Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra (51838 Views)

100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos / Anambra Man Builds House For Poor Widow, Dedicates It After Completion. Photos / AFFORDABLE Land AND HOUSES FOR SALE @ IBEJU LEKKI, IKORODU, SHIMAWA, OTA ABUJA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
Good. In Amoji, I know families there
greatwaters:

Cool.
My mum is from Umuobene.
Forgive my spelling, I didnt grow up in the east
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 1:36pm On Oct 24, 2015
GodMode:

You're very wrong...

Its the same with the Syrians migrating because of war...

Lots of Igbos migrated out of SE to the SW after the biafra war.

The igbos that could afford to migrate overseas migrated.

The biafra war experience by the older igbos is been passed down to younger igbos and some younger igbos are migrating to avoid such.
What are you saying? If Ndigbo have been migrating out the way majority of Yorubas are thinking then all Igboland would have been empty by now. How long does it take Lagos to get very dry during the Christmas season? That will make you understand what I'm talking about.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by greatwaters: 1:52pm On Oct 24, 2015
DikeOha882:
Good. In Amoji, I know families there
thats nice

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by o42austino(m): 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2015
Adelaide2:

Good gesture. But Abia and Anambra are not contiguous. No physical boundaries btw them. To get to Abia from Anambra, u must pass thru Imo.
Orumba south has boundary with Abia state.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by lastpage: 2:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
Justdulla:
Instead of Those He Goats screaming secession to embark on this sort of project so as to endear them to their people as this will mean They stand united in One voice, they are busy blocking highways and setting tires ablaze like Nigeria doesn't have bigger issues to deal with..mtscheeeew Bloody Bunch of Agberos who want to Govern a Mirage state

Your head dey there!

But how is it that we cant even be shown A SINGLE PICTURE OF EVEN JUST ONE OF THE BUNGALOWS?

Hmmm.....

#Pikture ........Or ADONBILIF IT

Lastpage!
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by o42austino(m): 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
patrick89:
Is that all? Punch is a useless tabloid! Why did they wrie only 1/4 of this man did in his home town!
For those of you who don't know, this man is building a 14 storey in his home town, pharmaceutical company, he sponsors over 400 law students and other field of study,
He built two standard secondary schools with teachers quater! He bulk two churches with the priest building, gave them cars.
He constructed dual carriageway in his home town..
This man is sending most of his kinsmen abroad for studies..
I urge any other media house to visit this town and see wonders!! This man is a God sent! I don't think the op captured it.
I saw that 14 story building when I was travelling through Umunze in Orumba south.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by bigfrancis21: 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
Umuchukwu being a boundary town between Anambra and Abiastate, it would be interesting to know the type of Igbo spoken in the area. Nwaisuochi, pazienza, and others, what is the Igbo spoken in Isuochi like? Does it flow with mainstream Anambra Igbo or does it tend towards Southern (Abia) like Igbo or a mix of both?
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Harmvirus(f): 2:18pm On Oct 24, 2015
God bless him.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by pazienza(m): 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Iwuchukwu being a boundary town between Anambra and Abiastate, it would be interesting to know the type of Igbo spoken in the area. Nwaisuochi, pazienza, and others, what is the Igbo spoken in Isuochi like? Does it flow with mainstream Anambra Igbo or does it tend towards Southern (Abia) like Igbo or a mix of both?

The entire Orumba south speak similar dialect of Igbo as Eziama and Isuochi towns of Umunneochi LGA of Abia state.

Example of Umuchukwu( Nkerehi) sentences :

Shi kaa fuo! ( get out of there)
Ndu gu gam ( I am scared)

Ha no kaa boga akala. ( They are there discussing)

I wu onye ohi. ( You are a thief)

Agam igbu gi iru. ( I am going to beat the hell out of you)

I wu onye? ( who are you)

O shi ghu gaje I bia( He said that he is going to come)

Bia kanu( come here).

As you can see, it is quite different from from the Onitsha- Idemili-Oyi- Dunukofia- Njikoka- Aniocha cluster of dialects we have come to see as a typical Anambra dialect.

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by pazienza(m): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
Yujin:

If what you mean by major roads are the Enugu/PH and the Onitsha/Owerri Express then you are right. But if other roads qualify then there are smoothly tarred roads through Orumba south. Umunze have direct boundary with Abia state through Eziama/Nsogwu(Umunze) road though untarred but well used road. Then the Owerre Ezukala and Ogbunka road.

Yea. I mean the three major roads in the SE ie Enugu-PH, Enugu- Onitsha and Onitsha- Owerri express roads.

You know, Madukaji is doing for Umuchukwu, what Ugochukwu Umunze did for Umunze in the late 70's and Early 80's.

Ugo was basically the one that pushed Umunze to where she is today.

He invested alot in upgrading the human resources of Umunze and the physical infrastructures.

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by GodMode: 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2015
Yujin:

What are you saying? If Ndigbo have been migrating out the way majority of Yorubas are thinking then all Igboland would have been empty by now. How long does it take Lagos to get very dry during the Christmas season? That will make you understand what I'm talking about.

That igbos have been migrating in large numbers does not mean there aren't millions of igbos who live in the SE and have never left the SE...

Lagos doesn't get dry during christmasgringrin some people spend their christmas in Lagos..
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by eyeview: 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
sukkot:
please stop getting overtly emotional and sentimental and lying. this man is a very rare igbo man. no igbo man attains wealth and helps his brother. if all igbo men attained wealth and helped their brother the 5 igbo states will be like heaven now. igbos like to oppress each other. thats the truth. if everybody is rich then there is no one to oppress right ?

You are very wrong on that assertion. Every tribe respects the fact that igbos are the ones who are known to bring 'their brothers to township',train their younger ones in any line of business and 'settle' them when thru,build mansions in their villages first even while a tenant elsewhere etc.
What most people in Nigeria don't know is that 85% of the developments in the south east are by private efforts. They had never relied on governments, they are just recently getting interested in government.

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by elbinmanny(m): 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
Justdulla:
Instead of Those He Goats screaming secession to embark on this sort of project so as to endear them to their people as this will mean They stand united in One voice, they are busy blocking highways and setting tires ablaze like Nigeria doesn't have bigger issues to deal with..mtscheeeew Bloody Bunch of Agberos who want to Govern a Mirage state
what do u stand to loose if they secede?

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by eyeview: 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
MrEverest:
Why are the Chinese, Lebanese & Indians always migrating to Africa? Does it mean we are more developed than them?? The Igbomen that are dominating the business & supply chain in remote places like Ogbomoso, Sarki, Dekina, kafanchan, Oturkpo, Lafiaji, Biu etc means those places are more developed than Igboland?? My brother people move away from places of high competition to areas they can easily dominate. That is simple law of nature!!!

May God bless you for that revelation. You have just revealed a secret they were blind to

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by yugocee(m): 2:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
u don't know ur geography. there is actually a boundary between isuochi in abia state and some towns in anambra (umuchukwu inclusive).
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by MrGerald(m): 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
Adelaide2:

Good gesture. But Abia and Anambra are not contiguous. No physical boundaries btw them. To get to Abia from Anambra, u must pass thru Imo.
you're wrong, Anambra and Abia has boundaries even through Umunze road
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by seemples(f): 2:47pm On Oct 24, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
My issues with him were discussed with him personally. I am not here to trade banters.

Besides I have no reason to envy him.
/

Akiko na oke nti!

Nwoke m jee nodu ani biko
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by patrick89(m): 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
ghostmist:
I laugh whenever i hear people say "the Igbos hate themselves".
Ever wondered how we were able to bounce back so quickly after the civil war?? here is your answer.
WE take great pride in our communities, our people and our way of life; and, WE NEVER APOLOGISE FOR THAT!
what they call hate,is nothing but the internal competition they see us engage in,which of course is geared towards our improvement.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by eyeview: 2:55pm On Oct 24, 2015
VickJames:
The only reason wealth spread in the east is basically because people help their brothers and kinsmen in the way of being my boy for some years and i will pay you after those years. they do not only give them money, they also go ahead to give them contacts and push them during their first trying years in business.

you dont expect an igbo man to dash you money without working atleast for it.

There's a tribe that expects you to dash them money without working for it. They call it all sorts of names like 'oouda', 'omonile fee', ground fee, etc.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by EagleEyes001(m): 2:58pm On Oct 24, 2015
As you doeth unto your own fellow man so will God rewardeth you 10000 times
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
caprini1:
The truth is ,so many towns in the east,hardly wait for government in terms of development. There is this town in NNEWI south (osumenyi)....every single road is tarred with gutters on both sides.....And from my place,if you like build a stadium as a house,if the entrance to your house is not tarred sorry, you no get money.

rr u from awka etiti.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2015
MrGerald:
you're wrong, Anambra and Abia has boundaries even through Umunze road
Anambra has no physical boundary with Abia oga
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by InvertedHammer: 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2015
seemples:

Akiko na oke nti!

Nwoke m jee nodu ani biko
/
Your problem not mine.

One Prof. Igwike and Dr.Ibe reached out to me when the fire was burning. Well my position remains that it is none of my business.

Dr.Maduka acknowledged that we are related. But that's besides the point.

Like I stated, it is your problem, not mine. How was the road contract awarded to Cosmas (Cosell Construction)? You don't know. This is my last exchange with you on Nkerehi's wahala. Take care.

You guys can burn yourselves for all I care.
/
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by InvertedHammer: 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2015
tony4life58:

The man is a PHARMACIST and not a Medical Doctor
/
He is both. He graduated as a Pharmacist first and then went back to medical school. The man really tried considering that he came from the remotest part of Anambra state that most people didn't know exist.
/
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by seemples(f): 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
Your problem not mine.

One Prof. Igwike and Dr.Ibe reached out to me when the fire was burning. Well my position remains that it is none of my business.

Dr.Maduka acknowledged that we are related. But that's besides the point.

Like I stated, it is your problem, not mine. How was the road contract awarded to Cosmas (Cosell Construction)? You don't know. This is my last exchange with you on Nkerehi's wahala. Take care.

You guys can burn yourselves for all I care.
/

Like I earlier said...JEE NODU ANI!
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2015
pazienza:

Yea. I mean the three major roads in the SE ie Enugu-PH, Enugu- Onitsha and Onitsha- Owerri express roads.

You know, Madukaji is doing for Umuchukwu, what Ugochukwu Umunze did for Umunze in the late 70's and Early 80's.

Ugo was basically the one that pushed Umunze to where she is today.

He invested alot in upgrading the human resources of Umunze and the physical infrastructures.
You know much about Umunze. That's good to know. Ugo was our own Maduka. He got houses scattered all over Nigeria and those who live in those houses are mostly my town's people. Such men are rare to find. I don't know if there's any book written about Ugo? I'll search for it.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by InvertedHammer: 4:27pm On Oct 24, 2015
/
I don't think there are up to 100 houses in the village as a whole. So considering how obscure the town is, for some villagers, the doctor is the next thing to Jesus.

No one person can change the name of Onitsha, Nnewi, Oraifite or even Owerre Ezukala. But Nkerehi is a place that with even N1million, all the villagers will build a shrine and worship you. So the coming of Dr. Maduka is like the coming of Jesus Christ. He walked over everyone and everything in the village.

I heard that earlier this year, he had a land dispute with Ogbunka. LOL. He backed down because he was advised accordingly.
/

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Emilokoiyawon: 4:32pm On Oct 24, 2015
cool How clinics has Nnamdi Cownu (the albino) built for Igbos?
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
sukkot:
listen, the evidence is everywhere to see. so save your little personal stories. everybody can come up with the personal story of a good man in their tribe who is helping people. but truth be told, your brothers are suffering all over the world. in lagos they stand in 100 degrees farenheit heat chasing cars and selling gala. where are the rich people in your land to come rescue these people ? they have to resort to taking drugs to malaysia and many have been killed in malaysia. where are the people to help these people to where they had to resort to drugs ? why would a man leave his town to go chase cars in lagos selling gala ? come on man. stop lying. nobody is helping anybody. only people getting helped is only beautiful women and thats because they ( your leaders ) want s-ex in return grin

this CHILD is a KID.
seriously. our people suffer under 100" while Ur people chill at macdonads at all the bus stop in Lagos practising 100 meter race to and fro. while the female are at idumota market and balogun using thr cone head to carry goods ranging from tyre drugs. clothes in return for #50.

grow up man d Nigerian suffer is not exclusive to any tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
sukkot:
the chinese lebanese and indians migrate because they think africans are st-upid so they want to take advaantage of us. so look for a better example. you people migrate because you are poor. its two different things

actually we migrate to Lagos because we know the yorubas are stupiddddd. so we take advantage of them.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 4:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
pazienza:

The entire Orumba south speak similar dialect of Igbo as Eziama and Isuochi towns of Umunneochi LGA of Abia state.

Example of Umuchukwu( Nkerehi) sentences :

Shi kaa fuo! ( get out of there)
Ndu gu gam ( I am scared)

Ha no kaa boga akala. ( They are there discussing)

I wu onye ohi. ( You are a thief)

Agam igbu gi iru. ( I am going to beat the hell out of you)

I wu onye? ( who are you)

O shi ghu gaje I bia( He said that he is going to come)

Bia kanu( come here).

As you can see, it is quite different from from the Onitsha- Idemili-Oyi- Dunukofia- Njikoka- Aniocha cluster of dialects we have come to see as a typical Anambra dialect.
Lol. You tried so well in speaking our dialect although with little variations. Notice how you used wu/ghu to represent 'you' in the sentences. I doubt if we do use 'wu' in any of those towns. Its basically 'ghu' we use. Also, when we say 'Ndu gu gam' we don't mean it in the present tense (like our Abia and Imo brothers) but rather in past tense. I.e. I was scared. For the present tense we say; ndu la gum.
For a thief we say onye oshi. Lol. 'akala' means discussion. You tried any way.
By the way this dialect covers almost the entire old Aguata region.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Security Men In Front Of A House In Abuja Dressed In Queen's Guard Uniform / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? / "Do Not Sex Here Again": Uncompleted Building Owner Warns (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.