Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,216 members, 7,780,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:41 PM

Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff (7405 Views)

MTN Has Done It Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by lovat(m): 8:44am On Oct 21, 2015
I'm on MTN TrueTalk+ which charge is at 11k/s so I bought card yesterday and when I maade calls I found out that I was being charged 20k/s. I called their call centre and I was told that they ve reviewed their tariff to 20k/s for most of their plans apart from Ipulse which is 15k/s.

MTN is a big Fraud for not informing theit subscribers about the tariff increase.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Beesluv: 8:48am On Oct 21, 2015
Na wao, where is my Zain line

2 Likes

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 21, 2015
Everyone take note.
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by lovat(m): 8:51am On Oct 21, 2015
I've decided to start recharging my etisalat since MTN is fraught with fraud

2 Likes

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by lovat(m): 8:56am On Oct 21, 2015
Lalasticlala, let's inform Nigerians since MTN has refused to do the needful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by onoerime: 9:42am On Oct 21, 2015
But they have other bundles to benefit from. Like mtn to mtn calls and mtn to other networks. I bought the one of 1500. I was given 1500mins of calls to other networks and 1gig to browse for one month
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by duos: 9:56am On Oct 21, 2015
onoerime:
But they have other bundles to benefit from. Like mtn to mtn calls and mtn to other networks. I bought the one of 1500. I was given 1500mins of calls to other networks and 1gig to browse for one month

...and what's the code for the bundles offer?
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by lmm4real: 10:23am On Oct 21, 2015
MTN and the Devil, one and the same
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by AlikoDangote1: 10:29am On Oct 21, 2015
I think new users are sent away from dat
am still making call at 11/sec

5 Likes

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by CharlyNick: 10:32am On Oct 21, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
Etisalat is the best. I have stopped recharging my MTN line
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by damiloladuke: 10:45am On Oct 21, 2015
YOU THINK MTN IS A NETWORK? THEY ARE A NETSCAM

CLICK HERE TO SEE MY POST ON NAIRALAND ON HOW BLOGGING IS CHANGIN MY LIFE

https://www.nairaland.com/2679830/say-blogging-does-not-pay
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by JPTechnology: 11:01am On Oct 21, 2015
Beesluv:

And you think Zain/Airtel is any better?
Their 300-to-1000 is so dubious!

I was once on a plan that allowed me make a call for 11k per second. Later on I kept receiving their adverts asking me to recharge N300 to get N1000. After so much pestering, I decided to give it a shot, thinking I could make more calls with that package.

Ordinarily, with an 11k per second billing I could make 45mins call with N300 (N295 actually because of their daily N5 charge). So I thought to my self: 'instead of making 45mins call with N300, why not take advantage of the 300-to-1000 Naira package to get a whooping 2hours 30mins call?!' shocked cheesy You go fear awoof naa.

So I recharged N300 and successfully subscribed to this new package. Then I decided to make a long call to a close friend of mine; only for my call to be terminated after 29mins. Initially,I thought it was a network failure. I had to redial the number. But it never connected again. To be sure, i had to recharge some amount on my line; lo and behold, my calls began to connect. I noticed this same trend on other occasions i subscribed for the 300-to1000 Naira package. Then I concluded that I'VE BEEN SCAMMED!!

I called their Call Center to find out how much is charged per min (or per second) on this plan. None, I mean NONE of the agents agreed to tell me. They all claimed they didn't know the call rates.

I was so puzzled because even with a call rate of 20k per sec, N300 will earn me 25mins. I could only imagine the call rate that earned me a paltry 29mins with the so-called N1000.

What a Rip-Off!!

4 Likes

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Lilimax(f): 11:03am On Oct 21, 2015
lovat:
I'm on MTN TrueTalk+ which charge is at 11k/s so I bought card yesterday and when I maade calls I found out that I was being charged 20k/s. I called their call centre and I was told that they ve reviewed their tariff to 20k/s for most of their plans apart from Ipulse which is 15k/s.

MTN is a big Fraud for not informing theit subscribers about the tariff increase.
MTN is a scam. I am comfortable with Etisalat

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Lilimax(f): 11:04am On Oct 21, 2015
CharlyNick:
[color=#000099][/color]

Etisalat is the best. I have stopped recharging my MTN line
Likewise me.
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 21, 2015
PORT!

PORT!!

PORT!!!!

WHY ARE YOU GUYS KLLING YOURSELVES ON THIS USELESS LINE. THEY SCAMMED ME OF N100, I REPAID THEM BY SCAMMING THEM OF N200 AND I PORTED.

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by bobo65(m): 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
Even their *567*3*7# code don change

Mtn z so greedy n unstable
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by macaranta(m): 12:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
Na wa ...that's fraudulent for not informing their users
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2015
lovat:

They did inform...some people. This was what they sent me 2 weeks ago:
Y'ello! Thank you for using TruTalk+. In adherence with regulatory requirements, TruTalk+ is now 20k/sec. Enjoy 100% bonus on every recharge by dialing *885*PIN

Na to revert back to SmoothTalk Plus (FLAT rate of 15 kobo per second for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks after the first minute of the day at 40 kobo per second) while actually now only making calls from other networks which all have 11k/sec
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by alotofgrace(m): 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
In airtel handwriting:

Can u list the affected lines?
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by 01ghostmode: 1:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
MTN is a synonym for SCAM. Period!!!
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by afoobabs(m): 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2015
The number u called @op was it in ur first eleven cuz on my on line am still been charged 11k per sec to my registered first eleven nuber and 20k per sec to other mtn number and 25k per sec to other network
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by caboltx(m): 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
Beesluv:

Am coming lemme iron it for you
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Valto(m): 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
glo G-bam+ is the best.. 11k/s per sec to all networks at 5naira 1st minute charge)

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by kajoula(m): 3:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
onoerime:

Don't be deceived, it's a turbo charge bundle.
Their second name is fraud..simply because they do it all the time and there has never been any charges against the company for changing tariffs without prior notification to their customers....that's why idiats compare naija to zoo lipsrsealed
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by obi4eze(m): 3:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
ollah1:
PORT!

PORT!!

PORT!!!!

WHY ARE YOU GUYS KLLING YOURSELVES ON THIS USELESS LINE. THEY SCAMMED ME OF N100, I REPAID THEM BY SCAMMING THEM OF N200 AND I PORTED.

gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by adeoba2008(m): 3:48pm On Oct 21, 2015
Mtn really need to do something about customer centricity. Its just that those that are really customer friendly have network issues.

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by 3rdlegxxx(m): 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
lovat:

i could have sworn that i noticed this on my mtn trutalk+ plan, i did about a week or 2 ago that i was being charged around 20k/s.... its so annoying even tho they are my preferred network provider
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by otabuko(m): 4:22pm On Oct 21, 2015
AlikoDangote1:
I think new users are sent away from dat
am still making call at 11/sec
that's not true.. New users kwa sent away.... I was sent a message that I'd be charged 20k per sec.... My line proudly 7years now! Is it new?

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by drss(m): 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
How can i unsubscribe to dis empty hen facebook without internet scam?
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by solace89(m): 4:48pm On Oct 21, 2015
u pple keep complaining when we av a beta alternative to call on airtel @ 7k/sec to all networks with daily access fee of #5 for the 1st call of d day.
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by ikbnice(m): 5:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
when MTN was dashing out awoof credit ... Someday, somehow, I know MTN will request for payback.

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Omoedeki: 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
solace89:
u pple keep complaining when we av a beta alternative to call on airtel @ 7k/sec to all networks with daily access fee of #5 for the 1st call of d day.
what's that tarrif plan and what code can I use to subscribe to it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Palmpay Debited My Money Using Their Auto Debit System / Tecno L9plus Or Hot 4 Pro???? / My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.