Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:17 PM

Tennis Fans! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis Fans! (1443 Views)

London Olympics Tennis Final : Serena Willams Vs Sharapova / Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals 2011 / Tennis: Roland Garros 2011 (where Are All These Yeye Tennis Fans Self) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tennis Fans! by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 03, 2009
Virtually nothing on tennis on this forum? what a shame.

The indomitable Rafa has done it again . . . beating Novak Djokovic 7-6(2), 6-2 to win the Rome masters. Below is a 9 min highlight reel of the match. Phenomenal shot-making from arguably the two best players on clay this yr.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AsF8PZg4Wo&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

With this win, Rafa has made it 3 out of 3 on clay this season with only Madrid masters and RG to go. Unless he gets injured or is exhausted, i fully expect him to make it a clean sweep this yr.

Rafa now has the second highest number of masters titles (15), followed by 14 for Federer . . . Agassi's 17 titles are now fully under threat should Rafa win in Madrid next week.
Re: Tennis Fans! by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 03, 2009
Every dog has its day.
Roger is still KING. cheesy
Re: Tennis Fans! by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 03, 2009
BlueDiva:

Every dog has its day.
Roger is still KING. cheesy

Denial is your roommate. grin
Re: Tennis Fans! by JeSoul(f): 5:09pm On May 04, 2009
I love tennis but its too hard to follow sometimes undecided. I'm all eyes when it comes to the Majors but not the lil tourneys. Besides I think tennis needs a captivating story or stories to draw more attention, the Federer Nadal thing to me is getting boring.
Re: Tennis Fans! by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 04, 2009
JeSoul:

I love tennis but its too hard to follow sometimes undecided. I'm all eyes when it comes to the Majors but not the lil tourneys. Besides I think tennis needs a captivating story or stories to draw more attention, the Federer Nadal thing to me is getting boring.

I think the problem is you dont really like it as much.
Tennis has tons of captivating stories that draw attention, millions of us are daily glued to the ATP site . . . there's always changes in the rankings every monday, news of exciting new talents mixing it up with the big boys, off-the-court fun . . .

The federer-Nadal thing cant be boring to you because its not even been a feature of the 2009 season except during the AO. We now have a strong top 4 regularly challenging for the title. Infact Fed has only made 1 serious final this yr and has not beaten any of the top 4 players since last yr.
Re: Tennis Fans! by JeSoul(f): 8:35pm On May 04, 2009
davidylan:

I think the problem is you dont really like it as much.
Tennis has tons of captivating stories that draw attention, millions of us are daily glued to the ATP site . . . there's always changes in the rankings every monday, news of exciting new talents mixing it up with the big boys, off-the-court fun . . .

You may be right. I used to be on the sites once upon a time myself and recieve daily e-blasts on what was going on . . . but it just seems to me that unless one is a die-hard fan (like thou) it is easy to loose intrest. It wasn't too long ago the "tennis is intresting again" thread was alive with fans.
Re: Tennis Fans! by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 04, 2009
JeSoul:

You may be right. I used to be on the sites once upon a time myself and recieve daily e-blasts on what was going on . . . but it just seems to me that unless one is a die-hard fan (like thou) it is easy to loose intrest. It wasn't too long ago the "tennis is intresting again" thread was alive with fans.

lol it was never "alive" with fans. We only had "grandslam" fans. grin
Re: Tennis Fans! by bawomolo(m): 1:08am On May 05, 2009
your sport sucks, go watch some baseball fool tongue
Re: Tennis Fans! by Nobody: 10:14am On May 05, 2009
BlueDiva,
Apparently you're not in touch with reality.
When was the last time Fed won anything?Grandslam,500 or 1000 series titles?
He can't win roland garros unless djoko and rafa don't go to Paris.We haven't said anything about Murray yet.All three will be there.Can he avoid a draw without any of those three in his half?Sincerely I think not.

Rafa is collecting anything in sight like pac-man eating dots.Yet you say Federrer is still king.Maybe in his bedroom where he's knocked up his wife grin
JeSoul:

It's not only nadal/Federrer.djokovic and Murray are also involved.Though Nadal gets on top 99% of the time.On clay,Rafa is king.
Re: Tennis Fans! by FBS: 12:19pm On May 05, 2009
me thinks Roger has somewhat lost it.
Nadal is top dog now. no doubt.
Re: Tennis Fans! by follypimpi(m): 1:39pm On May 05, 2009
Rafa the King of Clay without a doubt.But me support Murray grin
Re: Tennis Fans! by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 05, 2009
Eastbay:

BlueDiva,
Apparently you're not in touch with reality.
When was the last time Fed won anything?Grandslam,500 or 1000 series titles?
He can't win roland garros unless djoko and rafa don't go to Paris. We haven't said anything about Murray yet.

Murray isnt challenging on clay just yet, i'd say Djokovic is the second best player on clay at the moment.
Re: Tennis Fans! by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 05, 2009
@ Eastbay,
There was a smiley after the statement.
It shows i didn't mean it in the real sense of the word.

He is still king (relative to my love for him).
Everyone knows Nadal has taken over the courts.

Murray should await his turn.
Djokovic to take over from Nadal.
Re: Tennis Fans! by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 05, 2009
BlueDiva:

@ Eastbay,
There was a smiley after the statement.
It shows i didn't mean it in the real sense of the word.

He is still king (relative to my love for him).
Everyone knows Nadal has taken over the courts.

Murray should await his turn.
Djokovic to take over from Nadal.

Probably wont happen, Nadal will dominate for 3-4 yrs and then someone new will take over. Djokovic would be my pick to be number 1 briefly at some point. I dont think Murray will make it that far.
Re: Tennis Fans! by FOD(m): 11:02am On May 15, 2009
Quarter-Finals Fixtures:

Rafael Nadal (ESP) vs. Fernando Verdasco (ESP)
Novak Djokovic (SRB) vs. Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)
Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) vs. Andrew Murray (GBR)
Andy Roddick (USA) vs. Roger Federer (SUI)
Re: Tennis Fans! by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 15, 2009
FOD:

Quarter-Finals Fixtures:

Rafael Nadal (ESP) vs. Fernando Verdasco (ESP)
Novak Djokovic (SRB) vs. Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)
Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) vs. Andrew Murray (GBR)
Andy Roddick (USA) vs. Roger Federer (SUI)

My picks for must-see games.
Re: Tennis Fans! by FOD(m): 12:19pm On May 17, 2009
Madrid Masters: Qtr-Final Results

Nadal - Verdasco  6-4, 7-5
Djokovic - Ljubicic  6-4, 6-4
Del Potro - Andrew Murray  7-6, 6-3
Federer - Roddick  7-5, 6-7, 6-1

Madrid Masters: Semi-Final Results

Federer - Del Potro 6-3, 6-4 
Nadal - Djokovic 3-6, 7-6, 7-6
Re: Tennis Fans! by yousouph(m): 8:27pm On May 17, 2009
Madrid Masters Final. Federer beats Nadal 6 - 4, 6 - 4. Their head to head is now 11 to 7 in favour of Nadal. Lets wait to see who will win the French Open starting next weekend.
Re: Tennis Fans! by Nobody: 9:58am On May 18, 2009
Nadal loses to federrer.On clay.
Now that's a surprise.Is Nadal playing too many games for his own good?
I remember there is his right knee which hasn't been 100% for a long time.
How does this affect roland Garros?
Looks like Djokovic is a pretty good clay-court player himself,cus he seems to be coming closer to beating Nadal each time they meet.
If they meet in roland Garros,is it safe to say Djoko will take something considerable off Nadal and possibly ruin his chances of defending the title?
Still think Nadal is the favourite,because these 1000 series are just for a few days,whereas RG is a Grand-Slam event,with a more open field.
Re: Tennis Fans! by Moonstone(f): 10:17am On Jun 06, 2009
I have to say Roland Garros is surprising enough for me. I can't believe Soderling killed Nadal (ON CLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I can't wait for this whole thing to just end. Who knows? Soderling might kill Federer on sunday. . . Safina better win her game against Kuzetnova today. I have had enough surprises to last me a life time.
Re: Tennis Fans! by olibengid: 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
I am working on a tennis news app. Kindly download review and give me a feed back

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.majestyinc.tennisnews&hl=en

It will be much appreciated

(1) (Reply)

No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia / Reliable UK Aussie POOL BANKER Pairs / Nigeria U13 Team Destroying Opponents (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.