Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League (2803 Views)

Enyimba Stoned During Training In Tunisia (CAF Champions League) / Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year / Kano Pillars Wins Nigeria League (NPFL) For The Third Successive Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by bilms(m): 12:58pm On May 04, 2009
The Nigerian league is getting better,  kano pillars or kano send three times african champion packing from the CAF Champions league.

after palying 1-1 at kaduna stadium, the qualification of kano pillars became something of question, but kano pillars showed the quality of Nigerian league by going to Egypt to play a 2-2 draw and send alhaly packing out of the competetion,

another Nigerian team Heartland Of Owerri also send the runner up of the last champions league final packing after beating them 2-1 in owerri, they went to camerron to play a draw,

Support Nigerian league

http://www.cafonline.com/competition/champions-league_2009/news/2672-ahly-coton-sport-crash-out-of-champions-league.html
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 04, 2009
Although Al Ahly featured a team where most of the key players were just coming back from injury and not totally fit, Kano pillars did what many would have called impossible!
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by deor03(m): 1:22pm On May 04, 2009
Yeah Kudos to Kano Pillars
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by deb(m): 1:32pm On May 04, 2009
I'm happy for the Nigerian clubs and I wish them all the best.

Isn't that the same Al Ahly's that majority of their players played for the Egyptian national
team that won the last Nation's cup?
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by ohhippie(m): 2:28pm On May 04, 2009
hey,jarus,u sounded as if u are not happy for kalo pillars,otherwise,why are u manufacturing excuses for al aly.pillars did the impossible, they deserve to be hailed,even by u.well,may be our league is improving.
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 04, 2009
ohhippie:

hey,jarus,u sounded as if u are not happy for kalo pillars,otherwise,why are u manufacturing excuses for al aly.pillars did the impossible, they deserve to be hailed,even by u.well,may be our league is improving.
I did not manufacture any excuse, neither did I underrate Kano Pillars' feat. Just called our attention to that fact. And that doesn't mean even a fully fit Al Ahly team cannot be beaten by Kano Pillars. But everybody agrees North African clubs, especially Al Ahly and Zamalek, are usually tough nuts to crack for Nigerian clubs. Kano Pillars feat calls for celebration.
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by ibrokay(m): 2:56pm On May 04, 2009
Yah we will get there
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by Macteejay2(m): 3:13pm On May 04, 2009
I'm happy for KANO PILLARS they should sustain that effort smiley
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by salinco(m): 3:19pm On May 04, 2009
It's a very good development and a plus to Nigeria league.

And may be will should use the Kano Pillars team to replace the Wigless eagle,

abi?
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by honeric01(m): 3:34pm On May 04, 2009
salinco:

It's a very good development and a plus to Nigeria league.

And may be will should use the Kano Pillars team to replace the Wigless eagle,

abi?

They are not the first to beat an egyptian team, Eyimba did, why didn't we replace them with the eagles then? Lets make our league a proffessional one by making sure clubs are called by their cities and not by just saying Nigeria,

I mean Kano pillars should be Kano pillars FC and heartland should be heartland of Owerri.
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by Uche2nna(m): 4:13pm On May 04, 2009
honeric01:

They are not the first to beat an egyptian team, Eyimba did, why didn't we replace them with the eagles then? Lets make our league a proffessional one by making sure clubs are called by their cities and not by just saying Nigeria,
I mean Kano pillars should be Kano pillars FC and heartland should be heartland of Owerri.

Sure!!!!

Lets just change names and our league would be more proffesional than it is now
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by cantab(m): 4:23pm On May 04, 2009
KUDOS ;;;;PILLARS

I dont care if Ahly fielded puppets, all i know is that the Nigerian Side have knocked the defending champions out the championship.again Kudos 2 Heartland 2
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by tosinaded(m): 5:58pm On May 04, 2009
head bowed, hands high up clapping grin
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by kaze4blues(m): 6:07pm On May 04, 2009
guys lets really give cudos to kano pillars for making the country proud at the international loevel and hope they crown it all by becoming this year champion
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by djcrucifix(m): 6:11pm On May 04, 2009
it's about time those people were brought down.
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by A40(m): 10:00pm On May 04, 2009
I don't even care if its Kano Pillars or any other club in particular i am just glad their dominance has been halted haba are they the only club in Africa
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by kayality: 10:35pm On May 04, 2009
Good football i hope our ref can improve like this
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by astuto: 7:00am On May 05, 2009
I no fit shout. This last weekend, nigerian clubs simply did d impossible. that Kano Pillars could beat El Ahly of Egypt? mind u, el ahly is more or less a European team, with its history and organization. it's even older than Man Utd! it has beaten such teams as Real Madrid and AS Roma in friendlies before, so u can imagine what Pillars were up against.
And again, they were essentially unbeatable on d African scene up until dis moment. U see, the impossible simply happened out there in Egypt last weekend.
Let's not forget Heartland. they beat Coton Sport Garoua, runners up last year and a team that crushed my darling Enyimba 3-0 last year.
Kudos to Nigerian clubsides. With this momentum, both Pillars and Heartland are set to go very far in this year's lucrative group and knock-out stage of the African Champions League.
Naija 4 Life. I love it when Nigerians do Nigeria proud. Cheers. smiley
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by Nobody: 7:47am On May 05, 2009
Poster,
Great result,but I don't think it has anything to do with our league.
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by FBS: 8:35am On May 05, 2009
Eastbay:

Poster,
Great result,but I don't think it has anything to do with our league.

I see your point (e.g Eyinmba ruling Africa some years did nothing to help the local league) but again if you look at it, I think it does. Kano pillars done did it. wink
Always knew they could pull this stunt.
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by Nobody: 9:54am On May 05, 2009
FBS
Was watching 90 minutes yesterday.
One of the panelists was listing the kind of things that go on in the league matchs (i.e. 14-20 minutes of added time to aid the home team,ensuring that footage from league games is not used as evidence by local thugs in cases where there are allegations of irregularities etc.)
Truth is our league is in shambles.A good league would consistently produce this type of result.Or rather,we wouldn't be celebrating a result like this.
BBC radio put it as a major upset.
I'm not taking anything away from the result.I think it is extra-ordinary to go to anywhere in North Africa (Egypt,Morroco,etc) given the antics they usually pull off.Kano pillars deserve commendation for knocking out the defending champions.And they have my kudos.
But if our league was anything worth its salt,we shouldn't be surprised at the result.That's my honest opinion.I could be wrong.
just like you pointed out in the case of Enyimba,Orji Uzor Kalu went out and spent money to win the CAF Champions League.He turned Aba stadium into a bit of a standard stadium,put floodlights and all,and went on to purchase the best talent that his money could buy,even as far as Ghana (Joetex Frimpong).it had nothing to do with our league,and like you pointed out rightly,no impact was felt upon their double success because the people in the glass house (NFA) failed to capitalise.
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by bilms(m): 10:02am On May 05, 2009
kudos to kano pillars and heartland.

kudos to bayelsa utd too,

kudos to nigerian home based player
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by Emmysteve(m): 10:23am On May 05, 2009
well, it"s a good omen not only to the people of kano state but to Nigerian league at large. I think its right time to give our own league aplace.
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by FBS: 10:30am On May 05, 2009
Eastbay, again, I cant help but agree with you. Our league (and indeed the country as a whole) need a LOT of help but who is going to fix it?
Orji tried and at a point I was watching all Eyinmba matches cos it was interesting. (Was rooting for the guy to be the sports minister or at least NFA chairman wink)

However, looking at it from another point of view, it took Nigeria a very long time to win the CAF CL trophy (thanks to Orji K and Co.) and believe it, other clubs loved the success the team enjoyed and wanted to emulate them so it is no surprise that Kano Pillars & Heartland are doing same now.

By participating in such tourneys and doing well, these teams get exposed and who knows. . .better days are coming.

I was watching the portuguese league the other day, at first I thought it was naija league. The stadium, the setup etc. . .So yes, we are not there yet, but we will get there even though I still think "fixing" the country itself is the first and major thing.
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by otokx(m): 11:09am On May 05, 2009
this is a refreshing news; keep it up kano pillars
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by PurestBoy(m): 2:31pm On May 05, 2009
What is Kano Pillars? Are there football clubs in Nigeria?
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by dominique(f): 4:48pm On May 05, 2009
otokx:

this is a refreshing news; keep it up kano pillars

what is even more refreshing is that for once this group stage is not dominated by North African teams. they have 3 teams (Al hilal, Al kerrikh and Etiole du sahel).
Southern africa has 2 teams (Zesco and monotampa or somn' like that)
Central Africa has 1 (TP mazembe)
and of course west Africa has 2 teams (Heartland and Kano pillars kiss smiley)
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by fm4real2k6(m): 5:13pm On May 05, 2009
[b] I read some post that said Kano Pillars ,and Heartland success is not a true reflection of the league, and i want to say i disagree totally on that, , the league produce them, and they play in the league, and come to think of it kano pillars is not even in the first four on the league table, so it goes to show there is always quality, it might have not been reflected on the field at times, because its obvious, there are basic problems, like lack of quality good pitches, players motivation,inadequate securities et al, but despite the fact if you still watch some matches and take time to look beyond the bad pitches, you'll know that we've got a competitive league second to Non in Africa( i mean second to non in Africa) all what we need is to get our infrastructural problem behind us,get the players motivated well, and you'll see good football, but for now let us keep supporting and hope for the best, the present NPL board are doing something, although they are incapacitated, but slowly they are doing something.

I myself would have love to see thing work faster than this, i know for sure next season, things will be a little more better than this.
(1) Communication gadgets for the referees and their assistants and also match commissioners.
(2) Customized football, made by Nike for all the teams in premier league(i hear you say uniformity)
(3) 4 new stadia to be joined into the league after Nigerian 2009 U 17, (they are , Kano Pillars stadium, Wiki tourist stadium, gateway stadium, Rangers stadium,and Warri wolves stadium), and that will transform to good play , couple with good stadium in Portharcout housing Dolphin and sharks.
(2)improved Tv coverage and more( i want to believe with an improved TV coverage, it will go a long way to improve the fortune of the league.

I believe next season there will be some tremendous improvement, and hopefully one of the present CAF Champions league campaigner get to win, that will be a massive boost for the league.

Fm baba
08066920770[/b]

[center]follow Nigerian league, FBT and all other stuffs from www.fmbaba.lefora.com, [/center]
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by honeric01(m): 11:44am On May 06, 2009
PurestBoy:

What is Kano Pillars? Are there football clubs in Nigeria?

was this suppose to be funny?
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by cyan2008(m): 5:34pm On May 07, 2009
waoo

i am happy about the result.

may nigerians will begin to change mentality from blue and red to green.

kudos! To Kano Pillars.

However, who wanna do biz online, let him discover how to make money while sleepin.

Visit www.mummyjobs..com
Re: Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League by sley4life(m): 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2009
Hertland or pillars should try their best to retain the trophy

(1) (2) (Reply)

New 2015/2016 Season Football Jerseys / Free 2.00----3.00 Odds...free / Top 10 Highly Educated Footballers In Premier League History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.