Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

"I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians (8112 Views)

For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions / My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance / Pastors And Alfa Asked Me To Bring Money For Deliverance-i'm Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:35am On Nov 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Bro, I'm atheist. Was never a satanist. dear lord, doesnt your bible teach you irony?

you craze grin ...

... and anas09 is lady

but its very easy to detect sarcasm from an atheist ask TrajansKong wink
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by WhoBeThisMan: 11:38am On Nov 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Bro, I'm atheist. Was never a satanist. dear lord, doesnt your bible teach you irony?
no the Bible dosnt teach that.
I really do hope you know what you are doing and inviting to your self
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:41am On Nov 11, 2015
plaetton:

I am here to MOCK and DEGRADE primitive, out of time, nonsense that re.tards like you peddle.

Here you go again ... 2,000 yrs ago - well established colonies , merchandise across continents , writings , architectural works , agriculture , warfare etc don't count as primitive . No no it does not . Come on , try harder
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 11, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Here you go again ... 2,000 yrs ago - well established colonies , merchandise across continents , writings , architectural works , agriculture , warfare etc doesn't count as primitive . No no it does not . Come on , try harder
I'm sure you wish to be transported back to that time. You'd fit in perfectly.
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by johnydon22(m): 11:45am On Nov 11, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
no the Bible dosnt teach that.
I really do hope you know what you are doing and inviting to your self

And what is he inviting?

There is no such a thing as some evil bad spirity lucifer anywhere..

That you fear such vague concept is your own problem, cup of tea and psychological prision

No lucifer what so ever bears any weight on reality, he is bleeping the name to show you that such concept is nothing but mere feeble anthropomorphical exaggeration..

Don't be afraid, he is inviting nothing to himself... Lucifer should be able to say "Hi" first before doing anything to anybody..

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 11, 2015
johnydon22:

And what is he inviting?

That you fear such vague concept is your own problem, cup of tea and psychological prision

No lucifer what so ever bears any weight on reality, he is bleeping the name to show you that such concept is nothing but mere feeble anthropomorphical exaggeration..

Don't be afraid, he is inviting nothing to himself... Lucifer should be able to say "Hi" first before doing anything to anybody..
It's only their fear and hatred that I attract.
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 11, 2015
Estharfabian:
Food for the so called "atheist" And the proclaimed "Realist* "grin"

Whoever said The Infamous Internet Doesn't corrupt people's mind hasn't clearly been to Nairaland.."grin" lipsrsealed

Smh!! Everyone don't wanna be Christians...Everyone don't believe there's a God...They even blame God for all The atrocities committed Against Humans...What else is New?? undecided

*in Olamide's voice**...Story for the gods....At the End, Y'all Would know there's something bigger than All of Us..Something Astonishing.....And that this world didn't just come into Existence...undecided

PS....being A Christian and Knowing/Loving God is The best Thing that could ever Happen to A person..undecided

Thread talks about not wanting to be a Christian. Very different from atheism.
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by johnydon22(m): 11:59am On Nov 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

It's only their fear and hatred that I attract.

The fear is too much...
Lucifer will do... Satan will do that.. Yahweh will burn you so fear him, Allah is all powerful fear him..

All let them start doing their worst already and not have people be claiming it for them and making up stories like psychos.

People can only worship what they fear, affirms basis of religion is more Fear than jt js faith.

Worship nothing but their own fears.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I'm sure you wish to be transported back to that time. You'd fit in perfectly.

Trying to say I'm "primitive" too ?

Pfft

So lemme ask you , in 2000 yrs time , when basically everything gets automated , will our present time be described as primitive ? undecided .
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
johnydon22:

The fear is too much...
Lucifer will do... Satan will do that.. Yahweh will burn you so fear him, Allah is all powerful fear him..

All let them start doing their worst already and not have people be claiming it for them and making up stories like psychos.

People can only worship what they fear, affirms basis of religion is more Fear than jt js faith.

Worship nothing but their own fears.

Own fears about what ?

1 Like

Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
--dp--
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Trying to say I'm "primitive" too ?

Pfft

So lemme ask you , in 2000 yrs time , when basically everything gets automated , will our present time be described as primitive ? undecided .

Of course, it will. Most of our arguments may not be valid in a few years. Systems should be dynamic and allow for change. That's how the world works. Everything aboit us evolves. We always evolve.

1 Like

Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Of course, it will. Most of our arguments may not be valid in a few years. Systems should be dynamic and allow for change. That's how the world works. Everything aboit us evolves. We always evolve.

Being primitive has to be or do with the first step or stage in a development or evolutionary process . 2000 yrs ago does not count as being primitive neither will our present time be counted as primitive in 2000 yrs time

1 Like

Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Image123(m): 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Aid your sexual fantasy. grin
Good frontpage topic btw. hope you havent wanked your fingerprints away

Do you speak English?

1 Like

Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Image123(m): 1:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Irony is if you called yourself sonOfGod. Dear Lord Jesus, who taught you irony muskee?

1 Like

Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by WhoBeThisMan: 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
johnydon22:

And what is he inviting?

one of the tricks the devil has emploied is to make you believe he dosnt exit, well im not here to presch d evil, but I know Jesus, who made a fool of him
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Busybody2(f): 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
Anas09:

@sirwere
No, you are the one who missed the point. That's because you see the church differently from what the church is. And, you and the op failed to realise that what ever we see now in church and outside the church is a fulfillment of prophecies.
There's nothing happening now that hasn't been prophesied.
If you @sirwere have doubts its because u r far from the point. If u have a relationship with christ, you shd be happy all these things are happening, because that shows that you have not put ur faith on a fraud.
Do u not know that if these things don't happen christ would been a lie?

Besides, is a church a gathering of the saints? No. The church is a recovery centre, an A.A group of some sort. The church is like a clinic. You don't find healthy persons in the clinic.
Why do u think the Bible calls Jesus Christ the great physician, the great healer? What is he healing us of?

Maybe the Op wanted to see angels and saints in church? We are still on earth, Angels and saints are in heaven.
And Christ didn't come to call the saints, he came for sinners. So maybe you and the Ops she try reading ur Bible to know that Christ said many shall come in his name and decieve many. And in the last days iniquity shall increase.

Succinctly stated. Thumbs up smiley
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Busybody2(f): 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
InesQor:
Kelsey Munger wrote this article here http://kelseymunger.com/2015/09/14/im-tired-of-being-a-christian/

Excerpts below. I feel she speaks for me on many levels, and these are some reasons I don't always announce that I am a Christian even though I adhere to Christ and his teachings.

What about you? Do you feel the same way? And what will you do about it?

Oh boy! Yours was one of the monikers I used to come across in this sections eons ago. One thing you need to understand is that we as humans are not perfect and stable and are being kept together by the grace of the Most High God, and as Anas09 stated everything you listed is in the Bible so don't allow stuffs like this to demoralise you.

You simply can't stop spending money because there are lots of fake currencies! You wouldn't stop travelling in cars and buses because there are increase in accidents so don't worry, God knows hence His promise that we should stand firm and let nothing move us and continue giving ourselves to the work of the Lord, as in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye it will all be over minutes and we would be transformed...

So please you just keep doing what you can and don't let the commandment from God to love Him and love our neighbours as ourselves depart from you.

Bible verses like this are there to remind us that God sees and knows all and nothing escapes His eyes...Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

It is well with your soul Bro.

1 Like

Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Anas09: 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
Sonoflucifer aka Melin, an Atheist? HahaHahahahahahhaah. I guess u don't even know what it means to be an Atheist.
@pleatton. You are a confused being. Take a stand.
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
Anas09:
Sonoflucifer aka Melin, an Atheist? HahaHahahahahahhaah. I guess u don't even know what it means to be an Atheist.
@pleatton. You are a confused being. Take a stand.
mellin?
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by BuhBye: 7:49am On Nov 12, 2015
Dnacode:

Yes I HV. y?
Thought maybe you would stop the self-torture and embrace your sexuality. :/
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 14, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Ramen.

That means noodles in Japanese

Naruto's favourite grin cheesy tongue kiss
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 14, 2015
Thoniameek:

That means noodles in Japanese

Naruto's favourite grin cheesy tongue kiss
Konichiwa !!

grin grin kiss
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by InesQor(m): 2:08am On Nov 16, 2015
Image123:

Read the article and jumped to my answer. You don't have the monopoly of personal pronouns i'm sure.
Oh dear me. I would have thought it sensible and rational that if someone replies on a thread and mentions nobody, but uses a pronoun then we can assume the person is referring to the OP.

No vex oh.
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by InesQor(m): 2:09am On Nov 16, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
WOW!!!!!!!

INESQOR!!!!!!

Was thinking about you some days back and going through your old threads. Hope you are good. amanfrommars/muskeeto cool
Heeey brother man! Lol good to see you here again. How body? No mind me jare, I hardly come around here anymore!! Yes I'm fine thanks smiley
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by InesQor(m): 2:13am On Nov 16, 2015
Reyginus:
InesQor defines an idea of a thing and then interprets it to mean another thing. The things you are tired of in the first place are largely not Christian so you can not claim to be tired of being a Christian. You can simply say you are tired of pretending to be a Christian.

Lol see how you just blackguarded me like that sha.

The "tired of being a Christian" is used loosely and in a sardonic manner. It is written in such a way as to make Christians see that they need to pay attention to some issues, and not that the author or myself is ACTUALLY tired of being a Christian. Urgh let's not be so literal. We were expected to read between the lines here. That's why I'm asking, did people really read the article?

If I say I'm tired of being a Nigerian because the whole world has stereotyped us as internet fraudsters, does it mean that I plan to change nationality? Or rather does it mean that I am not satisfied with some things generally associated with Nigerians and I wish to draw attention to those issues?

Sarcasm, sarcasm! smiley
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by InesQor(m): 2:16am On Nov 16, 2015
Busybody2:

Oh boy! Yours was one of the monikers I used to come across in this sections eons ago. One thing you need to understand is that we as humans are not perfect and stable and are being kept together by the grace of the Most High God, and as Anas09 stated everything you listed is in the Bible so don't allow stuffs like this to demoralise you.
Thanks! I didn't mean it literally though. It's just a think piece for the Christians that are not paying attention to a hurting world, and the article loaded with a little exaggeration.
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Image123(m): 12:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
InesQor:

Oh dear me. I would have thought it sensible and rational that if someone replies on a thread and mentions nobody, but uses a pronoun then we can assume the person is referring to the OP.

No vex oh.

You have a right to your thoughts, i was never vexed.
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by InesQor(m): 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2015
Image123:

You have a right to your thoughts, i was never vexed.

Don't vex that i thought you vexed. Your "you don't have the monopoly of personal pronouns I'm sure" was uncalled for if you didn't vex, though. But that's my own problem, I guess.
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Image123(m): 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
InesQor:

Don't vex that i thought you vexed. Your "you don't have the monopoly of personal pronouns I'm sure" was uncalled for if you didn't vex, though. But that's my own problem, I guess.

Jesus Christ. Okay just have the last word and stop this game already.
Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by PastorAIO: 4:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
Image123:

Jesus Christ. Okay just have the last word and stop this game already.

... He says as he grabs the last word all for himself and gobbles it down.

1 Like

Re: "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians by Image123(m): 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2015
PastorAIO:

... He says as he grabs the last word all for himself and gobbles it down.

How many sachets of pure water do you need for relevance sir?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mystical Power Of The Psalms / The Social Effects Of Religious Beliefs In Nigeria. / The First Church Of Lucifer Has Been Sites In Coulunbia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.