Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,146 members, 7,780,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:27 AM

The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) (57130 Views)

The Public Administrators Thread(Official) / Any Sociologist Here?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
cassyrooy:
Okay, i was admitted into The University of Ibadan to study Sociology, i've done my research but i look to start studying, then i'll trim my list of what to do, but i just need to know what Scholarships can a student studying Sociology can opt in for, and application details.

I don't really get you bro
scholarship, for what program?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
Babice:
am yet 2 do my clearance though a lot of people have done..............resumption date-nov 7....................wat abt u?are u 2ru with ur clearance,wen are u guys also resuming?

cool have not done my clearance also we resuming Early Dec

clearance schedule nov30

why haven't you done your clearance
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
cassyrooy:
Okay, i was admitted into The University of Ibadan to study Sociology, i've done my research but i look to start studying, then i'll trim my list of what to do, but i just need to know what Scholarships can a student studying Sociology can opt in for, and application details.

I don't really get you bro.
scholarship in what program??
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
Babice:
*running 4rm maths*i dont understand.....................wat work does ur brother do with his degree,pls give me an idea

he works @ Ikeja

alausa
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
Free101:
for non-lover of Maths like me..I think you guys should prepare for Statistics (unless if its different methods Universities uses...which I doubt) and its a prerequisite; which means if you dont pass you are adding one more yea in the uni.
from experience, you'll do a little bit of:
psychology
African Traditional Religion
Pol Sci
History
Statistics
Anthropology
Philosophy and some others
just for year one

your right bro

non lover of math also, I wonder y babice want math more
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
Babice:
Hehehe,am kind of anxious to start studying d course,seems like itz 2 my taste,just dat i wud av preferred it if dere had been more maths

math,yu mst b kidding me

eeehhh

one man's food is another man poison!!!!!

yah d course it awesum...am falling for it
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
Free101:

lol....seems you are a brain-box...just try and keep a clear mind bexause wherever Pol Science, Psychology and Economics are gathered, there must be Sociology in their midst. gbam Proud NSASites

naxo

#IRepNassLasu

1 Like

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 11:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sociology is the study of social life, social change, and the social causes and consequences of human behavior. Sociologists investigate the structure of groups, organizations, and societies, and how people interact within these contexts. Since all human behavior is social, the subject matter of sociology ranges from the intimate family to the hostile mob; from organized crime to religious cults; from the divisions of race, gender, and social class to the shared beliefs of a common culture; and from the sociology of work to the sociology of sports. In fact, few fields have such broad scope and relevance for research, theory, and application of knowledge. Sociology provides many distinctive perspectives on the world, generating new ideas and critiquing the old. The field also offers a range of research techniques that can be applied to virtually any aspect of social life: street crime and delinquency, corporate downsizing, how people express emotions, welfare or education reform, how families differ and flourish, or problems of peace and war. Because sociology addresses the most challenging issues of our time, it is a rapidly expanding field whose potential is increasingly tapped by those who craft policies and create programs. U can work as an advice worker,social researcher,social worker, youth worker,charity fundraiser, housing manager,human resource officer, probation officer,public relation officer Also as a criminal justice,law enforcer,parole system,human resource,human developer,leadership trainer,social service, child care,youth service, census bureau,social science analyst, policy analyst, homeland security, alumni relation, placement offices, educational researcher, child welfare, public relations trust me if you can or you ate studying this particular cours in Nigeria you have no problem in getting job even though it not highly valued in Nigeria. I rest Ma case

6 Likes

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 7:36am On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:

I don't really get you bro
scholarship, for what program?
Sociology, will be studying that in UI. Thanks
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 7:40am On Oct 26, 2015
Babice:
huh.....................any answers pls,anyone
Which school? You do need it too, i mean the scholarship right?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by drseunzy(m): 7:58am On Oct 26, 2015
cassyrooy:
Sociology, will be studying that in UI. Thanks
There are some scholarship for every course e.g PRESSID, I think MTN 2 nd d 1 for state govt.
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 8:02am On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:

your right bro
non lover of math also, I wonder y babice want math more
Maybe he should have gone for Economics......lol
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 8:07am On Oct 26, 2015
Babice:
lolz.....................wat do u mean by 'when pol science,psychology.................in their midst'?
Its means, Sociology plays a vital role in all these Social Sciences courses and regarded (especially by me) as Queen of all social sciences
It was also a slogan used to win an intra-debate in our faculty

2 Likes

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 8:13am On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:
Sociology is the study of social life, social
change, and the
social causes and consequences of human
behavior.
Sociologists investigate the structure of groups,
organizations, and societies, and how people
interact within
these contexts. Since all human behavior is
social, the
subject matter of sociology ranges from the
intimate family
to the hostile mob; from organized crime to
religious cults;
from the divisions of race, gender, and social
class to the
shared beliefs of a common culture; and from
the sociology
of work to the sociology of sports. In fact, few
fields have
such broad scope and relevance for research,
theory, and
application of knowledge.
Sociology provides many distinctive perspectives
on the
world, generating new ideas and critiquing the
old. The field
also offers a range of research techniques that
can be
applied to virtually any aspect of social life:
street crime and
delinquency, corporate downsizing, how people
express
emotions, welfare or education reform, how
families differ
and flourish, or problems of peace and war.
Because
sociology addresses the most challenging issues
of our
time, it is a rapidly expanding field whose
potential is
increasingly tapped by those who craft policies
and create
programs.
U can work as an advice worker,social
researcher,social worker, youth worker,charity
fundraiser, housing manager,human resource
officer, probation officer,public relation officer
Also as a criminal justice,law enforcer,parole
system,human resource,human
developer,leadership trainer,social service, child
care,youth service, census bureau,social science
analyst, policy analyst, homeland security, alumni
relation, placement offices, educational
researcher, child welfare, public relations
trust me if you can or you ate studying this
particular cours in Nigeria you have no problem in
getting job even though it not highly valued in
Nigeria.
I rest Ma case
This your write-up just reminded me of one of my assignmentsvin my first semester, it was a group assignment and I was the group leader and my group left me with the task of soing everything!
wrote almost what you wrote here and many more!
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2015
Free101:
Maybe he should have gone for Economics......lol
abi nah
I do pity some economics student
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 8:32am On Oct 26, 2015
drseunzy:

There are some scholarship for every course e.g PRESSID, I think MTN 2 nd d 1 for state govt.

hmmmmm that nice
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 8:33am On Oct 26, 2015
Free101:

This your write-up just reminded me of one of my assignmentsvin my first semester, it was a group assignment and I was the group leader and my group left me with the task of soing everything!
wrote almost what you wrote here and many more!

hmmmmm
so you have not resume #unijos
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 8:39am On Oct 26, 2015
I guess in U.I

it's sociology & anthropology

but in lasu and unilag sociology its a department on it own

I don't really know how both of them are interwoven

All Nass on NL should try let this thread be alive

The challenges about this course, cause sociology I feel it a non-professional course

Let Rub mind Together
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 8:54am On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:
I guess in U.I

it's sociology & anthropology

but in lasu and unilag sociology its a department on it own

I don't really know how both of them are interwoven

All Nass on NL should try let this thread be alive

The challenges about this course, cause sociology I feel it a non-professional course

Let Rub mind Together
Just Sociology, professional or not, it's something we use to effect on the world.
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 8:58am On Oct 26, 2015
drseunzy:

Okay i'm gonna look up for them. Thank you.
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 9:32am On Oct 26, 2015
cassyrooy:
Just Sociology, professional or not, it's something we use to effect on the world.

confirm

1 Like

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 9:33am On Oct 26, 2015
KillerBeauty
identify yourself

A #sociologist??
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 9:35am On Oct 26, 2015
cassyrooy

A new intake
U.I
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 9:52am On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:
cassyrooy

A new intake
U.I
Yes, what about you?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 9:53am On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:
cassyrooy

A new intake
U.I
Yes, what about you?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 9:57am On Oct 26, 2015
cassyrooy:
Yes, what about you?

yup

lasu

so what the reason behind you opt for sociology as a course to study in the university!!!!!

or you just want to do the course like that.. no particular reason

The reason why am asking this question is that have asked alot of people, there response is that they just wana study of he course, that they don't know anything about it And it a great shock to me, how can you wake up one morning and say you want to study a course and you don't know the essence of the course!!!!

#NigeriansForYou
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by hero10(m): 10:35am On Oct 26, 2015
I rep Sociology and Criminology department, Osun State University. 300l
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 11:35am On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:

yup

lasu

so what the reason behind you opt for sociology as a course to study in the university!!!!!

or you just want to do the course like that.. no particular reason

The reason why am asking this question is that have asked alot of people, there response is that they just wana study of he course, that they don't know anything about it And it a great shock to me, how can you wake up one morning and say you want to study a course and you don't know the essence of the course!!!!

#NigeriansForYou
Hahahahahahahahahaha, well i'm a dynamic person that fits into almost every social fields except maths related fields, ranging from ICT, business and managerial, planning and organisation, so i looked and Sociology is where i perfectly fit in hence my opting in for Sociology.
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 11:36am On Oct 26, 2015
hero10:
I rep Sociology and Criminology department, Osun State University. 300l

whoa

see baddest in d building

Thanks for showing your logo

#wagbaYiOpe

hmmmmm
sociology&criminology

bro giv us small o.t
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 11:41am On Oct 26, 2015
cassyrooy:
Hahahahahahahahahaha, well i'm a dynamic person that fits into almost every social fields except maths related fields, ranging from ICT, business and managerial, planning and organisation, so i looked and Sociology is where i perfectly fit in hence my opting in for Sociology.

nice one bro

I think we have some things in common

employment opportunities for a sociologist its really wide

#AmJustVersatile

am always surprise when they tell me that they just want to study the course, especially the ladies
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:

nice one bro

I think we have some things in common

employment opportunities for a sociologist its really wide

#AmJustVersatile

am always surprise when they tell me that they just want to study the course, especially the ladies

I just know about the Nigerian Trend where people want to enter socioty but with almost nothing to give, everyone wants a job but when given a job they seem lost and confuse.

Oboy my department is just flooded with ladies and mehn i'm in for a long sensual ride. grin
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 1:10pm On Oct 26, 2015
cassyrooy:

I just know about the Nigerian Trend where people want to enter socioty but with almost nothing to give, everyone wants a job but when given a job they seem lost and confuse.

Oboy my department is just flooded with ladies and mehn i'm in for a long sensual ride. grin

wink
cassyrooy:

have you done your clearance

when are you resuming!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Olumuyiwa Oludayo Sacked As Covenant University Registrar Over Sex Scandal / Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) / Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.