Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

(BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) (35218 Views)

WEEP NOT WOMAN, A Picture Poem About Women facing Marital assault and batter. / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / It Pays To Be Honest(a Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by Olaide59(f): 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2015
sha take it easy o Tunde

2 Likes

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by ideatoprince18(m): 8:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
**** bia iya sikura bring 2 bottle of origin***** ..... ***** sits down wit my origin in d next available space .... **** my Igbo between my lips**** 0ga boyo do fast b4 I break ur head!!!!

2 Likes

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by dherbee: 12:41am On Oct 31, 2015
lol! nice 1 boyo!!!

MhizDherbee is following

2 Likes

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 1:09am On Oct 31, 2015
ideatoprince18:
**** bia iya sikura bring 2 bottle of origin***** ..... ***** sits down wit my origin in d next available space .... **** my Igbo between my lips**** 0ga boyo do fast b4 I break ur head!!!!
lolz.if u break my head wetin i go use write the story naw

2 Likes

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 8:44am On Oct 31, 2015
he switched off his phone and turned back but funke was already sleeping so he slept beside her. the next morning  he was still sleeping when he felt someone’s hand touching me, he woke up to see funke’s head on his chest  while she uses her hand to rub his stomach, she was heavy but he didn’t mind , then he said with a sleeping voice “ good morning honey”  she smiled and said "good morning dear, hope you had a nice night” he smiled back and said “sure I did, you were fast asleep yesterday “  without looking at him she said “ yes now!,who wouldn’t after you handled me like that” she taped his stomach, “so you enjoyed it?” he asked, she chuckled and gave him a soft kiss on the lip then she withdrew back to her former position. While steering at her a thought came to my head then he said “I want to ask you a question and I don’t want you to cut me off” she adjusted but didn’t say a word then he continued” I demand to know what is between you and dayo”  yet she didn’t say a word, “ funke !“ he called her name , she just adjusted but didn’t say anything ,then I was about to say something when she said “ its better you don’t know about it, I don’t want to get you involved” he leaned up, now looking serious, “ I can take it, funke, I can take anything, was he your ex boyfriend or something? “ now she lifted herself up and moved to her own side of the bed, then she said “ no he wasn’t my ex boyfriend, he was my brothers friend” she paused and he said “ok am listening”  she continued “ dayo was a friend to my elder brother kunle , when dayo moved to this neighborhood he became friends with my brother,  kunle was a decent guy but dayo influenced him, he thought him all kind of things, he changed my brother, thought him how to take all kind of hard drugs ,cocaine, Indian hemp and all likes, my brother started misbehaving  when he became an addict, dayo was a bad influence on him ,he knew how take control his urge when he needed to take those things but he didn’t teach kunle that” now crying, he moved closer to her so she could rest her head on my chest again while she continued” the other time I came late to work , after dropping my sister at  school, I went over to see him” now sobbing seriously , he put his hand on her back to calm her down then he said “ were is your brother now?” she wiped her eyes and said the psychiatric hospital” he allowed her to take her time before she continued, “after dad  died kunle  was our hope of survival, he was our everything ,very hard working and religious until he met your cousin” me still rubbing her back then she said “ after  he was admitted to the hospital ,mum and I made the police arrest dayo and the  supplier of those drugs  after  which we got death threats from the group, mum died in the process too, I tried to fight on but the threats were too much for me to handle so I dropped the case”  .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by dherbee: 10:15am On Oct 31, 2015
Wow! Short updates........... pls make it longer

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by aolumaxi(m): 11:07am On Oct 31, 2015
now the story has taken a new turn.... faster update plss

2 Likes

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by melekan(m): 2:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
who get rope abeg? make i go drag this OP come make him update...
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by Olaide59(f): 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
You guys should please chill for him(boyo123). He's a lil bit sick

2 Likes

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by Olaide59(f): 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
He's gonna update soon

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 1:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
Olaide59:
You guys should please chill for him(boyo123). He's a lil bit sick
thanks sweetheart .words cant explain how i feel right now
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by Olaide59(f): 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
boyo123:
thanks sweetheart .words cant explain how i feel right now
you're welcome

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ooooops, so dis story has gone so far lyk dis. U promisd 2 inform me bt u didnt @ boyo123. Glad I found it be4 it went 2 far sha. #following#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by dherbee: 7:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
Get well soon dear!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 3:17am On Nov 02, 2015
Maggielovely:
Ooooops, so dis story has gone so far lyk dis. U promisd 2 inform me bt u didnt @ boyo123. Glad I found it be4 it went 2 far sha. #following#
as so sorry dear, did know how to tag on nairaland that why.how be glad if u can explain to me sha incase of next time.and tanks for appreciating my work people will appreciate you too.

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 3:18am On Nov 02, 2015
dherbee:
Get well soon dear!!!
thanks for the well wishes am greatful dear

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 4:47am On Nov 02, 2015
he got back to the house that morning seriously confused,” is dayo such a bad person?, can he do all this things she said? ,what if he actually did it” he thought to himself, he went to dayo’s room, the door was open so he entered, he went straight to his wardrobe but couldn’t find anything, then went to his drawer but yet everything was clean , it was then that he decided to confront him since he didn’t have any evidence to hook him, he was seriously boiling with hanger at this point.

when he saw that he couldn’t wait any longer for him to get back from work  he dialed his number. dayo picked on the second ring and said “ hello bro!” with a hard voice I replied “ good morning”  then he said “ how your night? hope say you enjoy yourself “ he cut in “ abeg leave that one jare , how close were you to kunle?”  he stammered then said “which kunle ?, wait I hope that girl has not been feeding you with lies”  then tunde said “ if she has been  feeding me lies then you tell me the truth !“ he breathed hard into the phone and said “ I swear i wasn’t the course of kunle’s problems” still angry tunde said “ then prove it !“ he could feel that dayo was getting angry too when he said “ yes I can!, I can prove it!, she knows the truth that’s why she is acting like that towards me” then tunde said “ ok can you say all this in front of her if you get a chance to meet her? “ with a hurried voice he said “ sure !why not , I will be happy to clear my name” feeling a little better now tunde said “ try and get back from work early , at least before 8pm, don’t worry I will figure out a way to get you into her house” .

Dayo got back around 7:30pm,he jumped up immediately he head the car horn , got his phone and went outside, on entering the car he said “ oya lets go” then he said “ wait are you not going to call her first “ he looked at him with a don’t worry look and said “ I already did ,have informed her that am on my way, the plan is you will enter with me but you must not say anything ,let me do all the talking” they drove down the street were her house was and parked in front of it, they walked to the front door then tunde knocked , luckily for them she said from inside, “who is there” then he replied “ its tunde”  he heard her unbolt the door  and said “ come in” then walks away,  he was very happy , saying to himself , this is even easier than he thought, dayo and tunde entered the house and walked carefully to the sitting room, he noticed the sound of plates from the kitchen then said“ sweetheart  am in” she replied “ I will be with you  shortly” few minutes later she was coming from the kitchen while saying “sweetheart did you?” she froze as she saw dayo in her living room.  

#am still recovering but i need to say a big thank you to Olaide59 and dherbee .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 9:36am On Nov 02, 2015
Walking into the sitting room with her gaze locked with dayo’s she said “what are you doing here!?” tunde quickly stood up from the chair and moved toward her, “leave my house now!!” he held her hand although her weight was too much for him so he had to use more power to stop her, “tell him to leave my house “she said again, he held her tight and said “I brought him hear , he didn’t want to come but I forced him here”  so you brought  your devilish cousin into my house tunde, what exactly for ? hun , i said what for?, dayo now angry , he stood up  hissed and said “ if not for tunde , you think I will be here  so you could insult me!? ,am not here to beg you ok am only here to clear my name ,I never did anything wrong” tunde cut in “ what the hell is wrong with you , I said you should let me do the talking dayo ignored and said”  do you actually think I will stay here and watch  her insult me! ? , then he walked towards the door,” dayo wait for me in the car, make sure you don’t leave me here!”.

Funke now a bit relaxed “tunde you really disappointed me, I can’t still believe that you brought him into this house, “ its not what you think funke , he has told me his own side of the story although I don’t believe him yet , that’s why I brought him here so you can tell me if his telling the truth or not? “ funke said "I still don’t see the reason why he needs to be here”tunde still pleading replied her " from what he told me he said he knows nothing about what happened so why don’t you give him a chance to explain" she nodded her head then said “ but  he must insult me” tunde smiled a bit then said"don’t worry am sure he wouldn’t".

tunde went out to meet dayo in the car, it took him about 10minutes to persuade his cousin to come inside with me. they got inside the house to meet funke sitting on the biggest chair so they had to take the other smaller chairs, he looked at funke and said “I know he might say something’s that may get you angry, things that are contrary to what you believed was the truth but I will appreciate if you allow him to explain everything before you say yours “ she didn’t respond ,so he let her be then signaled to dayo to start talking “ I don’t have much to explain, just that I wasn’t responsible for what happened to kunle , truly we were close friends but I wasn’t the one that gave him drugs , I wasn’t the one that gave him all those things he was taking to be high, yes I know I drink a lot and I like to party but I don’t  smoke you know that well don’t you tunde? “ tunde nodded his head then dayo continued “ kunle was not all that  gentle as people thought and she knows that, he was a smoker even before we met , each time I talk to him about it he claims he needed it for work, that he has been using weed to study right from university days and it worked so he needs it now to keep up with his ever demanding job, I couldn’t stop him because I knew how much he needed it, kunle was the one that introduced me to capon” tunde was looking at funke all through but immediately he heard that he looked at him and said “ sorry to cut you in who is capon? “ dayo continued “ capon is the guy that supply kunle with most of the  drugs he took , he is the leader of one of the notorious cult groups( the scorpions) in the neighborhood ,when kunle fell ill she and her late mum got me arrested along with the gang ,I was just lucky to have been freed when the police  found out that I had no idea of what happened, the gang members had connections so they were released on time, after  the death of her mother she still sent some members of Bulls to come and beat me up” wait another cult group? “Yes, they are rivals with the scorpions” tunde turned to funke and said “so you left that part out!?”  funke now looking away, he then signaled to dayo to continue” she sent those guys to the scorpions too and that brought up a big fight between the two groups, leading to the death of capons younger brother, since then capon as been after anyone trying to help her “ he looked at funke who was now  facing down and I said “ why did you leave all that part out?”

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by Olaide59(f): 11:47am On Nov 02, 2015
boyo123:

#am still recovering but i need to say a big thank you to Olaide59 and dherbee .
you're welcome dear

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by KoyaCatrex98(f): 4:28am On Nov 03, 2015
Following bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by KoyaCatrex98(f): 4:29am On Nov 03, 2015
Following bumper to bumper. grin

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2015
tunde was very angry as he left her house, she couldn’t give him a good reason for leaving such an important part of the story. As they entered the car dayo said to him “ I tried to warn you, have told you she’s not the kind of woman you should be hanging around” tunde looked at him and just hissed ,then dayo said again "I just hope  those guys have not noticed the movement between you and her because they will come after you “ that statement struck him like a blow , he turned to dayo and asked “ what the hell for?!” with anger in his voice he said "didn’t you hear all I said in there? , the scorpions are after anyone who is close to her, they believe the person is a member of the bulls , recently the struggle between the two groups as reduced but the scorpions are still hurting and are ready to take advantage of any situation to start another fight” tunde raised his hand ,put it on his head and  said “ what have I gotten myself into like this!” .

tunde was still sleeping the next morning when he heard the sound of the bell downstairs, it continuously rang for like 10 minute but he ignored praying that the person will just go away, but after a while he saw that the person was not ready to go, so he got out of bed and went to the door, on opening the door who he saw surprised him.

“I thought you said you can’t come over here?” he asked her, “well it doesn’t seem like I have a choice now “ she said , he didn’t even bother to look her way “ i just want to say am sorry for everything tunde , I was scared that you might never want to get involve with me again, that was why I had to lie” tunde now looking at her “ so now that you have lied , you think I might still want to get involve with you?” he saw tears running down her cheeks as she says “you don’t know what you have done in my life tunde!, no one has ever made me happy as much as  you do tunde, the last few days as been the best time of my life!, have never felt that secured” if there is something he can’t stand in his life , it’s the tears of a woman ,he hates seeing a woman cry , so he moved closer to her grabbed her by the shoulder and said “ don’t worry ,everything is fine ,” she threw herself at him almost knocking him down  but he was able to regain his steps, he held her in that position as she cried for about 15min.

After she has stopped crying, he cracked some jokes that made her laugh then they talked about her brothers health for almost two hours later before she told him she was going to the store to open it, before she left she asked  “ are you coming to see me at my place tonight? “ he thought for a while not knowing the answer he was going to give her, he knew it will be risky if he tell her that he is no longer interested and of course It’s time for him to go back to the U.S , so he lied by saying "sure I will see you at 7, she kissed him goodbye and left.

BACK TO RECENT

The noise from the room woke him up, he could hear a woman shouting “ get the doctor!! , doctor please!! come over!! he just moved his hands!!” at that point he opened his eyes to see who was shouting , when she looked back and saw that his eyes were open she screamed again” doctor!!! , he as opened his eyes !!,his eyes! , his eyes!, his eyes! ” tunde looked at her but he couldn’t understand if she was crying or laughing because her face was shaped in the form of a smile and at the same time tears was dropping from her eyes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2015
he be like say the story no dey ok.this one wey people no gree drop comments
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by Itzjoy(f): 8:24pm On Nov 03, 2015
Present!......following bumper to bumper
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by aolumaxi(m): 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
continue bro
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2015
Kip 'em rolling
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by Osaze20091: 10:44am On Nov 04, 2015
Bring It On
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by melekan(m): 12:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
where rope day abeg? ah wan go drag this OP come make him update!

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by nocad(f): 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
Abeg o, op come and update oooo

1 Like

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
make una no vex abeg o.i will get u guys updated soon
Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 6:12pm On Nov 04, 2015
“thank God funke is here, he doesn't want her in his life anymore but he does not mind having her around at this crucial time “he thought ,as he lie on the hospital bed with plasters on his lips ,pop on his neck and also a broken leg ,he watched as she  sits there all day doing nothing but read novel and occasionally asking him if he is alright or if he needs something, also she does assist the nurse when she comes to give him injections .he stayed like that for complete two days before the doctor came on the 3rd day to observe his condition then told the nurse to remove the plaster on his lips that the injuries on his lips as healed , the first thing he said after the nurse that removed the plaster left was “ funke how long have I been here?”,she dropped the novel to move closer to the bed side, then said” I can hardly hear you ,can you say that again” then he repeated himself but to his surprise  she said “ tomorrow will make it a week since you got here” he tried to turn his neck to look at her but it was stiff and the pop wasn’t helping matters too so he decided to just say it without looking “what happened? i thought i have spent just two days ?” she smiled and said “ you only woke up two days ago, you have been in coma for 4 days” he was surprised , he that has never fainted before in his life was in coma ,he was about to ask another question when she said” please you need to rest now, the doctor said you shouldn’t talk much” he nodded my head in response then relaxed before sleeping off again.

It’s now 4 days at the hospital, funke told him that dayo was around the previous day but he was sleeping so he left because he had some things to do but he promised to be back that night. Funke hardly goes home, so he was a bit concerned, he asked her” who did you leave the store with?”  Without looking at him she said “I left it with a neighbors daughter, she usually assist me at the shop before she went for her exams, but lucky for me she’s back now “ just then they heard a knock on the door and tunde saw his cousin dayo walk in ” tunde you done wake?” a little smile came to his mouth “ yes now, na now you remember say you get cousin abi?” he laughed but said “ o boy you no go understand, that my oga wan finish me with work, na like say na only  me they work there, no vex abeg, so wetin they how you they feel now?” tunde gave him a tap in the hand signaling that he is getting stronger, he nodded back and said “correct guy” .

The two of them continued talking forgetting that funke was on sit, when tunde remembered he stopped talking looked her way and said “ why are you quiet? funke, what do you have to say about what we are discussing?” she just gave a sharp reply by saying” nothing! “ he smiled at her and said “ come on jare, are you guys still angry at each other?” dayo  interrupted him by saying” I don’t even want her here self, she is not suppose to be here  after all she as achieved her aim“ tunde raised his head bit from the bed and said “ what do you mean?” he nodded his head and said “ see let’s forget it abeg , all I know is if not for the doctor that insisted on having her around I would have preferred that she goes home” tunde was angry now  , he said “ why are you being ungrateful dayo, she has been  here  for more than a week now looking after me and all you could say his she shouldn’t be here? “ he hissed and said ” why wouldn’t she be here? , shes just trying to be nice after all she as caused , she’ s the reason why you are here, the car that ran you over was not an accident , it was the scorpions that wanted you dead!”.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story) by boyo123(m): 7:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
melekan:
where rope day abeg? ah wan go drag this OP come make him update!
guy i still they wait for the rope o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Nearly Cried Seeing Mother, Grace Ifeoma Read Online Comments / The Favourite Who Loved Me (18+) / Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.