Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (665856 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 1:05am On Oct 27, 2015
ADEBAYO OGUNLESI:Meet the Nigerian who led Gatwick Airport Acquisition!

A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi, has acquired the London Gatwick Airport as the new owner. The Gatwick deal is a £1.455 billion agreement with BAA Airports Limited. Adebayo Ogunlesi, 56, is the chairman and managing partner, Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), an independent investment fund based in New York City with worldwide stake in infrastructure assets,is the new owner of the London Gatwick Airport. cheesy

The Nigerian who led Gatwick Airport Acquisition attended prestigious King’s College, Lagos. He is a member of the District of Columbia Bar Association. He was a lecturer at Harvard Law School and the Yale School. Ogunlesi, whose father was the first Nigerian-born medical professor, studied philosophy, politics and economics at Oxford and then earned law and business degrees from Harvard.

Ogunlesi has lived in New York for 20 years and is active in volunteer work. But he also cultivates his ties to Africa. He informally advises the Nigerian government on privatisation. The late Manute Bol, former NBA center, visited Ogunlesi in his Park Avenue office, seeking donations for a charitable foundation in former basketball star Manute Bol’s homeland, Sudan. Ogunlesi walked the late Bol around the hallways, introducing him to junior staff. It was just another day in the Bayosphere.

Prior to his current role, he was executive vice chairman and chief client officer of Credit Suisse, based in New York. He previously served as a member of Credit Suisse’s Executive Board and Management Council and chaired the Chairman’s Board. Previously, he was the Global Head of Investment Banking at Credit Suisse. Since joining Credit Suisse in 1983, Ogunlesi has advised clients on strategic transactions and financings in a broad range of industries and has worked on transactions in North and South America, the Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. undecided

In the US, he is known as the Nigerian who clerked for late Supreme Court justice, Thurgood Marshall, who they say was unable to pronounce his name and quickly dubbed him Obeedoogee. Colleagues and friends call him Bayo. wink
http://africancelebs.com/adebayo-ogunlesi-owner-gatwick-airport/

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 27, 2015
laudate this your Adebayo ogunlesi picture is laaaarge ooo.We don't even have space on the page grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 1:18am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
laudate this your Adebayo ogunlesi picture is laaaarge ooo.We don't even have space on the page grin grin cheesy cheesy

Hehehe....all the photos of him I saw on the internet are small! cheesy I would appreciate it, if you could show me where I can get a bigger one! grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:19am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

lmaooooo werè
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 27, 2015
This is a bigger one

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:21am On Oct 27, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:22am On Oct 27, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 1:23am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
This is a bigger one

Yeah! Thanks a lot! cool cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 1:24am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

See enzhoiment! tongue

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 27, 2015
Ilekehd what's the difference between you and the character who was trying to derail the thread yesterday.

What's all these for God sake?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:25am On Oct 27, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:26am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Ilekehd what's the difference between you and the character who was trying to derail the thread yesterday.

Jor, just say you don't want...... I will eat it all cool
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:26am On Oct 27, 2015
modath:

See enzhoiment! tongue

Ore mi, e wa bami jeun

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:27am On Oct 27, 2015
ProfShymex:

I hope he isn't the same one that went to visit an inconsequential emir up North?

Yorubas don't need charlatans as Kings, especially a throne like Ife's throne.

No, they're different persons.

Here's a link to a news on the tourist: https://www.nairaland.com/2537162/adedamola-aderemi-late-ooni-ifes

I hope the Giesi man takes us back to tradition without forgetting the necessary developments Ife lacks.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:29am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

Fork and Knife to eat a good looking pounded yam and a sexy plate of egusi?

Ate'le owo mi o kin tan mi je, ma fi se nkan rere sugbon ma tun fi je okele bi iru eeyi sikun mi.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:33am On Oct 27, 2015
9jacrip:

Fork and Knife to eat a good looking pounded yam and a sexy plate of egusi?

Ate'le owo mi o kin tan mi je, ma fi se nkan rere sugbon ma tun fi je okele bi iru eeyi sikun mi.

Ko n seounje mi ni yen. Ori google ni mo ti ri.

Owo ni mo fi n je iyan mi abeg. grin

Aareonakakanfo:

Se ibinu e ti lole? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 27, 2015
Lol while i was thinking you guys will ignore ilekeh's foodie comment, 9jacrip tu gbe ti tie de.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:36am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

Mii binu tele ooo. mo ko fe gba yin ni imoran wipe ke gbe oro onje yi lo si abala onje nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:44am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Mii binu tele ooo. mo ko fe gba yin ni imoran wipe ke gbe oro onje yi lo si abala onje nairaland.

Hmmmm se ki n se ounje ti awon Yoruba ma n je niyen?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 1:45am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

Aareonakakanfo:

Uh?? You lost me. shocked Translate, please! Abeg... cry
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:46am On Oct 27, 2015
laudate:

Uh?? You lost me. shocked

It's nothing important. Grandpa here was lecturing me.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 1:51am On Oct 27, 2015
ADEBAYO OGUNLESI cont'd:

Country of Origin: Ogun State, Nigeria

Entrepreneurship: Founder, Global Infrastructure Partners and Owner of Gatwick Airport

Adebayo Ogunlesi 56, is the chairman and managing partner, Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), an independent investment fund based in New York City with worldwide stake in infrastructure assets,is the new owner of the London Gatwick Airport.

Adebayo Ogunlesi is currently Chairman and Managing Partner of Global Infrastructure Partners, a $15 billion joint venture whose initial investors included Credit Suisse and General Electric. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of Goldman Sachs. Prior to his current role, he was Executive Vice Chairman and Chief Client Officer of Credit Suisse, based in New York. He previously served as a member of Credit Suisse’s Executive Board and Management Council and chaired the Chairman’s Board.

Additional Services to the UK:

Adebayo often gives lectures at London Universities, Oxford and Cambridge students at Invest in Africa summits. He also has a 75% stake in London City Airport, and Biffa Limited, a UK based waste management company.
https://www.migreat.co.uk/en/africans/london/news/uk-migrant-entrepreneur-adebayo-ogunlesi-n6232

Picture: Adebayo Ogunlesi and his wife, Adenike

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:52am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

It's nothing important. Grandpa here was lecturing me.

Who is grandpa?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:53am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Lol while i was thinking you guys will ignore ilekeh's foodie comment, 9jacrip tu gbe ti tie de.

LOL! Bro, e ma binu simi jare, it is just hard to ignore that sexy food.
I can't wait for the next festival to eat the egusi cooked with ori, omi igbin, no salt and some soft iyan.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

Oh o da.
E mo pe eyin alako'we yi, e si'un ti e le dan wo.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:54am On Oct 27, 2015
9jacrip:

LOL! Bro, e ma binu simi jare, it is just hard to ignore that sexy food.
I can't wait for the next festival to eat the egusi cooked with ori, omi igbin, no salt and some soft iyan.

Mo ro pe ebi lo n pa grin tongue

Oya back to the topic with ya...
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:56am On Oct 27, 2015
9jacrip:

Oh o da.
E mo pe eyin alako'we yi, e si'un ti e le dan wo.

Won le yo omo Yoruba kuro nile Yoruba, sugbon won o le yo Yoruba ninu eleda won.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:57am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Who is grandpa?

profshymex
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 2:03am On Oct 27, 2015
laudate:

Picture: Adebayo Ogunlesi and his wife, Adenike

rich men beautiful wife.....what does SHE do?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 2:06am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

rich men beautiful wife.....what does SHE do?

Hehehe...no frigging idea! cheesy
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:07am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

Mo ro pe ebi lo n pa grin tongue

Oya back to the topic with ya...

LOL.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:08am On Oct 27, 2015
Contary to what a lot of people think, Ogunlesi is not the owner of Gatwick airport, he's just the Chairman of one of the companies that own it.The company he heads owns the majority though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.