Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog (11367 Views)

Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So / An Open Letter To Bloggers Struggling To Get More Traffic By Jon Morrow / Free Ways To Promote Your Website/blog Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Julius2214(m): 7:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
Getting traffic for your blog is a challenging task, especially if your blog is a new one, unless you’re prepared to spend money on advertisement.

Knowing that you’re the only reader of your blog is somehow heartbreaking and makes you wanna give up. The truth is that, you can never make a dime from a blog without traffic. But before you think of giving up, there are actually ways you can get traffic on your blog for free. Yes free! And legally of course.

In this post, I’ll be showing you 10 free ways to get more traffic to your blog. Read on

[size=13pt]1. Site optimization[/size]
Traffic from search engines are the best. If done properly, site optimization will work wonder on your blog. Though optimizing your blog for search engines is one of the hardest method of getting free traffic, but making use of plugins like WordPress SEO by Yoast (only WordPress users). That’s one of the advantages of using WordPress for blogging.

[size=13pt]2. Fresh and valuable contents[/size]
According to Google, “keep it fresh and relevant”. People will check back on your blog if they enjoy your posts to see if you published a new post. That is why you must always update your blog. If they frequently check your, but the last post is still the same, they may never come back again. To make this system work for you, you should regularly give your readers interesting and valuable content.

[size=13pt]3. Free Product or service offering[/size]
People love free stuff. You can give out free eBooks or host a giveaway. This has been one of the effective ways to get free traffic. It will bring you loyal visitors and increase your traffic if you do it regularly. If you are offering a free eBook, it must be related to your niche else it won’t work,

[size=13pt]4. Posting on Forums[/size]
Most forums allow signature, if you know what I mean. You can use this to your advantage by placing a link back to your blog. With this style you can build a big list of followings because if you solve one or the query on the web people have a tendency to click on the URL in your signature to know more about you and hence can know about your website and start following you. Almost all blog owners on NairaLand uses this method.

[size=13pt]5. Guest posting on high traffic blogs[/size]
If you give one of the best content to others it can make your website rank go up as it not only drives traffic towards your website but also establishes you as a serious folk in Blogging arena. Make sure you target a high ranking blog with massive traffic in your niche.

[size=13pt]6. Responsiveness[/size]
Your blog should be mobile friendly to give easy access to mobile users. The web is going mobile. More and more people browse the web with their phone. If your blog is not responsive, you are sending visitors and your prospective customers away.

[size=13pt]7. Social Media[/size]
If all you do with Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and the likes is chatting and viewing pictures, then you’re wasting your time. Or you only use YouTube for watching and downloading videos, it will never benefit you. Make good use of your time today and start promoting your blog on social media.

[size=13pt]8. Commenting on other blogs[/size]
Find popular blogs in your niche and post relevant and helpful comments on the posts. But instead of linking your name to your blog’s homepage, link to your post on related content. This way when they click through, they are immediately on a highly relevant page that they are interested in. And because they read your comment, which was useful and unique, they already think of you as an authority.

[size=13pt]9. Respond to comments of your posts[/size]
Person who is writing a comment on your website is spending some time with your website and hence is sharing experience appreciate people for thoughts and do comment back also you can visit their websites and mark few comments. Be honest while responding on your website or writing comment on others website to make sure you are not ending up on people’s spams.

[size=13pt]10. Link to other blogs[/size]
Link to other bloggers in your post. That’s really all there is to it. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is never linking out. Link out to others in your posts and they will take notice of you, most of them will tweet about your post at the very least. Some of them will even link back to you. This is a easy and free way to get traffic. Just don’t forget about your readers and make sure that the links are relevant.

http://bloggingplan.com/10-free-ways-to-get-more-traffic-on-your-blog/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
cool[color=#990000][/color] NICE POST BRO
http://antoinfo.cf
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Godmother(f): 1:22am On Oct 23, 2015
Nice one, OP. Picked up one or two good points from your article.

1 Like

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Julius2214(m): 6:49am On Oct 23, 2015
Godmother:
Nice one, OP. Picked up one or two good points from your article.
Yes, they sure works if you make good use of them
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by naijainfogalery: 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2015
All these bloggers will come here and post all this trash here every week yet none of you is buying mansion in Banana Island.
Abeg instead of all this rubbish. just introduce me to the baba that helped Linda Ikeji do her own, i swear the baba juju dey work well well.
I bet Linda Ikeji isnt doing all these things you listed here.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2015
BBM broadcasts.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Ayoswit(f): 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2015
K. Nice one
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Stevano007(m): 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2015
Op 10 ways to get out of Lagos traffic would have been a more useful post undecided

5 Likes

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by autotrader014(m): 4:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nice

Clean Nigerian used cars for sale at Auto trader. We sell cheap, and genuine Nigerian used cars. Price from N350k. Our office is in Plot 226 Sani Abacha Road GRA Phase II, Port harcourt. Reach me on whatsapp 08187368455

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by mcmaurice20(m): 4:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
op pls how do I use my blog to make money
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
11. Give free recharge cards, thank me later

2 Likes

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
Ok
Check the link below to see how you can start making huge money starting your own plantain farm.

https://www.nairaland.com/2097637/hidden-truths-plantain-farming-business

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by timilehing(m): 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2015
어이고. 대 반.
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by dOnLarich: 4:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
i love you all
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by yomalex(m): 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
Traffic is important
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
Hacking

1 Like

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
Ok, so I want to use this medium to tell new bloggers looking for a webmaster to be careful of who you are giving your project, latest scammer on NL looking for peoples little money.
Beware !!!.
Name: ( Oluwaseun Paul); username: dwebdesign , webzyweb ; Email: segzy54@gmail.com; Number: 08133884165
He will even talk to you on phone and act like a
brother but later gonna scam you.
#Thanks

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nonsense list that don't work.
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
Well done OP
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by MadCow1: 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
EMPLOY LASTMA AS YOUR WEBMASTER..

2 Likes

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by jony247(m): 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by ikombe: 4:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
11. Get more danfos on your site undecided
if there are more bus plying your site to and fro , picking passengers i swear your trafic go rocket pass linda ikeji own grin

12. Get more trafic Lights on every junctions of you site
Test result from other sites, explains that more traffic lights on each junction of your site can generate very usefull traffics.

Hope i helped undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Julius2214(m): 4:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
mcmaurice20:
op pls how do I use my blog to make money
Traffic is the very first thing. Get enough followers and convert them to cash.
You can get in touch with me for any questions.
Julius@bloggingplan.com
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
This lies will only work for those without AdSense

1 Like

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
all this steps are a waste of time.... just add "mojo" to ur blog ....thank me later
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Julius2214(m): 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
JideTheBlogger:
Well done OP
Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by kossyablaze(m): 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
Cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Very Funny Facebook Statuses / Google Adsense Questions : Please Help. / Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.