Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,175 members, 7,780,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:57 AM

How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village (26180 Views)

Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. / The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Sanchez01: 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
Perhaps one or two persons would relate to my ordeal after sharing.

I went to the Computer Village at Ikeja on Saturday, 17th Oct, to purchase a head phone I had longed to get for a while now. I had an example of what I wanted in mind and was not ready to compromise my stand on this.

I had also made up my mind not to go too deep for security reasons; computer village touts/area boys are more concentrated in the farther part of the market and being harassed unduly was not just it for me.

The first shop I visited just by the bridge didn't have what I wanted and the guy therein cajoled me into buying something else which was not just it. I wasted no time in trying out the next shop but I noticed I was being followed by 4 mean looking guys. I couldn't tell for how long I was stalked but it was pretty obvious something wasn't right.

Fortunately, I saw the "HD Monster Micro SD Player beats by dr. dre" in the next shop and wasted no time in bargaining. I paid, came out of the shop with the intent of moving towards the bridge, only to find out that my stalkers (now about 5 of them) had divided themselves like a pack of wolves who has their sights on a gazelle.

Seeing that it was becoming a nightmare by the minute, I moved towards some policemen who were around one of their vans under the bridge. One of the touts, supposedly their boss walked up to me while the others surrounded me in no time. Micro SD sellers turned spectators as well as passers' by. I could see the policemen looking at us from a distance. They were clearly unmoved by the scene, judging by the expression their faces.

One of the touts spoke up "a ti n so e lataaro" (we've been stalking you for a while). It didn't really come as a surprise but what I did wrong is what I couldn't picture.

"Oya, fun wa l'owo!" (Now, give us money!) Their supposed head retorted. It was a dream. How in the world would touts harass someone in the presence of policemen

Quite scared, I told him I didn't understand what I had done to warrant being "fined". At my words, the minions were ready to attack me but couldn't as their boss calmed them. Obviously angry at this point, he said "a n be a so lero, o fe gbo. O fe ka gba gbogbo t'owo e, abi?" (We have told you calmly, you don't want to listen. Do you want us to take everything on you?"

The crowd had increased by this time and they watched helplessly while the policemen didn't move a nerve. It was at this point it dawned on me what I was up against. Without wasting time, I reached for my wallet which was carefully tucked away in my pant's back pocket and offered them #500 but he (their supposed boss) refused it, claiming my money is #2000!

I was baffled. I tucked my #500 away and gave them #1000 which they collected and started stumping a foot each on the ground as they sang my praise. I heaved a sigh of relief as I quickly proceeded to leave the scene. It was pretty embarrassing to say the least.

I shared my ordeal with a friend yesterday and he confirmed he had faced something similar. His case however was shocking. He claimed he resisted and the policemen "arrested" all of them while he "bailed" himself with #2000 without going to a police station.undecided

Please be wary of these touts at Ikeja. Some officers of the NPF have no life.

Lalasticlala, please help raise this awareness.

96 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2015
Next time,you copy the names of the police officers and upload them on the net. Expose every corrupt police officers involved.

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Warlord3000(m): 2:31pm On Oct 21, 2015
Quite ridiculous...

Even the policemen by otigba Street Junction around Microstation ain't different..

God help us all

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
u dnt walk like a new born baby in computer village, u'll just pass a signal across to them. "He's new"

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by ikubch(m): 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
If you understand nigeria and showed the imminent and possible danger one could encounter on our streets and road. One will not dare ventured out. Nigeria is too dangerous for any sane being to live in, just a single mistake or error may cause life. Remember Aluu4. It could happen to any helpless ,Nigerian. I understand that danger much. By the way, you will only understand if you have had a police case.
Generally life isn't fair but in nigeria, it is brutal.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Sanchez01: 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
Godvilla:
u dnt walk like a new born baby in computer village, u'll just pass a signal across to them. "He's new"
How then does one walk at the computer village? Should I have walked or talked like them, or even make my hair look unkempt just because I was going to a part of a state I reside in

I was supposed to get something again today but I fear for my life.

Ikubch, it's quite unfortunate. And to think that the people who are meant to protect us are neck deep into this is too scary to imagine. My system was disorganised in their midst on Saturday. I have had two police cases before; all of which started as a nightmare and to think that it was at this same computer village while I went to repair my first ever laptop about 5 years ago. The policemen assigned/manning the computer village to Allen are nothing but thieves and touts in uniforms.

19 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
Sanchez01:

How then does one walk at the computer village? Should I have walked or talked like them, or even make my hair look unkempt just because I was going to a part of Lagos I reside in
I cant say more than what iv posted
I work there, so i know what am saying. I didnt ask u to dress up like a mad man

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Sanchez01: 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
DrGraveYardz:
Next time,you copy the names of the police officers and upload them on the net. Expose every corrupt police officers involved.
I would have loved to. Problem was, they didn't come close to us. They only looked on while the touts flocked around me. They were about 10 feets away, hence, getting their names was somewhat impossible.

2 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
Op na confirm thing Godvilla dey tell u so
If u appear confused or look like a JJC in computer village dem guys go reason you

Next time Walk fast & strong face like say 2maro no dey... Dem no go near u

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
All these Jonathan policemen sef
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Sanchez01: 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
fxxxxk:
Op na confirm thing Godvilla dey tell u so
If u appear confused or look like a JJC in computer village dem guys go reason you

Next time Walk fast & strong face like say 2maro no dey... Dem no go near u
I frequent computer village a lot, and I can as well say I don't have a JJC look. Perhaps the shop owner gave me away. Perhaps my face looked too gentle enough for them.

Thanks thoughsmiley

2 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Squad4(m): 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
You are obviously a learner! You don't smile in computer village and you don't stop for anybody! if you have issues ask the shop personnel to assist you...your fears caught up with you that's all!

11 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Chidexter(m): 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
The Nigerian Police has been filled with cowards, ex-criminals and touts in disguise.
A thread about policemen who frame innocent civilians by hiding bullets in their cars has just been posted already.

One begins to wonder who to beware of?. Thieves, Criminals? Or our very own Police?.
Infact, Despite the fact that i b soldier pikin, if i see a group of policemen, i dont go 20ft near them, not because i'm a criminal but because i'm afraid anything can happen....
Thats why most times i dont feel sympathy for them when they have clashes with Soldiers, and the soldiers end up dealing with them.

Why wont soldiers beat them up, when sometimes those soldiers were once civilians and might have been oppressed by Policeman.

The Police are not your friends, dont be deceived

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by initialize(m): 3:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
Sanchez01:
Perhaps one or two persons would relate to my ordeal after sharing.

I went to the Computer Village at Ikeja on Saturday, 17th Oct, to purchase a head phone I had longed to get for a while now. I had an example of what I wanted in mind and was not ready to compromise my stand on this.

I had also made up my mind not to go too deep for security reasons; computer village touts/area boys are more concentrated in the farther part of the market and being harassed unduly was not just it for me.

The first shop I visited just by the bridge didn't have what I wanted and the guy therein cajoled me into buying something else which was not just it. I wasted no time in trying out the next shop but I noticed I was being followed by 4 mean looking guys. I couldn't tell for how long I was stalked but it was pretty obvious something wasn't right.

Fortunately, I saw the "HD Monster Micro SD Player beats by dr. dre" in the next shop and wasted no time in bargaining. I paid, came out of the shop with the intent of moving towards the bridge, only to find out that my stalkers (now about 5 of them) had divided themselves like a pack of wolves who has their sights on a gazelle.

Seeing that it was becoming a nightmare by the minute, I moved towards some policemen who were around one of their vans under the bridge. One of the touts, supposedly their boss walked up to me while the others surrounded me in no time. Micro SD sellers turned spectators as well as passers' by. I could see the policemen looking at us from a distance. They were clearly unmoved by the scene, judging by the expression their faces.

One of the touts spoke up "a ti n so e lataaro" (we've been stalking you for a while). It didn't really come as a surprise but what I did wrong is what I couldn't picture.

"Oya, fun wa l'owo!" (Now, give us money!) Their supposed head retorted. It was a dream. How in the world would touts harass someone in the presence of policemen

Quite scared, I told him I didn't understand what I had done to warrant being "fined". At my words, the minions were ready to attack me but couldn't as their boss calmed them. Obviously angry at this point, he said "a n be a so lero, o fe gbo. O fe ka gba gbogbo t'owo e, abi?" (We have told you calmly, you don't want to listen. Do you want us to take everything on you?"

The crowd had increased by this time and they watched helplessly while the policemen didn't move a nerve. It was at this point it dawned on me what I was up against. Without wasting time, I reached for my wallet which was carefully tucked away in my pant's back pocket and offered them #500 but he (their supposed boss) refused it, claiming my money is #2000!

I was baffled. I tucked my #500 away and gave them #1000 which they collected and started stumping a foot each on the ground as they sang my praise. I heaved a sigh of relief as I quickly proceeded to leave the scene. It was pretty embarrassing to say the least.

I shared my ordeal with a friend yesterday and he confirmed he had faced something similar. His case however was shocking. He claimed he resisted and the policemen "arrested" all of them while he "bailed" himself with #2000 without going to a police station.undecided

Please be wary of these touts at Ikeja. Some officers of the NPF have no life.

Lalasticlala, please help raise this awareness.

Those guys are omnipresent at computer village... There usually spot is Awolowo Road and sometimes they stay close to UBA at Adepele. Their "oga" is thick and fair in complexion, their trick is to frighten you to drop something; they are entirely harmless.

Next time they shout at you, just show say you code and reverse their slang to them dem go eye you as chicken they eye bottled corn.

You've paid your dues at CV you are now qualified to march the ground as you like.

Be safe bro.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Sanchez01: 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
Squad4:
You are obviously a learner! You don't smile in computer village and you don't stop for anybody! if you have issues ask the shop personnel to assist you...your fears caught up with you that's all!
It's quite obvious you didn't read my post. I never said I smiled to them, neither did I STOP. They flocked around me and a reasonable human at the time would halt, which I did. I went elsewhere to get what I desired after discovering the first shop didn't have it. It's unfortunate you didn't read through, let alone comprehend my post. It would have been better if you didn't post as it is obvious you didn't understand the post in any way.

Thanks though. I won't smile next time.

7 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Donkaz(m): 4:29pm On Oct 21, 2015
DrGraveYardz:
I am fully behind you on this.

We should make use of the internet to expose these corrupt officers.

2 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by timilehing(m): 5:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
Op na confirm Maga.
Omo get inside ni e oo, don't ever try going out on your own again

4 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by segzicres(m): 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2015
This almost happened to me about three times, these ones beat my chest and tell me to drop money or else, the trick is not to be surprised or else they'll use that.

All the times I get aggressive immediately and I get begged by them, shout but keep moving forward towards where you're going to.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by 12month: 6:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
My question is wat business did u av with the touts that made u afraid or kept on looking at them.

I still go to computer village to procure laptops n other high end devices. One thing is to always keep moving. Also it depends on ur facial expressions sha. Even d policemen there I no send them talkless of touts

3 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by kelvine(m): 7:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
This is the main point, OP is a JJC, speaks english like ajebutter, dresses like omo baba olowo.#myopinion

If I were to be trailed by hoodlums I ll face them right in the middle of the market, nothing will happen.

Godvilla:

6 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Whizpeter(m): 9:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
OP please borrow me this plot of land for cultivation purposes, I would return it after the harvest...
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by youngberry001(m): 9:39pm On Oct 21, 2015
ok
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by CharlyNick: 10:45pm On Oct 21, 2015
Even u way be Lagosian? How much more JJCs?
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Sanchez01: 10:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
kelvine:
This is the main point, OP is a JJC, speaks english like ajebutter, dresses like omo baba olowo.#myopinion

If I were to be trailed by hoodlums I ll face them right in the middle of the market, nothing will happen.

Sometimes the way you guys reason people out ehn... I don't recall describing what I wore and I don't see how the omo baba olowo part applies.

Thanks though.

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by iahmed(m): 10:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Very sad there is too much injustice going in nigeria,and nobody is doing anything about it
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Suntemi(m): 11:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
I work around Computer Village and know how these guys work, if you refuse to give them a penny, they will do you nothing.

This is how they operate, when they spot you and feel you look too calm, one of them will walk up to you and tell you his boss is calling you. All you need to do is shout on him and tell him stuff like "Shey mo Jo otee Abi"? He will leave you immediately. They don't harm anyone. They only give an impression to fear them. If you stand your ground, they will look for another victim.

And about those policemen, see NA only God fit judge them. Seems they have a certain percentage they collect from those touts on a daily basis.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
Yo.ROBBER touts... Instead of them to own shops like those yeebos... The are busy taking it by force... OP, sorry but it seems they are your people... Ambode must hear this, OPC too... Oya make una go do family meeting... cool

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by BiitchAmMe: 11:59pm On Oct 21, 2015
@Op next time u wan go computer village..
*Dress like street guy if u no say u get gentle face.
*No eva dress like say u wan go catch bae.
*Fast ur movement...no ansa anybody wey call u.
*And no form say u sabi speak english. because dem go jus reason ur matter
*Jus focus on where u dey go.
Or else dem go street u and notin wey u go fit do.

4 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Evathyst(f): 12:08am On Oct 22, 2015
initialize:

Those guys are omnipresent at computer village... There usually spot is Awolowo Road and sometimes they stay close to UBA at Adepele. Their "oga" is thick and fair in complexion, their trick is to frighten you to drop something; they are entirely harmless.

Next time they shout at you, just show say you code and reverse their slang to them dem go eye you as chicken they eye bottled corn.

You've paid your dues at CV you are now qualified to march the ground as you like.

Be safe bro.
Initialize! Lolz! One begins to wonder how many dues you self pay before you 'blend' wink

3 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by fbtowner(m): 12:10am On Oct 22, 2015
Sanchez01:

I frequent computer village a lot, and I can as well say I don't have a JJC look. Perhaps the shop owner gave me away. Perhaps my face looked too gentle enough for them.

Thanks thoughsmiley

I don't bliv this bro. No offence but if u are frequent in CV u won't give area boys 1k. A whole 1k. Or maybe u are bigboy shaa.

That's were I work and. Godville is right u have to look like u want to go and kill somebody. Its the way things work there take it or u wud keep paying 1k tax every time u visit

4 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Nobody: 1:45am On Oct 22, 2015
I agree you looked too innocent and probably frightened by their looks.

They're harmless and always looking out for people to bully. You just need to sharp up a little more.

And it's not like those policemen would have intervened in any way. Na matter wey dem call dem inside na I'm dem dey attend to.

Those ones who stopped me and asked for my work ID sometime ago. I gave him, he stared at it for a minute and asked.."what do you do for a living? "

I gave him this... "Armed robber nimi" eye

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by KA24DETT(m): 4:38am On Oct 22, 2015
Innovate or die. I pity the traders at computer village. Very soon no one will be coming there to shop. Wait till Walmart and target hit Nigeria. With their warranty and money back.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Memory Cards (SD) Not Detected On Mobile Phones Solved / Unable To Check Glo Data Balance And Subscribe For Data Since Yesterday / How To Spot A Fake Phone (clone) Of Various Popular Brands - Deschyko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.