Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (666985 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Alfaab: 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
Shymm3x:
Debo Adegbile

Debo Patrick Adegbile (born December 1966) is an American lawyer in private practice who was nominated to serve as the United States Assistant Attorney General for the United States Department of Justice Civil Division. The Senate rejected his nomination because he had filed a brief arguing that there was racial discrimination in jury selection for the trial of Mumia Abu-Jamal, a convicted and allegedly-confessed murderer of a law enforcement officer.

Adegbile also worked for the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and as a senior counsel on the staff of the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary.

Born Adebowale Patrick Akande Adegbile in New York City, Adegbile is the son of a Nigerian father and an Irish immigrant mother. He was raised by his single mother. He also was a child actor on the children's TV show Sesame Street during the 1970s, playing the character Debo and performing in episodes for nine years.

Adegbile studied at Lehman College in 1986 and 1987 and earned a bachelor's degree in 1991 from Connecticut College. He then earned a law degree from New York University School of Law in 1994.

During law school, Adegbile served as a legal assistant in the summer of 1991 for the New York law firm Solin & Breindel and then was a summer associate during the summer of 1992 for Morrison & Foerster. In the summer of 1993, Adegbile served as a summer associate for Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison. He then joined the firm full-time as an associate in the firm's litigation department in 1994, holding that position until 2001.

In 2001, Adegbile joined the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, where he served as assistant counsel from 2001 until 2004, associate director of litigation from 2004 until 2007, director of litigation from 2007 until 2010, associate director-counsel/director of litigation from 2010 until 2014, acting president and director counsel from 2012 until 2013, and special counsel in 2013. Adegbile argued his first case before the United States Supreme Court in 2008, making a defense of the Voting Rights Act.

In October 2011, blogger Ed Whelan reported that the White House was considering nominating Adegbile to one of three vacancies at the time on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. Shortly thereafter, The Washington Post reported that President Obama had asked the American Bar Association to evaluate Adegbile's credentials, but the White House did not submit his name.

In 2013, Adegbile joined the staff of the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary as a senior counsel with a focus on legislative matters.

On November 18, 2013, President Obama nominated Adegbile to serve as Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division, to succeed Thomas Perez, who had left the position to serve as United States Secretary of Labor.

U.S Senators from both parties objected to Adegbile's signing of an appeal for Black Panther member Mumia Abu-Jamal who was convicted in 1982 for the first-degree murder of Daniel Faulkner, a Philadelphia police officer, on December 9, 1981. Mumia Abu-Jamal was sentenced to death, although the death sentence later was vacated because of problems with jury instructions. Adegbile and other lawyers filed an unsuccessful amicus curiae brief with the United States Supreme Court in 2009, arguing that the conviction was invalid because of racial discrimination in jury selection.

In January 2014, Adegbile's nomination was returned to Obama, who renominated Adegbile within days.

On February 6, 2014, the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary reported Adegbile's nomination to the full Senate in a 10–8, party-line vote. On February 27, 2014, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid filed for cloture on Adegbile's nomination, in an effort to cut off a filibuster by Republican senators.

On March 5, 2014, the U.S. Senate failed to advance Adegbile's nomination in a 47–52 vote blocking his confirmation. Senate Republicans unanimously voted against him, particularly because of his appeal for Abu-Jamal, along with seven Democratic Senators.
On September 15, 2014, Adegbile announced his withdrawal as a nominee to be assistant attorney general, and that he would be going into private practice, joining the law firm of Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr.
Politics is a blind entity.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Alfaab: 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
lol

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by angiography(m): 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Shymm3x and Ilekeh I've changed the title.I have a lot of Ibadan pictures too but i don't want to decieve people into thinking Ibadan is Nigeria's Dubai or something.All these pictures are not a true reflection of what exactly these places look like generally
I love your sincerity sir...now I know this thread is not about window shopping- you're really committed to the development of youruba land. Count me in!... M all for the development of my mother land. #true federalism is the key.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Musiwa419: 4:44pm On Oct 27, 2015
KUNLE SONAME

Kunle Soname is the owner of Bet9ja, president of Nigeria National League and Remo Stars Football Club. Few weeks ago he bought the Portugese club, Clube Desportivo Feirenese. He is the first and only Nigeria to own an European Football club.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
There's this trait i noticed with the Yoruba ladies in Kogi state (Kaba precisely), most of them are learned & very successful (not billionaires o). maybe its my locality here, but they commands high posts & positions here in Abj. but one thing I detest in them is Pride! Damn. they are too proud. grin don't know anything about there men sha.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
Musiwa419:
KUNLE SONAME

Kunle Soname is the owner of Bet9ja, president of Nigeria National League and Remo Stars Football Club. Few weeks ago he bought the Portugese club, Clube Desportivo Feirenese. He is the first and only Nigeria to own an European Football club.

Holy cow! Can you please give us a much more comprehensive profile of this Great man?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
Musiwa419:
KUNLE SONAME

Is the money from bettings? shocked
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
angiography:

I love your sincerity sir...now I know this thread is not about window shopping- you're really committed to the development of youruba land. Count me in!... M all for the development of my mother land. #true federalism is the key.

Thanks man.All those who've commented here besides the romanis will be mentioned by me if there's anything very important to discuss.I'll also do that when we're about to speak Yoruba language for one hour tongue

Alfaab please delete your second comment.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
Shymm3x:
Got about 60 more names to post.

I think I need to take a break for now.

Cheers. grin

grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
WIZGUY69:

Is the money from bettings? shocked

My brother, if he can own an european club, there's money enough to buy ebonyi grin

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
Shymm3x:
Got about 60 more names to post.

I think I need to take a break for now.

Cheers. grin

You need the break Okanlomo 1.

Still, I follow.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
That 1 yoruba hr is going to exclude shymmex...... he's as oyinbo as the queen of england lol

So.....

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2015
More on Oyo state

-Oyo state is hugely blessed with gemstones. It has the most gemstones after nassarawa and plateau states .sapphires in itesiwaju,iwajowa,ibarapa,atisbo,oluyole. aquamarines in oluyole, saki west, ona ara, spessarites and paraiba tourmalines in atisbo,egbeda, ibarapa.oluyole,saki and several locations of the state,all of these in huge quantities. These are some of the most valuable gemstones one can think of but unfortunately being mined by foreigners

-Oyo state is the largest producer of Tobacco in Nigeria

-Its also the home of the Yoruba textile industry(aso oke fabrics). An extremely lucrative industry

-Ibadan is the largest city in sub-saharan Africa and its also the political capital of yoruba land. It also boasts of a huge population

-Oyo state is unarguably the agricultural centre of the yoruba region as it produces the most crops of all the yoruba states

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
Alex Lanipekun my man. He plays role of an assassin in 24 season 9.

I'm working on some dudes which I'll post soon.

I pray Seun's server doesn't crash again oooooo. I wouldn't like to hear story for the gods again. The Ibadan thread got to 120pages in just four months and we lost everything to the crashed server.

May it never occur again.

This thread is THE BEST.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Musiwa419: 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Holy cow! Can you please give us a much more comprehensive profile of this Great man?
Thats the little i know about him for now. A thread about his acquisition of the Portugese club, Clube Desportivo Feirnese, was on the front page few days ago. He is from Ogun state

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

My brother, if he can own an european club, there's money enough to buy ebonyi grin

Aunty! no let them romanis hear you o grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by scholes0(m): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
1 hour seems too small.
Make it 2
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
Lol I can tell some people are playing catch up with this thread because I'm getting mentions from page 37

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
scholes0:
1 hour seems too small.
Make it 2

2 ke! some people might struggle for 30 minutes sef.Don't you think we should make it easier?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by YourNemesis: 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
My people My People ...
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by scholes0(m): 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

2 ke! some people might struggle for 30 minutes sef.Don't you think we should make it easier?

Ahh... E ma binu o.
I dey think say we get plenty Yoruba language gurus for here.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Musiwa419: 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nigeria is stifling our growth, development and advancement. We are too blessed to be lumped together with the malu's up north and the Igbo's in the far east. How can we get out of this cesspit of a country ?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
WIZGUY69:
There's this trait i noticed with the Yoruba ladies in Kogi state (Kaba precisely), most of them are learned & very successful (not billionaires o). maybe its my locality here, but they commands high posts & positions here in Abj. but one thing I detest in them is Pride! Damn. they are too proud. grin don't know anything about there men sha.

Well, the ones I have met are not proud but stubborn. My Elder bro marry an Okun woman from Ekinrinade, she's not proud but stubborn. She used to give me elder bro headache once in a while.

Okun people are educated and cultured Yoruba people.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by forgiveness: 5:11pm On Oct 27, 2015
I started following this thread from page one till page 17 but by the time i opened the thread again, it was in page 27. And i could no longer catch up. However, i have my reservations concerning some issues that will bring about developments to the West. Hence, i see no need to comment or contribute on this thread. I still dey observe.

But i can't just overlook the Ilorin discussion. Let me state it clearly. No inch of Yoruba land including Jebba and ilorin will be left out of Yoruba land i.e if Nigeria secede. I will give reasons tomorrow. I rest my case.

scholes0:

Can you save a people who do not want to be saved?

How do you know they do not want to be saved? are you referring to that time they connived with the Fulani's to destroy Oyo ile?

Who are those people and where did they come from?

Let it be know that Afonja was a first class citizen of Oyo Empire. He was the Are -Ona Kankanfo the supreme military commander of Oyo Empire. He was required to live in a frontier province of great importance to keep an eye on the enemy and to keep him from usurping the government. thus he was stationed in Ilorin to check the Nupes and this might also have something to do with the fact that most of the empire's soldiers and cavalry were stationed at Ilorin. You and i know that Oyo ile was sack and occupied by the Nupes for 80 years before it was reclaimed by Oba Ofinran, Alaafin of Oyo. Therefore, to defend herself against any future invasion by the Nupe's, it was necessary to create wealth through trade in other to establish a Calvary and maintain a trained army to withstand the common enemy. It was economically advisable to breed horses rather than buying from their perceived enemies hence Ilorin was chosen as the best place because of no tse tse flies. Then, the power of Oyo began to grow by the second half of the century, when the Alafin Orompoto began using the wealth derived from trade to establish a cavalry force and to maintain a trained army. But unfortunately, Oba Abiodun abandoned the policy of establishing a strong army for a wealthy but weak Empire. 'The increase of Oyo's wealth brought conflict among the political leaders; some desired to use the wealth for territorial expansion while others believed it is best to use the wealth to grow the wealth even more. A bitter civil war took place during the reign of alafin Abiodun, who after defeating his opponents pursued a policy of economic development based primarily on the coastal trade with European merchants. His sole focus on the economy weakened the neglected military, causing, in effect a weakening of the central government.' The Egba quarters was the first to leave Oyo for their present day site due to the disagreement on kabiyesi's policy.

The bottom line is, Ilorin belongs to Oyo and it is part of Yoruba land.

And if Yoruba secedes from Nigeria, we will not abduct Oba Abiodun weak policy that destroyed the largest empire in West Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Alfaab: 5:11pm On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Thanks man.All those who've commented here besides the romanis will be mentioned by me if there's anything very important to discuss.I'll also do that when we're about to speak Yoruba language for one hour tongue

Alfaab please delete your second comment.
Why?If politics is not a blind entity that Yorubaman would have gotten that post and that smelling pig kwankwanso would have been seriously lynched.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 27, 2015
Alfaab:
Why?If politics is not a blind entity that Yorubaman would have gotten that post and that smelling pig kwankwanso would have been seriously lynched.

I said you should delete it because you made the comment twice
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
[size=14pt]Nigerian-Born Oluwole Betiku Is College Football's Most Unlikely 5-Star[/size]

Imagine a world where you are a 5-star recruit, yet the people closest to you have no idea what that means.

In the span of one year, Oluwole Betiku went from learning the game of football to being recognized as one of the elite talents in the 2016 cycle.

It’s been close to two years since Betiku departed his hometown of Lagos, Nigeria, for the United States with one mission entrenched in his mind.

He hasn’t seen his family since he left, but bettering their living condition is serving to motivate his journey from football obscurity to the brink of stardom.

“I came into the game of football just to make a way for my family,” Betiku told Bleacher Report. “Make a way in my life and just to find a good situation. My mom and dad are still in Nigeria. My sister is over there and my brother. I want to be the breadwinner of the family one day. I feel like sports was going to be the way.”

He leaves behind a harsh reality that his family still faces back home—one filled with a lack of hope and military checkpoints in the northern part of his home country because of Boko Haram threats.

“Being in L.A. now, people talk about stuff happening, but it’s nothing compared to what it’s like in Nigeria, where you walk to the bus stop and there’s a soldier with a tank driving around,” Betikue explained. “Seeing things like that and being here now, it just makes me want to work hard for my family to get them out of there. You never know what can happen. They could be walking around and they could get struck at anytime.”

[size=14pt]
Despite his relative inexperience in playing the game, Betiku—who is the nation’s top-rated weak-side defensive end and the No. 11 player overall in the 2016 class—has racked up more than 20 offers from powerhouses such as Alabama, Florida State, LSU, Oregon, Penn State and USC.
[/size]
He committed to UCLA in August and will begin life in college next January as an early enrollee.

[img]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/40C0361DB21258216503967920128_47818cc10a8.0.2.16473534707431343230.mp4?versionId=OEb4P_zQKl3KfCqOXH4WdMd.XMK5e_Nx[/img]

But it was around 14 months ago when his dreams took flight.

As a teenager back home, Betiku knew he was skilled enough to be an athlete. His initial dreams were to make it out of his home country through basketball, like African-born stars Dikembe Mutombo and Hakeem Olajuwon.

But he quickly realized he wasn’t going to grow up and become 7 feet tall. Instead, he turned to the gridiron—despite no real experience, connection or even appreciation for the game.

In fact, Betiku said the game bored him when he watched the Super Bowl for the first time some two years ago. So much so that he fell asleep.

“I never used to watch [football],” Betiku said. “When we did, I was like, ‘What the hell are they doing and why are they wearing pads and helmets?’”

According to ESPN.com's Erik McKinney, one football camp in Nigeria became the catalyst that paved the way for him to come to the U.S.

“I just went out there, worked hard and tried to show enough that I’d be one of the lucky ones to be chosen,” he said of that camp experience.

After moving from Maryland to Los Angeles with then-guardian and former NFL player LaVar Arrington, Betiku settled at metro L.A.-area powerhouse Junipero Serra High School.

Cavaliers head coach Scott Altenberg lined Betiku up at defensive end last season. The 6’4”, 240-pounder responded with a monster year in racking up 59 tackles—including 24 for loss with 11.5 sacks and a forced fumble.

It was quite a season for a player who had no clue what to do with the helmet and pads he was issued in the days leading up to fall camp.

“His first comment was to say, ‘Ah, I don’t think I’m going to go with the shoulder pads because they constrict me a little too much,’” Altenberg recalls while chuckling.

TO CONTINUE READING

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Funjosh(m): 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
Eku Irole o
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2015
Let me dish out some Yoruba knowledge for the strugglers

Head-Ori

Hair- Irun

Eyes-Oju

Mouth-Enu

Stomach-Ikun

Chest-igba aya

Nose-Imu

Ears-Eti

Fingers- Omo ika owo

Shoulder-ejika

Arm-apa

Knee-Orunkun

Toes-Omo ika ese

Hand-owo

Leg-Ese

Foot-Atelese

Cheek-Eke

Adam's apple- Gogongo

Bosom- Omu or Oyan

Navel- idodo

Abdomen-Ikun or Inu

Groin-kese

Thigh- itan

Ankle-orun ese

Forehead- Opon ori

Chin- ijagbon or agbon

Elbow- igunpa

Forearm-atelewo

Wrist- orun owo
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2015
Musiwa419:
Nigeria is stifling our growth, development and advancement. We are to blessed too be lumped together with the malu's up north and the Igbo's in the far east. How can we get out of this cesspit of a country ?

For now, we play along strategically.

Akeregbe Lo Ma So Ibi Ti Won Ti Ma Fi Okun Si Oun.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Musiwa419: 5:24pm On Oct 27, 2015
forgiveness:
I started following this thread from page one till page 17 but by the time i opened the thread again, it was in page 27. And i could no longer catch up. However, i have my reservations concerning some issues that will bring about developments to the West. Hence, i see no need to comment or contribute on this thread. I still dey observe.

But i can't just overlook the Ilorin discussion. Let me state it clearly. One inch of Yoruba land including Jebba and ilorin will not be left out of Yoruba land i.e if Nigeria secede. I will give reasons tomorrow. I rest my case.

I couldnt make it to the IYF Camp in August. Where you there ? How was it ?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by totit: 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2015
[b]1. Obafemi Awolowo - ONE OF THE FOUNDING FOUNDERS OF NIGERIA

2. Alexander Akintola Sapara - THE FIRST NIGERIAN LAWYER

3. Folake Solanke - THE FIRST FEMALE SENIOR ADVOCATE OF NIGERIA(SAN)

4. Frederick Rotimi Williams - THE FIRST LAWYER TO BE A SENIOR ADVOCATE OF NIGERIA(SAN)

5. Hon. Justice Olumuyiwa Jibowu - THE FIRST NIGERIAN JUDGE TO SIT ON THE SUPREME COURT BENCH

6. Sir Adetokunbo Ademola - THE FIRST INDIGENOUS CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA

7. Olusegun Obasanjo - THE FIRST NIGERIAN TO BE BOTH MILITARY AND CIVILIAN HEAD OF STATE

8. Ernest Shonekan - THE SHORTEST PRESIDENT BY NUMBER OF DAYS

9. Oladipo Diya - THE FORMER VICE MILITARY PRESIDENT TO SANNI ABACHA

10. Moshood Abiola - BUSINESS MOGUL, POLITICIAN, ONCE THE MOST RICHEST IN AFRICA

11. Mike Adenuga - CEO OF GLOBACOM, BUSINESS MOGUL, THE SECOND RICHEST NIGERIAN

12. Femi Otedola - BILLIONAIRE, BUSINESS TYCOON

13. Adebutu Kessington - THE INVENTOR OF LEGAL GAMBLING IN NIGERIA(BABA IJEBU)

14. Adeola Odutola - THE FIRST INTREPRENEUR, FIRST TO OWN A PRIVATE SECONDARY SCHOOL, FIRST PRESIDENT OF MANUFACTURER ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA

15. Tai Solarin - ACTIVIST, FOUNDER OF MAYFLOWER SCHOOLS

16. Oba Otudeko - BUSINESS TYCOON

17. Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti - THE FIRST WOMAN TO DRIVE A CAR, LED THE ABA WOMEN RIOT, ACTIVIST OF THE FIRST ORDER

18. Wole Soyinka - NOBEL PRIZE IN LITERATURE

19. Femi Osofisan - A NIGERIAN WRITER OF THE FIRST ORDER

20. Ola Rotimi - LEADING PLAYWRIGHTS AND THEATRE ACTOR

21. Olu Jacob - NIGERIAN ACTOR

22. Subomi Balogun - THE OWNER OF FCMB

23. Pter Akinola - FORMER PRIMATE OF CHURCH OF NIGERIA, ANGLICAN CHURCH

24. Ola Makinde - PRELATE OF THE METHODIST CHURCH

25. Ebenezer Obey - JUJU PIONEER AND MUSICIAN

26. Shina Peters - JUJU MUSICIAN

27. Fela Anikulapo Kuti - AFROBEAT PIONEER

28. Adewale Ayuba - THE ONLY WELL-READ FUJI MUSICIAN

29. Dapo Daniel Oyebanji(D'banj) - HIP HOP ARTIST

30. Hubbert Ogunde - STAGE THEATRE PIONEER(THE FATHER OF NIGERIAN NOLLYWOOD)

31. Sikiru Ayinde Marshall(K1) - FUJI MUSICIAN
32. Kuforiji Olubi - FIRST FEMALE ICAN PRESIDENT
33. Chief J.F. Odunjo - FOREMOST AUTHOR
34. Thomas Adeoye Lambo - Psychiatrist
35. Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona(THE AWUJALE OF IJEBULAND) - THE LONGEST REIGNING OBA IN NIGERIA(APRIL 2,1960 TILL DATE)
36. Madam Efuroye Tinubu - THE FIRST WOMAN TO BUY A CAR IN NIGERIA
37. Dr. Elizabeth Awoniyi Aimbola - THE FIRST FEMALE DOCTOR IN NIGERIA
38. Dimeji Bankole - THE YOUNGEST SPEAKER IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA

39. THE FIRST CHURCH IN NIGERIA - St. Peters Church Abeokuta

40. OGUN STATE HAS THE LARGEST CONCENTRATION OF UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA

41. OGUN STATE ALSO HOUSE ALMOST ALL THE RELIGIOUS CAMP SITE IN NIGERIA

42. THE FIRST NEWSPAPER WAS SITUATED AT ABEOKUTA, CALLED 'IWE IROYIN'

43. Olubi Sodipo - THE FIRST NIGERIAN PROFESSOR OF PHILOSOPHY

44. Tunde Kelani - THE BEST CINEMATOGRAPHER IN AFRICA

45. Ambassador Segun Olusola - THE VILLAGE HEADMASTER PIONEER

46. Professor Peter Okebukola - FORMER CHAIRMAN OF THE NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES COMMISSION

47. Professor Ogunlesi - FIRST PROFESSOR OF MEDICINE IN NIGERIA

48. Chief Olu Oyesanya - FOUNDER OF NIGERIAN UNION OF JOURNALIST

49. Professor Oluyemi Banjoko - Special Adviser to The American president and the British prime minister on African matters (Manchester, U.K)

50. Prof. Adebayo Adedeji, CFR, - Former Executive Secretary of Economic Community for Africa and Founding Executive Director ofAfrican Centre for Development and Strategic Studies (ACDESS)

51. OGUN STATE IS REPUTED TO HAVE PRODUCED THE HIGHEST NUMBERS OF SENIOR ADVOCATES OF NIGERIA AND MEDICAL DOCTORS.
THIS LIST IS ONLY LIMITED TO MY MEMORY. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE A TRUE SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF OGUN STATE, SHOWCASE THOSE PEOPLE HAVE HAVE CUT THEIR TEETH IN DIFFERENT FORMS OF LIFE.
NONETHELESS, OGUN STATE HAS PRODUCE AND STILL PRODUCING THE BEST HUMAN RESOURCES IN NIGERIA[/b]

Like serious!!!!..... Yoruba people rock!!! wink

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.