Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,072 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff (7418 Views)

MTN Has Done It Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Alimtoheeb(m): 5:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
I so much dislike this ntw called MTN but we have no option cus they keep making their money day in day out. What i dislike most about then is their multiple sms...chai.

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by vodacom: 5:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
JPTechnology:

And you think Zain/Airtel is any better?
Their 300-to-1000 is so dubious!

I was once on a plan that allowed me make a call for 11k per second. Later on I kept receiving their adverts asking me to recharge N300 to get N1000. After so much pestering, I decided to give it a shot, thinking I could make more calls with that package.

Ordinarily, with an 11k per second billing I could make 45mins call with N300 (N295 actually because of their daily N5 charge). So I thought to my self: 'instead of making 45mins call with N300, why not take advantage of the 300-to-1000 Naira package to get a whooping 2hours 30mins call?!' shocked cheesy You go fear awoof naa.

So I recharged N300 and successfully subscribed to this new package. Then I decided to make a long call to a close friend of mine; only for my call to be terminated after 29mins. Initially,I thought it was a network failure. I had to redial the number. But it never connected again. To be sure, i had to recharge some amount on my line; lo and behold, my calls began to connect. I noticed this same trend on other occasions i subscribed for the 300-to1000 Naira package. Then I concluded that I'VE BEEN SCAMMED!!

I called their Call Center to find out how much is charged per min (or per second) on this plan. None, I mean NONE of the agents agreed to tell me. They all claimed they didn't know the call rates.

I was so puzzled because even with a call rate of 20k per sec, N300 will earn me 25mins. I could only imagine the call rate that earned me a paltry 29mins with the so-called N1000.

What a Rip-Off!!
it's 40k/sec or N24/min
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by vodacom: 5:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
Lilimax:
MTN is a scam. I am comfortable with Etisalat
actually ncc told them to increase it. Probably MTN was scared should they.had send messages that the tariff had being increased, they might loose some customers
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by JPTechnology: 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2015
vodacom:

it's 40k/sec or N24/min
Moniker = Vodacom? Hmm, I take it you're an Airtel Staff.
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by vodacom: 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2015
macaranta:
Na wa ...that's fraudulent for not informing their users
No it's not. you signed a contract with them that includes terms and conditions.

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by vodacom: 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
solace89:
u pple keep complaining when we av a beta alternative to call on airtel @ 7k/sec to all networks with daily access fee of #5 for the 1st call of d day.
this your lie na one in time. airtel charge 7k/sec to any network whereas internconnectivity rate is N3.80 or so. chai
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by vodacom: 5:49pm On Oct 21, 2015
JPTechnology:

Moniker = Vodacom? Hmm, I take it you're an Airtel Staff.
my dear not at all. any bundle pack that they say double this and that on calls is actually 40k/sec or N24 /min. some are even 50k/sec or N30/min. once you see them, just fly from such plans

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by temmyt20(m): 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
lemme educate u guys, d directive actually came from NCC, reason been that, if the call rate were to go too low, nobody wil patronize al dis cdma ntwks ( visa phone and co.) again, thereby making them go outta business, more reason the likes of mtn and co ar nt afraid of been sued cos d directive came from ncc

And solace, point of correction, its 11k/sec after daily deduction of 5naira, d package is airtel smart talk *315# to migrate.
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by macaranta(m): 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
vodacom:

No it's not. you signed a contract with them that includes terms and conditions.

So the T&Cs permit them to arbitrarily change pricing?
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
macaranta:

So the T&Cs permit them to arbitrarily change pricing?
Yes. Read the fûcking T&C.
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by macaranta(m): 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
Karmanaut:
Okay...
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by macaranta(m): 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
Karmanaut:
Okay...
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
lmm4real:
MTN and the Devil, one and the same
people who are capable of XENOPHOBIA are worst than boko haram and ISIL join together! MTN/SA is/are not only fraud, they are also Terorist too
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by paranorman(m): 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
Please, abeg, can I get mtn customer care number? I have been dailing 180/181 to no avail.
Can I get something direct or howdo I go about it?
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by herald9: 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
You complaining of MTN? Try Airtel to Airtel calls and you'd be shocked.

Wish I could go back to those days I only recharge for data... Not for calls.
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Beesluv: 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
caboltx:

Am coming lemme iron it for you

No forget to put gator
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by dpete1: 10:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
This is because u guys don't read the terms nd condits. attached to all tariffs.they have the right to review them
BUT

THEY ARE STILL SCAMMERZ!!!
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by solace89(m): 11:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
vodacom:

this your lie na one in time. airtel charge 7k/sec to any network whereas internconnectivity rate is N3.80 or so. chai

dude u know nothing and instead of you to ask ur diverting to anoda issue. dail *315# and enjoy make u 4get grammar.
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by slydog(m): 5:24am On Oct 22, 2015
Pls how can I unsubscribe from mtn beta talk, its a rip off
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by cirmuell(m): 6:19am On Oct 22, 2015
lovat:
I'm on MTN TrueTalk+ which charge is at 11k/s so I bought card yesterday and when I maade calls I found out that I was being charged 20k/s. I called their call centre and I was told that they ve reviewed their tariff to 20k/s for most of their plans apart from Ipulse which is 15k/s.

MTN is a big Fraud for not informing theit subscribers about the tariff increase.
Actually they did send out messages. Something like 'Obeying NCC regulation'.
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by iliyande(m): 6:48am On Oct 22, 2015
afoobabs:
The number u called @op was it in ur first eleven cuz on my on line am still been charged 11k per sec to my registered first eleven nuber and 20k per sec to other mtn number and 25k per sec to other network

Apart from mtn, no network in Nigeria as I talk today charge so high. Mind you I am using all the lines

My airtel/glo and etisalat is still 11kobo per second to any network, nothing like first minutes or hidden charges. Since I got the mtn message, I abandoned the line since then.
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by iliyande(m): 6:55am On Oct 22, 2015
cirmuell:
Actually they did send out messages. Something like 'Obeying NCC regulation'.

Is it only mtn that ncc stopped from charging 11kobo per second?
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by cirmuell(m): 7:12am On Oct 22, 2015
iliyande:

Is it only mtn that ncc stopped from charging 11kobo per second?
I wouldn't know, I don't work at NCC.
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Omoedeki: 8:05am On Oct 22, 2015
migrating to Airtel smart-talk sharply no dulling grin

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Ty207: 9:13am On Oct 22, 2015
My visafone bb....11k to all network no daily charge....and secondly unlimited internet browsing @ 120kb/speed
999999999999999999kb= 10,000gb
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by iliyande(m): 9:33am On Oct 22, 2015
cirmuell:
I wouldn't know, I don't work at NCC.

what I am trying to say is that other networks are still charging 11 kobo per second
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by iliyande(m): 9:36am On Oct 22, 2015
AlikoDangote1:
I think new users are sent away from dat
am still making call at 11/sec

don't be deceived, they implement the new tariff batch by batch.
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Kredz(m): 10:15am On Oct 22, 2015
Even to my greatest surprise, the normal 12mins daily for a week (mtn to mtn) tariff for 50 naira has been changed to 7 minutes for a day only, chikena
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by Clintonpaul: 11:48am On Oct 22, 2015
lovat:
I'm on MTN TrueTalk+ which charge is at 11k/s so I bought card yesterday and when I maade calls I found out that I was being charged 20k/s. I called their call centre and I was told that they ve reviewed their tariff to 20k/s for most of their plans apart from Ipulse which is 15k/s.

MTN is a big Fraud for not informing theit subscribers about the tariff increase.
They sent me sms bt still charge me 11k/s.
Honestly Nig cal tariff is expensive
Re: Beware!!! MTN Has Reviewed Their Tariff by dayosweetness(m): 6:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
no blame dem o, na d economy

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. / This Wedding Was Shot With An Iphone 6s Plus And The Results Are Spectacular / Snapshots: See What Someone Did With This Lady's Instagram Handle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.