Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Is Biafra Igbo? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Biafra Igbo? (3131 Views)

Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu / This Month Is Biafra Month- Asari Dokubo / No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by ezeagu(m): 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
Brooklynsouth:
this guy from ur arguement u are not igbo so many words u used which is common with the yaribas and mind u the biafran consciousness is natural it awakens all with notice e.g portharcourt rally even the governor gave a wave on for the rally so my dear impostor u are not igbo and I know where this biafra problem is the igbo speaking biafrans are problems of the actualization mind t was an ijaw man that moved for the secession of biafra so they are more biafrans than ur igbo ones

I don't think you have the capacity to under the arguments being raised here. I wonder what you guys will do when you march to the wrong lands and they actually physically attack you.

Noneroone:
personally i love all Igbo country too. But i believe Kalu knows what he is doing. o buru na gina mmadu na azo ani, oge ikpe rue, i were nke abughi nkegi tinye na oke nke gi. ka oga abu ikpazu ka inwete anagi nile.

I don't know about that since Radio Biafra is even claiming Itsekiri and Igala people are part of Biafra.

fastjet:

Come if na joke u better stop it before I invoke the anger of Chukwu okike abiama on u, which name do u want to change BIAFRA u must be a joker and dreamer, the name Biafra is as old as Africa, why not change Africa name to start with. go and check the ancient map of Africa 1800 - 1899. u will see BIAFRA there. secondly it cant be change becos millions have died becos of its restoration so let live with it. Am Proudly BIAFRA. Bleep off haters

Biafra is a corrupted name Europeans used to find particular kinds of slaves they were looking for, just because it existed before Nigeria doesn't mean it's not of foreign origin. Do your research outside of Radio Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by Legitbaba(m): 12:18pm On Oct 24, 2015
fastjet:

Come if na joke u better stop it before I invoke the anger of Chukwu okike abiama on u, which name do u want to change BIAFRA u must be a joker and dreamer, the name Biafra is as old as Africa, why not change Africa name to start with. go and check the ancient map of Africa 1800 - 1899. u will see BIAFRA there. secondly it cant be change becos millions have died becos of its restoration so let live with it. Am Proudly BIAFRA. Bleep off haters
FYI i aint a hater...am a pro Biafra...am only saying..mayb d few south southerners are against it b cos of d name......for me...am ok with any name...as far as its nt Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by ezeagu(m): 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2015
Legitbaba:
Before now...so many pple tot Biafra was an Igbo struggle.. Buh later on...i realized that it wasnt.....it was abt d then eastern region....many pple still think that way b cos Igbos are d more serious unit about the fight...there is no way a Rivers state or any south south state will b under Nigeria if d secession actually happens....and some others are not just comfortable with d name...mayb a change of name could do some magic

But I have never seen a Biafra protest in any non-Igbo land. The name I believe should go too.

1 Like

Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by kingzizzy: 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
If any of the minorities will be a problem to the restoration of Biafra, then I am for an all Igbo Biafra. Infact, many Nigerians have said that if Igbos leave the minorities alone, they will grant us Biafra much faster. We do not need people who don't know what they want to drag us back into Nigeria. So if the minorities cannot make up their minds, we leave them and go! It's after we have left that they will taste the full brunt of Hausa-Fulani/Yoruba partnership well. But I have to stress again that if Igbos alone go as Biafrans, all Igbos must go! And when I mean all Igbos, I mean the Igbos of the lower Benue,Delta Igbos from Asaba to the Igbo speaking community of Igbanke in Edo state. All Rivers Igbos like Etche-Igbos,Omuma-Igbos,Ahoada-Igbos and so on. When it comes the Ikweres-Igbos, those people are just too misguided. They are too busy claiming not to Igbo to see the bigger picture. In the first post of this thread, we see an Ikwere girl with the surname Okonkwo-Ogabu call Igbos 'strangers'. How can someone with the surname 'Okonkwo' call Igbos strangers if that person is not terribly daft? How can someone who speaks Igbo as their ancestral language and has an Igbo surname call Igbos strangers? That's how Chibike Amaechi, an Ikwere man, went to Aba to campaign for APC and said:

"My people! Don't vote GEJ! He is an Ijaw man who cannot speak Igbo. I, on the other hand am an Igbo man who can speak Igbo!

Amaechi was an Igbo man in Aba but an Ikwere man in PortHarcourt. That's how Ikwere people are hypocrites. When it is in their favour, they become Igbos, when it is not in their favour, they become Ikwere. If Biafra must be an all Igbo affair, we cannot afford to have sabotures like the Ikwere to be part of it. We need people who are proud to be Igbos to be part of it. We must reach out to the Igbos by the sea like the Opobo-Igbos and Bonny-Igbos. An all Igbo Biafra will be great, we have all it takes, we have the brains, the Oil and Gas, the minerals and the human potential.

God Bless Biafra

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
Legitbaba:
Before now...so many pple tot Biafra was an Igbo struggle.. Buh later on...i realized that it wasnt.....it was abt d then eastern region....many pple still think that way b cos Igbos are d more serious unit about the fight...there is no way a Rivers state or any south south state will b under Nigeria if d secession actually happens....and some others are not just comfortable with d name...mayb a change of name could do some magic
So on point! Just if only that 'BIAFRA' of a name could be changed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by ezeagu(m): 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
nwanlecha:
I have always maintained that we Ndi Igbo should concentrate on having Biafra as an Igbo only country(excluding the Ikwerres pls). Y'all should stop being concerned about the well being of these our non-Igbo SS neighbours who betrayed us in the past & who will surely betray us again. Our blood could not have been continously shed all these years for Biafra and then, have these minorities come in to enjoy the fruits of our labor, after we've done all the hard work. Mbanu! Things simply don't work that way. I hate to see Ndi Igbo adding these people into the Biafra equation, thereby attracting unnecessary ridicule and insult to us. Have we ever stopped to ask ourselves, what use these people will be to us in Biafra? To be honest, these minorities will be nothing short of a liability and headache to us in Biafra. An Igbo only country called Biafra is the answer!
@Ezeagu, it's not just a few Ndi Igbo that are talking of Biafra. The truth is that 98% of Ndi Igbo want Biafra. I would also like to know your opinion on this Biafra issue, 'cause you've kind of been on the fence about it.

I believe that anything other than an Igbo country would probably be a failure. I also believe all these Biafra movements are confusing.

2 Likes

Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by Duru1(m): 1:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
Nigerians will not understand the wasteful years they have endured under the British c0ontraption called Nigeria until it is disintegrated. However it shall be too late for certain people because of the hatred Nigeria entity had created among the silly inhabitants. There is no doubt that if peaceful settlement is not reach in self-determination for nation states out of Nigeria, the treatment meted to Bakassi by Hausa, Fulani, Yari.ba and all minorities from northern region of Nigeria would look like a child's play. I am soundly for Republic of Igbo land. I guess the boundary of Igbo land is not negotiable. However a reconfigured Biafra to include all Igbo land in Nigeria not merely the defunct eastern region of Nigeria shall be considered.

4 Likes

Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by pazienza(m): 1:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
o buru na gina mmadu na azo ani, oge ikpe rue, i were nke abughi nkegi tinye na oke nke gi. ka oga abu ikpazu ka inwete anagi nile.

This is wisdom.

4 Likes

Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by IGBOPRINCE: 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
carnegiefan:

First, they will be forcefully converted to Islam. Note that Igbo have been the only major Christian population in Nigeria, and the east.
The Igbo shields the east against forceful Islamization as is happening now in the middle belt.
Once Islamized, they become like northern minorities, at the killing whims and caprices of the Fulani overlords.
Cattle will finish off the rest of the farmlands left after oil pollution.
Soon there will be an Emir of each of those minority clans, and they can do nothing about it.
Stay in Nigeria will be pure HELL for any eastern minority.
Biafra is all about equality, and Christian type of freedom.
you ve gone too far to shown them the revelation of doom that will likely befall them..

But I wish them well after the secession of biafra .
Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by tpiah11: 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2015
sounds like building castles in the air, imo.

fanciful imagination.

I've already pointed out why such a situation is not as plausible as you imagine, unless you arrange it yourselves.
Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by dmz1: 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
under no circumstance should ikwerre and I jaw should be allowed into Biafra. it is even preferable for idoma to be included in Biafra than those misguided groups.
Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by dmz1: 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
under no circumstance should ikwerre and Ijaw be allowed into Biafra. it is even preferable for idoma to be included in Biafra than those misguided groups.
Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by ezeagu(m): 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
dmz1:
under no circumstance should ikwerre and Ijaw be allowed into Biafra. it is even preferable for idoma to be included in Biafra than those misguided groups.

Have you communicated this to other pro-Biafrans?

1 Like

Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
tpiah11:

how so?

just curious.

Niger delta has been shielded several times by we igbos. If we leave, Niger delta is gone.

Imagine a nation with Hausa/fulani n Yoruba as majority n Niger delta as minute minority.........They will finish dem
Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by fastestfinger: 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
nwanlecha:
I have always maintained that we Ndi Igbo should concentrate on having Biafra as an Igbo only country(excluding the Ikwerres pls). Y'all should stop being concerned about the well being of these our non-Igbo SS neighbours who betrayed us in the past & who will surely betray us again. Our blood could not have been continously shed all these years for Biafra and then, have these minorities come in to enjoy the fruits of our labor, after we've done all the hard work. Mbanu! Things simply don't work that way. I hate to see Ndi Igbo adding these people into the Biafra equation, thereby attracting unnecessary ridicule and insult to us. Have we ever stopped to ask ourselves, what use these people will be to us in Biafra? To be honest, these minorities will be nothing short of a liability and headache to us in Biafra. An Igbo only country called Biafra is the answer!
@Ezeagu, it's not just a few Ndi Igbo that are talking of Biafra. The truth is that 98% of Ndi Igbo want Biafra. I would also like to know your opinion on this Biafra issue, 'cause you've kind of been on the fence about it.
Nne,chukwu gozie gi...i thank God that quite a sizable number of us are already thinking this way.these mba miri people will keep knifing us in the back until we learn our lesson.the earlier we start dissociating from these people the better for us.

4 Likes

Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by ezeagu(m): 11:25pm On Oct 24, 2015
chuna1985:

Niger delta has been shielded several times by we igbos. If we leave, Niger delta is gone.

Imagine a nation with Hausa/fulani n Yoruba as majority n Niger delta as minute minority.........They will finish dem

That's not the Igbo mans concern. That is the prerogative of the independent nations of the delta.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by fastestfinger: 11:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
truefact:

Honestly, I think you are one of the divide and rule suffercated people
hell no bro...you'd feel same when your best friend betrays you; or,when you find out the brother you thought had your back,never did...these folks did our fathers in.if you choose to forget that,you would likely repeat the same mistake our fathers made.This present crop of igbos are just not ready to be betrayed again.Ask yourself this:if jonathan were to be an igboman,would these people give him 10% of the support we gave to their son?

1 Like

Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 25, 2015
ezeagu:

That's not the Igbo mans concern. That is the prerogative of the independent nations of the delta.

Nothing less than 33% of SS are igbos
Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by ezeagu(m): 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
chuna1985:

Nothing less than 33% of SS are igbos

Let them say it themselves with a loud voice, like someone from Imo or Enugu state would.

1 Like

Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
ezeagu:

Let them say it themselves with a loud voice, like someone from Imo or Enugu state would.

U have received d info u need. U can start shouting if it pleases u.
Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by UnimkeAk(m): 11:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
nwanlecha:

Honestly when I hear igbos and biafra I laugh.
Because Igbos are the biggest beneficiaries of this country.
I can coNfidently say u don't even live in the east.
Re: Is Biafra Igbo? by Milkyways: 11:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
If only the so called South-South or ND people can think like ASARE.

WATCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8qg6k9jKIg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Salary Is A Privilege Not A Right -rochas Okorocha / Ndi Anambra Something Great Is Happening In Our State (photos) / Man Who Spent 29 Years In Nigeria Reveals The Appalling Difference Between Black

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.