Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (667026 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
Zaynie,

Stop ghosting,come in!! tongue

Shymm3x & tupacshakur ,
I know you guys want more sisi but you gat to take what you get ni oo, cheesy

Zaynie is meant to be here, please help welcome here...
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
Modath I'm actually very familiar with the ones in Lagos since I grew up around Idi-Araba area

Adamu's radio is crucial.ANY MOFO TRY STEALING IT GETS BEHEADED cool grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
. cool

More.

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 10:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
modath:
Superstar abeg tell 'em ... Even if abok1 be church rat, he must get transistor radio ..

Southerners often wonder how they manage to congregate & ready for war, it is cos they have foreknowledge of what is buzzing in the polity...

Seems you talked abot Yobe sometime ago, Potiskum or Damaturu? Rest of Yobe is lipsrsealed

Ilekehd , aareonakakanfo, ramdeuter , katsumoto , mayoroflagos , onreflection , iyaiode , et al, are you gentlemen & ladies familiar with any hausa/ fulani person, beyond the stereotype / rhetorics ...

Zimoni , I nor go ask you, you & the sabo crew already don share boundary. grin

The Hausa and the Fulani group are a pretty interesting lot. I am not sure if it is still possible to have pure Hausa indigenes, as there has been a lot of acculturation and inter-marriage in the North. There are so many different Northern ethnic groups that speak fluent Hausa (e.g. Kanuri, Sayyawa, Bachama, Fulani etc.) sad I am not familiar with Yobe or Adamawa. But I have spent some time in Kaduna, Kano, Niger & Kebbi states.

On one hand, you have the rich, well-educated folks who form the bulk of the upper class. Many of them have 2nd and 3rd degrees from Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Egyptian and Middle East universities. You would be amazed to see their hijab-wearing women have had the best kind of education from the poshest schools around. Religion is a strong factor, and even though there are a few Fulani Christians, most Fulbe believe that being a true Fulani goes hand in hand, with being a devoted Muslim. Many of them speak fluent Hausa....come to think of it, I have never met a Fulani person who could not speak Hausa, even though I have met a number of Fulani that cannot speak their indigenous language.

Respect for authority is entrenched, and the monarchy in various communities, are revered. The wealthy families live in opulence, but there is also a large educated middle-class, who are fairly comfortable and content with their earnings. undecided

At the other end of the spectrum, are the really poor uneducated citizens who live from hand-to-mouth, on a daily basis. They have benefactors, and so they gather each day in front of the houses of their benefactors in order to receive a daily stipend, or a daily handout for a meal. They are the ones that can easily be used as tools by the rich. Due to their lack of education, they can easily be brainwashed.
Among this lot, you will find the almajiris and the talakawas. Again, religion plays a decisive role within this group. There are also animists that practise the traditional religions, but I have only met just a few. The politicians and extremist preachers often find ready tools, among these poor chaps. sad

What am I saying?? You have Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri etc artisans and professionals, just like you have among the different tribes, down south. They are just as widely diverse as the southerners when it comes to their daily lives. Ah, I am not sure I am making a lot of sense here, because some of these things are just so hard to describe. undecided

And yes....a lot of them are hooked to their radio, and also TV sets. They love Kannywood just as much as they enjoy watching Nollywood movies. cheesy Ask their women!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
Isoro and the Ooni.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
Ki ade pe ni ori oba alaiyeluwa ,

Ooni Ogunwusi, igba yin a tu wa lara.. amin..

Zaynie, i will continue to mention till you vex oooo.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superstar1(m): 11:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Shymm3x/Superstar1 I don't know If you guys are familiar with the !dd!otic romani who calls himself pazi.enza,pizza or whatever the mo.fo who sired him named him cheesy

The stan keeps spamming the whole place with how he comes here to laugh and blahblah and how the thread is bullch!t

Even if it is, maan give it a rest you know grin he has mentioned it in like 6 different places

That's how sad!sts console themselves grin

Igbin cannot help it. grin cheesy 300 pages! We're cruising

Iyalaya awon haters cool Je ko mo grin

that dude is a worldclass id1ot.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
My people and the Ooni.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 11:05pm On Nov 23, 2015
superstar1:

I concur! He is also a revisionist par excellence, and quotes copiously from various sources without attributing those quotes to the right publication and/or authors, just to support his twisted assertions.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 11:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Modath I'm actually very familiar with the ones in Lagos since I grew up around Idi-Araba area

Adamu's radio is crucial.ANY MOFO TRY STEALING IT GETS BEHEADED cool grin

Lol @ Adamu... Great to know cos most southerners are only familiar with the maisuyas, shoemakers, okada rider etc & have a stereotype that is almost hard to dispel.....

They may be clannish, they
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 23, 2015
Oba Ilesun (Obalesun) who doubles as the Oloja Iranje and the Ooni.

The son of Lakandi Oore whose father from the history chronology crowned Sijuade.

A strong Ilesun lineage, Fanihunr/Omidirepo/Elugbaju blood smiley. May olodumare and alaale bless him.

A police chief who quit his job to answer the call of his fathers.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
More.

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
Musiwa419:
Their life don spoil aswear ! You will see them create a Imo ibo VS Anambra ibo thead; fighting, abusing and cursing each other. Southsouth ibo VS Southeast ibo are always on each others throat. Biafra ibo VS Nigeria ibo no dey gree, while the Osu ibo .......... no one knows those ones.

Deep down within them, they are envious of this thread. I read one of them suggesting that they have a similar thread like ours which would include all the ibo states. Na one anambra ibo spoil the whole suggestion. LWKMD

Awon omo ale!

Even If the thread is bullch!t,If you don talk am once or twice,E don do naa grin grin

If something doesn't make sense,then you avoid it abi beeko egbon mi?

The mawffugh keeps messing up the whole place yarnin ch!t

I saw him trying to debate with Sir On.reflection on one thread like that

LWKMD that day grin Oro boya awon otondo egbe re loun bawi grin cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
More.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 11:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
modath:

Superstar abeg tell 'em ... Even if abok1 be church rat, he must get transistor radio ..

Southerners often wonder how they manage to congregate & ready for war, it is cos they have foreknowledge of what is buzzing in the polity...

Seems you talked abot Yobe sometime ago, Potiskum or Damaturu? Rest of Yobe is lipsrsealed

Ilekehd , aareonakakanfo, ramdeuter , katsumoto , mayoroflagos , onreflection , iyaiode , et al, are you gentlemen & ladies familiar with any hausa/ fulani person, beyond the stereotype / rhetorics ...

Zimoni , I nor go ask you, you & the sabo crew already don share boundary. grin

Awa ni yen oooo. Awa ti Sabo. Awa ti Ilare Connecsann.

Awa ti Town Igboro. Sabo Lagere Mayfair Campus. Town Igboro Town Igboro. Mayfair Sabo Igboya Town Igboro.

Hahahahahahahaahah

I spent years with those dudes on Ilare and Sabo. I've been eating suya at Sabo since 1988(my older brother took me there before I became chairman of suya joints in 90s). They are friendly if there's no crises but they lose their senses when crisis starts. From DHQ to where I'm working now, I've always been with them. Good guys only if there's no crisis, they show no mercy the moment they start the killings. Those dudes are something else.

I was in Abuja in 2002 during the Miss World crisis, they destroyed many street light poles at Central Area and Wuse Zone 3 and 4. They burnt cars and injured many people. Melo melo ni fo se so nipa awon people yen.

They always listen to BBC, the educated ones follow online while the poor ones listen to transistor radio. No matter how poor an Abok1 is, he must own a transistor radio. Those guys are current.

The problem they have is bad leadership. Their leaders don't give a damn about them, they just want them to remain poor so that they will keep chanting rankadede alhaji on jumat days and earn peanut from alhajis. Their leaders really F them. God bless Pa Awolowo in HEAVEN(yeah, I'm sure) that he is today. If Papa Awolowo was a God or gods, I would have worhipped him. He and His Team Are The Best. He had the best brains around him. RIP Papa.

Summary of my ngbatiii. Those Dudes Are Not Stable/Predictable. You never can tell when they will start killing people again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
superstar1:

The boy deserves an Oscar for !ddiocy
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
A worthy experience to have been part of ogboru Sijuade's spiritual exit procedure as well as the installation of the Giesi Ojaja Ogunwusi. smiley

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 23, 2015

cool

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2015
Musiwa419:
Their life don spoil aswear ! You will see them create a Imo ibo VS Anambra ibo thead; fighting, abusing and cursing each other. Southsouth ibo VS Southeast ibo are always on each others throat. Biafra ibo VS Nigeria ibo no dey gree, while the osu ibo .......... no one knows those ones.

Deep down within them, they are envious of this thread. I read one of them suggesting that they have a similar thread like ours which would include all the ibo states. Na one anambra ibo spoil the whole suggestion. LWKMD

Bwaaaahahahhaha , kikikikii kikiki... grin grin cheesy ... Emperor will not come & kill sombori for hia oooo grin

I can imagine Osu Ibo, cheesy

What kind of people discriminate against their own?

Na dem, dem go use do Slave if they manage to get that their utopia dem be dey do exercise for....

Their marginalization will win olympic goal & diamond league+ laureus trophy join....

Laudate, bravo... nice piece....

Zaynie, i have heard you, will give you a week break.. tongue

Mayoroflagos is an isale eko bros too..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 11:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
9jacrip:
A worthy experience to have been part of ogboru Sijuade's spiritual exit procedure as well as the installation of the Giesi Ojaja Ogunwusi. smiley

Bro, I have three questions.

Is Obatala Family responsible for coronation of a new Ooni?

Are they the ones called Isoro?

Did you participate in the process?

Long Live The New Ooni. Igba Odun, Odun Kan.

I know the Obatala Temple at Idita.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OAUTemitayo: 11:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
OAUTemitayo please post the link to your blog

Have you started adding stuffs to it?

Shymm3x/forgiveness/interloper a nice youtube page for you guys to track our home grown talents

300 pages gift smiley.I try na grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf40-DtiucBzrkSn7WMYsgw
I have not started adding stuffs.
School things.
oduduwarepublic.com
Trying to get some stuffs from OAU library.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 11:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
Musiwa419:
Their life don spoil aswear ! You will see them create a Imo ibo VS Anambra ibo thead; fighting, abusing and cursing each other. Southsouth ibo VS Southeast ibo are always on each others throat. Biafra ibo VS Nigeria ibo no dey gree, while the Osu ibo .......... no one knows those ones.

What they do to themselves on their threads is terrible. They sometimes travel to one another states to go and take picture of ghettos and paste on nl. It's always been Imo vs Anambra or Abia vs Anambra or Enugu vs Anambra or Anambra vs Ebonyi. It's always been Anambra shaaa. And we all know the Anambra dude who promised to denounce Anambra if they cut off his Town(Uga) from the State. The dude can kill for his state. He's a clown and interesting dude, his problem is he doesn't stop whenever he starts bashing any SE state no matter the pleas from people.

Those dudes are something else. They always claim superiority. Everybody is a boss.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 11:49pm On Nov 23, 2015
9jacrip:

This is why I'm a proponent of the idea of folks from each Yoruba town researching the history of whatevet towns they come from first or ancestry before whichever they have or develop interest in.

I never knew Oniru was Ijebu. Please share whatever details you have on Ijebu history - I'm sure there are other Ijebu folks and Yoruba history enthusiasts who have interest.

Between, I've always had this luck with Ijebu chicks grin

Plus, Ijebu have always had this support for Ife when it comes to war cool

You should know Oniru is Ijebu. Toolz is Oniru and she's Ijebu.

I'm not even an authority on Ijebu history like that but I do know a bit. But you can ask me any question and I'll see if I can provide answers. Terracotta is more of an authority on Ijebu history than I'm and he knows far more than I will ever dream about lool.

Hehehe. We need to do trade by barter cos I like Osun chics. You can take all the Ijebu chics you want. All you need to do is pass me the Osun ones and we're good. Really and truly, I seldom meet Ijebu chics (not that I'm always on the look out for them - when it comes to chics, I just grab anything I fancy regardless of ethnicity). One of my exes is half-Ijebu (pops) and half-Delta. I had a fling with one with big t.its in Uni. And some extremely beautiful chic that I chat to on and off now. Those are the only three Ijebu chics I consciously know, who aren't related to me, and aren't my family friends.

Ife is home. Whoever doesn't like Ife doesn't like his heritage and ancestry lol.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
OAUTemitayo:
I have not started adding stuffs.
School things.
oduduwarepublic.com
Trying to get some stuffs from OAU library.

Oh its actually a website! nice one

You can even add a comment section to it where people can comment using Disqus

Feel free to pick any of my posts you find interesting

What kind of content do you plan to stuff it up with?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
superstar1:

I quite agree with you.

Can those western nations do anything without an objective or hidden agenda behind it? Extremely rare.

Based on personal observation, I think most Yoruba folks are already Anglophiles and/or Americophiles. So I don't even think they need BBC for any agenda since the people are already like that. If the folks were different/green, that is a next thing entirely.

If it is going to help the folks get the news in real time remotely, it is cool. Nigerian media is also pro-west.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OAUTemitayo: 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Oh its actually a website! nice one

You can even add a comment section on it where people can comment using Disqus

Feel free to pick any of my posts you find interesting

What kind of content do you plan to stuff it up with?

I am planning to use it to promote the history, culture, tradition and interest of all descendants of Oduduwa from Yoruba's to Itshekiris, Edos and the Yorubas of the Middle belt.
Yoruba's of Benin Republic, Togo, Brazil, Carribeans and throughout the diaspora are also of interest.
it is studies that have been making it difficult.
Surely I will soon start updating.
The comments section will definitely be there too.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 12:02am On Nov 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Shymm3x/Superstar1 I don't know If you guys are familiar with the !dd!otic romani who calls himself pazi.enza,pizza or whatever the mo.fo who sired him named him grin

The stan keeps spamming the whole place with how he comes here to laugh and blahblah and how the thread is bullch!t

Even if it is, maaan give it a rest you know grin. he has mentioned it in like 6 different threads

That's how sad!sts console themselves grin

Igbin cannot help it. grin cheesy 300 pages! We're cruising

Iyalaya awon haters cool Je ko mo grin

Pazienza has always been the most emotional and insecure of the half-decent Romanis on these sides lool.

You can't even blame him for his feminine tendencies cos he might be homoerotic. He used to be very active on gay threads supporting gay pride till I called him out loool. But he is a cool guy, when he isn't wearing the Biafran jacket. He is similar to ezeagu.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 12:04am On Nov 24, 2015
modath:

Zaynie,

Stop ghosting,come in!! tongue

Shymm3x & tupacshakur ,
I know you guys want more sisi but you gat to take what you get ni oo, cheesy

Zaynie is meant to be here, please help welcome here...

Sis Zaynie, welcome to the big owanbe party and don't be shy. We spray dollar bills in here lol.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 24, 2015
zimoni:

Bro, I have three questions.

Is Obatala Family responsible for coronation of a new Ooni?

Are they the ones called Isoro?

Did you participate in the process?

Long Live The New Ooni. Igba Odun, Odun Kan.

I know the Obatala Temple at Idita.

1. Ile Olorisa (Obatala family) ought to be the royal house in Ife but Obatala lost the crown to Oduduwa who suppressed his influence and even exiled him. However, his level of influence and spiritual power at that point made Oduduwa and his group seek for his help and regocnized his place in Ife scheme of things. So, the Modewa Ife (Obalufe etc) play the part of selection of Ooni candidate and we play the role of spiritual fortification and installation because we own the asiri of the 'etutu' and stuff to the ade.

2. Yes, we are the folks referred to as Isoro. Isoro is the spiritual arm of Ife while the Modewa are the political arm. Isoro is made up of Obatala, Obarese, Orisa ikire and Orisaoko - with Obatala as the head of Isoro.

3. Yes, I did. Left Owo to Ibadan and then to Ife where I've been, although exhausted.

Obatala temple at Idita has an old mud structure inside its premises - Obatala's Iranje Oko palace. The artefact is there. I suppose you know Mokuro towards NTA axis along Ilesa road where Esinmirin river is; that was the Ilaje/Mahin/Ugbo settlement with Osangangan Obamakin as their king. Obatala was exiled to that part and Obamakin stepped down for him to be their king till he was apologized to and brought back to Igbo Itapa (Iranje Ile) and the Ugbos migrated to their present Ondo settlement in protest.

Story yen po but I'm glad you know certain places.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Elebiju: 12:12am On Nov 24, 2015
Ilaje44:

You sound like an oyinbo. They were not fighting, but were having a funny discussion. I think I may have a recording of meself on youtube speaking Ilaje. It's an old recording, so I have to dig through Youtube.

Regarding Ilaje names, some of our names are written in the standard Yoruba language, while others maintain their distinctive Ilaje flair.

Here are some Ilaje names:
Emiloju - Emi lo ju
Meseghan - Mi o se won
Mabamije - Ma bami je
Oloronjughan - Olorun ju won
Oraise - Ori ti ko se
Emopin - A ko mo opin
Omawunmi - Omowunmi (Isekiri write OMAWUMI)
Molewato
Ayanfe

The names are taken from my family. My own name is also among.

Lene - ta lo ni (was a most Reverend Apostle of the Zion Movement. Ilaje are traditionally adherent of the Cherub and Seraph church)
Megbodofo - Mi o gbudo so
Elebiju - eniti o lebi lo ju
Ebiesuwa - Ebi o se iwa
Ojagbohunmi - ilu gbohun mi (Ilajes call "ilu" Oja, and call "oja" obon. Mo nlo si oja ni Ilaje ni: Mo mi yu obon. Mo nlo si ilu a je: Mo mi yu oja. Ago ni a npe abule ni Ilaje.
Semudara - was also a popular priest/prince

Before, the Ilaje gospel singers of the seventies and eighties used to sing in Ilaje, but they now use the standard Yoruba to appeal to more audience.
I wished I took my audio cassettes with me when I left Nigeria in the days of yore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqvy4CyBFqs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdtMSrqQpNI?list=PLLDwtAcCVwmFsfRrImgzWackovQiRd9Mb
you sabi person jare, you are a true son of the waters.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

You should know Oniru is Ijebu. Toolz is Oniru and she's Ijebu.

I'm not even an authority on Ijebu history like that but I do know a bit. But you can ask me any question and I'll see if I can provide answers. Terracotta is more of an authority on Ijebu history than I'm and he knows far more than I will ever dream about lool.

Hehehe. We need to do trade by barter cos I like Osun chics. You can take all the Ijebu chics you want. All you need to do is pass me the Osun ones and we're good. Really and truly, I seldom meet Ijebu chics (not that I'm always on the look out for them - when it comes to chics, I just grab anything I fancy regardless of ethnicity). One of my exes is half-Ijebu (pops) and half-Delta. I had a fling with one with big t.its in Uni. And some extremely beautiful chic that I chat to on and off now. Those are the only three Ijebu chics I consciously know, who aren't related to me, and aren't my family friends.

Ife is home. Whoever doesn't like Ife doesn't like his heritage and ancestry lol.

Ife is home to all of us, I really dig that.

I see your taste in music is synonymous to your taste in ladies - no actual restriction within a premise as long as it is good grin. For me, it is important that the lady is not from a certain region in Nigeria. Never dated outside my ethnic group.

Passing the Osun ones is not a problem ny duke but would you be able to deal with their culture mind state? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.