Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,747 members, 7,806,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria (28419 Views)

How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / "Women Against Feminism Or Women Against Women": A Feminist View / Women In STEM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by coogar: 2:51pm On Oct 23, 2015
babygirlfl:

Honestly, her name does not sound Nigerian to me too. I am expecting your call grin grin. Coogar ask around and you will hear from women who are affected. Ask Nigerian women married to foreign men. I was surprised too. I did not know about this law. I believe women are discriminated on in Nigeria but would have sworn that we were long passed this stage.

oh yea....
i will ask sambarry. she married a togolese man.

cococandy:

You're right it's bizarre.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by crackhaus: 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2015
This b1tch is going to have nightmares tonight with the way he repeats and types my moniker... grin

And we still have such cretins here like crackhaus thinking he is right, educated and intelligent.
So this is your problem with me phaggit?

Get off my d1ck sagamite, I only replied a very biased OP with an insight of mine. grin
If after reading all of it, your spongebrain got the impression that crackhaus thinks he's right, educated, and intelligent, when he never used those words, then its pretty obvious your inferiority complex took a big hit.

You ain't all that b1tch! gringrin

6 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2015
cococandy:
we are still better than some countries o.
What if I marry someone from any of those 'lesser' African countries and he wants to become Nigerian?
First off, No Nigerian woman would marry any man from those countries except he resides in any western country. gringrin

Oh, I forgot, if he lives in Nigeria and married a Nigerian, he'd love to claim one like some Togolese here. lipsrsealed
Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by crackhaus: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

You are scared?

You are still running? grin grin grin grin

Cretinous fuuktard, I repeat:

Which moronic schools taught your daft arsse that a woman (or a man) have to marry into a family?

Fuuktard, do you know the meaning of naturally?
Phaggit saga-tinyweenie-mite, do you know the meaning of fvcktard?

Is it even a word? gringrin

6 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Onegai(f): 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

So let me get this straight..
Mr C can walk into the prefecture to get their passport with their birth cert without a consent letter from me but I can't walk into my embassy to get their own passport from my end by displaying My Nigerian passport or proving my nationality with other documents.
I thought citizenship is given by parents nationality and not where they were born( not speaking of US here).

Yes. I didn't need anyone's consent to get Baby E's birth certificate but she's not yet a Nigerian citizen in the eyes of the law. Neither are your kids (they weren't born in Nigeria so someone has to claim Nigerian citizenship on their behalf and NIS wants to be sure that your spouse is also aware that you are doing so. Because having dual citizenship means that your children are subject to Nigerian laws whilst living in Nigeria. So that if they commit a crime here (they won't in Jesus' name btw cheesy ), they are prosecuted as citizens and not as foreigners (where their embassies can try and get them out). A lot of your Naija politicians and big men gave up their foreign citizenship because of this: they can bribe Nigerian courts and EFCC easier than being extradited to their 2nd country to face the law.
Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
Onegai:

Yes. I didn't need anyone's consent to get Baby E's birth certificate but she's not yet a Nigerian citizen in the eyes of the law. Neither are your kids (they weren't born in Nigeria so someone has to claim Nigerian citizenship on their behalf and NIS wants to be sure that your spouse is also aware that you are doing so. Because having dual citizenship means that your children are subject to Nigerian laws whilst living in Nigeria. So that if they commit a crime here (they won't in Jesus' name btw cheesy ), they are prosecuted as citizens and not as foreigners (where their embassies can try and get them out). A lot of your Naija politicians and big men gave up their foreign citizenship because of this: they can bribe Nigerian courts and EFCC easier than being extradited to their 2nd country to face the law.

You are not Nigerian., your kids were not born in Nigeria but their dad is Nigerian. Of cos he needs to approve of it.
In US, Kids born there are automatically citizens. Over here citizenship is based on parents nationality and not place of birth.

So basically if I have my kids birth cert and I have my passport as their mother , I still need for their father to approve of the Kidd having Nigerian passport.
I dont understand you and edwife o. Is it the wine.?

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
crackhaus:
This b1tch is going to have nightmares tonight with the way he repeats and types my moniker... grin

So this is your problem with me phaggit?

Get off my d1ck sagamite, I only replied a very biased OP with an insight of mine. grin
If after reading all of it, your spongebrain got the impression that crackhaus thinks he's right, educated, and intelligent, when he never used those words, then its pretty obvious your inferiority complex took a big hit.

You ain't all that b1tch! gringrin

Cretinous fuuktard, are you terrified!

I am on your case from now on.

That is your nightmare. grin grin grin grin grin

I am your new nemesis! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXRuoSHI6eQ

crackhaus:

Fuuktard, continue running. grin grin grin grin

Mutaino7, what did I tell you was the only possible outcome?

He can run but he can't hide.

I will fcking deal with him. It is just one of the benefits of having the privilege of being imperiously more intelligent than these fuuktards.

I can pick on them and bully them at will. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by edwife(f): 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

So let me get this straight..
Mr C can walk into the prefecture to get their passport with their birth cert without a consent letter from me but I can't walk into my embassy to get their own passport from my end by displaying My Nigerian passport or proving my nationality with other documents.
I thought citizenship is given by parents nationality and not where they were born( not speaking of US here).

I don't understand what you saying chilli.But to answer your question about the law regarding the procurement of a passport to a child under the age of 18 read this and this is the law I know.

http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/pdf/epptfirstissueforminor.pdf

Citizenship is given by parents nationality if you are an immigrant or do not have a citizenship of that particular country.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by crackhaus: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

You think despite his public "bravado", he is not quaking in his shoes when he saw my moniker was the one that picked him out?
Lmao... The little immigrant cockroach believes it can make anyone quake. cheesy

Apart from being an intellectual midget, you also suffer from a psychotic god-complex....probably to mask the insecurity of having a tiny weenie and no self-esteem. gringrin

My bravado aside (compliment taken BTW), I could squash you with my eyes blindfolded while you continuously feed off the leftovers.

You're my b1tch, b1tch! cool

7 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by crackhaus: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

Cretinous fuuktard, are you terrified!

I am on your case from now on.

That is your nightmare. grin grin grin grin grin

I am your new nemesis! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXRuoSHI6eQ

Fuuktard, continue running. grin grin grin grin

Mutaino7, what did I tell you was the only possible outcome?

He can run but he can't hide.

I will fcking deal with him. It is just one of the benefits of having the privilege of being imperiously more intelligent than these fuuktards.

I can pick on them and bully them at will. cool
Tiny weenie phaggit, on what planet are you able to bully crackhaus... cheesycheesy
You better recognize boy... anytime you see this moniker, show some respect.

Crackhaus never runs b1tch, bring it on anytime... grin

4 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2015
edwife:

I don't understand what you saying chilli.But to answer your question about the law regarding the procurement of a passport to a child under the age of 18 read this and this is the law I know.

http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/pdf/epptfirstissueforminor.pdf

Citizenship is given by parents nationality if you are an immigrant or do not have a citizenship of that particular country.

Of cos , as at the time of his birth I was still an immigrant. Had only my dearest Nigerian passport. So that still gives me the right to get his own passport. Fulstop tongue

2 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by edwife(f): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

Of cos , as at the time of his birth I was still an immigrant. Had only my dearest Nigerian passport. So that still gives me the right to get his own passport. Fulstop tongue

It is the wine! grin Either you or your husband(if he was a Nigerian) will need a consent from each of you before issuing your child a passport.

Read the link from the Nigerian Embassy i gave you.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2015
crackhaus:

Lmao... The little immigrant cockroach believes it can make anyone quake. cheesy

Apart from being an intellectual midget, you also suffer from a psychotic god-complex....probably to mask the insecurity of having a tiny weenie and no self-esteem. gringrin

My bravado aside (compliment taken BTW), I could squash you with my eyes blindfolded while you continuously feed off the leftovers.

You're my b1tch, b1tch! cool

crackhaus:

Tiny weenie phaggit, on what planet are you able to bully crackhaus... cheesycheesy
You better recognize boy... anytime you see this moniker, show some respect.
Crackhaus never runs b1tch, bring it on anytime... grin

If you know you are not terrified then why are you running? grin grin grin grin grin

I boasted to Mutaino7 that I was going to pummel you and you were going run. Instead of you to stand up like a man and prove me wrong, you decided to prove me right.

Liver fail you? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cretinous fuuktard, lets try again. Maybe you have had a liver transplant:

Which moronic schools taught your daft arsse that a woman (or a man) have to marry into a family?

...............He is pissing himself right now. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 23, 2015
edwife:

It is the wine! grin Either you or your husband(if he was a Nigerian) will need a consent from each of you before issuing your child a passport.

Read the link from the Nigerian Embassy i gave you.
We still saying same thing .

Nigerian website requires written approval from the man but the prefecture just needed his consent and their birth cert. I wasn't asked to appear or write a long letter .

Anyway e don pass , make I go double my hustle. You no hear say Linda ikeji buy a billion naira house cheesy

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by tpiah11: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

You are not Nigerian., your kids were not born in Nigeria but their dad is Nigerian. Of cos he needs to approve of it.
In US, Kids born there are automatically citizens. Over here citizenship is based on parents nationality and not place of birth.

So basically if I have my kids birth cert and I have my passport as their mother , I still need for their father to approve of the Kidd having Nigerian passport.

what is wrong with having the father's consent for his kid's passport?

Do children living with the mother also not need consent from both parents before getting a passport?

These are the requirements for a US passport for a minor as stated on the US travel site:

Parental Consent

Children under age 16 cannot apply for a passport by themselves.

Both parents/guardians must appear in person with the child and provide consent, authorizing passport issuance to the child. If one parent/guardian is unable to appear in person, then the DS-11 application must be accompanied by a signed, notarized Form DS-3053: Statement of Consent from the non-applying parent/guardian.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/under-16.html
Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
tpiah11:

what is wrong with having the father's consent for his kid's passport?

Do children living with the father also not need consent from both parents before getting a passport?

I think say na better person quote me.

Tpiah, it's bedtime.
You shouldn't be here, take your drugs and go to bed

3 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by tpiah11: 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

I know say I no be better person.

it's bedtime.

I shouldn't be here, I will take my drugs and go to bed

you never learn.

are you a goat?

4 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Mutaino7(m): 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
crackhaus:

don't be this wicked...Boxing is a game of passion and love if you remove all im teeth nah draw i go declare ..am very sure oga sagamite rebuttal we bring headache coz diz iz just too much

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
tpiah11:

you never learn.

are you a goat?

Direct the question to your mother .

Is she a goat ?

wink

3 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by crackhaus: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

[s]You are a cretinous fuuktard!

If you know you are not terrified then why are you running? grin grin grin grin grin

I boasted to Mutaino7 that I was going to pummel you and you were going run. Instead of you to stand up like a man and prove me wrong, you decided to prove me right.

...............He is pissing himself right now. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin [/s]
The sad and unfortunate part is that you're not even coming up with anything new and really starting to bore me...at least, put your back into it b1tch and make it a challenge.
Is this the smarts and ingenuity you so brazenly brag about? cheesy

I'm even more sad for the person who thought calling on sagamite to engage me in a debate/word-fest when peeps like coog and TV are there... gringrin

All I keep reading are fvcktard, moronic, cretinous, failed education system, etc. gringrin

What is the meaning of fvcktard?

Your family in the village ought to be ashamed that their only hope out of poverty can't come up with new words in all the years he's spent on NL, not to mention making enough dough to send back home.

Saga-tinyweenie-mite, sagamu's bravest numbskull with a god-complex... gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by tpiah11: 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

My mother is a goat
wink

I am sorry for your pain my dear.

I guess it's my fault you are hurting.

Hurt no more. cheesy
Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2015
crackhaus:

The sad and unfortunate part is that you're not even coming up with anything new and really starting to bore me...at least, put your back into it b1tch and make it a challenge.
Is this the smarts and ingenuity you so brazenly brag about? cheesy

I'm even more sad for the person who thought calling on sagamite to engage me in a debate/word-fest when peeps like coog and TV are there... gringrin

All I keep reading are fvcktard, moronic, cretinuous, failed education system, etc. gringrin

What is the meaning of fvcktard?

Your family in the village ought to be ashamed that their only hope out of poverty can't come up with new words in all the years he's spent on NL, not to mention making enough dough to send back home.

Saga-tinyweenie-mite, sagamu's bravest numbskull with a god-complex... gringrin

You have no more stuuupid opinions to give? grin grin grin grin grin

You are scared? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Terrified I would make you look moronic as usual? grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2015
coogar:

oh yea....
i will ask sambarry. she married a togolese man.

WHAT IS MY MONICA DOING IN YOUR CONVO smiley

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Mutaino7(m): 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

...............He is pissing himself right now. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
(grabs mic and faces camera)NAIJA LADIES and GENTLEMEN am presently at teslim balogun stadium to witness what is being titled the fight of the year......(looks left and right).... I present to you on my left LEE SAGAMITE a.k.a phaggit(only jah know) vs WIU CRAKHAUS a.k.a cretin(i only know of retina)... this is fight till you poof or peme.. (call the two fighters to the center of the ring).....my left palm nah uch ibadan d right one nah hopkins U.S.A so choose carefully.. (faces camera.. naija ladies and bros we will now go for commercial break..) cameraman how my pose?

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2015
Mutaino7:
(grabs mic and faces camera)NAIJA LADIES and GENTLEMEN am presently at teslim balogun stadium to witness what is being titled the fight of the year......(looks left and right).... I present to you on my left LEE SAGAMITE a.k.a phaggit(only jah know) vs WIU CRAKHAUS a.k.a cretin(i only know of retina)... this is fight till you poof or peme.. (call the two fighters to the center of the ring).....my left palm nah uch ibadan d right one nah hopkins U.S.A so choose carefully.. (faces camera.. naija ladies and bros we will now go for commercial break..) cameraman how my pose?

Are you reetarded?

I told you this is not a fight, this is a public humiliating beating. Like a street beating with the one being beat crying and begging for help while running for his life. Bullying by the more powerful.

What you need to announce is for someone to call 999.

4 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by crackhaus: 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

You have no more stuuupid opinions to give? grin grin grin grin grin

You are scared? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Terrified I would make you look moronic as usual? grin grin grin grin
Too many emoticons, saga-tinyweenie-mite is obviously over-compensating.

New words swine, new words... Is that too hard? grin

4 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

What a profoundly moronic statement!

And also profoundly moronic for Njokusboy to say "Bravo".

crackhaus, did you actually think you were making sense when you decided to give this moronic "insight"?

So you think saying a "woman marries into the family of a man" as a premise of making laws is not sexist discrimination?

You even foolishly called it "common sense"?

So of you actually love to assert that the stupidity you have learnt/been taught is actually pure brilliance because many of you accepted it?

What kind of moronic common sense do they teach in this fcked up failed education system we have in Nigeria for fck sake?

Did you think you were making sense?

what is wrong with this overblown clown?
nd you still ended up saying nothing

2 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Mutaino7(m): 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

Are you reetarded?

I told you this is not a fight, this is a public humiliating beating. Like a street beating with the one being beat crying and begging for help while running for his life. Bullying by the more powerful.

answer to first question ...NO sir
Picks up mic and moves closer to Mr LEE so fans can har what is about to say..
Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by crackhaus: 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

Are you reetarded?

What you need to announce is how tiny your weenie is so we can recommend some physiological and therapeutic help for you, toad...

I believe there's a thread somewhere on this section that could help.

3 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 4:20pm On Oct 23, 2015
crackhaus:

Too many emoticons, saga-tinyweenie-mite is obviously over-compensating.

New words swine, new words... Is that too hard? grin

You are still running?

Saga terrifies you? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mutaino7:
answer to first question ...NO sir
Picks up mic and moves closer to Mr LEE so fans can har what is about to say..

Can you see?

What did I tell you from the beginning?

I says what I meants, and I means what I says. {sic}

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2015
njokusboy:

Tell us which moronic failed schools produced you that you agreed with the fuuktard?

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by crackhaus: 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2015
njokusboy:

Which is what I found funny in all of this.

I responded to about three different bits from the OP in three different posts, saga-tinyweenie-mite is still on the first one and has not even rebutted it in its entirety... grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

Relate your Worst experience from overstaying visitors / My Mother Wants Us To Stop Bearing Our Father's Name / Burial Of Father And Daughter Electrocuted In Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.