Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,757 members, 7,802,315 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through (44321 Views)

What Did Someone Do On A First Date That Made You Know It's A NO!!!!? / I Did This To A Girl And She Never Came To My Place Again.. Am I Wrong?? / He Ran Away And Never Came Back After Our Wedding Introduction, Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
Frankestein08:

lmao, what's d use of eloping if you'll inform dem dat u're eloping. I trust our Nigerian parents, they ll tie u hands n legs n lock u up in one room. Alakoba cheesy
I tell u.they might even take me submit me to my parish priest to cast out the demon in me grin

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Drabrah(m): 9:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hmmmmm.
Takes some of us 2 understand.
Guess mine is a more touching story. When I say touching, I mean TOUCHING in every sense of it. So, wen pipe say "move on" it jst soundsfunny, cos they don't understand.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
murphyibiam15:

u must be sent from the pit of hell trying to demonise the same catholic church which is the root of other churches today.

shame shame on the devil's agents
JESUS CHRIST is the root of the Church not the catholic church,and your outburst is a confirmation of what am saying.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Laveda(f): 10:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
Awwwww . . . Love hurts at times embarassed cry
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by emzila(m): 11:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
sorry bro, I know how bad such bite. last two year I was in your shoes. till now it hurt like yesterday. you did the right thing by stepping aside. tru love is unconditional, so it has to be if it must be called love.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by RichyRodman(m): 1:06am On Oct 25, 2015
Please don't blame her for 3 reasons.
1. She's afraid of her father,the man that brought her up paid tooth and nail for her through university,fed and cloth her!
2. She's not yet 35 years old that's the age single ladies punch the panic button,run from one church to another,sleep with different men hoping and praying one of them pops the question,that's the age she attends weddings,always rushing out to catch the bouquet.
3.She grew up in her own dogma,belief and religion,she's used to it already,love can change it,but she didn't get it from u,at her age u don't anticipate her to turn her back on her parents!

Man is the "head" of the house,u would have accepted whatever religious dogma they bring to your table when u've gone as far as to her village,u should know its an Ibo land u would have taken the opportunity to pay her dowry first,whatever church they insist on u would accept after all we're worshipping the same 1 God in so many diverse ways,marry her in their church take her home and be man enough to take her to your church,she won't be stupid to go tell her father u're taking her to your own church! Her father can only visit u,he doesn't have right to tell u the church to take his daughter that is now your wife!
So Man I don't have 1 single pity for u instead u are a very weak person,u claim to love this girl she feels the same way why then did u allow your selfish religious belief to derail u!? Today u are still single and your "love of your life" is single but has another suitor that's willing to bend for her father. U bleeped up,am not married but if I find love am willing to bend down to any lenght accept anything let me take my love HOME other that waste more years! U must bend certain rules to achieve certain things in life,A goat that wants to suck his mother's breast MUST bend down! HOHA

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by fabre4: 4:11am On Oct 25, 2015
murphyibiam15:

you better dont start a denominational war am sure u cant finish...the issue is on both side of catholics and protestants so why use those derogatory words against catholics.

una too like segregation i swear....like say our ancestors be christains sef

Mr I speak the truth as I see it and I speak based on observation they are too close-minded and I stand to be corrected
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by fabre4: 4:14am On Oct 25, 2015
RichyRodman:
Please don't blame her for 3 reasons.
1. She's afraid of her father,the man that brought her up paid tooth and nail for her through university,fed and cloth her!
2. She's not yet 35 years old that's the age single ladies punch the panic button,run from one church to another,sleep with different men hoping and praying one of them pops the question,that's the age she attends weddings,always rushing out to catch the bouquet.
3.She grew up in her own dogma,belief and religion,she's used to it already,love can change it,but she didn't get it from u,at her age u don't anticipate her to turn her back on her parents!

Man is the "head" of the house,u would have accepted whatever religious dogma they bring to your table when u've gone as far as to her village,u should know its an Ibo land u would have taken the opportunity to pay her dowry first,whatever church they insist on u would accept after all we're worshipping the same 1 God in so many diverse ways,marry her in their church take her home and be man enough to take her to your church,she won't be stupid to go tell her father u're taking her to your own church! Her father can only visit u,he doesn't have right to tell u the church to take his daughter that is now your wife!
So Man I don't have 1 single pity for u instead u are a very weak person,u claim to love this girl she feels the same way why then did u allow your selfish religious belief to derail u!? Today u are still single and your "love of your life" is single but has another suitor that's willing to bend for her father. U bleeped up,am not married but if I find love am willing to bend down to any lenght accept anything let me take my love HOME other that waste more years! U must bend certain rules to achieve certain things in life,A goat that wants to suck his mother's breast MUST bend down! HOHA

He isn't weak he has morals how can you deceive her father cause you want to marry. His daughter forgetting that karma is watching

2 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by fammo: 4:37am On Oct 25, 2015
RuuDie:

Sample question... Your friends or family, who has more influence on you?
Family of course.....and if u can't start seeing someone you are about to get married to as Family even before the "I do" then there is a problem. I influenced my Fiancee more than her family members because she already considers me more family than her biological family.....its that simple! Don't wait till you marry somebody before you start changing the things you don't like and can't live with, cos if u wait till then you are only gonna cause trouble, sadness and problems in the marriage
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by fammo: 4:43am On Oct 25, 2015
Johnkantius97:

The Catholic Church has it's laws which has been passed down for more than a thousand years.

NO means NO!
And do this catholic laws guarantee you going to heaven?......My people perish for lack of knowledge.....Christ came so that we will be redeemed from the curse of the law...buh the church decides to add more laws to the ones already in the bible......how can you claim to be redeemed and still leave under Do's and Dont's.....that is totally against the Christianity we are professing. Christians Read your bible!
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by RuuDie(m): 5:10am On Oct 25, 2015
fammo:

Family of course ..... and if u can't start seeing someone you are about to get married to as Family even before the "I do" then there is a problem. I influenced my Fiancee more than her family members because she already considers me more family than her biological family.....its that simple! Don't wait till you marry somebody before you start changing the things you don't like and can't live with, cos if u wait till then you are only gonna cause trouble, sadness and problems in the marriage

"start seeing someone as family" is not the same as "family" - I rest my case!
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by fammo: 5:21am On Oct 25, 2015
RuuDie:

"start seeing someone as family" is not the same as "family" - I rest my case!

You start seeing him/her as family because that is who he/she is....and ur spouse is gonna be more family than ur biological family for a longer part of your life (the rest of it) should all things go well.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by otokx(m): 5:47am On Oct 25, 2015
Its in things like this you realize Nigeria is still under developed.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Amokwe(m): 6:50am On Oct 25, 2015
Fashola's is a Muslim his wife is a Catholic christian
same with Tinubu and many others ...
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Walexsammy(m): 8:05am On Oct 25, 2015
funkybully:
Na so one babe wey I dey eye give me condition of either I join Christ embassy or no relationship / marriage.

I did 180° u turn, me no fit leave my Catholic faith for anything.

So I have narrowed my search to Catholicism.
I think u forgot ure using ur 2nd account.....double faced human being like u
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Walexsammy(m): 8:14am On Oct 25, 2015
9t9jacobs:
I was actually expecting someone to advise you to deny your faith too for hers. In as much as I respect marriages; I also hold religion to a high esteem when it comes to relationship. You are not ready to denounce your belief likewise her. It now a two-way thing.
the problem is not her, buh her father which is so so annoying.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 14, 2015
darknez:
You are hurting and for that I empathize with you. My story is strikingly similar to yours. I am based in Lagos, she in PH; I am Catholic, she is technically not a Catholic. Our Introduction was fixed for the 27th of August, 2015 but this was never to be, as today we aren't togethert, and like you, I was crushed by this realisation.

However, a notable difference between you and I is that I have since gone past my hurt and I do not particularly hold anyone or group, be it individuals, Church or family, responsible for our not being together today. I simply took it as God's will. If indeed God had willed that she be my wife, we would still be together today.

The truth is, if you are looking to get married and bring up your children as Protestants, I would advise that you do not waste your time with Catholic ladies who cherish their faith, for it is something that they are prepared to give their life for, let alone give it up so cheaply for the sake of marriage.

I am a Catholic and I do not see myself given up my faith for anyone. It is too precious a gift. Your story is quite sad and from the standpoint of one who has that experience, though in reverse, I understand your hurt perfectly. When I was hurting, I felt physical pains in my heart, for which the scars are still there even though I have gone past it.

Thence, I urge you, in the strongest terms possible, to m cryove on. Moving on is never easy but it brings in its wake, a healing we cannot fathom. Crying over spilt milk is never worth it. Pick yourself up and find love again. This time, get someone you are compatible with in totality, to include a compatibility of faith.

Gosh @ "I felt physical pain in my hand....i knw dat feeling...." remembering it makes me cry cry....in my own case....i was struggling to breathe till I passed out cry
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Chinum: 7:41am On Dec 31, 2015
Drfinn:
To those wonderful people who are of the opinion that I should have played along. Got married on her father's terms, and then revert to status quo. My fiancee's in law and a few people advised same.

However, it was a pill of deceit I detest. Her father had narrated a story of how some guy deceived a Catholic lady in same act. Besides, this old man in all honesty have been plain with me. He even called me his son on several occasions . To betray such trust will make a Brutus out of me.

I may not have applied sound judgment on some aspects of my failed engagement. But to sign a document before the Catholic Church and renege later will subtly rob me of my wife's respect, and make me less of a man. In addition, how do I teach my children the importance of trustworthiness when am far from same?

It's better to take a stand even if the world is against you. It may not the best of decisions, but it's far better than following a fickle crowd. Thanks once again for your timely comments.

Respect. I feel like proposing sef. I hope you God gives u ur ideal woman soon.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Chinum: 7:54am On Dec 31, 2015
Drfinn:
To those wonderful people who are of the opinion that I should have played along. Got married on her father's terms, and then revert to status quo. My fiancee's in law and a few people advised same.

However, it was a pill of deceit I detest. Her father had narrated a story of how some guy deceived a Catholic lady in same act. Besides, this old man in all honesty have been plain with me. He even called me his son on several occasions . To betray such trust will make a Brutus out of me.

I may not have applied sound judgment on some aspects of my failed engagement. But to sign a document before the Catholic Church and renege later will subtly rob me of my wife's respect, and make me less of a man. In addition, how do I teach my children the importance of trustworthiness when am far from same?

It's better to take a stand even if the world is against you. It may not the best of decisions, but it's far better than following a fickle crowd. Thanks once again for your timely comments.

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Drfinn: 9:22am On Dec 31, 2015
Chinum:

Lol@ I feel like proposing sef@Chinum. Thanks for been totful. Compliments of d season, happy new year in advance.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Chinum: 11:15am On Dec 31, 2015
Drfinn:

Lol@ I feel like proposing sef@Chinum. Thanks for been totful. Compliments of d season, happy new year in advance.

I dey tells you. Ethically sound guys are not so easy to come by. Wish you al d best this coming year.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Drfinn: 11:43am On Dec 31, 2015
Chinum:

I dey tells you. Ethically sound guys are not so easy to come by. Wish you al d best this coming year.

You can say that again. The greatest teacher of love admonished us to do unto others what we want them to do to us. Thanks for the warm wishes. Appreciated.

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Tampinu(m): 5:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
murphyibiam15:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahaha.....u've made my day...some ppl dont get it that denomination counts

It's a shame that people will fear what they know not about...

What's more? What if I told you that the Cherubim & Seraphim church is the first AFRICAN INITIATED 'CHURCH' in AFRICA?
WHilst every African was following the White man's doctrine of a White God, the C & S in as early as the mid 1920s had "emancipated themselves from Mental slavery" and sought African Salvation by being the first Movement to establish a church based on the doctrines of the King james Version of the Bible.

let's do some research about what we don't know before leaving commnets. Peace smiley
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Tampinu(m): 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
Mekky05:
You don't need to apologize cuz u quoted me.. My dear, Jeahova's witness,Seven Days Adventist,Cherubim and Seraphim. You can only marry there if u will convert to there church. Pentecostal churches will always tell u that Catholic church is an evil church and therefore u cannot be yoked with an unbeliever! A girl I would have engaged by now but didn't work out was cuz she worships in Redeem,and they don't marry outside unless im willing to convert/become a member of Redeem! So my dear,every party is guilty so don't try to apportion blame.

What if you pretend to convert to their church and then after the marriage you state that you do not wish to be a member anymore. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Share The Most Embarrassing Statement Your Ex Or Current Spouse Told You / A Fine Man Cancelled His Facebook Friend Request He Sent Me / Davido And Chioma Share A Kiss In Qatar (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.