Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Words From An Old Man To His Son About Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Words From An Old Man To His Son About Marriage (718 Views)

Father From Anambra Disowns His Son On Newspaper (Photo) / The Wrong Perception Of African Women About Marriage. / Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words From An Old Man To His Son About Marriage by Richnero(m): 3:25am On Oct 23, 2015
1. My son, if u keep spending on a woman and she never asked you if you are saving or investing, don't marry her.
2. My son, a woman could be a good wife to you, some could be a good mother to your children but if you've found a woman like a mother to you, your children and your family, please don't let her go.
3. My son, don't confine the position of your wife to the kitchen, where did you get that from? Even in our days, we had farmlands where they worked every morning, that was our office.
4. My son, if i tell u that you are the head of the family, don't look at your pocket, look if you will see a smile on your wife's face.
5. My son, if you want to live a long life, let your wife be in charge of your salary, it will be difficult for her to spend it when she's aware of the family needs and bills to pay, but if it is in your care, she will keep asking even when all has been spent.
6. My son, don't ever beat your woman, the pain on her body is nothing to be compared to the wound in her heart and that means you may be in trouble living with a wounded woman.
7. My son, now that you are married, if you live a bachelor kind of life with your wife, you will soon be single again.
8. My son, in our days, we had many wive's because of our large farm-lands and many harvests, there are hardly any land for farming anymore, so embrace your woman closely.
9. My son, under the cocoa tree that i did meet your mother could be your restaurants and eateries of nowadays, but remember, the closest thing we did there was to embrace each other.
10. My son, don't be carried away when you start making more money, instead of spending it on those tiny legs that never knew how hard you worked to make it, spend it on that woman who stood by you all along.
11. My son, when i threw little stones at the window of your mother's father's house to call her out, it was not for s*x, it was because i missed her so much.
12. My son, remember when you said your wife has changed, there could be something you've stopped doing also.
13. My son, your mother rode the bicycle with me before i bought that tortoise car outside there, any woman that would not endure with you in your little beginning should not enjoy your riches.
14. My son, don't compare your wife to any woman, there are ways she is enduring you too and has never compared you to any man.
15. My son, there is this thing you people call feminism, well, if a woman claim to have equal right with you in the house, divide all the bills into two equal parts, take one part and ask her to start paying the other.
16. My son, i met your mother a virgin and i took more yams to her father, if you don't meet your wife a virgin, don't blame her, what i didn't tell you is that our women had prestige.
17. My son, i didn't send your sisters to school because i was foolish as many to think that a female child won't extend my family name, please don't make that mistake, the kind of female achievers i see now, has made the male gender an ordinary tag.
18. My son, your mother has once locked up the cloth i was wearing and almost tore it because she was angry, i did not raise my hand to beat her because of a day like this, so i can be proud to tell you that i never for once beat your mother.
19. My son, in our days, our women had more of natural beauty though i woudn't lie to you, some had minor paintings of thier appellation mostly on their arms, the one you people now call tatto but don't forget that they didn't expose any parts of their body like your women of nowadays.
20. My son, your mother and i are not interested in what happens in your marriage, try handling issues without always coming to us.
21. My son, remember i bought your mother's first sewing machine, help your wife achieve her dreams while you are also pursuing your's.
22. My son, don't stop taking care of me and your mother, it's a secret of growing old and having children to take care of you.
23. My son, pray with your family always, there is a tomorrow you don't know, talk to God that knows everything, everyday.

1 Like

Re: Words From An Old Man To His Son About Marriage by virginboy1(m): 6:30am On Oct 23, 2015
I am GAMOPHOBIC. GOD help me
Re: Words From An Old Man To His Son About Marriage by NigAmbassador: 6:32am On Oct 23, 2015
Richnero:
1. My son, if u keep spending on a woman and she never asked you if you are saving or investing, don't marry her.
2. My son, a woman could be a good wife to you, some could be a good mother to your children but if you've found a woman like a mother to you, your children and your family, please don't let her go.
3. My son, don't confine the position of your wife to the kitchen, where did you get that from? Even in our days, we had farmlands where they worked every morning, that was our office.
4. My son, if i tell u that you are the head of the family, don't look at your pocket, look if you will see a smile on your wife's face.
5. My son, if you want to live a long life, let your wife be in charge of your salary, it will be difficult for her to spend it when she's aware of the family needs and bills to pay, but if it is in your care, she will keep asking even when all has been spent.
6. My son, don't ever beat your woman, the pain on her body is nothing to be compared to the wound in her heart and that means you may be in trouble living with a wounded woman.
7. My son, now that you are married, if you live a bachelor kind of life with your wife, you will soon be single again.
8. My son, in our days, we had many wive's because of our large farm-lands and many harvests, there are hardly any land for farming anymore, so embrace your woman closely.
9. My son, under the cocoa tree that i did meet your mother could be your restaurants and eateries of nowadays, but remember, the closest thing we did there was to embrace each other.
10. My son, don't be carried away when you start making more money, instead of spending it on those tiny legs that never knew how hard you worked to make it, spend it on that woman who stood by you all along.
11. My son, when i threw little stones at the window of your mother's father's house to call her out, it was not for s*x, it was because i missed her so much.
12. My son, remember when you said your wife has changed, there could be something you've stopped doing also.
13. My son, your mother rode the bicycle with me before i bought that tortoise car outside there, any woman that would not endure with you in your little beginning should not enjoy your riches.
14. My son, don't compare your wife to any woman, there are ways she is enduring you too and has never compared you to any man.
15. My son, there is this thing you people call feminism, well, if a woman claim to have equal right with you in the house, divide all the bills into two equal parts, take one part and ask her to start paying the other.
16. My son, i met your mother a virgin and i took more yams to her father, if you don't meet your wife a virgin, don't blame her, what i didn't tell you is that our women had prestige.
17. My son, i didn't send your sisters to school because i was foolish as many to think that a female child won't extend my family name, please don't make that mistake, the kind of female achievers i see now, has made the male gender an ordinary tag.
18. My son, your mother has once locked up the cloth i was wearing and almost tore it because she was angry, i did not raise my hand to beat her because of a day like this, so i can be proud to tell you that i never for once beat your mother.
19. My son, in our days, our women had more of natural beauty though i woudn't lie to you, some had minor paintings of thier appellation mostly on their arms, the one you people now call tatto but don't forget that they didn't expose any parts of their body like your women of nowadays.
20. My son, your mother and i are not interested in what happens in your marriage, try handling issues without always coming to us.
21. My son, remember i bought your mother's first sewing machine, help your wife achieve her dreams while you are also pursuing your's.
22. My son, don't stop taking care of me and your mother, it's a secret of growing old and having children to take care of you.
23. My son, pray with your family always, there is a tomorrow you don't know, talk to God that knows everything, everyday.

Thanks alot
Re: Words From An Old Man To His Son About Marriage by silverr(f): 9:00am On Oct 23, 2015
nice

(1) (Reply)

12 Ways On How To Relate With Your In-laws / The Parental Roles / Guide To Parents And Prospective Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.