Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,385 members, 7,800,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships (58669 Views)

Guys Trying To Impress Ladies - Read This / Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! / The Bitter Truth For Struggling Guys In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
Have you ever dipped your fingers in a pot of Melon Soup (Egusi) without heating or getting it refrigerated? The next day, be sure that your soup will become sour!!! This is possibly what could become of your relationship and emotional feelings when 'distance' is involved, especially, when this 'distance' is not handled with enough maturity!

I personally think it is basically foolish trying to maintain distant relationships when the two persons involve do no wish to get married or are not ready to settle down as husband and wife within the shortest possible time! If your girlfriend lives in Uyo and you live in Akure, the burden and regular emotional pains that distant relationships bring could be better tamed if both of you would be tying the knot as soon as possible. On the other hand, in a situation where both of you are still confused on the future of the relationship or there are no serious plans for marriage on ground, you could both be deceiving yourselves while living in constant emotional torture!!! wink

'Love', no matter how fake it is, grows when the persons that are involved are physically present with each other to ignite the ingredients of romance in the relationship. When romance leaves through the door in a relationship, affection, care and attention are definitely going to leave through the windows! 'Love' would become a mirage and relationship would be recklessly abandoned and forgotten!

As partners, doing things together such as going to the cinema, shopping, strolling and holding hands in the park, watching movies together at home, cracking jokes and seeing the smiles on the faces of each other go a long way in boosting romance cool. On the contrary, these things are not present in distant affairs! Relationship needs physical body contact, if truth be told. That's the easiest way to reduce unnecessary tension, jealousy, accusations and counter-accusations, constant cheating and lying and all other funny things that go along with distant affairs!!!

In this world that we live in, where materialism and sex are fast becoming the foundations of most relationships, you should sincerely think about it...whether the one you romantically call 'your love' is fervently sincere with you too cool. I mean, phone calls and chats are just so boring and useless without physical contact!!!

I am not a misogynist and has never been but experiences and observations have clearly shown that ladies cheat more in distant relationships because they are more prone to romantic pressures from other men; some may be carried away by materialism and the pressure to have sex!!! This explains why you may be in Warri, happy that you have a loving girlfriend that lives in Lagos, not knowing that one sharp banker with slick tongue and posh car is banging her in and out! In no time, her care and attention for you would decrease; she would call and text lesser and discussions on phone would become so boring! You should know it is almost coming to an end! wink. If you don't have any plans of getting married soonest, don't waste your time on distant affairs! I would even suggest you use the money you spend on regular, boring and long phone calls on online betting because you cold be wasting your resources on a girl someone else is 'eating' cool

Distant relationship is full of pains, lies, emotional trauma, unnecessary troubles, jealousy and fear all occassioned by lack of physical presence!

324 Likes 50 Shares

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by sojax2cool(m): 11:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hahahhahahah grin cheesy grin me again? Well, this is Dedicated to all FTC crew on nairaland. Sojax is here.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
sojax2cool:
On point
grin Thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
Sense wey God say make people share small-small nai only this OP just kari for head.. Chai!

164 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Mikocake(m): 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2015

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
G
Guy, na so you be? What's is 'G'?

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:14pm On Oct 20, 2015
Mikocake:
op your mind dey there...im a first hand witness...this dude would vow for her babe but not knowing the babe is servicing with herself with a school crush...while he is away preparing for their better tomorrow in another state.
Distant relationship is an ill wind; the experience is not worth it.

5 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Beesluv: 11:14pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hmmm, true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
Beesluv:
Hmmm, true
wink Sure, you know cool
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
Rapmoney:
Guy, na so you be? What's is 'G'?
Shuu! Na u get my space-booking spirit?

4 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by NiRfreak(m): 11:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
Distant relationship and marriage are two journeys you must embark on with sheer FAITH otherwise you will just end up with HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE coupled with SUDDEN DEATH. If you don't have enough faith desist from those two journeys until you must have gathered enough faith as your shock absorber.

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
Shuu! Na u get my space-booking spirit?
Make I leave u because of say u be real Urhobo boy! wink grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
Rapmoney:
Make I leave u because of say u be real Urhobo boy! wink grin
Lol bros.. Your teeth complete cheesy

8 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
NiRfreak:
Distant relationship and marriage are two journeys you must embark on with sheer FAITH otherwise you will just end up with HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE coupled with SUDDEN DEATH. If you don't have enough faith desist from those two journeys until you must have gathered enough faith as your shock absorber.
When dem no know wetin to talk for phone again, the guy go dey ask the babe, 'What did you eat this evening?' !!! Hehehe grin See problem o! Tomorrow, e go still ask the same question! Is it not just so boring?

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Laveda(f): 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
Alright. . Nice writeup I agree with you on this cool

13 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
Lol bros.. Your teeth complete cheesy
I dey tell you! Na we we...na Warfi connection! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
Laveda:
Alright. . Nice writeup I agree with you on this cool
I appreciate! cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by markpeakson(m): 11:24pm On Oct 20, 2015
seriously.
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 20, 2015
Guys are having a rethink#

Breaking up things#

18 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by NiRfreak(m): 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
Rapmoney:
When dem no know wetin to talk for phone again, the guy go dey ask the babe, 'What did you eat this evening?' !!! Hehehe grin See problem o! Tomorrow, e go still ask the same question! Is it not just so boring?
funny enough one guy is massaging her soft asss in the background while you call and whine about your painful love....smh

35 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
markpeakson:
seriously.
Yeah, of course.
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:32pm On Oct 20, 2015
NiRfreak:
funny enough one guy massage her soft asss in the background while you call and whine about your painful love....smh
Hehehehe grin Some guys dey suffer o!

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:34pm On Oct 20, 2015
stupidity:
Guys are having a rethink#

Breaking up things#
It is better avoided than solved. Solving it aint easy...it mostly lead to break up because so many lies and infidelity have piled up! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by NiRfreak(m): 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2015
Rapmoney:
Hehehehe grin Some guys dey suffer o!
Speaking from experience my brother.......I have once done the background massaging.

27 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
NiRfreak:
Speaking from experience my brother.......I have once done the background massaging.
So u have first-hand knowledge of what some girls are up to...though, the painful aspect is that I don't think u knew what the other guy was passing through! It is an emotional torment! grin

13 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
yes I live in Uyo n he stays in Akure n its going to work whether u like it or not. My parent lived apart for d first 16yrs of deir marriage, now dey r living together happily n till death. So OP its abt wat we want n our determination. So u can go n knock off ur head or neck in fact hit something BT if u think coming here to get supporters to destroy wat we av build is going to make us crack, den I can c how frustrated u r. Mind ur damn biz cos its enough trouble for u. Mtcheew....

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 20, 2015
Op are you trying to say only girls cheat in distant relationship?

21 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 20, 2015
Rapmoney:
I dey tell you! Na we we...na Warfi connection! cheesy
na so boss, as e dey hot! cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
GahtU:
yes I live in Uyo n he stays in Akure n its going to work whether u like it or not. My parent lived apart for d first 16yrs of deir marriage, now dey r living together happily n till death. So OP its abt wat we want n our determination. So u can go n knock off ur head or neck in fact hit something BT if u think coming here to get supporters to destroy wat we av build is going to make us crack, den I can c how frustrated u r. Mind ur damn biz cos its enough trouble for u. Mtcheew....
Can you give me a good reason why you are taking this so personal? Nobody mentioned your name! I don't even know you or know whether you are in a distant affair or not!!! See problem o! Abeg, dey your lane! cool

130 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:55pm On Oct 20, 2015
StephanieEzeh:
Op are you trying to say only girls cheat in distant relationship?
I never said that! I only said observations clearly show that women are more likely to cheat due to romantic pressures and what love has degenerated to.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
Rapmoney:
I never said that! I only said observations clearly show that women are more likely to cheat due to romantic pressures and what love has degenerated to.
so what has luv degenerated to if I may ask?
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 12:01am On Oct 21, 2015
StephanieEzeh:
so what has luv degenerated to if I may ask?
Don't expect me to provide an answer to such worthless question.

23 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Reasons Why Guys Nigerian Dump Ladies After Getting Under Their Skirts / My Brother In-law Is Cheating, Should I Tell My Sister? / A Night That Destroyed Me.....sex Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.