOSVILLA:
It makes no sense cos if you take a closer look, the portion of the roof behind the so called hybrid roof owns that portion of the roof. Now, every roof member on any building should have a origin where it began to give us the shape of any roof and any other rafter that is not defined from an edge or from a joint is a manipulation. If you look very well, the hybrid roof and the roof behind it emanated from the same edge, was it meant to be so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BRT Workers Strike Over Unpaid Salaries (photo) / Improve Your Business Speak With These Words & Phrases / What Skill(s) Do You Plan To Learn This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.