Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,997 members, 7,799,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 (9366 Views)

Nassarawa State Corpers Batch B 2015, Let's Meet Here / Ogun State Batch B 2015 REPORT HERE / Ebonyi State Corpers Batch B 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by iamcutie(f): 5:28am On Oct 23, 2015
mzdamidee:
Please who is leaving from ilorin... Let's connect abeg
mzdamidee, m also leaving frm ilorin, ds is my no 08162185703
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by AlexisM16: 7:55am On Oct 23, 2015
mzdamidee:
Will they allow us in on Tuesday before the orientation camp begins

Of course, you wouldn't be chased out. If you arrive on tuesday, you will be allowed to shower and sleep in the hostel, that's about it. Camp officially opens on wednesday, so all perks of being a CM starts on wednesday.
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by Godjone(m): 8:04am On Oct 23, 2015
i am currently serving in Jigawa. Call or whstsapp for enquiry
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by Godjone(m): 8:06am On Oct 23, 2015
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by dabexy(m): 8:31am On Oct 23, 2015
Kizzy1:
Pls, who is leaving from rivers state? Is it it possible to redeploy?
Leaving from P.H bro
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by dabexy(m): 8:35am On Oct 23, 2015
phoenix0100:

Bro's we are on the same boat....how we go do na
When u plan to move?
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by mzdamidee: 8:38am On Oct 23, 2015
iamcutie:

Will add u on whatsapp now
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by doublezero7(m): 8:51am On Oct 23, 2015
Hello Jigawa Corpers!

For corps members going from the South West, we have made arrangements for our cheap and safe luxurious buses to take u straight to camp! Our take off spot is in Oyingbo/Iddo, Lagos and Iwo Road, Ibadan!

For seat booking, take-off locations and other enquiries, Call 08175880377 Whatsapp 08181874425 BBM 296B498C

•59-seater Luxurious Buses! •Professional Drivers •Armed Security Personnels •No Attached Passengers •Straight To Camp •Comfort and Safety
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by Respect55(m): 10:04am On Oct 23, 2015
U will be allowed on Tuesday. It is evn better dat way so as to be among d first to be registered for in order to avoid d long cues.
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by Respect55(m): 10:08am On Oct 23, 2015
mzdamidee:
Will they allow us in on Tuesday before the orientation camp begins
[color=#006600][/color]
Yes. It is evn beta Dat way
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by olawale005(m): 11:05am On Oct 23, 2015
For those of you who as been asking for how to get to jigawa, firstly for those of you in Lagos , head to yaba and ask any one where is cross country , that is the best option I could ever give out to you , because they will be dropping you right in front of jigawa camp , please note , there is no direct bus to jigawa , you have to get to Kano first and from Kano you will find your way down to jigawa , but to safe more stress becos am sure you don't understand Hausa and those running the transport system here dont understand English either , so it's better you follow cross country who will convey you down to the camp directly from lag . For those of your coming from the east , well I will advise you to follow a night bus or luxurious down to Kano , as it will be preferable to get to your destination in the morning , since you are not familiar to this place , head to any of the luxurious park close to you , follow GUO they are usually fast or best way , when you get to Kano , they will drop you at sabon geri park , from there look for keke that will get you to kano line , from there you will get bus going to dutse then tell the driver you wanna drop at the front of the camp gate , although am sure you won't be the only one , for those of you coming from either osun , kogi and so on , you are close to abuja from Abuja , get a car going to Kano and from Kano follow ghat same direction to the camp , all in one you have to understand that you have to get to Kano first. No direct bus to jigawa pls note that .... Please keep your iron at home , any sharp object , keep your certificate at home , you will need just 6passport , get enough short white and white top , for me then I got 8short and 10shirt , I wear one for a day another for the other day I wash all on Sunday's , you won't need a shade if you don't want problem , you don't need a necklace or chain , even a wristwatch is not needed , get a waist bag as you will need where to keep your things , well you need a padlock to lock down your things, we have less stolen report am also an OBS member so if anything get missing I believe I have a knowledge of it , but that doesn't mean you have to loose guide your things. Pls don't come into Kano in the night , although there is not threat of any insurgent but a place you are coming into for the first time it won't be advisable to come in late , exist your location at night and get here in the morning .... I wish you all best of luck
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by fitfresh(m): 1:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
iamcutie:

Hello my fellow corpers I created a group chat on whatsapp
Just for us to share ideas and pass necessary Information
across to each other. Jigawa here we come!!! 2015 Batch B
!
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by fitfresh(m): 1:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
iamcutie:

God bless Nigeria God bless
Jigawa God bless the fresh corpers!!!
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by fitfresh(m): 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
starlight101:
Team Jigawa

Chat me with this number and I will add u to the group
God bless Nigeria God bless
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by fitfresh(m): 1:32pm On Oct 23, 2015
T
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by zenithola36(m): 1:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
Anyone going to jigawa from Lagos? 08025760523
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by Kizzy1(m): 1:47pm On Oct 23, 2015
phoenix0100:

Bro's we are on the same boat....how we go do na

When do u intend leavn?
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by 123456abc: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2015
While in camp, start preparing for the Job market....attempt Recruitment Aptitude Tests Online, see your scores and solutions -

Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by Kizzy1(m): 2:13pm On Oct 23, 2015
dabexy:

Leaving from P.H bro

Yes i'm leavn from PH, when do u intend leavn?
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by dabexy(m): 7:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
Kizzy1:

Tuesday, what about u?
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by fitfresh(m): 7:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sapphire06:
Please, who is leaving from osun oo

I'm going from Osun call me
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by dabexy(m): 8:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
Kizzy1:

Tuesday, what about u?
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by endyson(m): 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2015
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by nendagreen: 10:15pm On Oct 23, 2015
Jigawa stream two.. pls if dere is any whatsapp group add me on 08161122392.. tanx
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by nendagreen: 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
Pls add me to d group.. 08161122392 am stream2.. tanx
fitfresh:

Chat me with this number and I will add u to the group
08168003814 08168003814 God bless Nigeria God bless
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by martin92(m): 12:02am On Oct 24, 2015
add me on the whatsapp group 07060504080
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by endyson(m): 6:05am On Oct 24, 2015
what a lovely day, count down to 4days ,hit me up.
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by DEXTROVERT: 7:40am On Oct 24, 2015
AlexisM16:
Well, I'm a 2015 Batch A corps member serving in Dutse, Jigawa state.

Jigawa state has the best orientation camp for corpers. It's actually a sports center that's why it has two neat volley ball courts, a very wide parade ground, comfortable hostels(Block A to N) for female, same for males. Females aren't allowed into the male hostels and vice versa. The soldiers are disciplined, no violence occurred during my time in camp, not eve a finger or belt was raised against a corp member. You only have to respect and follow the rules. No threats from the soldiers also as we were approached and treated like the human beings that we were. And no disrespect of female soldiers or your funeral will take place in camp as those women no dey smile at all.

The mini market is lovely as assorted breakfast are prepared(for those that don't like the kitchen menu) before you leave the parade ground at 7:30 AM.
There is a running tap in all bathrooms in every single block in the hostels, so no complaints about water scarcity. Toilets, water heaters, water cisterns also, sinks and tiled bathroom grounds(only messed up by corpers). Every facility works in Jigawa camp. The hostels are well ventilated, tiled grounds and walls, fancy ceiling with working fans and bulbs(na small thing remain make them even fix chandelier give corpers sef). Light out is at 10 PM. Don't joke with curfew or you are on your own. Please, if you are a spoilt rich brat, please, keep the attitude at home cos when you're in camp, no one will tell you to behave yourself. Oh, the big mosque for the muslims is to die for(very wide, spacious and beautiful actually. No church for the christians). The grasses and fields are neatly trimmed(the camp looks like a GRA actually, it's called Yakubu Gowon Sports Centre for a reason, duuuhhh). Walking distance from the Goodluck Jonathan Multi-purpose hall, parade ground(closer to the boys hostel), kitchen, pavillion, volleyball courts, Man-O-War ground, medical centre, OBS studio etc, is like mountain hiking, so prepare to slim down during your stay in camp.

Fanisau camp is spacious so corpers hardly ever have a good place to hide(except inside your travelling bag, LOL). Come with your waste pouch, sold in camp too, but please come with your(my cash was stolen on the first day by humans I thought came to serve their fatherland like me), some people come to camp to steal, be very careful with your items. Phones get missing almost on daily basis, so you may want to keep your ipad air at home, its just for approximately a month, besides ONLY ETISALAT NETWORK is okay for browsing at Fanisau, the rest, lol, just switch off your phones as texts and calls hardly makes it to your phone screen, how much more browsing with GSM(not even EDGE, 3G, or LTE). MTN and GLO are worst actually, Airtel is still manageable shaa.

When I got to the medical centre a day after camp resumption, there were already up to 800 medical reports, by the following day, it was 1500. This made the medical team nonchalant about corpers plight. It was just too much nobody was paying attention to them at all. Everyone wanted to leave Jigawa, lol, I just carried my medical report jeje, straight to the hostel and inside my clear bag.

Oh, keep your prefumes at home or leave it inside your bag, or big-headed mango flies with green head will become your pally for the duration of the smell on your clothes or body. Come with vaseline and a duvet if possible, the weather isn't funny. Be prepared to drink water like fishes in the sea or suffer from dehydration(nobody will actually remind you to drink water in camp, na you go dey find the water sef). Don't panick of you don't see chilled water in camp, it's rare commodity actually, you will forcefully make do with the heated sachet water that was unsuccessfully protected from the sun and heat, so warm(rather hot)water will be yours to ask for.

The wise ones will hustle from day one to join the OBS team, while other floor members become the main corp members(I mean, someone has to go for the morning, afternoon and evening drills, right). The ORIENTATION BROADCASTING SERVICE is a perfect place for ajebutters with brains(male or female, who want to spoil their skin in the name of orientation camping?). Anyways, the OBS team are the VIP corpers in camp, lol. They are treated like holy beings and regarded with respect, others envy and hate them because of the perks that comes with joining the OBS. You don't stand in line to get food, flash your "on duty" pass at the kitchen co-ordinators and get your food while others wait in line. The parade ground is not our thing cos we are supposedly "working hard" in the camp studio. We get respect from the soldiers who treat us like one of theirs and get away with things floor members will normally get a punishment for. You get to avoid kitchen duty, parade ground, environmental sanitation, mass punishment for dirty blocks/hostels, relaxation in the studio while others are forced to listen to staffs go on and on and on about how the NYSC scheme is the best program to happen to mankind. On swearing in day and passing out parade, the OBS team stays under the shed in the pavillion while floor members sweat it out standing in the sun. I only paraded twice(the first two days) through out the 21 day exercise. How people stayed under the sun during public address and other call for gathering is what I can't really imagine. It is too damn hot in Jigawa state. Girls that love heavy weave-on, attachments on their heads, you are all on your own o. Make-up isn't allowed in camp, at all at all, as long as you are wearing white and white, forget it. The army people no gree for that one. Common powder sef, na drills for you o.

No booze in camp! FORBIDDEN. They don't want stories that touch after a group of Hot adolescents gets drunk. Glad about that too.

Make sure you hold money abeg as drinking water is bought and sold only in the market, not negotiable. The state is hot, you have been warned. Come with mosquito nets if you like but Jigawa camp is always fumigated, therefore no mosquito bites or mosquito scare in camp, don't go and complain of malaria while you're in camp just to avoid the parade ground, abeg them go ask you whether you don hear or kill a single mosquito inside the camp.

All in all, the camp is fun, for those that give a sh1t about the orientation camp and the NYSC scheme. Go and enjoy yourself(that's what anyone would tell you, right?).

Whoever gets to Kano is almost in camp (less than two hours).From Sabon gari(New road in Kano, this is the terminal for almost every coach and bus coming from the S/East, S/West and S/South, you can't get lost at all), take a keke (#150) to KANO LINE, then take a cab(#600) to Dutse. Tell the driver you are heading to NYSC camp!!! Make sure he understands where you are going! NYSC camp, DUTSE!!! It is by the road, you won't get to the cab's park in dutse. If you miss it. And find yourself in Dutse town(cos either you are sleeping or the driver forgot himself) just take a bike (#100 or #150) to orientation camp, 15 minutes from Dutse town.

Happy camping, Hehehehe...

AJUWAYA!!!

Do they allow people to bring cars into camp especially we coming from 4hrs distance
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by DEXTROVERT: 7:41am On Oct 24, 2015
Add up 08062207386
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by RichardTII: 11:22am On Oct 24, 2015
IN CASE YOU ARE AMONG THE LUCKY CORPS MEMBERS POSTED TO UNITED STATE OF JIGAWA!! Don't hesitate to contact me through 08039097363.. For wise advice.. Congratulations.. Jigawa calls
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by miles21: 3:51pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hi, fortunate or otherwise i'm in stream 2 n in ph. Plz any one leaving frm ph (stream 2) shlould reach a broda out(travel buddies)08093396151
Re: Team Jigawa Batch B 2015 Stream 1 by Mamarosa(f): 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2015
Who is leaving from ijebu ode pls or Ogun state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC Registration Guide For Married Women- List Of All Documents Needed To Apply / Change Your Date Of Birth On Nysc Portal / Adamawa Nysc Batch A 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.