Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,816 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola (2090 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Bola Tinubu,Fashola & Ambode / Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode Record Landslide Victory At Polling Units - Vanguard / Foluke Mudashiru Is Dead (Former Lagos First Lady) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by Becomrrich: 5:53pm On May 01, 2009
In order of highest between

Kayode Jakande
Gbolahun Mudashiru
Mobolaji Johnson
Bola Tinubu
Tunde Fashola

I would rate Jakande as the best governor of lagos because Jakande built all nearly all the school , more than half of them and nearly 90% of the estate in lagos. Jakande is the best governor Nigeria as ever had. He would have been president if we never had military govt.  Gbolahun was able to rebuild some of Jakande built with less than 9 month in office, Military man with a vision. Mobolaji Johnson would be credited with the road network in lagos. I would say Bola Tinubu effort for his rebuilding some of the road in the Island place him at 4th. I cant rate fashola, but from what you people say. He should be number five.

And the lagos state govt should rename LASU, Kayode Jakande University(KYU) while he is still alive to enjoy the work of his hand. He is a great man.
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by Fhemmmy: 8:33pm On May 01, 2009
Fashola is doing great.
jakande did well as well with the resources he has then, and with all the useless leaders he has around him as of then.

1 Like

Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by McKren(m): 8:57pm On May 01, 2009
does it matter how long this people were or have been in office

You people should help Fashola remain grounded  . . . . Lagos is not yet Geneva or Honk Kong
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by rasputinn(m): 10:03am On May 02, 2009
@ OP

Could you please delete the name of Gbolahan Mudashiru from that equation
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by jimmysho(m): 11:20am On May 02, 2009
pple are free wit their opinion.
using different indices, everyone of them has performed in their own capacity.
so, selecting the best could be cumbasome
we should rather consentrate on tellin fasola his fault so that he can do more though he is fantastically well
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by Becomrrich: 1:41pm On May 02, 2009
[img]http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/image/image_gallery?img_id=1011[/img]

that is mudashiru picture. You can go and count the number of school building he built in lagos with less than a year in power. I do not know the number but he is the second best governor so far in lagos.

What I used to rate them is contribution to facilties in lagos state. And not how much they pay pressmen.

Jakande is the best in Nigeria so far. It is an issue of having vision. You do not need 4 years to change a society and leave your mark. Mudashiru within is short time on earth did. Even you want to know this. He never stole and not only that , where he was living some time back after his dead, his wife and children were service with notice to leave the place.

This man was in power there and did not steal and He built may be more that 500 to 1000 of those school building within less than 1 year. It is not like some people who after they became governors , they own a airline and another own a majority share in an oil company. Leader must be God fearing.
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by rasputinn(m): 7:00am On May 03, 2009
Becomrrich:

[img]http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/image/image_gallery?img_id=1011[/img]

that is mudashiru picture. You can go and count the number of school building he built in lagos with less than a year in power. I do not know the number but he is the second best governor so far in lagos.

What I used to rate them is contribution to facilties in lagos state. And not how much they pay pressmen.

Jakande is the best in Nigeria so far. It is an issue of having vision. You do not need 4 years to change a society and leave your mark. Mudashiru within is short time on earth did. Even you want to know this. He never stole and not only that , where he was living some time back after his dead, his wife and children were service with notice to leave the place.

This man was in power there and did not steal and He built may be more that 500 to 1000 of those school building within less than 1 year. It is not like some people who after they became governors , they own a airline and another own a majority share in an oil company. Leader must be God fearing.

He can build Rome and Paris in Lagos within seven days for all I care,but having come to power through the barrel of a gun,he is nothing but a power thief,and I don't reckon with his like
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by TOYOSI20(f): 7:02am On May 03, 2009
TOPIC

Fashola seems to be doing an awful lot for the State of Lagos, things are turning out for the better. . . . i

hope he continues to get all the support he needs!!

Kudos Fash!!
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by Enquirer: 8:34am On May 03, 2009
Fashola is doing extremely well but I think he should not be in the list yet as he is still in office. We can look at his legacy vis-a-vis that of other governors when he's through with his tenure.
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:35pm On Jan 06
Thank God for Tinubu who is a genius in scouting for best hands.

1 Like

Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by Praxis758: 6:23pm On Jan 06
Without controversy, Lateef Jakande is the father of modern Lagos.

Baba Kekere conceived and birthed the major infrastructures in Lagos.

The praises being heaped for the 1999 - 2007 are mere propagandas and emptiness.
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by Racoon(m): 6:30pm On Jan 06
Lateef Jakande - Baba Kekere. His astounding legacies in Lagos are just overwhelming. Rest in peace sir. I met him as governor in Lagos back then.
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by Nzogbu2012: 6:31pm On Jan 06
Many of the Indomie generation will not idea idea about governance during.Mudashiru and Jakande administration...but I can tell.you for free that many people. benefitted from late pa Jakande than.any other governors in Lagos state..Jakande really did well in Lagos state than anyone the past governor....most of the initiatives in Lagos State are the raw idea of the Late Pa Jakande...The BRT, Train station, healthcare,.Roads and so on...

Late Pa Jakande really came.to serve though him to chop money oh...which was later taken away by another sharp Yoruba guy....who is among the Richest Yoruba men today.....
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by Nigercity: 7:33pm On Jan 06
Fashola
By far
Followed by
Ambode, then tinubu

Sanwo is seriously doing nothing compare to the others
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by Tflex01: 8:02pm On Jan 06
2009 thread in 2024 grin ?

Una no get work but I like how every successive governor in Lagos outperforms that previous.

It is Sanwoolu for me. cool
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by Tflex01: 8:06pm On Jan 06
Nigercity:
Fashola
By far
Followed by
Ambode, then tinubu

Sanwo is seriously doing nothing compare to the others

Because he hasn't had any quarrel with Tinubu. The day he starts fighting with Tinubu he will become the best governor ever to you guys. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by Christistruth00: 8:10pm On Jan 06
They were all good Governors

Sanwo Olu is Splendid
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by opamoses1: 8:10pm On Jan 06
Tough question.
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by opamoses1: 8:12pm On Jan 06
Praxis758:
Without controversy, Lateef Jakande is the father of modern Lagos.

Baba Kekere conceived and birthed the major infrastructures in Lagos.

The praises being heaped for the 1999 - 2007 are mere propagandas and emptiness.
He is also a Yoruba man from Omu Aran, Kwara State. God bless his soul.

He also ran on the party of Another great man Awolowo who encouraged him to run for the governorship of Lagos state.
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by KwuoteYourFada: 8:17pm On Jan 06
Who noticed all the early comments of old, nobody talked about the iragbijii microphone licker everyone was talking about Fashola

1 Like

Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by Tflex01: 8:21pm On Jan 06
KwuoteYourFada:
Who noticed all the early comments of old, nobody talked about the iragbijii microphone licker everyone was talking about Fashola

Does it matter?

Who brought Fashola??
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by Nigercity: 9:32pm On Jan 06
Tflex01:

Because he hasn't had any quarrel with Tinubu. The day he starts fighting with Tinubu he will become the best governor ever to you guys. cheesy
Every thing is not tribalism
Don't you get that?

When did you enter Lagos?
I want to know, because there's no way you would rate sanwo ahead of fashola or tinubu

Op asked for best governors Lagos had
And I mentioned, Fashola, ambode and tinubu above the others including the current one
But your myopic reason still thinks it is about tribes

Oga grow up!
Everyone is not tribalistic as you are?
Re: Rate Best Governor Opf Lagos Between Jakande,mudashiru,johnson,tinubu,fashola by KwuoteYourFada: 9:39pm On Jan 06
Tflex01:

Does it matter?

Who brought Fashola??

Lagosians voted him in

These early comments are the most genuine assessment of the best governors of Lagos State

What are we even talking about self

The fact that lagosians left him and voted obi speaks volume

(1) (Reply)

Thief Orji Uzo Kalu Goes To Rome. Did He Tell The Pope How Much He Stole? / Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State / Ben Moriss Bruce Joins Bayelsa State Governorship Race.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.