Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

(BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) (35193 Views)

WEEP NOT WOMAN, A Picture Poem About Women facing Marital assault and batter. / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / It Pays To Be Honest(a Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

(BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 11:25pm On Oct 20, 2015
hello guys ,here is another story from me.i hope u will enjoy it as much as the last one

On that sunny afternoon tunde was at a nearby super market to get fresh eggs for  the house, funke was smiling at him  from the counter, one  of the other customers at the shop had to look back at him to see who she was smiling at, when it was his turn to pay he slipped a thousand naira on the table for her and whispered “ see you at 7” then she replied “ I wouldn’t  miss  that for anything in the world” then he left the shop,  on walking down the street back to the house, suddenly he heard car tires screeching!!!!! behind him, he looked back but couldn’t fully get a full view of the car before being KNOCKED INTO THE NEARBY GUTTER, that was the last thing he remembered.

RECAP

After the presentation to their clients that afternoon his boss said to him “Nice job u did there Tunde , I knew you gave it your best shot“ I looked at him with a sad face and nodded  then he said “ don’t feel bad about It, you are still the best 3D designer we have got around here, such thing happen when you work too hard, you know what  I have discovered  from my experience in this job? it is that you need time to get away , that way you get new ideas, new inspiration, so if I were you I wouldn’t waste time on this issue , tomorrow morning I will be on the plane jetting out to somewhere nice” he said with a smile and left his office, he learned back in he's chair turned around and stare at the busy road from the glass wall of my office, then he thought “ I think Mr. smith is right, I need some rest ,I need some new ideas, I need to go somewhere inspiring, but were will I even go? ,France?, Italy?, Holland? ” the ring tone of his cell phone brought him back to reality, he looked at the screen and it was his cousin Dayo from Nigeria,

”  hey badoo!, how you dey ” he said “ omo I just dey  low-key o, how is work? “ he said, ‘ Men work is ok jare , just a little stressed out noni ” he replied, “ men you need to dey rest o” I was just thinking of where to spend two weeks out of my leave self, wait how is your schedule for the next two weeks “ he said , “ next two weeks? Nothing much, just work, do you want to come to naija?” he said “ yeah ,abi what do you think? ” he  replied “it’s cool , but hope you will be able to cope when am at work sha” I go manage jare he said ” ok no problem make the arrangements and let me know your schedule for arrival ok” he said, “no problem bro will do that” have got to go bro will talk to you later.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by sojax2cool(m): 11:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
Ok
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 11:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
sojax2cool:
Ok
bro u fast o

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 8:42pm On Oct 21, 2015
he got to Nigeria less than a week later and it was fun, his cousin showed him around his home and introduced him to a couple of friends, his first weekend was fun, they went out to public viewing  center to watch football then ended up at the club at night.

On Monday morning his cousin left home very early for work but left a note for him on the kitchen table and it reads “morning bro am off to work, make you self comfortable ok, be back  by 6pm” he looked at the time ,it was 9am” wow if I had woken up by this time in new York ,I would have been running down the street so I could get to work early I thought” he looked around the house and found out there wasn’t light” oh shit, this Nigerian government as not fixed the power problem yet” . Later that morning he fixed himself something to eat slept a lot more, when it was afternoon he got  tired of the light issue and decided he was going out to have some fun,he was about living the house when he noticed that nepa had brought the light ,he was tempted to stay back in the house so he did, he spent the rest of the day downloading some latest movies and music from my cousins laptop that he left for me.

Days went by and he became more bored ,his cousin had thought me how to on the generator but he hated the noise so he preferred to wait for nepa , he wasn’t really enjoying his holiday and no ispiration was coming to him.he was hungry one afternoon so he decided to fry some eggs ,on getting to the fridge he found out there were no eggs so he thought of buying eggs for the house, he left the house and went down the street where a small super market was located ,on entering the super market he met a woman at the counter , dark skinned , average  looking ,  guessing her age she should be few years younger than me but the most noticeable feature she has is that she is fat, not the shapeless kind of fat though ,she is well endowed but one couldn’t but  notice that she is fat.

she smiled at him as he entered the  shop, he greeted her and she said “ what do you want sir” he replied “ do you have eggs madam” forming American ascent, she looked at me and said “ sorry can you repeat that sir” then he smiled while feeling himself  before repeating himself “ I mean do you sell eggs” she smiled and said “yes of course u can go to the shelf by your right sir” he walked to the shelf grabbed a couple of small crates of eggs then moved to the counter ,” you are new in this area? “She asked , then he replied “ sure I am anything madam?” he asked jokingly ” nothing o just noticed that it’s a new face, did you just moved in? “ she said, not knowing the answer to give her then he said “ well I just came to spend some weeks with my cousin , he lives down the street “ he said, he noticed she was looking at him with so much attention that he was starting to feel uncomfortable .

she packed his eggs then he payed, he was about exiting the shop when he sliped and fell to the ground!!,all the eggs he bought got broken !!, he kept hearing sorry o!, sorry o !, from the fat woman and other customers that was about to enter into the shop, he got up , cleaned his clothes , she helped him get the broken eggs and to his surprise she went to the shelf and got new packs then gave then to me. he stood there looking at her then she turned and said “ you can leave the money sir’ sorry about everything “ he said "thank you but i have money for them,"and she said "dont worry about it just go,please take care of yourself " he was surprised because its been long since someone last gave him something for free,he said thank you again then left the shop.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by aolumaxi(m): 8:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
when will u continue nww

2 Likes

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by melekan(m): 9:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
3D glasses and my popcorn,so loving your story already.

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
aolumaxi:
when will u continue nww
am sorry bro.av been very busy this days,but dont worry i will be back soon

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
melekan:
3D glasses and my popcorn,so loving your story already.
thanks bro

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 11:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
Over  the next  2 days he couldn’t count the number of times he visited the store to get something even the smallest of things, he was beginning  to get used to her , he was enjoying the little chats between them and he can bet that she was enjoying it to from the expression on her face. they got along very well that later they exchanged numbers, he added her on whatsapp and they chat all day .
Occasionally he visit the shop just to pick up a few things and also to get a glimpse of her beautiful face.

It was Sunday morning , he was still on bed when he got a message from her that says “hello dear” then he replied “ my sweetheart , how was your night” she puts a smilly face and wrote “ it was great dear, I slept like a baby” then he replied by saying “ wow that’s cool dear, so whats your plan for the day” she waiting for a while before replying by saying” I  just got dressed for church, will soon be leaving” then he said” ok no problem make sure you pray for me too sha” then she asked “ instead of you to get up and come with me “ he gave a smilly face  and said” because of you I would have come but to be honest am not really the religious type, I believe in God but I don’t believe in going to church” then she replied with “ ok o, have got to go now” immediately and idea came to hes head” what will you be doing after church” “ nothing will just be home “ she replied, “ ok why don’t you come over to my place” he said “ hmmm , your place?, ok where do you stay” she said “ the blue roof house down the street I said” I said “ wait is that not where  Mr  Dayo stays “she said then he replied “ yes , Dayo is my cousin” she went silent at the other end of the phone until I shouted hello, then she replied “am sorry tunde, I cant come”I sent a message saying “ why don’t you want to come” it shows that she as read it but she never replied then later she was offline.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by melekan(m): 12:07am On Oct 26, 2015
i wana baptize you with the name Mystery,wetin happen nah? dis guy just day wet ma appetite and make me hunger for more..................
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 7:32am On Oct 28, 2015
melekan:
i wana baptize you with the name Mystery,wetin happen nah? dis guy just day wet ma appetite and make me hunger for more..................
lolz.thanks bro, and sorry fir the late updates , have been very busy thats why.

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 7:33am On Oct 28, 2015
he became worried, thinking of why she refused his invitation “why did she refuse to come when she found out dayo was his cousin ? what could have happened between them” a knock on his room door brought him back to reality “ come in he said , dayo walks in smiling and shouting “badoo, how your night?” it was cool jare he replied ,he sat on the bed and they chatted for a while ,then an idea came to him, then I said” I don’t think there are any more drinks in the fridge, do you have idea if funke’ s store  will be opened today “ dayo he looked at him with what  seemed to be a calm reaction but tunde could see the curiousness in he’s eyes, then he said “ who is funke ? “ wait you mean you have stayed in this neighborhood for years and you don’t know who is funke, ok she owns the store down the street “ he gave a cruel smile while nodding his head simultaneously and said “oh mercy, that’s what we call her around here, i never knew she bears funke , seems you guys are getting along pretty well for her to tell you her  other name, so tell me, what else did she tell you ” tunde looked at him and said “ nothing else we are just friends “ he smiled and said “ ok sha, I don’t think she will ,don’t worry we will go some other places” he started thinking there was actually nothing between them  because dayo didn’t give much reactions to be worried about until he said “ you seems to be having fun around the neighborhood and am really happy about that but please don’t get yourself involved in any sh.it around here “ he stood up and left the room.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 9:51am On Oct 28, 2015
comments pls
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by henryukwa(m): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2015
nice job bro, your last story was amazing especially the last update cry cry cry
please keep it up, and please keep up the regular updates too, don't be like others in this section that we beg endlessly for updates angry sad

one love.

3 Likes

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by Olaide59(f): 10:40am On Oct 28, 2015
Keep dah fire burning bro, u're doing a great job here

2 Likes

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 11:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
henryukwa:
nice job bro, your last story was amazing especially the last update cry cry cry
please keep it up, and please keep up the regular updates too, don't be like others in this section that we beg endlessly for updates angry sad

one love.
thanks for the encouragement bro.appreciate
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 11:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
Olaide59:
Keep dah fire burning bro, u're doing a great job here
thanks dear.u are special
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by ValentineMary(m): 5:52am On Oct 29, 2015
Nice

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 6:42am On Oct 29, 2015
ValentineMary:
Nice
thanks
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by Xxpress(m): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2015
What brought me to the thread is the tittle cos lil Wayne sang a song with dat, but seriously, am stucked here. Keep it up bro.

2 Likes

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
sorry guys for not updating for sometime now.av bin busy and even when i have time to write nepa is not helping matters. as in even me self they vex say i neva update, a beg make una get patience with me.thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2015
The next day he went to funke’s store as usual but to his surprise she as not opened her store,he tried her number but it was not available so he waited for about 2 hours but yet  she didn’t come ,so he went back to the house. Later that evening he tried her number again and he was filled with so much joy as he head the first tone signaling that its ringing, “ hello!” she said “ na wa o what happened since morning have been trying to reach you” then she said “ am really sorry dear, I had to take my younger sister back to school this morning”  wait you still have a younger sister ? he asked “ sure I do naw , she’s the baby of the house , almost through with secondary school though ,she’s in her final year “  wow that’s interesting , any ways when are you going to open the store ? ,then she said “ am at the store already”  surprised he said "really?  I didnt know that , see you in a minute", he hanged up the phone and rushed to her shop.

On getting to her shop she welcomed him with a smile and said “ am sorry “ no problem dear” then she said “ so how has been your day?” not fine jare have been worried , but it’s still better than yesterday sha “ what happened yesterday?” she replied , “ have you forgotten that you refused my invite” he asked jokingly ,then she said  with a changed face and now frowning” tunde please I don’t want to talk about that, I wouldn’t appreciate you bringing up that matter again please!” he observed her for a minute then said “ am sorry , but don’t you think I deserve to know why” now looking at him with a little anger on her face she said “tunde I said stop it!” now smiling he said “ am sorry , can’t you see that I was joking with you “ still looking angry she said “ I don’t like it!!” he kept smiling just to indicate that he was joking , she  later smiled when he cracked some jokes and from there they talked about other things for a while even agued with some customers on some relationship issues that was been discussed on the radio.he was about going when he said to her “funke  will you go on a date with me? “ she smiled and looked at him then said “hmmm, I would have loved to but there is no one  to leave my shop with” he looked at her still smiling then said, ok what about after you closed the shop  , she laughed and said “ hun hun hun , am sorry dear but I don’t keep late night” the smile on his face disappeared and he was now looking serious then said “ ok no problem if you don’t want to go out with me “ she looked at him with a serious face too and said “ no its not what you think , I honestly don’t keep late nights “ he drew in a deep breath and said ok , but to his surprise she said with a teasing eyes   “  will you like to come over to my place” with excitement all written on his face he said “ are you serious , I wouldn’t miss that for anything in the world” she laughed and said “ ok then  I will give you a call when I  closed the shop, “ ok dear I will be expecting” he left the shop smiling.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
comment please
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2015
comments please
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by ashatoda: 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
qwom qontinue abegi

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by GeniusDavid(m): 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
bro continue!
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2015
ashatoda:
qwom qontinue abegi
no froblem
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
GeniusDavid:
bro continue!
yes boss
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
he got a call from her that night telling him how to get to her house on the street, It was a bit farther than the shop so he trekked down, he didn’t even call his cousin to let him know he was going out because he fear he might discourage me, so I left for her house.

on getting  there he was invited inside a well furnished  house with not too big space just moderate. “ you are welcome to my place she said “  he laughed and said “you are funny , abeg leave all the formality jare” in order not to make the whole thing boring he asked her” so what did you cook?” she smiled at him and said “ hope you don’t mind rice and plantain” he looking at her and said “ hmmm!!!,  have  I ever told you that’s my favorite but  ” she rolled her eyes and said “ok let me tell you the truth , you did tell me” they both laughed and moved to the kitchen to eat on the dining table .

After eating they both talked for a while about religion, music and movies , although he did most of the listening while he allowed her to talk ,he kept nodding his head in response but deep down in his heart  he wanted to kiss her badly ,wanted to touch her, he never used to love fat women but this one got him turned on, he kept his eyes on her lips and the more he steer at her the more he wanted her so badly so he learned forward and kissed her on the lips ,she just paused while he kissed her, she kissed him back taken his lips in her mouth then he withdrew from her and smiled, then I said “ hmm you were saying  something “ she looked at him and try to talk but she couldn’t , she tried again but the words would not just come out ,then he learned forward to kiss her again, this time she was ready for him because he felt the passion with which she kissed him, later on they were both out of their cloths and making  love in the bedroom he didn’t even remember how they got there ,but what he noticed was that he has never used so much energy while making love to a woman ,he was exhausted but really it was the best sex he ever had.

It was around 11pm when his phone rang, he looked at the screen and it was his cousin dayo he picked it and said “ hello bro” he could sense that he was troubled while he said” o boy were you dey na!” he laughed and said “ calm down I they my babe house “ still troubled he said “your babe?! , you no tell me say you  done get babe na!!” him still laughing when I said “ no worry jare, me wan crash here tonight , I go come back tomorrow “  then he said “ wait hope say no be funke house you they sha !!“ then he replied “ who else naw ?na she”  with a low voice he said “ ok o ,sha be careful, I don’t want her to involve you in all this” tunde changed his position on the bed so that he could be backing her then said “ what do you mean ?” then he said with a warning tone “ sha be careful! , i don’t want you to get hurt, please be back early tomorrow “ he said  then dropped the call.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by mclaaro(f): 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2015
Please continue nau sad

2 Likes

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by Dbest247: 8:25pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ah why u dey do like dis na keep d update longer at least na
But ur story is interesting

3 Likes

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 8:32pm On Oct 30, 2015
Dbest247:
Ah why u dey do like dis na keep d update longer at least na
But ur story is interesting
bro no be my fault o.nepa no they encourage me abeg

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Write A Letter To Apply For Loan In Your Company / The Last Bus / Chimamanda Adichie Nearly Cried Seeing Mother, Grace Ifeoma Read Online Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.