Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,783 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

My School Project "Hospital Management System" Complete Version. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My School Project "Hospital Management System" Complete Version. (2903 Views)

. / School Project / Hospital Management System Program. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My School Project "Hospital Management System" Complete Version. by losprince(m): 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
It feels so good to have finally arrived at this point in my programming journey, i had been chronic procrastinator until my supervisor hit me with this project topic (hospital management system) and I decided to sit up and do this one myself. I have been coding but this is my first ever long term completed project. So I am going to post it as an open source to mark my foot print in the programming hierarchy. For anyone who is working on similar project, you can use this one as a reference.

1. this system includes a one time installation module... which would require server and database information-no big deal.
2. it includes an admin module that has the Carter Blanche to create and administer every other user of the system which includes, doctors, nurses, pharmacists, cashiers.
3. the nurse module gives the nurse the ability to admit a patient into the system and also update their information including readmitting.
4. the pharmacist can only add and modify the drugs in the hospital stock.
5. the doctor has a module to record and view a patients treatments and prescriptions and only the doctor can discharge a patient.
6. the cashier's module handles billing of discharged patients and updating their payment status.

this system was written in php and uses mysql as the database. I have to warn though that this system should only be executed on local machine, reason being that i ignored some security measures which makes this system vulnerable to attacks if its hosted online and i did this because i wanted to meet a deadline. But with subsequent updates this issues will be fixed.

Anyone using this software has no rights to sell.

screenshots after the cuts...
Re: My School Project "Hospital Management System" Complete Version. by losprince(m): 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2015
screen shots

source code after the cuts

Re: My School Project "Hospital Management System" Complete Version. by stanvesco(m): 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
losprince:
It feels so good to have finally arrived at this point in my programming journey, i had been chronic procrastinator until my supervisor hit me with this project topic (hospital management system) and I decided to sit up and do this one myself. I have been coding but this is my first ever long term completed project. So I am going to post it as an open source to mark my foot print in the programming hierarchy. For anyone who is working on similar project, you can use this one as a reference.

1. this system includes a one time installation module... which would require server and database information-no big deal.
2. it includes an admin module that has the Carter Blanche to create and administer every other user of the system which includes, doctors, nurses, pharmacists, cashiers.
3. the nurse module gives the nurse the ability to admit a patient into the system and also update their information including readmitting.
5. the doctor has a module to record and view a patients treatments and prescriptions and only the doctor can discharge a patient.
6. the cashier's module handles billing of discharged patients and updating their payment status.

this system was written in php and uses mysql as the database. I have to warn though that this system should only be executed on local machine, reason being that i ignored some security measures which makes this system vulnerable to attacks if its hosted online and i did this because i wanted to meet a deadline. But with subsequent updates this issues will be fixed.

plz how can we get dis
Re: My School Project "Hospital Management System" Complete Version. by losprince(m): 11:54pm On Oct 23, 2015
stanvesco:

plz how can we get dis
i will be posting a link to the download page shortly grin
Re: My School Project "Hospital Management System" Complete Version. by losprince(m): 12:25am On Oct 24, 2015
download the zip file here: http://www.filedropper.com/hms unzip it and save a copy in server's root directory.
Re: My School Project "Hospital Management System" Complete Version. by losprince(m): 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
Feedback would be much appreciated and I would gladly answer any questions you have.
Re: My School Project "Hospital Management System" Complete Version. by seunoni34(m): 1:52am On Oct 26, 2015
losprince:

Nice backend and database architecture just that the frontend is very poor.
I advice you get css frameworks like foundations zurb or bootstrap or mdl to spice up your front end. People always believe websites that looks good works well. It's a psychology, and you need to create that impression.
Re: My School Project "Hospital Management System" Complete Version. by losprince(m): 3:34pm On Oct 26, 2015
seunoni34:

Nice backend and database architecture just that the frontend is very poor.
I advice you get css frameworks like foundations zurb or bootstrap or mdl to spice up your front end. People always believe websites that looks good works well. It's a psychology, and you need to create that impression.
hi seunoni34 I appreciate this review very well, thanks for taking your time to write it.. about the front end I just thought all it needs was a control panel structure since only the hospital staff would be using, pls if u have screen shots or links that could help I would appreciate it. Though I am working on improving the system, I just dont have a design beast in me. cheesy
Re: My School Project "Hospital Management System" Complete Version. by seunoni34(m): 7:42am On Oct 28, 2015
losprince:
hi seunoni34 I appreciate this review very well, thanks for taking your time to write it.. about the front end I just thought all it needs was a control panel structure since only the hospital staff would be using, pls if u have screen shots or links that could help I would appreciate it. Though I am working on improving the system, I just dont have a design beast in me. cheesy
I understand where you're coming from, I'm also bad at design so you're not alone. I can write css etc but can't put things together to look good. I spend weeks doing design after few days of PHP coding, because it's what people will see at the front end that matters the most.
So I resort to this technique, that might help. Go online and look for templates /similar websites with simple layout (so it won't be too complex for you ), you don't need to download the template, just copy the layout and create your own design from it using css frameworks.
I hope it helps
Re: My School Project "Hospital Management System" Complete Version. by losprince(m): 10:13am On Oct 28, 2015
seunoni34:

I understand where you're coming from, I'm also bad at design so you're not alone. I can write css etc but can't put things together to look good. I spend weeks doing design after few days of PHP coding, because it's what people will see at the front end that matters the most.
So I resort to this technique, that might help. Go online and look for templates /similar websites with simple layout (so it won't be too complex for you ), you don't need to download the template, just copy the layout and create your own design from it using css frameworks.
I hope it helps
thanks for your time, thats exactly what I'm doing now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Mtn Double Data, Get 2gb For #500 / The Untold Story Of The Shudown Of NSEAPI / Developing An App To Reduce Queues At ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.