Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today (35117 Views)

Lady Killed After Withdrawing Money From Diamond Bank In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Bomb Scare At Diamond Bank In Jos As Bomb Is Suspected To Be In Car Parked / My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by RedCard1(m): 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
It was about 10:09 that I decided to go to Diamond Bank Nkpolu/Mile 3 branch along Ikwerre Road in Port Harcourt for the processing of my Bank Verification Number, BVN. The bank isn't far from RSUST round about. I left for the Bank with my good neighbour who I convinced to opening an account with the bank for his wife, so his wife came along with us.
We got there at about 10:40. The BVN took less than 20minutes so, by 11:00 we would have been on our way home but for the que on the exit door. So we waited for 5minutes, it was 11:05 now.
My neighbour's wife was out already and my neighbour was in the exit door (abi na room) set to go while I was still standing. All of a sudden, we heard gun shots but it didn't shake us until it kept sounding. Over 200 people (staff included) inside the bank started shivering. People started recieving calls from outside that armed robbers were around. I got close to the window, opened the curtain a bit just to get a glance at what was happening outside of the bank but I couldn't see anything beyond the bank premises. I only saw customers hiding behind themselves outside the bank. The gun kept making the scary noise. At this point, my heart started boiling, I began to think of my mother, siblings, friends and other beloved ones. My neighbour was stuck in the exit door as the door power was switched off cos the order was no going out or coming in. We ran into different rooms. Some women started crying. An old man (supposedly in his 70s) started rolling on the floor. The bank staff started calling police men but police didn't come despite the fact that a police station was just at UST junction not far from the bank. 14minutes later, there was great silence in the area. That was when a staff got a call and was told that the robbers had gone but they didn't still allow movement in the bank. People started coming out of several rooms in great numbers. We started complaining that we wanted to go. After sometime, a staff (don't know if it was the manager) started ordering everybody to stop filling forms and withdrawal/deposit slips. He said the bank had stopped operation for the day. Now the door was open, we rushed out and saw police men checking on a green colour 4runner jeep parked directly opposite the bank. That was when we discovered that robbers had attacked a man and took over 1million Naira from him. The robbers didn't come for the bank. I'm glad I'm resting at home now. As I no die today eh, I no fit die again.

256 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by madridguy(m): 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
BLESS JAH FOR YOUR LIFE

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by eleko1: 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
Thank God for divine intervention. Oya com do the needful undecided*speak in low tone*pay yo tithe ,I mean tax embarassed wink

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
Nawaoo thank God for you.

I pray stray bullet didn't hit anyone.

Possibly the man they robbed just cashed the money from same bank.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by kayboy4y(m): 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2015
Eyah. You're Lucky

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by fran6co(m): 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by hob(m): 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
Thank God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by jaelz(m): 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2015
hope u give the testimony in church also and not just Nairaland

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by cescky(m): 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2015
Thank God your safe..
But that was a scary experience

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by dazzlingd(m): 8:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
wat a scary experience

on a jovial note, please wat r d names of the robbers grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
Its by the Grace of God that you are here.... Glory be to God
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ikechukwu354(m): 11:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
op would you believe that I myself was in a bus just opp. uiss gate when people started running towards our side, I stayed put in my chair why odas where crying and running away. I suspect those traders to be involved in this
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 22, 2015
boys are becoming darer everyday.
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by truelyt: 4:10am On Oct 22, 2015
dazzlingd:
wat a scary experience

on a jovial note, please wat r d names of the robbers grin

their names are dazzlingd, truelyt and lady★
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ultrazone(m): 5:17am On Oct 22, 2015
This is serious
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by dominique(f): 8:59am On Oct 22, 2015
The bank staff started calling police men but police didn't come despite the fact that a police station was just at UST junction not far from the bank

So typical of NPF angry

6 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 22, 2015
Serious stuff
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 22, 2015
shocked shocked
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by onajison(m): 9:01am On Oct 22, 2015
Ole
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by nikkiking(m): 9:01am On Oct 22, 2015
Pishure
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by villareal15(m): 9:02am On Oct 22, 2015
PH is becoming something else
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by obeenah40(m): 9:02am On Oct 22, 2015
You should thank God for ur Life. Its Posible that because of ur course d robbers didn't Rob d Bank same way because of LOTS in d Bible God didn't distroy sodom and gomorrah immediately until after they left.

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by yuzedo: 9:03am On Oct 22, 2015
RedCard1:
An old man (supposedly in his 70s) started rolling on the floor.
grin grin grin grin grin

RedCard1:
The bank staff started calling police men but police didn't come despite the fact that a police station was just at UST junction not far from the bank. 14minutes later, there was great silence in the area. That was when a staff got a call and was told that the robbers had gone but they didn't still allow movement in the bank. People started coming out of several rooms in great numbers.
grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by kolubo(m): 9:03am On Oct 22, 2015
May God continue to be with you
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Reekadict04: 9:04am On Oct 22, 2015
sad
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by okooloyun1(m): 9:04am On Oct 22, 2015
Thank God for your life
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by wellmax(m): 9:04am On Oct 22, 2015
Is na wa ooo.
Thank God for your life

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by SylarsMcQuins: 9:05am On Oct 22, 2015
Funny dude, this aint no experience joor as if u saw and encountered the robbers.

That aside.

Download this hot blazing single from my hommie.

Larry Kuti - Olowo Fe Dabira
www.ipunjab.me/singles/download/2929/Olowo-Fe-Dabira-by-Larry-Kuti.html

Its still trending peeps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Shoots Neighbour Dead While Aiming At Wife’s Lover In Kwara / Church Member Petitions Police Over Lagos Prophet Who Defrauded Her Of N5million / Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.