Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. (1869 Views)

I Am In A Dilemma. Help!!! / . / I Am In A Dilemma. I Don't Want To Be A Baby Mama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by DEGABA(m): 10:11am On Oct 21, 2015
I got married two years ago with a kid and the one in the womb we are expecting by February next year. My wife is doing her NYSC presently and will be free around April next year.
I work in a company which i started working before getting married and i hv some savings.The condition of my job is no longer comfortable to me due to constant threat of sack and incessant sacking of workers. We work so hard that many a times i got so weak after work and it affects my conjugal union with my wife due to tiredness. My monthly salary is 100k but before the months end i will be left wt nothing considering other extended expenses as taking care of my aged parents and younger siblings.If you ask me i will choose to leave the job if i find a better alternative that will maximize my income and job satisfaction but where is the job!.
Presently,i have started learning a job that i started 4 months ago hoping to start mine by January next year. At startment,i may not be getting enough(50% lower) but with time and determination i can make 50 to 100% and above of my present salary.
Now comes my worries,i have been transferred to another state by my company. I work in Benin but have been transferred to Enugu. What should i do now considering that my wife is still doing her service and pregnant too. I used to assist her a lot due to her condition and leaving her alone in Benin while i would be in Enugu alone at this early stage of our marriage is not a good idea to me.
We would hv relocated to Enugu together but her NYSC is the bottleneck.
Pls i need any good advice on the step to follow that i wont regret or if u have experienced that b4,let me know how you solved it and get satisfied.
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 21, 2015
This touched me, I see a man that loves his wife... cry

A very dicey situation we have here. Moving with her is out of it, running two homes is extremely expensive considering your financial capability.

*How far has she gone in her NYSC? They might be touched to redeploy her. That's even stress and unnecessary bureaucracy.

*Do you have family/friends in Benin, who wouldn't mind her staying with them temporarily? (It isn't ideal to leave a pregnant woman all by herself) or someone you can squat with in Enugu_ so you don't have to pay another rent there.

*Get her a househelp, her sibling or a friend/fellow corp member she is in good terms with to come live with her

Whatever you do, don't quit your job. Preparing for a child ain't beans! You alone know the real situation of things, captain your ship the best way you can.
Heavens guide your family.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by solomto(f): 10:23am On Oct 21, 2015
Tough situation, in whatever decision u make now dnt leave ur wife and kid alone. if u hv a relative he or she can assist ur wife till u relocate after her NYSC.
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by yomi007k(m): 10:24am On Oct 21, 2015
The situation isn't all bad afterall.

But I think u need to do some planning n have a budget.

I won't suggest u quit ur job before they fire u. Who knows wat d new business has to offer.

If u have a female sibling or someone that can be assisting ur wife once in a while, that won't be a bad idea.

All d best.

1 Like

Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by NiRfreak(m): 10:25am On Oct 21, 2015
Reduce your wailing and face the situation headlong as a man. Since she's not through with her service....why not go to Enugu and plan against next year April when she will put to bed. Before then u would have been more stable and might even relocate her with you. You guys need endurance and understanding of your critical condition.

1 Like

Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by Cutehector(m): 10:36am On Oct 21, 2015
Chai. D lord is ur strength
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by DEGABA(m): 10:36am On Oct 21, 2015
yomi007k:
The situation isn't all bad afterall.

But I think u need to do some planning n have a budget.

I won't suggest u quit ur job before they fire u. Who knows wat d new business has to offer.

If u have a female sibling or someone that can be assisting ur wife once in a while, that won't be a bad idea.

All d best.
The female sibling i hv is wt my mum,she's schooling.
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 21, 2015
Get a relative to stay and take care of your wife, preferably a mother, then move to Enugu, at the same time try and start your business as fast as you can for security purpose.

1 Like

Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by yomi007k(m): 10:39am On Oct 21, 2015
DEGABA:
The female sibling i hv is wt my mum,she's schooling.
But are they not all together in Benin?

Wat abt ur mum?
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by DEGABA(m): 10:43am On Oct 21, 2015
NiRfreak:
Reduce your wailing and face the situation headlong as a man. Since she's not through with her service....why not go to Enugu and plan against next year April when she will put to bed. Before then u would have been more stable and might even relocate her with you. You guys need endurance and understanding of your critical condition.
Bros,its not easy,i used to talk like this when am a bachelor bt i now understand hw it feels. She's 5 months pregnant wt a 17 months old baby,leaving her alone,God it wl be a terrible situation for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by DEGABA(m): 10:44am On Oct 21, 2015
imas:
Get a relative to stay and take care of your wife, preferably a mother, then move to Enugu, at the same time try and start your business as fast as you can for security purpose.
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by DEGABA(m): 10:45am On Oct 21, 2015
yomi007k:

But are they not all together in Benin?

Wat abt ur mum? aged,in the village wt our youngest female sibling
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by yomi007k(m): 10:48am On Oct 21, 2015
DEGABA:
Wat abt ur mum? aged,in the village wt our youngest female sibling
Ur wife's relations?
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 21, 2015
DEGABA:
Bros,its not easy,i used to talk like this when am a bachelor bt i now understand hw it feels. She's 5 months pregnant wt a 17 months old baby,leaving her alone,God it wl be a terrible situation for me.

Shun that guy. This is NL _ you would get opinions from

1: People who have no clue whatsoever on what marriage is all about.
2: People who have been through such and dealt with the situation one way or another.
3: People who truly care and understand your pains. They would give you honest advice, which may or may not help the reality of your situation.
4: ā€ˇPeople who are actually trained to give counsel on marital issues.
5: People who handle(d) their family/marital issues haphazardly, saw the consequences and are out to spread that consequence grin
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by funlord(m): 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2015
angry

I no send this op's labe orun tale, I'm only stalking this poster above me in order to bang her! HARD!!!
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by Swissheart(f): 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
Whatever happens....don't quit your job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by yetseyi(f): 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
The OP truly loves his wife.
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by YourCoffin: 3:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
I'm not married, so I can't claim to understand your situation. But, from what you wrote here, there' re two important things to consider because every other thing depends on it.

1. How much savings do you have, can it last you for at least a year?

2. How soon can your business kick off in terms of profitability? Will it exceed the maximum period your savings can last you?

If the answer to 1 and 2 is yes, you can quit your job and stay close to your family.

If the answer is no, you can't quit your job. Both of you have to find a way to adapt to the situation. People have survived worst situations. If you can hire a househelp for your wife the better, at least standard of living in Benin is quite low.

The way I see it, there's no right or wrong decision here. Just tough decision that will help toughen your family and build you guys to outlast tougher times.

Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by raumdeuter: 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
Op you for slow down on your procreation since

1. You income isnt very good

2. Your job isnt stable

3. Your wife isnt working to support you yet

2yrs of marriage and 2 looks like a rush

Regarding your new business you know everything is a risk even business, Assuming the business doesnt pay off for like 6months how would your family survive?
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by mcdokwe(m): 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
the good thing about NYSC is their respect for marriage especially as it affects couples getting the opportunity to be together. April is a long while from here, so my advice would be that you seek for relocation on behalf of your wife; that wouldn't be a big deal so long as both of you are legally married.
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by Richy4(m): 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
I think a house help is the answer here Sir

Benin to Enugu is not really that far. You can always shuttle home during weekend

Also inform your mum and your siblings to keep an eye on her while you were away.

But my brother, did you just say you were tired after work and you don't have time for................

please I suggest you stop kidding yourself. no one is as busy as you do. 2years of marriage with two kids?
In my Opinion, I think your company deliberately transferred you because the way i see it Hmmmmmmm,

In four years Time it will be.........,

how I wish my dear Nairaland family, can help me out here and forecast it like weather channel.....

1 Like

Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by DEGABA(m): 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2015
Richy4:
I think a house help is the answer here Sir

Benin to Enugu is not really that far. You can always shuttle home during weekend

Tnks,I wl consider this.
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by DEGABA(m): 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
mcdokwe:
the good thing about NYSC is their respect for marriage especially as it affects couples getting the opportunity to be together. April is a long while from here, so my advice would be that you seek for relocation on behalf of your wife; that wouldn't be a big deal so long as both of you are legally married.
God bless u,I wl be very happy if this works,I wl try it.

1 Like

Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by DEGABA(m): 6:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
raumdeuter:
Op you for slow down on your procreation since

1. You income isnt very good

2. Your job isnt stable

3. Your wife isnt working to support you yet

2yrs of marriage and 2 looks like a rush

Regarding your new business you know everything is a risk even business, Assuming the business doesnt pay off for like 6months how would your family survive?
Tnks for ur advice bt the procreation part lol.no be God dey give pikin, some people married for several years and one never enter there home.
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by DEGABA(m): 6:24pm On Oct 22, 2015
YourCoffin:
I'm not married, so I can't claim to understand your situation. But, from what you wrote here, there' re two important things to consider because every other thing depends on it.

1. How much savings do you have, can it last you for at least a year?

2. How soon can your business kick off in terms of profitability? Will it exceed the maximum period your savings can last you?

If the answer to 1 and 2 is yes, you can quit your job and stay close to your family.

If the answer is no, you can't quit your job. Both of you have to find a way to adapt to the situation. People have survived worst situations. If you can hire a househelp for your wife the better, at least standard of living in Benin is quite low.

The way I see it, there's no right or wrong decision here. Just tough decision that will help toughen your family and build you guys to outlast tougher times.

Wish you all the best.
my regards.
Re: This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. by Captainswag225(m): 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
DEGABA:
I got married two years ago with a kid and the one in the womb we are expecting by February next year. My wife is doing her NYSC presently and will be free around April next year.
I work in a company which i started working before getting married and i hv some savings.The condition of my job is no longer comfortable to me due to constant threat of sack and incessant sacking of workers. We work so hard that many a times i got so weak after work and it affects my conjugal union with my wife due to tiredness. My monthly salary is 100k but before the months end i will be left wt nothing considering other extended expenses as taking care of my aged parents and younger siblings.If you ask me i will choose to leave the job if i find a better alternative that will maximize my income and job satisfaction but where is the job!.
Presently,i have started learning a job that i started 4 months ago hoping to start mine by January next year. At startment,i may not be getting enough(50% lower) but with time and determination i can make 50 to 100% and above of my present salary.
Now comes my worries,i have been transferred to another state by my company. I work in Benin but have been transferred to Enugu. What should i do now considering that my wife is still doing her service and pregnant too. I used to assist her a lot due to her condition and leaving her alone in Benin while i would be in Enugu alone at this early stage of our marriage is not a good idea to me.
We would hv relocated to Enugu together but her NYSC is the bottleneck.
Pls i need any good advice on the step to follow that i wont regret or if u have experienced that b4,let me know how you solved it and get satisfied.
u are a great husband and family man. I think ur wife should seek for redeployment or she should quit nysc for now. Its the best soln ryt now since u can't quit ur job coz u are the breadwinner.

(1) (Reply)

Physical Abuse And Divorce Issues In Marriage. / Meet Eleven Of Obasanjo's Twenty Children (photos) / My Dad Wants To Disown My Brother. I Don't Know How To Advice Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.